Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #2681
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon you will make an amazing lawyer! Do you remember when I first was getting acquanted with you and asked if you were a lawyer? I think you were breezing through the WBCCI constitution or something. You were quite impressive with your recall of facts and detail.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #2682
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
OH Pooh!

Lou...You know I can not find your address anywhere!! I know it is in my address book I wrote it down the last time you gave it too me!!! But when I packed our house up - it was in my fav junk drawer and now I can not find my junk drawer box!! I think it ended up in my Dad's basement.

09 was so **** I just think I will start over with everything - onward and upward I say....so dear can you pop that puppy over to me again. also do you have a new e-mail address the one I have just came back???

PM me if you can...they are packaged up and just waiting on an addy!!!

OMG - I just experienced the worst driving conditions ever towing - yesterday - we had 3.5 hours of pure hell! I had 3 brushes with death of an airstream and quite possibly us too! - and SURVIVED!!!! so our 2010 has started out with our LUCK on the way up and MONEY in our Pocket to save our house!!!

Blizzard and whiteout conditions right across the top of Toronto and the wind was unbelievable. The Overlander with nothing in it was like pulling a balloon behind the truck!!

Even Peter said he was so glad that I was towing and not him, as I can "feel" the rig better than he can...I just close my eyes take my foot of the gas and DON't touch the brakes or move the steering wheel - just keep her straight and say Whooooeeeee Nellllyyyyyy and she straightens out LOL

I have never seen so many accidents all happening around us - people and trucks all spinning out bouncing of guard rails it was all so surreal!! I send prayers to all those and hope they made it through....

Now if she was properly hitched and weighted

But we NEEDED THE MONEY!! And could not wait another day to get her to her new owners!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6182.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	93479

Name:	DSC_6186.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	93478

Name:	DSC_6187.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	93477

Name:	DSC_6194.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	93476

Name:	DSC_6196.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	93475
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #2683
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Sharon you will make an amazing lawyer! Do you remember when I first was getting acquanted with you and asked if you were a lawyer? I think you were breezing through the WBCCI constitution or something. You were quite impressive with your recall of facts and detail.
Well lets just hope that my recall of facts and detail, gets me the A's and that good paying job I am desperate for

Maybe I should offer to re-write the WBCCI Constitution for them

Thanks for the kudos Carol.....
Old 01-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #2684
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Happy New Year everyone.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #2685
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Sharon that is great... Now I will know a lawyer when I need one

Ok I need the sister's opinions on these chairs... son in law is getting the Divan out this weekend and I am going with recliners (gregg can't sit on any divan so this is our option) well Gregg wants the leather one and I want the fabric one I love them both and Gregg thinks both of them will look fine sitting together his quote is the 3 bears each had different chairs well let me know your honest thoughts.... did the measurements and both will fit with 25 inches to spare
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	For Greg.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	93788   Click image for larger version

Name:	my chair.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	93789  

Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #2686
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Purely subjective: Nice chairs, but items seem to appear much larger getting them back home in the AS than in the megastores. I would look for matching chairs in a smaller scale. But they don't need to match I just have a preference for balance and ottomans. They both look quite comfy and nice though.

photography
Old 01-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #2687
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Here's a purely subjective opinion. I used to work in a furniture store and sold recliners. The most important factor is whether they are comfortable for the people who are going to sit in them. Your size and how you fit in the chair matters more than anything else in the long run. Leather has cachet - its fashionable and men like it for whatever their reasons. I have a very nice leather sofa and I hate it. It's cold to sit on when it's cold - until you warm it up with your body heat, and it's not great when its hot - if I sit on it in shorts I stick to it! It's also slippery which I don't like as I slide around and that doesn't make for curling up comfortably. It's also not a great choice if you have animals - in spite of the fact that my cats are barred from it, they have nicked it with their claws in a couple of places - it's minor, but it's there. Dog toenails are even worse offenders - even if don't get on the furniture - it only takes one raised paw to leave a trail of marks that can't be hidden on leather. Fabric is much more forgiving and the blemishes won't show. But like I said at the beginning it's a subjective opinion your mileage may vary - LOL.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #2688
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
oh we had a leather sofa and I hated it. So really it is one's perspective on what to use. I am thinking might as well do the mix and use throws and a few pillows to blend. actually the measurements of the chairs is less than the sofa lose the storage under the sofa but never use it anyway. Was going to do Lazy Boy but they sort of ticked me off. These are a bit more pricey so there goes the Bose Stereo deal for now.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #2689
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Leather if I even come remotely close to becoming a lawyer
Soft cushy warm and cuddly for everything else

Thus far I am wiped out. The week started off with rushing Peter to Hospital with a sever reaction to medication - scared the begeebees out of me! And had me wound up tight as all get go... with no sleep and all the normal gitters of starting something new - okay very new! I had to get up for 5:00 am which of course I have not done in lets see at least 15 years!

With no orientation and heading straight to semester 2 - by-passing semester one and all the little intros to this and that - I really feel a bit like a fish out of water.

However, after 3 days of classes - I am still excited, have no idea how I am going to remember all this. And tonight was my first experience of doing homework in over 27 years OMG!!!!! I retained nothing of what I just finished reading for 2 hours! Maybe some of it will come to me in the morning - ha maybe there are mature student fairies that come along and help you remember. Have two half days so a little easier. I swear I will sleep all weekend!

Peter is doing much better, and we are hoping he will get signed off to finally get a leg up on his diabetes and meds. We have had a tremendous amount of life to deal with all at once and we are both feeling quite spent. However things are moving onward and upward although very slowly we are hoping for a little glimmer of light really soon.

I got great news today that I might if I can swing it - complete my Double Diploma in one year! running 4 consecutive semesters, with being exempt one gives me a bonus in the timing of running through the summer. Only issue will be can I cope with missing the beginning of the semester. As well the end of this one will have to be backed up so I am not doing all at once right on top of my surgery when my mind will be somewhat distracted.

Well I am off to bed early these days except look at that time!!! good thing I get to sleep in tomorrow or this going back to school idea might just put me in a rubber room.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #2690
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
I am so glad Peter is doing better.

I will hold onto a leather chair for your office. Hope you can swing the yr as that would be great ! Will send you and Peter many prayers
Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #2691
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
handles

Sharon, it sure sounds like you are one busy Chick! Keep up with it and I know you will surely be great! Sending Peter our best wishes and prayers for his speedy recovery. Diabetes is a real trial. Now that Larry and I are both diagnosed with Type 2 we are trying to behave better.

The package with the handles arrived here in fine shape. Thank you so much! The trailer is still snowed in so far. It is melting off a little today, however there is another storm coming with freezing rain tomorrow and Sat. Can't hardly wait for Spring!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #2692
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I survived!!!

It is the weekend!!! Yeah...

I have never been so tired in all my life by the time my class at 12 rolled around on Friday. But thank goodness I have no classes in the afternoon - or I would have fallen fast asleep for sure.

I have three days off and then back at it for week two. This will go on for 14 more weeks - some classes only 13 and then there is a reading week off in there too. Of course there is the potential of the Faculty walking out on strike still - if that happens they can go as early as Jan 19th but they are looking at the second week in February if they do not come up with a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Thus far the faculty have given us our course outlines and uploaded the assignments and weekly powerpoint notes so that we can all continue with our studies should they go out on strike. It is not concerning me too too much now that I have the material - ha when you are old you have the discipline to study - but the kiddies do need that structure to help them through and it is really a hard knock in their motivation levels. (sure do know what I would feel like if I was 20 again One Oh **** and two lets party!!! on the extended spring break LOL)

We had a good meeting with the Dr. and Peter is now working on a new plan to get his Diabetes back under control, so that he can cope with both the stress of his poor health and the external stress we are facing.

Our waterfront lot will be listed on Monday. We are praying that it will sell before the spring. Once sold that chapter of our lives will finally be over, and we can move on with bigger and better and most certainly happier things.

We are continuing to sell off little things as we go the best we can. Taking everything one week at a time and some days one day at a time.

