Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #1905
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Louisa - thanks for your kind words. I am still at the stage where I could not imagine life without my Mum, but reality set in hard today after my visit with her...

Wow you delivered boats how cool....

We came from power boating to airstreaming...and all the fears people have backing a trailer I had docking a boat and still do to this day!!! Backing a trailer is 10 times easier than fighting with unpredictable winds and hitting your mark on the dock without taking the dock or the hull out

A Sea worthy lady you must be then - you will be blessed with the patience and sensibility - you will do just fine!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #1906
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Hi Kathy! Congratulations on your 4th Airstream! Pictures we want to see. Hope to meet up again, perhaps the next can opener or somewhere in between someday. You're mom was a cool mom to get you into Airstreaming. How nice to feel that connection when you are out there streaming. My parents didn't camp but my mom took me on lots of road trips. She enjoyed driving and seeing what's around the bend. If we missed a stop we'd find another. Followed the signs. It was mostly impromptu. Onward never backward she would tell me.

Sharon, glad you mum will be home from the hospital soon. Good advice you gave to keep active in the oversight of care and ask questions and keep involved with the providers of treatment. Lou and Suz and Steph and you have done so much of that for parents too. Good daughters make a good difference.

Louisa, wouldn't it be fun to go fetch your Airstream and get it back with other Rivettes, almost like a mini Rivette Rush or rally. I think we'd all like to go if we only could.

Nice pictures Sharon. Yes, I'll have some coffee and some timbits, thanks. Those are my favorites. Hey you took the one I had my eye on!

Steph, how about an online kayak lesson?
Thanks Carol for your kind words too I admire the strength that those of you who have lost your Mom's in that you keep them close to your heart and soul each day and manage to move through your days with such determination. About now I fear I would be a basket case and loose my way indefinitely....

oops sorry not only did I eat the one you wanted - you'all were too slow I ate the whole box

So I have just scored a left over box of Pepperoni pizza - so help yourself...

That also sounds like it would be a great idea to have a caravan to help a silver sister parade her new Silver Schooner......

I'm in for the Kayak session - just let me run and get a mirror so that I can see what I am doing - it will most likely be a session on doing it backwards eh Steph And I have already printed out my Green Card application apparently you can get one quicker than getting a passport

Old 09-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #1907
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
I'm in for the Kayak session - just let me run and get a mirror so that I can see what I am doing - it will most likely be a session on doing it backwards eh Steph
I really hope I excell at these virtual kayak lessons girls. I didn't do all that well on the cardboard keyboard in piano. I am a little concerned about flipping over and righting myself without water.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #1908
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I really hope I excell at these virtual kayak lessons girls. I didn't do all that well on the cardboard keyboard in piano. I am a little concerned about flipping over without water too.

Run and get your bicycle helmet and a pad and you will be just fine

Must have been hard to follow along with that tune on the cardboard key board eh?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #1909
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Oh boy, this should be good, after all, at International, Carol got Segway lessons, wow, all I can saw is I wish I had a camera!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #1910
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
ROFL!!! Oh yeah Laura, bring that up. By the way Steph, how do you STOP a kayak? Maybe we'll all sit on picnic tables and Steph will give us dry run class lessons in Mackinac.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #1911
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Carol,
I'm sure there is a correct and intelligent way to stop a kayak. I do whatever is necessary as long as its not immoral or illegal. Sometimes it makes other people laugh, and that's a good thing!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #1912
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Hi!

Sounds like you are all staying healthy and happy with all that kayaking etc. I have been making the rounds with my mom. She is suffering with depression and the meds have been increased. So sad to see her giving up on life. She was always the one who was the most energetic! And this role reversal is a killer for us daughters, isn't it? My mom does not like me much this week. Her memory is slipping big time and she hates it. She thinks that I am telling "stories". Oh geez!
Sharon, my prayers are with you and your mom and dad. It is so hard to be their advocates at this stage of the life circle. Hang in there!
Larry and I are going camping this coming weekend. We will be with some more of the Ohioans. Anyone in MI want to stop by? We will be at East Harbor SP. It is up by Marble Head and close to the ferries over to Put-in-Bay. I am really looking forward to a small getaway!!! Wish I could see you all there!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #1913
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Thanks Carol for your kind words too I admire the strength that those of you who have lost your Mom's in that you keep them close to your heart and soul each day and manage to move through your days with such determination. About now I fear I would be a basket case and loose my way indefinitely....

