Old 06-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #1807
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Oh My!!! just saw one of the new advertisements.......

Is it Andy's intention to drop membership from the forums....Now I just know there are several distinguished male members here that will be refreshing their page every two minutes to get back to that evocotive photograph And some might even have some heart pitter patters....

Bikerchic ad - emphasis on the "Chic" So nice to know that our Male marketing evelution still relies on the female flesh to sell products....just brings you back to the male world don't it!!!

Men selling to men - I bet there would even be a few out there that would think if they bought themselves a nice big bike that the Chic might come with it as an accessory.....

Or maybe better still that some of us that don't quite have that stereo typical "look" of the blond, slim, perky framework (no offense to those who do)- that when we buy a nice big bike we might get one of those "chic suits" with the purchase

Sorry - a little testosteron bashing this morning - not really a guy basher - just don't appreciate the shallow marketing & advertising.

Yeah it got attention - but would it sell a bike or attract me to the web sight - nope - I nice shinny bike with the average joe/jill blow on it might:

As an advertising medium they can always request a design that is more appropriate for its intended majority of membershipflowers:

Old 06-06-2008, 07:29 AM   #1808
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
- just don't appreciate the shallow marketing & advertising.

Yeah it got attention - but would it sell a bike or attract me to the web sight - nope - I nice shinny bike with the average joe/jill blow on it might:

As an advertising medium they can always request a design that is more appropriate for its intended majority of membershipflowers:
I don't know if I saw the same ad you did, but I have to agree with you. Those ads don't do anything for the website but insult the membership. I hope it's not a sign of a new (downhill) direction for this forum. Ick.

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #1809
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Ha, you guys crack me up!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #1810
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Finally....a

Click image for larger version

Name:	21_33_67---Green-Traffic-Lights_web.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	62547

I am all clear and given the green light to take steps to get my strength and stamina back up now...
I do have some nasty pain still just at the top of the lung - but suspect it is the end of the pleural lining healing itself. (That pleural lining is a wickedly sword stabbing pain that you never want to experience) But I will suffer the pain as long as I can now do things other than puzzles and sing - yeah!!!! Dogs were starting to howl along

The fluid and effusion is clear and no signs of pneumonia. The lung has now fully inflated so all is back up to snuff, so the Radiologist report says and that is what counts. (sure hope they got the right X-ray)

Look Out LadyBug here I come

Time to drag the Husband by the hair Nothing seems to move without the Foreladies hat on around here - so the "lunch break" is over as they say......

Think I might even start with the black tank in about half hour!!! Cut the old mount out - and glass a new ABS mount back in ready to attach the new dump valve system.....now a matter of finding all the supplies I need

Guess I better stoke up on some masks - or maybe a nice proper venting mask would be a good thing now - gotta protect those lungs eh?

Just want to thank all those who have sent me well wishes and routed for a speedy recovery - it has been a long 9 weeks (where has the time gone!!!)

....and what happened to all the campfires we used to have - where'd everyone go???
Old 06-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #1811
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Good news, Sharon! As for where everyone is, maybe we're all out scouting for tinder and firewood for the campfire. Anyway, wish I was out on the road somewhere ready to cook a big steak over the fire and S'mores to finish it off. And a mug of merlot at hand! Ah, talk about camp...I just love it. Don't take on too big a chore for Ladybug 'til you're sure your "can do" is as good as your "wanna do"! Keep mending, ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #1812
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Yes!, that's great news, Sharon. Glad to hear you're getting back into full swing.

Here we go -- I brought a few logs for the fire. It's a little nippy tonight so we'll need it. And more good news on the health benefits of red wine, so put a little bit o' merlot in my glass too.

Clink, clink. To Sharon's recovery!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:45 PM   #1813
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im there! Who is bring the Booze?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #1814
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Long time girls - hope everyone's enjoying summer!

Wow Sharon, I missed all of this about your lung. Glad you're getting back to normal.

Laura - you have to tell me about Bozeman, already!

