Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #2761
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Beautiful photos, Shar. Sounds like you had fun even with the challenges. Dannie and crew look gorgeous :-) On my own front, I have decided to back out of the deal with the old Liner. I am looking at a 1957 and hope to be able to buy that instead. I took the husband and the two dogs seven hours one way to go see it yesterday. With any (good) luck, I will have it. I should know in a few days... Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #2762
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
OM--Sharon... that is awful about your knife fight-- yikes. I am so glad that you didn't do worse damage. I have you in my thoughts for a speedy healing... and that the ability to use your hand will not be too damaged. Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 03-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #2763
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Rae, sorry you have such a struggle. Hope the 57 works out for you. Maybe we can get together this summer.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #2764
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Just a quick update...stitches came out Monday with much persistence, but I was not a total baby. Was a bit queasy at one point but my girlfriend is so very gentle. Still seeping so we had no choice but to go with the steri strips. And I still have to bandage and change it 2- 3 times depending on the seepage. I really did quite the number and it is taking exactly the time it needs to heal for the wound that I have. I would be much easier if it was just a straight cut into the skin but no I have to go all out and slice it up an inch or so to!

But the laceration is shrinking everyday and is not quite invasive looking even under the steri strips. I will be left with a nice scar but with a bit of work with vitamin e cream I should lesson it over time.

I am gaining a bit of strength as I use it more, but still having trouble with the tendon to the thumb, it is quite painful and no torque as they say.

All in good time and I have to be patient - ha not one of my best traits.

Rae - good luck on that 57....I just think I saw a 50? bubble which on the weekend if still there - ha Dannie I am going to stop in and ask about it - it is sitting in a junk yard as T says the place is....What a time not to have any money on hand...

Eh Carol like those two we saw on the way to the side trip to River something or another - getting old and can not even remember the name of that gorgeous park, where towdaddy keeps her As..

I think it was a 1961 Tradewind with Pink fixtures - I bet if I drove there it would still be there. He had the 1963 GlobeTrotter as well - one of those hoarder type people that never give up their possessions.

Road my bike with one hand yesterday - I am so darn bored I have to do something other than sit inside this trailer all day long. I am feeling much better now - and will have to spend the weekend moving three times before my next and final week stay here.

It will be very hard to leave knowing that I am driving home to face major surgery. I thought I would have had a nice relaxing holiday - instead I inflict trauma ha ha of all the bloody luck..

Now if I had just stayed sitting around this campfire I think I would have been just fine.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:30 AM   #2765
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Toasting marshmellows might have been safer :-)
Not exactly great for the diet.. but..

I'm glad that you are healing and on the road to recovery.

I will know soon about the trailer. I know of one bubble - a '57 actually- done up flashy from the photos- for sale in NC. I'm sure there are others though. A little too small for me right now, not that 18' is a whole lot bigger...

Crossing fingers- got the cats' and dogs' paws crossed too-- hard to walk them ike that-- ha ha.

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 04-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #2766
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well I had a really nice week. Still down in Charleston. Have spent a lovely week with my friend, although we had planned to do all sorts of golfing, I sort of put a kybosh on that plan. So we went property hunting instead, and going out for lunches at nice restaurants. The weather has been great these last few days.

I had to move sites twice last weekend and they were having me move 3 times this coming weekend. Unless you book a year in advance you are lucky to even get a spot. It is spring break here starting tomorrow so it is pretty crazy.

I checked with the office this morning and they were able to get me a site for the full weekend so I only have to move tomorrow. I have 4 more nights to sort out for next week, and will see if I might be able to stay at the camp here. But I do plan on at least pulling out down to the beach like I did last Friday. You can take your trailer and park for the day but no overnight parking. So I would run back to the camp overflow instead of staying in the walmart parking lot.

The beach pics were taken last Friday. Since then it has only rained once on the Sunday.

I am leaving here Thursday Morning and heading through Wilmington and then on up to Cedar Island where I will stay the night in the ferry parking lot and catch the 7:00 am Ferry to Ocracoke and then on up to some friends who are having a "Beach House" weekend up near Duke. I will be leaving there mid day Sunday and heading home.

My wrist is coming along. It has been draining for such a long time. About mid week we removed the steri strips, leaving only one on. The wound finally stopped draining on Tuesday. Although my hand is now swelling up a bit by the end of the day, it is so nice not to have to change dressings 3-4 times a day. It is super tender and still have swelling over the area that the skin was pealed back with the knife. But it is healing nicely - wish I could say the same about the scar it has left - but I guess over time it will shrink and hopefully not be so noticeable. It is getting stronger, and this extra week will do it good before I have to start driving again.

It really does seem the longest 22 days ever.

Well lets hope the weather stays nice and I can get some great time in at the beaches before I have to head home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	102_0536.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	99248

Name:	102_0539.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	99247
Old 04-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #2767
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon, how is the healing coming along? And how is Peter and what is new on the home front, even though you are on location? Great shots at Danalee's. Please post more of your pictures whatever they are, except for blood on the floor...

Victoria, how are you faring and your dear hubby's health?

Hey Rae nice to meet ya!

Danalee are you embarking on your trip?

Judybug, KPosey, what's up?

Carol Clark, what is going on with you these days? Are you back in the Airstream now?

Me... I have a new job. I am working in dietary at the long term care facility I have been at since last summer. I look like this, or maybe like I have a bad toupee!!

Name:	ruth.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	100104

Gosh I am tired, I start at 4:30- 6:00 a.m. and I have always been a night owl. You guessed it, I look tired all the time, and I am. Hope it gets better soon...

I have this urge to watch three old movies, anyone remember them? Norma Rae, Silkwood, and Flashdance. LOL I am giving this working thing my all. At least the Stream is here and I can sit in it, though I long to be on the road and exploring...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #2768
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Hi Everybody! Glad to read about latest news. My news is rather sparce as we havn't taken any long trips yet. We did Guadalupe RV River Resort last month and that worked out well. The two grandkids stayed with us and we had a grand time with nice weather. The rv park is only about an hour from our house, but it took us about 4 hourse to arrive there. Once we got to the storage place to hook up the tv and safari I spent about an hour getting everything ready to roll out of the gate. It was my first time for hooking up by myself and it was a learning time for me. I'm happy to say I FINALLY got all the chains and bars and do dads in the right place. This was also my first time to actually pull the trailer without directions from someone else. Proud to say "I DID IT". Hook up at the park was a challage having arrived at dusk and no flashlight in the glove box. Have to say, I need more exercise! Slept like a rock that night even with hubby snoring. Looking forward to a trip further north in about 6 weeks . Oh yeah, forgot to tell you, since that trip I have been to Arkansas, picked up a truck on a tow dolly and brought it to Texas. It was more difficult actually that pulling the Safari since the tow dolly didn't have a break assist or sway control. The only rule the u-haul person said was "don't back up". Well, that took some planning and careful watching at service stations and such. Anyway, I figure it was good practice. Made it home in one piece.
I remember those movies! All good ones, but not really that old.
Looking back at this post, I'm really a blabber mouth. Never was before.
Judybug
judybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #2769
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
FANTASTIC!! Every time you hear another Rivette has made her first tow, another angel gets her wings. You Go Girl!
Attached Images

photography
Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #2770
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
wooo! Good going, Judybug!!
I didn't get the one '57 I had looked at in FL. Was outbid at the last second on eBay by a sneaky bidder. Then I learned of someone who might have an Airstream through another forum member. I took a drive out there and low and behold- a perfect specimen. I didn't hesitate to buy. I know the journey will be challenging but I intend to succeed. My goal is to have her road worthy by fall. It's a shell-off restoration, new frame with more beef for tanks and any support issues, new wheels and rewire, insulate, re-seal all windows, door, etc. I might not get the inner skins on by then, but hopefully I can get it stable enough to tow south (the resto will happen in CT where my husband has the classic yacht yard). I can put a mattress in there and use a portable stove, etc. and go camping!! Over the winter in FL I can refinish all the woodwork- or template new wood where needed. Order the parts and supplies for the interior that are missing, etc. I know that once the metal part is complete, the rest will go easy-ish for me since that's all very familiar. I'm very lucky in that I pretty much can devote most of my time to the project, and not a full time job elsewhere. I really want to be able to share my home on wheels with all my new friends (and my old ones too). I'd love to be able to meet everyone and spend some time camping together-- in our trailers :-)

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 04-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #2771
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
san antonio , Texas
Thanks for the cheers. Makes me smile.
Judybug
judybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:16 AM   #2772
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just a quick checking in.

Made it home on Monday.

I left Charleston on Thursday at 6:00 got into the Ferry Parking lot for 2:00 - now that was a slow boat to China drive.

Next I did the Ferry to Ocracoke all the way up the Outer Banks OBX better coined to a little place called Duck! - now that was a slow boat to Africa - or is that the African Queen.

Had a great time - arrived before anyone else and just set up camp on the driveway - not a soul around - but still got her in with two inches to spare from the deck over hang.

The drive home seemed even longer cause I just did not want to go home not this time.

The preop is today and two weeks I will be under the knife - ha hopefully by someone who knows how to handle sharps better than I do ROFL!!!

Peter is starting to feel much better but still has a ways to his own full recovery - seems he will be off for a while longer - and will be a big help to me following my surgery. I checked out the crutches and I will have a heck of a time lugging my lard AS around on this poor wrist now!!!

Our lives though are finally starting to look up.

We have sold the Waterfront Lot - and the silver lining it has been sold to the Princess Margaret Foundation for their Lottery - the 2011 lottery.

For those who don't know it is a lottery where all the proceeds go to Cancer Research.

It would be sweet poetic justice if we purchased tickets and actually won the prize now wouldn't it.....

We are glad that this chapter is finally over and we can now have some closure in our lives. They are letting us keep our boat there for this summer and the fellow across the bay said Peter could keep his boat there at his dock.

I tried my hand at kayaking - Peter helped me in - basically roll and drop in and roll out and hoist up I can not put my weight on the wrist with the hand flat down but locked in I can now. But I have to be careful it is not healed yet still.

Peter had been busy in the Kitchen and finished the Island and done lots of little things around the house. I hope that he will find himself a team to play slow pitch this summer and to start getting out there again socializing.

My last day at the Folly Beach Spot and you can see the Spring Break crowd got pretty big.

Name:	102_0733.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	100336
Then my first ever Ferry ride

Name:	102_0770.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	100337

Name:	102_0843.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	100339
And a second shorter Ferry ride in with the big trucks not sure what was more nerving!

Name:	102_0816.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	100338

Name:	102_0928.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	100341

Name:	102_0929.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	100340

JudyBug - that is fantastic!! Congrats and with only a few more times you will say Oh my what was all the fuss about this is great and so much freedom to do as you need and want - the road is yours girl!!!

SilverFox - wow a woman with huge dreams and courage to take on a shell off....that is a big job girl - so what exactly will you be doing - do you and your H share specific jobs. Will you be keeping a photo record of your progress?

Carol - Oh my that picture is so becoming of you and brought to mind what it would be like to go to work every day again. I hear you - it was tough getting up to go to school that is for sure. I am glad you are doing fine and enjoying the work other than being tired - your schedule will adjust soon enough.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #2773
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Lovely pics! I haven't been to SC yet, that is motivation.

The Western Women's Rally in March was a blast. We had 9 trailers boondocking on a beautiful lake in California. The friendships that are formed are priceless! If you don't have an Eastern Women's excersion planned I would highly encourage it.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #2774
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Welcome home Sharon... Glad to hear the lot is sold... That would be great if you won to lottery... now your neighbours will really be ... looks good on the one considering the medical field is involved...poetic justice..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #2775
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Sharon, I am glad that you made it home in one piece. I'll be routing for you on that lottery! Carol, going to work is good, except when it interrupts the social, relaxing life. However, it does pay for the fun time! At least that is what I tell myself every morning this time of year.

Went to the Springstream Rally in North Georgia this past weekend and had the pleasure of meeting Lou and Larita from the Sister Sister's Rallies. They had some great stories to tell, but made me promise not to spread them. Makes me wish I could have been there too! Had a great rally with about 50 units.

Now it's pollen season in the south. The trees and early flowers are beautiful, but it is hard to breath. Sounds like most everyone is doing better now that spring is here.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #2776
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
progress report

Larry and I took our first extended trip in the Excella. We left home the end of Mar. and stopped in JC for the NOVAfest. Woke up to 1/2 in. of snow and was glad that we had dry camped. No frozen lines. We had a great time at NOVAfest and then moved on south to the panhandle of FL to spend a week with our good friends there. Right on the water of the Choctawhatchee Bay, across the water from Destin. Was a beautiful week. Then we moved on to see Talladega Raceway. Larry could not pass up that opportunity. Atlanta was next. Wow! Traffic! Springstream came next. There was alot of shiny aluminum there. We had a great time meeting lots of folks that we have followed on airforums. I got to meet Kathy too!
After Springstream Larry and I pulled up stakes and started across TN and KY and wound up at the Dogwoods and Bluegrass Rally in KY. That rally was great because we met up with some people that we met last year and it was like meeting good friends that we have known for a long time. What friendly people Airstreamers are!!! And the food...OMG! Lots and lots of food! From there we headed back to OH. Spent one more night in JC and picked up a few parts that we needed. Now we are back at home. Catching up on lawn mowing and chores so we can go again. We are headed to PA to Grand Canyon of the East country. And we will pay a visit to Larry's kid brother too.
Sharon keep us posted on the surgery and progress. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Prayers for the rest of you to be safe and sound and hopefully out camping!!!
Is anyone else going to anywhere? Larry and I are planning several more. We have Alumapalooza, MetroDetroit, Pocono, Fall Colors on long range plans.
Hope to bump into some of you down the road!
Lou (and Larrita)
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #2777
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lou, what a great time you have had travelling around!!! And your future plans sound even more exciting. How will you ever contain yourself.

