Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #1947
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Congrats Louisa

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #1948
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Here's some back up for your back up sister!

Great photos Louisa, very nice back up too!!

Good for you getting your trailer in I love your philosophy of just being warned if you are gonna hit something and letting you figure it out yourself!!

I'm adding that to my checklist--"While backing up don't let your helper get your back up"

Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 AM   #1949
2 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Pleasanton , California
Very Cool! I've been looking for the ladies room since I got to this mall...
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #1950
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post

I'm adding that to my checklist--"While backing up don't let your helper get your back up"

Thanks Steph - I love the way you phrased it!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #1951
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Geesee just checking in at the fire pit before I go off grid...Had to wait for propane delivery - the b'sssss let us run out again!!! time to find a new supplier. Anyway was touch and go I might have had to stay home yet another Night so he could use the trailer...did want to leave the poor fellow with no services. Heat, cooking and nice hot shower would all be gone if they did not deliver...They just left so dogs are in the car (decided to take them with me) Will have to weather the stoop and scoup storm....maybe I could pay an unsuspecting gentleman at the park

The weather again has changed and now calling for rain tomorrow all day - but I don't CARE I am going anyway - and just sit in the ModPod and read a book (maybe I will finally get to finish that book you lent me Carol)
But the weather from Thursday on is to be like an indian summer - so last minuet I had to pack some shorts

LP detector is toast - now on permanent red with no alarm and will not clear - so when I get there I will just unhook it - last thing I want is it going off all night long....just have to use my nose - not using the furnace so it will only be the cook top I am using.

Have a great time around the fire pit gals - will check back in when I can....all be safe be well and have fun at whatever you may be doing.

Steph I am going to try some of that backwards Yakking stunts will let ya know how it goes
Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #1952
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just had to share....

Had a great Thanksgiving weekend with Annie and Marvin - Peter joined us a little later than expected but nevertheless we had fabulous weather.

But what I want to share is....some may know that I have a little fetish about the cute (but tenacious) little red squirrels. I have taken 100's of photos of the little cutties - but what I did not know is that these little guys can SWIM!!!!! and swim fast too.

On Friday I decided to get up early for me (7:00am) take the girls for a quick piddle and back in for a short breakie and out the door I went for a morning paddle. Being much cooler now in the mornings the mist is quite thick so you have to time it just right so that you can actually see where you are paddling.

Anyway I was thoroughly enjoying the paddle and checking out Lake St. Peter - not a soul was up - and no one in the water and it was dead calm. Simply a perfect morning.

Something caught the corner of my eye and just had to see what it was. I thought maybe a little otter, or muskrat - but then thought it might have been a weasel but no...... I had to high tail it in getting the kayak turned around to get closer look and better position to shoot him and could not understand why this little water creature did not dive....until of course I saw the bushy tell tail "tail" A Red Squirrel - wow....

I watched him cross the lake at a narrowing - it must have felt like he was crossing an ocean - and it was brrrrr too - when he got to the other side he shook so hard I could not get shot in focus - besides the issue that I was avoiding slamming into someone's dock while still clicking off photos...

Anyway for all those who never knew - here is proof of the pudding
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9892.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	69264

Name:	DSC_9898.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	69265

Name:	DSC_9917.jpg
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	69268

Name:	DSC_9916.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	69267
Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 AM   #1953
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Right...here is the thing....I have had itchy feet to get out solo for quite sometime...with everything feeling a bit like it is caving in my so called walls that are safely put up around me

So with the almost broken in ModPod I headed out for my long awaited few days on my own - awe peace and quiet....

Name:	DSC_9762.jpg
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	69278
Not being a seasoned "trailerite" when I arrived at the 99.9% empty provincial Park I never gave a thought to looking for a different site other than the one that was reserved for the coming weekend. At the time I just did not feel like setting up camp and breaking camp in the same park.....but I should have - as there were some awesome sites right on the water that would have been perfect to gaze out my big windows at

Instead I spent quite a bit of time leveling up the MP - was on a hill with only one bag of blocks to boot. With my jack plate on I was still too high in the front - so I ended up hooking up again and removing it and letting the jack sit on a piece of wood I borrowed from the pic nic table Anyway not a person was to be found in the loop I was in and only 3 others in the entire park.