I have major awesome things going on with my Airstream, I'm going to start a thread with the details - but MY SHOWER IS HERE! And the floor is done, and the walls are clean now & frame is all bolted back together. The insulation is going in TODAY!

I also got a frickin' awesome shower head & fosset knobs from the 1890s - they're brass & getting polished. So stoked about it all!

I also moved - busy summer for me!

You girls have any exciting trips coming up? I'm going down to WV this weekend to kayak, & then a tent camping trip in a few more weeks.. if only the silver bullet was ready!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #1815
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Hey Brock!

Wow I can't wait to follow your thread, congratulations on all the work and exciting changes!! Have fun kayaking!!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #1816
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Attachment 62547

I am all clear and given the green light to take steps to get my strength and stamina back up now...
I do have some nasty pain still just at the top of the lung - but suspect it is the end of the pleural lining healing itself. (That pleural lining is a wickedly sword stabbing pain that you never want to experience) But I will suffer the pain as long as I can now do things other than puzzles and sing - yeah!!!! Dogs were starting to howl along
I step away from this thread for more than a few days and the world changes! I am glad you are feeling better. Save your strength. Many more weekends are left in the summer for camping!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #1817
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Sisters,

Looks like you gals have been busy!!!..I just finished a challenging little project, maybe I'll post it on another thread: made an awning for our safari: 12'x10' ready for it's virgin voyage when we go to the Coast again at the end of the month!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #1818
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow Paula, can't wait to see your awning project!!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:55 PM   #1819
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
G., a big steak on the fire and a mug of merlot...now you're talkin'! YUM!!!

Jamie, I'll drink to Sharon's good health and her anniversary. Cheers, Sharon, Peter and hey to all of us! That extra wood is getting a pretty good char on these steaks.

Brock post some pics when you return and hope to see your AS all decked out some time. Time has flown since Spring.

Michelle, how's life in Oregon treating you? I see your bike is named Ruby (?) I wonder if you take Sarah with you on it ever.

Paula did you have a picture of your new awning? that's a big project for sure.

It seems lots of trips are starting up so I am glad I had a chance to see Sharon and Suz quickly.

Steph you have a good vacation too. And what is your new avatar?

For me right now I am going to catch up on a few things at home and watch Brad take Koa to puppy class, like I did tonight. Orie watched too, I was kind of hoping he'd get more obedient by osmosis, if not then we shall do Brad's "homework" for next week's class together.

Let me know when you're ready, I have the marshmallows ready to go...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #1820
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just popped back in the house for a dog sheet for my bed!! - Have the family all nice and tucked in now - dinette down for the puppies - no worries fully covered and will be wiped off in the morning. Hubby tucked in with my magazine - Cottage Life that I have not even read yet - guess he is getting in the camping mood already.

Brock can not wait to see your vintage treasure.

Safe travels to those heading out - and what a joy it is for me to finally say - me too me too I am heading out......

And after having a great Silver Sister Tour - what a neat way to see lots of friends made only last year - can you believe - seems like we have all known each other for ever!!!

Thanks Michelle for the get well and take it easy advice - I will surely need a rest after this past week - it could not have come at a better time.

Carol good luck with that little charmer you have there - he really is a sweetie - I was talking about Brad!!! tee hee just kidding how about both Brad and Koa - bet you have lots of catching up to do at home Enjoy some stand still time girl and leave some "yellow" line for us will ya Loved your trip log and pictures - post more need more.

Laura your Bozeman blog was great and lots of fun to read too. When are you heading out for another weekend of streaming.

Brock when is your baby going to be finished?

Jamie did you have a nice holiday? - Now that I am free as a bird I might just head your way sooner than later now! I want to start touring Lighthouses - always fascinated me - especially the sea shore.....maybe I could drag a few sisters out there too.

Well I must call it a night I have been trying to get out to this new trailer for hours now and it is only 2 seconds away.

Night night all - I am taking some Chocolate Raspberry Port to bed!