Thanks for thinking of me and my surgery.

Well I suppose I should update you all again - seems my life is never ending in ha I think it has gone beyond bad luck...I think I was just chosen to get through piles and piles of "sh*t" and just smile through the whole lot of it.....

As you know I had a terrible knife accident. On my sneak away trip to get in some golf before I am out of commission for a long while.

Well my ankle surgeon took one look at it during my pre-op on the 14th and sent me for an ultrasound which was last Wednesday. Just 4 days out from my ankle surgery I received horrible news that it now has to take a back seat to surgery on my wrist!!!

Turns out that the emerge in Charleston did not do such a good job in evaluating my injury. I have severed the EPL tendon and 70% tears to two other tendons. It is impossible for me to bare my weight on the wrist that is required to Non-weight bare with cruthes for 6 weeks with the ankle replacement surgery.

Ha and that is not all.....It gets worse - I had not mentioned that my last week in Charleston I had stepped over the tongue unhooking into the deep ruts that I made in my last sink hole site. I had over extended my knee something awful and it has been swollen and extremely sore for about 3 weeks now.

The ankle surgeon looked at that too and has also now sent me for a knee consult. I know my knee well enough to know that it is not very good at all. And most likely will also require surgery. But I am not sure at this point which they would do first the ankle or knee.

Nevertheless I have to first get through the wrist surgery which will be in the next couple of weeks. If they can grab the ends of the tendon it should be a good repair, but it has already been 7 weeks now. Thus they may have to do a tendon transfer. Requires 6 weeks in a cast/splint then 4-6 weeks of therapy.

Then I will be put back into the ankle surgical rotation on a priority basis. (that is if they don't need to do anything to my knee at this time) I will be hopefully into the consults this or next week.

That is all my bad news for now...ha but life is not all ugly.....
Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #2778
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Lou you and Larry are having a wonderful tour with your new Stream. Glad to hear you are getting good use and lots of fun out of it! You two deserve it. We want pictures, please!!!

Sharon! We feel for ya girl. That is a terrible string of incidents to be in line for all that surgery. The good things are is you are a hardy one and will probably heal fast. It's a wonder you didn't pass out from blood loss before you got to the ER. Your surgeon deserves lots of credit to be looking after you and catching these other issues before starting with your ankle. Too bad you can't heal from a couple of surgeries at the same time since you have so much time to write and sing this season. Maybe you will finish Chattering Woods. Do you have to use crutches? What if you used a chair or better still held STILL? Just teasing you there on holding still. A rolling stone gathers no moss for sure! You are in our hearts and prayers and DON'T overdue, really. Let Peter wait on you and then keep us posted.

photography
Old 04-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #2779
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
So after that news that meant no golf for me no matter how I slice it. I was really down last night - so my girls got a special treat and were allowed to cuddle with me - ha they took up the whole bed!!

Name:	DSC_6812.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	101414

Name:	DSC_6810.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	101413

Since I have been home I have been racking my brain as to getting everything set for my surgery. With the wrist so painful I had to plan recouping in the CCD to save on the distance to access things. But I could not get into the bathroom -

Name:	DSC_6805.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	101411

I thought I could see the computer better by removing the privacy sheild. But now I am going to either put in a sliding top or a very expensive articulating arm to mount my IMac on so that I have access from the bedroom and from the main part of the trailer.

Name:	DSC_6808.jpg
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	101412

so the resulting reno has started Ha - method to some really crazy madness in my life I guess and reason we can still smile through all this.

So first was I needed the long awaited 30amp plug and water connection at the driveway instead of running hoses and cords to the house - an accident waiting to happen. So Mr. Handy Man set too and within a half day the new RV Service Stand was done.

Name:	DSC_6825.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	481.9 KB
ID:	101416

Name:	DSC_6795.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	609.4 KB
ID:	101410

Name:	DSC_6828.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	479.9 KB
ID:	101417

Haily needed to inspect of course to make sure Peter was using the right parts.