Life is life - it just never stops unless you let it....
Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #2693
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hope all you Sisters are warm and happy. I didn't have time to drop more firewood off before we left for Gulf Shores. It was a fast departure and we have been finding things we threw in Cupcake or the Yukon as we left home. It was too fridged to be picky about what went where. It's been plenty cool/cold since we arrived on Mon. but warmer temps, low-mid 60*'s, have been promised for the coming week. Looking forward to it.

Sharon, so sorry to hear about Peter but glad he is doing better. Please say we said, "Hello". Good luck with your classes and remember our mantra .... WE CAN TOW IT !!! (or read it or what ever IT is!)

Sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #2694
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Suz! Where you been? Drop us a virtual post card of Gulf Shores and we will show it here around the campfire.

Sharon you are doing so well. Great strength of character, you can do it! Send our best to Peter and hope he gets better fast.

photography
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #2695
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Sunday

A nice restful Sunday campfire! Thanks for keeping it going! sharon we are very proud of you for fighting your way through the week. And we know you can do it. We are glad to hear that Peter is getting more help to control his diabetes and other health challenges. Suz, you are one smart cookie to take yourself out of this cold and yucky weather!!! We will be thinking about you as we sit here by the fire. Safe travels! Hope everyone is having a restful day.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #2696
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Tossing a log on the fire

Hey sisters,

Have fun in the sun Suz!! Say hi to it for us up in MI and please bring it on back when you and Ike return...

Sharon, hang in there!! Hope Peter's health improves soon. If you guys need a cheap southern vacation come to Michigan it was a balmy 35 degrees F today. I didn't even wear a coat.

Lou is it true you and Loren are planning the next rivette rally in Ohio? We have to initiate Loren, does she have a bandana?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #2697
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Dropped in to see how everyone is doing... sorry I am gone so much ..Gregg is doing ok still can't get around and for some reason he thought he could get in the AS if he got on his knees and pulled up on the chair...wrong idea he was stuck there for 1 hr before he said to get help...he was in bed all week from the pain. I wanted to shoot him. I am really tired but I will endure this. He keeps saying he is sorry just this whole thing is new to me as he was always so strong and never sick a day in his life. I pray so hard that I can make him happy in his days... but that is another issue I am in so much pain and because of my head injury I have memory problems and can't drive ... I think I am maybe scared and fear I am not doing any good for him. I am trying to put my mind into decorating the AS and training my new service dog... my Sammie who was my service dog died Dec 5 so that has made us sad. That part is weird to as Gregg went to the hospital 2 days later and when he was taken off the ventilator he kept telling me that I needed to move Sammie she was on his legs... I told him she was dead that God took her away and he said no she isn't that she is right there and pointed to his legs.
Well I vented again being selfish ... Sharon I hope all is well with school and Peter... I pray that all of you are doing well and enjoying life...remember to enjoy every second of it and tell those you love how you feel... this has taught me something about life for sure.
Oh I posted a thread about decorating the AS and a pic in off topic but will put one here along with Anna Belle the new service dog.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	anna belle 12.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	94583   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzz airstream decorating.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	94584  

Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #2698
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just checking in...trying to get my head above all this homework OMG!!!

I am most certainly on brain overload...Registering my first two 90's and two 100's so still inspired...not sure what I will do at my first fail

But it really is funny - I can not remember the last time I was "tested" for anything - just not a concept you deal with on a daily basis.

Find it a bit hard not looking at the teachers from a "life teachers" point of view in consistency and clarity and what the heck are they asking..thinking a bit above the mark maybe.

I picked up a terrible cold last week that put me down for the weekend and behind in my homework...still dead tired and don't think I am ever going to catch up on my "ole-lady" sleep.

You see I have been rebelling against the pre-50 naps and I tell you after these three weeks of College - I would BEG on my Hands and Knees to have afternoon NAPS!!!!

Thanks ladies for all your wonderful support - so nice to have a little cheering section...I will know where to come when I get my first blow..well off to do some legal accounting and dive into a Supreme Court of Canada Case......have no idea what they are talking about but the structure is starting to sink in a bit.