oops sorry not only did I eat the one you wanted - you'all were too slow I ate the whole box

So I have just scored a left over box of Pepperoni pizza - so help yourself...
I don't want to scare you, but you do kinda loose yourself. But us Rivette's can hold ourselves together and gather strength from each other. Our mother's will be and are proud of us! We are women, hear us roar and yada, yada, yada. Ok, enough of that, pass the pizza. Anyone got cold one to go with the pizza?
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #1914
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Lou - Thanks for the words of encouragement and I am so sorry to hear that your Mom is not having a good time of things....

this is certainly turning into a little support group by the sounds of it...never been in a support group before.

slightly better day today for family but Mum is the same.

Thanks Kathy for the heads up - even though so many have walked these paths before us - I still feel lost as to what to expect - I guess we are all different in our coping skills and our strengths.....

I totally agree - tink tink and here is the bottle opener as I understand it from Annie we have a case of Corona coming our way......

Annie you home yet?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #1915
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
Carol,
I'm sure there is a correct and intelligent way to stop a kayak. I do whatever is necessary as long as its not immoral or illegal. Sometimes it makes other people laugh, and that's a good thing!
Not only does Steph have a unique paddling backwards method - Did I tell you that she has a Bow Spa method as well....

She likes to impale the banks to pick up mud and then head straight for you in a really neat and scary way for a facial.....Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1856.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	66977

Yes you see it don't you that smile on Stephs face scoping out the next possible moment to encourage me to go backwards for the perfect set up....Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1857.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	66978

Thank god she has not figured out how to use that rudder as a weapon yet
Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #1916
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

Quote:
Larry and I are going camping this coming weekend. We will be with some more of the Ohioans. Anyone in MI want to stop by? We will be at East Harbor SP. It is up by Marble Head and close to the ferries over to Put-in-Bay. I am really looking forward to a small getaway!!! Wish I could see you all there!
Lou
Sounds good Lou! I do wish we could join you and Larry. We haven't had Cupcake out but once since we returned from Gulf Shores in April. I've had the yen for some time but with gas prices, extra trips "back home" ....you know the drill. We're headed down state again today for the other 1/2 of Ike's mom's a stress test this afternoon and off to U-M Ann Arbor tomorrow for more testing. Hope to be back home tomorrow night.

Some of us Silver Sisters will have our seatbelts fastened for a bumpy ride, an unfortunate side effect of life. But we have one another to help navigate through it all.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #1917
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we View Post
.................Some of us Silver Sisters will have our seatbelts fastened for a bumpy ride, an unfortunate side effect of life. But we have one another to help navigate through it all.

suz
Hi Sue....sorry to hear you have not been able to get out with Cupcake - I am sure she understands.

Sending you {{{Hugs}}} to get you through your travels today and tomorrow. Now if we could just find a remote like that movie to get us through the hard patches - but then there are always consequences to taking the easy route.

I think God made us woman very complex - so that we can fall apart completely and then it some how gives us the strength while we are down to move mountains - smart woman that god of ours - (just kidding)...
Old 09-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #1918
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Thanks Sharon, we really appreciate the support. The news from U of M was not all doom & gloom. The cancer seems localized at at this point and there is an appt. with the surgeon next week. There are two surgical options & mom has already refused to consider the most invasive - it's a huge operation & she'll be 86 in Dec. ........ The decision making will begin on Mon. I'm so happy to be home for a couple of days as we've been gone 16 days out of the last 30. (and NOT with Cupcake) The sun is lovely today but feels like a fall day. We decided we were going out on the pontoon even if we have to don snowmobile clothes!!

How is mum doing? Her kidneys? Pm me later, ok? And Lou, how goes it with you? We're in the same leaky boat .... did anyone grab a pail?? LOL!! If we can tow it, we can row it!

Later, gotta get ready for the 1:30 departure!! sue

PS Hey, should we start a thread for the "Sob Sisters"?? LOL!! Awfully sorry, I just couldn't resist - a little off beat humor now & then can't hurt.

2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote