Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #2781
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Your plans for the Mod Pod sound great. It sounds like you and Peter switched and he is to have the "Lady Bug"... soon to be renamed.

We'd love to be able to give you a hand Sharon but you may have to settle for an attempt to make you smile...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #2782
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Well as you know - Peter was all set to refit the Ladybug, and we had made that trip in April to pick up all the new parts for her. Well it has been down hill ever since then. with health issues then financial issues. Peter managed to build his beautiful garage in all that mess. His baby the Overlander we had to let go to survive financially along with selling all the Excella parts too.

I have spent so much time in "our" anniversary present - that she has become well "mine", just as "our" boat has become "his" as he uses it more than I do. As I use the CCD more than he does.

I feel for Peter with all the things that he has had to endure, and he had such plans for the Overlander.

I am happy in the CCD I love towing it and feel real comfortable - it is big enough for me to live in during extended periods.

I had all the plans for the Ladybug - but they were my plans, so I have given them up so he can make his own mark - he really needs something like this to work on and he is having a great time with it already.

He really does want to get into working on trailers as a hobby, and as the room is more and more in his big garage - he will be in his element for sure.

The reno in the CCD is a piece of cake for him. Will probably take him an afternoon to knock up the framing and fit the drawers and cupboards.

I am hoping I will have some time to do some sewing and make him all new curtains for his GlobeTrotter - he just said tonight that maybe he will resurrect Moonbeam (II) as he is going with the yellow and blue motif still. So I will dig up some of the old MoonBeam items that the new owner did not take.

I hope with the wrist that they do not cast the whole hand - as my fingers are still strong so I could handle the sewing machine at least.

But I am afraid there goes my piano playing for a while longer. I did play a bit this week - although painful I was pleased that I could still play. Can not handle the chords with the left hand though.

You make me laugh - singing - not bloody likely Now writing is a possibility. And hopefully lots of shooting. I will be able to still kayak through a good portion of the summer which is a bit of a bonus than what I was expecting.

I Can still drive - so that is another good thing - so I might be in for a few more road trips than what I was expecting as well. So always good things come of not so good situations. Just another little bump in the road -ha or is that a tailpipe with a muffler attached that I nailed on my trip home luckily with NO damage to either truck or trailer...so maybe I do have some luck after all....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #2783
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I like the Moon Beam interior too. That will be lovely. I believe this is one of your pictures of her...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_9830_original.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	101427

photography
Old 05-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #2784
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Hey!

Hey silver sisters!

Hope everyone is doing great. I'm counting down til Memorial weekend, can't wait to get the kayak back in the lake.

Sharon here's a hug, you've been through a lot! Carol, Suz, Lou, where ya been? When are we camping again?

Hope to see you folks around a real campfire sometime!!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #2785
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Steph, sounds good. We had such a great time. Hope we can round up the possee and get out together again!! The weather today is divine!!! Let's have all non rainy days for camping, agreed?

photography
Old 05-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #2786
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
out and about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Hey silver sisters! Hope everyone is doing great. I'm counting down til Memorial weekend, can't wait to get the kayak back in the lake.
Sharon here's a hug, you've been through a lot! Carol, Suz, Lou, where ya been? When are we camping again? Hope to see you folks around a real campfire sometime!!
Hi Steph and all,
Larry and I have been out and about. We left for our long trip at the end of Mar. Got home from FL, AL, GA, TN, KY and OH where we attended 3 rallies, then out again this past weekend. We stopped overnight at PennWood Airstream Park, then headed on to the Grand Canyon of PA. It was a gorgeous spot to hike. We also stopped to visit Larry's brother in the north central area of PA. Now we are back at home. Steph, are you going to be able to make it to the Metro-Detroit Rally? That comes up in August.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #2787
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Lou what about the new unit Nova are there any rallies planned? If not, how about you and Loren go it solo? It might be time to try to get the girls together again...without Loretta!! Girl power... like the western sisters do!

photography
Old 05-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #2788
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Home again for a few days!!!

OMG Sharon. I am so, so sorry you have had all those problems. I was afraid when you said you were having trouble bending your fingers that something was wrong. I got home from Haiti early last Tues., home one day and then we took Queenie out for her first trip of the season to Merlefest-a blue grass festival about 45 minutes from home. We got home Sunday and I have been trying to catch up every since. Haiti was an amazing and challenging experience. Please check out my blog on Humzoo.com/reera I am trying to write my story in chapters and photos but its slow going. Yes, I did need and use my boots, yes it was hotter than words can describe and yes the people were wonderful and need so much. We are leaving next Thurs for the beach and I plan to take my new Mac with me and catch up on my writing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0546.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	351.3 KB
ID:	101838  
Old 05-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #2789
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
WOW Dannie that trip really looks GREAT on you girl!!!!

I will head over to your blog this evening for a good read for sure.
What an experience that must have been.

I am so glad that you have made it back safe and sound. And look at you right into your Camping season. I bet Richard was so pleased to see you home. Hope all your plans and prep all paid off. I tip my hat to you sweetie, you are some remarkable woman!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #2790
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Latest Update..

Well I had my wrist consult yesterday. From the exam the damage is inconclusive. But the ultrasounds are definitely indicating a severed tendon. He has not choice but to go in and do a complete exploratory to find the damage and repair it. He said I could have a number of things going on like nerve damage, vascular repairs he would do along with any ligament or carpal bone hacking I might have done. It was a pretty hard blow to the wrist with a very sharp knife.

He was empathetic in my plight and having my long awaited ankle surgery postponed because of this accident. So he has squeezed me into his surgical rotation - NEXT FRIDAY so no waiting 3 months!!! Although I am not looking forward to any surgery it was the best bit of news I have had in since my other surgery was cancelled. Now I can start to plan things again.

I am working on an idea to get my Orthopaedic guy here at home to take the Ankle guys referral back so I can get my knee looked at in the next few weeks. Then they can decide what to do with that instead of waiting for August 23 with this other Knee y in Toronto. That way my ankle guy can make a decision whether to have the knee done before or after my ankle surgery. (if the knee even needs surgical intervention.) If it is some sort of therapy I need then I can start that asap.

I have decided to at least see if I can take a few classes from my College course on line for now, and once my surgeries are all done I will then apply to go full time back to school and finish up what I have to.

So I am thinking of a Road Trip being in order for the month of June!! Would love to do the MI OH NC Loop Anyone have any ideas or dates or places that the Rivettes might do a women's power solo weekend???

ModPod is now under full construction. I have ran around trying to get the laminate matched up - even though I can get it from a dealer the freight up here to Canada is ridiculous!!! It will be cheaper for my cabinet guy here to find it for me.

If he can't - well I just might have to do that road trip to Jackson Centre after all and pick up my parts from there.

I would like to do my counters as well but I might just hold off for a bit on that and see how the new L - seating works out first.

Peter is making the main pieces, Hmm I asked him to show me how to build this but well uugg it did not go down too well so he is taking over. And I am left with the other part of the reno job...it's called team work LOL.

Worked out the cushion sequence and will order up the foam tomorrow. I am heading out to get the new upholstery as well and will start on the new curtains too. Hopefully have the curtains done by the end of the weekend.

I have a red fleck counter in mind, but I am also thinking may a white counter with small red and black flecks in it so that it is not too dark but not totally white either.

I am still looking for new blinds and not sure what to do yet. But I do like the ones that have the aluminum valance, they put in the new airstreams - anyone know where you can get those other than from Airstream...

Hopefully it will be done by the end of May.

The colour/texture scheme I am looking at.

this for the curtains and the new privacy curtain as well. The front curtains I will line in black as I found out that at night with the lights on I give a real great puppet show to those who have a late night walk - OMG!!!!

Name:	DSC_7131.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	101950

This for the seat cushions - I like the idea of contrasting with both colour and textures instead of a sea of material all the same.

Name:	DSC_7140.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	101948

And here is the beginning of Peter's handy work. This will be laminated with the marble black laminate used in the current European models - that is what was used in the 05 CCD Christopher deam models. I like that we decided to curve it to match the night stand and the large closet that make the visual triangle as you come in the door.

As I will loose my handy spot on the wheel well with the previous open seating, I had him make me a cubby hole to pop things like my gloves, level and sweeper handy to reach still. I will still have under the seat storage. But this seat will be one heck of a lot more comfortable than the subway seating that was in it.

I am running the bench on the wall the full length to the desk 6' - thus when the bed slide comes out it will be a full 8' long!!! A little thinner than I wanted at 40" but can not go wider or you could not open the bathroom door with the bed out. As it was with the existing system you can not open the door all the way. So now when I am not using the extra bed which I barely do I will have all the room in the world when I come out of the shower.

Name:	DSC_7148.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	101949

I have still to come up with my table design and stowing system...any ideas???
Old 05-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #2791
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I like the molded back that Peter made for you Sharon. Those shades you are looking for are called oceanair port shades. There is also a thread here with the Airstream parts numbers if you want to compare pricing.