Name:	DSC_9645.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	69274
My next order of business was to get my kayaks unloaded (brought hubbies along for when he arrived later) - By the time that was done I just caught a bit of a sun set - but did not have much time to check out the park yet. Walking of the dogs was close to home was feeling a tad bit nervous - you know like the boogy man under the stairs spooky

Name:	DSC_9668.jpg
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	69275

Of course when the mind turns to food all fears seem to vanish - could be the bottle of wine that I did not have to share with anyone. Now check out that label too. On my way up to the park I realized all I had was the Chocolate Raspberry Port and I had planned a nice dinner so I thought I better pick one up. Not knowing if I still had a cork screw packed I played it safe and went with the screw top type of plonk But could not resist the label

Name:	DSC_9680.jpg
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	69276

OH YUM and there was no one there to tell me I took out too many shrimp!!! or you have more than I do yada yada...

However when it came to sitting down to eat - ALONE!!!! - that made the evening seem a bit "lonely" and I hate being lonely...so into the DVD box I went and selected "The Long Long Trailer" for my dinner theatre extraveganza

Name:	DSC_9687.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	69277

Well not quite the RITZ with the Chocolate on my pillow - and as you can see the first night in it was really cold and the girls took half the bed! I was very glad that I decided to take them after all - although I could really do without the experience of having to pick up their doo doo that is the size of owning two elephants!!! But they were really good and did not pull when I had to stop and to the deed with the blue bags

The oil heater worked really well - as I had a malfunctioning LP detector I did not want to run my propane furnace unless I was awake. First night I did not have it high enough and near chilled me through

Thursday was a right off - the weather was yuck and I basically went for a drive with the girls and then it started to rain for the rest of the day. So I headed back to the MP had a great afternoon nap, read a book and watched another movie - not much to do outside when it is pouring with rain. Just glad I was not in a tent

Name:	DSC_9882.jpg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	69279

Friday morning the weather was nice and clear so I headed out in the Kayak before anyone else was up. It was so quiet I don't think the birds were even up.

It is a fairly big lake with lots of cottages/houses around - it felt somewhat peculiar and not really in the middle of the wild. I thought it was funny how the Provincial Park was nestled in the middle of such a place. If you turned just so you could pretend that it was Algonquin - really in the middle of the wilderness with just a few privileged cottages here and there.

Name:	DSC_9981.jpg
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	69280

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	69283

Name:	DSC_9947.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	69281

Name:	DSC_9936.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	69282

Nonetheless it was wonderful to get away and to spend some time in the Airstream.

However it was more than welcoming to see my friends Annie and Marvin roll in late Thursday afternoon.

With no phone signal in the area I relied on the telephone booth and experienced a no show from Peter not arriving until late Friday evening just in time for Steak and Shrimp!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #1954
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Beautiful pictures and so brave to go and set up camp. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #1955
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Sisters,

Here's a link to a collection of pix taken at the Jackson rally..paula

http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...imageuser=9847
Old 10-21-2008, 09:15 AM   #1956
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I have wheelbarrowed some wood in as the temps are dropping and we need some warmth to go around - lots of sisters needing hugs and support out there...Life tosses us a real long road at times.....

Name:	DSC_9718.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	69969
Will I make it?

Name:	DSC_9720.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	69970
Come now...It's not that far!

Life really sucks sometimes too. Friends and Family is all we have to get us through!!! - so here is the starting HUG! {{{{{{}}}}}}
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #1957
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi,

We're back from our rally in Kernville, Ca..here's a link to a collection of pix taken from the rally:
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #1958
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Hi,

We're back from our rally in Kernville, Ca..here's a link to a collection of pix taken from the rally:
Looks like a great Rally! - love the Big Flinstone Rocks that mark the site numbers

Hey Paula is that you on the Keyboard?
Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 AM   #1959
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Gals! Looks like everyone is having a great time and loving your pictures and stories. I am getting a few pictures up at pbase and still adding them here upper_peninsula Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com

We went to the UP for a fall tour after the Mackinaw rally. Brad had a problem with shortness of breath but he is home from the hospital and doing fine. In fact I still can't keep up with him...especially mornings.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2834.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	70039   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3035-2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	70040  

Name:	IMG_3753.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	70041   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3287.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	70042  

Name:	IMG_2514.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	70043   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3414.jpg
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	70044  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 AM   #1960
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
......... I am getting a few pictures up at pbase and still adding them here upper_peninsula Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com..........

OMG how do you type breathless - or deep breath - your photos blew me away!!!! I am so glad to see you are posting on PBase again you have such a talent Carol You have such an eye for natures beauty - the lighting this time of year is awesome and you have captured nature in its glory.

I am so glad to hear Brad is home safe and sound now and doing much better.