Picked up one of those little eePC's - I never thought I would ever break down and buy a PC - being such a MAC gal - but I just have enough to deal with without flipping back and forth between platforms - especially since the College is windows and I have to do all the court documents in PC Word - Ha can't tell you what sort of a mess MAC commands do to me on a PC

Well the overlander is gone - the excella frame is gone - now we are on to selling off all the parts from inside the 2000 excella - so if any of you gals need any sort of appliances or stuff for your airstream - give me a holler.

Peter is starting to get things straightened out. He has another week or so and hopefully his sugars will be back in the normal range. He has needed this hiatus. A good precursor really - wake up call so to speak.

Well just in for a bit..take care...It is nice sitting around the fire for a spell. NO time to bake cookies....
Old 02-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #2699
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
3 weeks and not a soul at the campfire?

Wow.

Life sucks.

My one worry going into school was money and it did not hold up for me. Peter was put on sensors that are not covered and we had no way of paying for them - so I had to pull out of school and use my gas money, trade in the books and return the little netbook.

I am so deflated I hate that my life has given me so very many hard things to face and it just seems to keep coming!

I got my first Mammogram RE-CALL and I am petrified!

Peter was signed off for 14 weeks - he was a real mess there these past three weeks and we are finally starting to see some progress.

The lot is on the market and getting some interest but so slow and we do not know if we will survive without having to take the step of the big consumer proposal or even bankruptcy to keep our house.

Well I do know that when we come back into money I am going back to school - I loved it - the adventure, the excitement and having a focus in my life. I was doing really well on all my tests and assignments too. I am so very disappointed and sad. But Peter's health is far more important than my "life" I suppose when you look at it that way.

I just wish that I felt better that if he had not let his diabetes go for so long with poor control I might feel a bit better about things. Live and learn all round in this life I suppose. We will get though all this I know we will.

However I have learned that if I am going to spend this money to educate myself to get a job - I am going to do it something that I am passionate about. And not doing something for everyone else but myself. I learned very quick that Law is GRAY! and that our system is for those with power and money - there is no fairness or reasonability in justice. Especially this OMB - it is a branch all on its own - it basically is our governments "bastard" tax collector of the 16th century.

I was so very naive to think that I could ever make a difference to bring fairness to the law - I would be long gone in my dirt nap before a change to the Provincial Planning Act would take place.

So when I go back - I am going back into Photojournalism!!! and will go on the road with my business whatever it may be. I want to write more than ever now. I need the technical training in both photography and writing that is where I am headed after surgery.

it is nice to finally feel settled in a direction - I have had so many starts to things of late and never really anything where I want to take it for just me.

My stint with law was my way of grasping at something to have closure for both my Father and Peter. This lot has been such a terribly long tragedy for us, and it is so very much tied to my Mothers death as well.

I needed to do this - the college thing - I had to gain the courage to go that was huge for me. But my motivations were not actually exactly what I would have chosen - not now at almost 50 - I do see that if I were 20 again I could have very well excelled at a career in law - and that is all I need to know in my life now.

My teachers were all very sorry that I had to leave. I am waiting on whether I will get a full or partial refund as I was one week past the deadline for pulling out. But I was not to know that Peter was going to be in so much health problem - I have all the medical back up and financial records so I hope they will be compassionate in refunding me the tuition so that I can then re-sign for the Fall in a new program.

Well that is all my news
Old 02-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #2700
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Wow indeed. I am so sorry Sharon. I hope they do give you a full refund at the very least that will be less burdensome.

Keep your dreams alive. Its a struggle under those mounting life changing and stressful situations you are encountering, but don't lose sight of them.

This is still a work in progress for me, but I keep running across this same advice, what is that called synchronicity? I am seeing this more often these days... that a spirit of gratitude will stave off many of the extreme worries and concerns that so many of us are now experiencing being presented with increasing difficulties in hard economic times.

Faith, strength, family and friends are the well to draw upon. Your sisters here are always but a few keystrokes away.

Let's get this gabfest going. Where is everybody? Let's build up this fire that's waning and grab some chocolate (it is valentine's day after all) and lets get some warm adult beverages and settle in to just talk and build each other up.

photography