Oceanair PortShade Portlight Shade at AhoyCaptain.com - Always your best source.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f39/...ers-42750.html

Name:   oceanair_ps.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  4.3 KB

Sounds like you will be a busy lady. Glad things are working out for scheduling for you. June sounds good. Any thought to go to Alumapalooza? I wonder if Steph would like to show us Tawas? Or maybe we could descend upon Vickie and get the tour of her new fifth wheel and Sue will stop by too.

Danny your stories are going to be remarkable! What a wonderful and selfless thing you have done. I have read your first entry and was amazed. "Elizabeth Taylor" sounds like quite the character! You are stout of heart to take on such hard conditions physically and emotionally. You are an angel and I am looking forward to reading more. Glad you are back safe and sound. Maybe you can come out to a women's rally with us.

photography
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #2792
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Alumapalooza n such

We are going to be able to go to the Alumapalooza at JC the first week of June. And we are definitely signed up for the Metro Detroit Rally in August. Anyone else going???

Sharon, we are glad that you are back on "schedule" to get those body repairs started. Geez, girlfriend, you sure did do yourself in for the time being. I will keep you in my prayers and send happy positive thoughts your directions! And I look forward to seeing that reno job that you are doing! Sounds great!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #2793
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I know Alumapalooza is a bit pricy but I know it will be a fun time guaranteed! If we had enough the Silver Sisters could gather for Happy Hour or a trip to town together. There is so much to do and see. I want to hear the couple that does the video blog the Long Long Honeymoon. Their adventures will be out on DVD and I want to pick one up as well. It would be cool to meet elsewhere and caravan in and park together.

Otherwse perhaps you and Lauren can meet up if we get a rally going sometime in between your other trips and rallies.

Ladies please chime in if you are up for a gathering in June.

photography
Old 05-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #2794
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Might be able to do something in June. Sharon your spot's waiting for you and we would love a visit. Since you will have new bed space I just might hitch a ride!! Hope surgery goes well and starts you on a road to getting healthy aain.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #2795
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Might be able to do something in June. Sharon your spot's waiting for you and we would love a visit. Since you will have new bed space I just might hitch a ride!! Hope surgery goes well and starts you on a road to getting healthy aain.
Thanks Dannie...

Keeping fingers crossed for a June run, but I am balking a bit at this surgeon scheduled to do my wrist. He does not specialize in Hands, his specialty is Breasts, Tucks, Lipo, Facial & other lifts. So I am somewhat concerned that if he gets in there and these tendons are non repairable, and he needs to do reconstruction I don't now when the last time if ever he has done any of that kind of work. I want someone with experience in hands not breasts, and labia reductions for heaven sake
Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #2796
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey!
Yes Lou I'll be at the MD rally in August, can't wait for it to happen!!
I'd be open to a June gathering, which weekend? I have a June graduation on the 5th.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #2797
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Hey!
Yes Lou I'll be at the MD rally in August, can't wait for it to happen!!
I'd be open to a June gathering, which weekend? I have a June graduation on the 5th.
We are already looking forward to the MD rally. Larry and I signed up for the Alumapalooza the first week of June. We decided that although it was expensive we were in as opposed to going to a big WBCCI rally like the one in Gillette, WY. Those $$$$$ would be totally out the window. Besides it is only 3 hours away.
Any other silver sisters going to the Alumapalooza????
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #2798
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I was seriously thinking about it. As I was (key word was) scheduled for wrist surgery this Friday. I was going to go on a two week holiday the last two weeks being in a cast.

But after careful consideration of this particular surgeon I was booked in for surgery with - I have decided that I really should be going to someone with extensive hand and wrist experience.

I got a terrible impression from this other guy - and the kicker was he had dirty nails that along with his area of speciality and his terrible reviews made up my mind over the weekend.

So I contacted my ankle surgeon again and asked to get me in somewhere else. They have now put in an urgent referral to the University of Toronto Hand Program.

I really can not believe the run of bad luck I have had with this injury. But I feel experience is far better than expedience at this late a date following the initial accident.

So I am now waiting again for another consult and new dates for a surgery. Which puts me on hold for any plans to get out on the road.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #2799
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
good

I am glad that you are trying to get some better expertise for the hand/wrist. But don't let too much time elapse. You are getting a long ways down the road as I am sure you know. The longer it sits like it is the more work/and therapy there will be.
Take care of yourself!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #2800
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Glad you are getting a second opinion. I believe in trusting my instincts. Leaving for the beach Thurs and going to the mountains for a couple of days and then home. Getting a little tired of traveling so much-hav so much yard work to do.