Name:	DSC_6791.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	530.8 KB
ID:	101408
And then Haily and Taz were so happy that spring had sprung they were doing a dance...

Name:	DSC_6794.jpg
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	101409

I have spent a considerable amount of time in my sweet ModPod...and you know how it is with these airstreams...they are never just quite right.....if only...if only tee hee.

I have never liked the dinette - the seats are darn uncomfortable and the table is to darn high and squeaks and rattles all the time - so very annoying. It is a major task to drop down into a bed and well to have friends sleep over the dinette is about big enough for kids.

I have found that any serious social dinners are all outside - BBQ of the Camping Kind!!! And the intimate dinners out of the elements are usually only dinner for 2! So the configuration of inside eating certainly does not have to be the standard dinette.

So out it came the whole lot! And Peter is going to instal the dinette into the former LadyBug - pending new name???? Cause he is tall and he likes a dinette...

Here is the new layout.

Name:	DSC_6819.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	101415
I do like the desk makeup but never use it as a desk. I am going to have an aluminum rack made to take a microwave and toaster oven. That always sits on the desk. I like the drawers they are very handy. And I usually just pile stuff under the orange chair that never ever gets used for anything.

The Converter position will move slightly along with the propane detector that has never worked - hmm I would smell propane before it is ever detected - even sleeping tee hee So a new one is on the list.

For the back corner instead of re-routing the plugs and power I will put in easy access sliders to match the over heads. And there will be access to storage space for towels and blankets and things of that nature. To Close in beside the drawers there will be two little cupboards that will hold the extra pillows for the pull out bed.

The pull out bed will be a full 6' plus the stationary L part close to the door - that will make it a wonderful bed for those who are taller than 6' Ha means we get out own beds!! means when we travel together I will finally get some sleep. Turns out I sleep like a baby in this cocoon when I have the bed to myself!

I am going to match the back of the one seat to the night table and obtain the black mottled formica that they are still using in the Euro models, along with trying to get 7 of the drawer pulls to match.

The back of the seat will have an open compartment to stuff shoes in. On the side there will be a door and a place for another storage bin. In front of the wheel well seating there will be more storage for our favourite bottles of wine.

With this set up I will be able to get into the over head cupboard so much easier being the shorty I am.

I like the white drawer fronts and over head cupboards but white counter sucks - so I am changing that out to the grey/white/black boomerang pattern. There are four tops the night table, two sections in the galley and the desk top. I am ditching the orange and going for Sage and Red.

I have not decided on the table design yet - but it will not be used as a bed at all. It will be snapped off quickly and easily and dropped below the bed draw slide out. Or if they make a thin telescoping pole other than those massive ones used in the Panamerica model that take up all the bloody leg room.

I am thinking that it might have some sort of extension to it that allows for more than 2 people to eat. And I will have folding but sturdy stools to sit on the other side like a bar. So I have some thinking and research to do on that.

I am changing out the chinsy blinds for new ones with the aluminum valance.

I also hate the bedroom curtain - works like crap - in fact it does not work at all. As the privacy shield has never stayed put since I have had it. So out it came the curtain I mean. I am going with a more Hospital type curtain that is sheer light and is still private.

I have taken the privacy shield off and having to rework the rubber screws I am hoping that I might come up with a different type of track that it could go into to make it more sturdy and not vibrate out of its screws.

But before I go to far on that I think I will get the trailer wheels balanced as I don't think they have ever been balanced. I do need new tires now anyway as they have dry rot!

Last little reno will be some compartments up in the overheads to keep the baskets in place - ha they crash forward every trip - they must to the dance every road trip LOL.

And that is about it.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #2780
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Do you have to use crutches? What if you used a chair
The problem with this ankle surgery is a lot of bone amputation, and high incidence of blood clots. So it is really important that I am up and about as much as possible. They are putting me on blood thinners too.

Ha I wish I could use a wheel chair that would have made life real easy - ha just bring in the three surgeons and get it all done at once I say LOL...

Thanks for your well wishes Carol. Ha no moss on me that is for sure - It was real tough being in the golfing capital of the world and seeing my bag with its cover on it ouyvey!!! Ha I cleaned the trailer a lot - at first sweeped with one hand. The thumb is a marvel and you sure do miss it when you don't have it to use.

Ha try putting on your bra with one hand.....and getting a jam jar lid off - or even the lid off your deodorant...so many little things we all take for granted.

When I got home and finally re-aquainted with my Nikon - I can barely use the manual focus, and the weight of the camera I can not even manage to pick up with my left hand right now.