Lou you must have some Canadian Blood in you for getting out camping in this weather!!!
I am getting "old" today it felt like the absolute middle of winter - so cold I said forget it I am staying in my warm bed all afternoon!
We had bittersweet news today with Mom - her rehab is going great and they had the team meeting with the family this morning. They have targeted a pass home in two weeks and permanently home within 3 weeks - that was huge news. Then of course the other hand drops and takes the wind out of the sails.
Her PD (peritoneal dialysis) is not working so they are going back on HD (hemo dialysis). If she refuses then she will not be allowed to go back on PD and it will be her choice to let her life expire in the time it takes for the toxins to overload - this is a horrible juncture in our lives.
All we can do now is support Mom and hope that she will choose the HD and give it time so that she can work that into her life. We are all set at home with full support systems for her now to give both Dad and Mom the assistance they need with supplemental care of course from Peter and I. I will be taking on the afternoons of her HD - this is going to be very trying.
In the midst of it all - Lou & Larry you will be interested in this one...The lot from Hell! is back. After a deferral from Oct 7 the council deferred the meeting again this time from basically a GAG order given to the council because they received a letter from the opposition that was so sever in implicating the process with slanderous content!!! They have turned this fight into a war - Peter and I and the family are not prepared to go to war. So we have lost our dreams, livelyhood and a home for my parents - this was a huge things for us and we are at a loss as to our next steps to recover our losses of 4 years of this man fighting our simple application to build a small home by the lake. So we have to retain a lawyer one last time to advice the direction and options available to us on the application as it stands now. It looks like the council does not have the balls to render a decision so they will choose to not render a decision thus it will end up at the OMB for another hearing at $10,000 a day - we just don't have the money to fight this many any more!!! this is not right - it is so unjust and we have no recourse unless you have the money to do it.
So that is that and I am glad that we can finally move this (although it won't be fast) at least we have made the decision to "move on"!!! Life really throws you some punches sometimes - but I want this man OUT of my life - he has been a nemesis for far to long and the cause of much heartache and conflict within our family.
Now maybe we can get back to AIRSTREAMING and having FUN in our lives.
Time for both Peter and I to be Unleashed and Lovin' It!
Now if I could just get my new life plan set so that I can get out of her during the winter months I would be a very happy little International CCD camper