Old 05-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #1793
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hey, Hey Carol!!..you're coming out West!!!..email me and maybe we can meet somewhete's in between Washington and CA!!!!..when we went on our trip last year to Oregon, Washington, Canada, down to Montana, Wyoming, etc, I took along my laptop, and a lot of blank cds..lots of batteries and memory cards for the dig camera..at each campground before I went to bed, I'd upload all the pix from the day's shots, edit, then copy to cd in the laptop, worked so great!!!..must have taken over 2000 pix easily!!..and what's neat about the dig camera, you can just delete, delete unwanted shots!!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #1794
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
birth day??

I thought that you had one more baby grandkid on the way??? Will you miss that?? Hope you have a great time and that you will stay in touch with all of us on this great adventure!!!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:13 AM   #1795
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That would be cool Paula see what we might be able to do. I might even be able to see Michelle as I breeze by Montana.

I was planning on leaving after they call with the announcement from Michigan to Illinois anyway but perhaps a plane will work out just as well or maybe I will miss it. I couldn't tell you right now I will talk to my children about it first. but I'm going.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #1796
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey those into photographs....

I have been posting to this site for a little while now - but thought some of you might be interested in the link.

I have posted a Spring Gallery - mostly early Spring for us here - not all the big fancy flowers are out yet - but some pretty little flowers found close to the forrest floor have bloomed. Spring starts really here for us when the Blue Flags Bloom - and they are about a week away.

Spring Photo Gallery by ladybug63 at pbase.com

And here is my first go at shooting a bumble bee. The fact that I am allergic to bee stings made me kind of nervous to get this close but they are just so fascinating to watch.

I would love about now to be able to move around my yard as effortlessly as these little guys do.

Flight of The Bumble Bee Photo Gallery by ladybug63 at pbase.com
Old 05-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #1797
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
That would be cool Paula see what we might be able to do. I might even be able to see Michelle as I breeze by Montana.

I was planning on leaving after they call with the announcement from Michigan to Illinois anyway but perhaps a plane will work out just as well or maybe I will miss it. I couldn't tell you right now I will talk to my children about it first. but I'm going.
Carol,
I am in Eastern Oregon for the summer.
Sounds like you have a great deal out there in Washington. Nice area.
Have fun!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:33 PM   #1798
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Be happy and safe Carol!

You are an inspiration to us all Carol!! I admire your independent spirit!

Hope your travel and work experience out there is happy and safe! They are lucky to have you working for them!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #1799
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Cleaning

This is totally off the subject, but I need some advice. I am cleaning up the Silver Dog House after our spring trip to the south west.

In the hood over the range there is a little, about 6 inch square, metal "filter" below the fan that is now loaded with grease and dust. Can I wash it in the dish washer like I do the much thicker and sturdier ones from my range hood in the house? It is so much thinner than the one in the house and seems fragile.

Thanks
Nancy
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #1800
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
range filter

I just take mine in the house and soak in hot water and soap, then use the sprayer on it. But mine is vintage compared to yours. Did your appliances come with manuals? Maybe it is in the manual.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #1801
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
oh yes I am sure there is a manual, I didn't even think of that. hmmm

thank you
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #1802
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Go Red Wings!!!!!!!

Hey Tin Sista - Congrats on your Home Team Go Red Wings!!! Okay time to honour the Stanley Cup girl - Avatar change time - for a spell anyway.

So what is everyone up to?

Any gardeners out there? how is your season doing?

We are still very slow here the Blue Flags have only just bloomed - must take some pics!!

Heading to hopefully my final Doctors appointment tomorrow- boy never wish this on anyone. I recovered from pneumonia in the right lung after the session of antibiotics - the left has given me such trouble. I ran into complications of a Pleural Effusion that partially collapsed my left lung 3 weeks ago - now hopefully it is back up and I am just suffering from Pleuritis - what a Pain- Literally - just had my third set of X-rays and Cat Scan and get the results tomorrow. - keeping fingers crossed. I have absolutely no energy and have been down for the count now 4 days from our return from the We Can Tow It Rally!!!! almost 6 weeks!!! I had been fighting an Upper respiratory Viral Infection since March 5 - that obviously took a turn for the worst.

Advice to all - Stay fit, keep stress at bay and enjoy life to it's fullest

Oh and still no word on our Waterfront house - OMB has 45 days and they are looking like they are going to take the full 45 days to draft a letter - oh brother

Hey you music buffs - I posted a link to my first vocal composition over in this Threadhttp://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...tml#post571664.....It was a bit hard to puff up the air - but I am bored stiff I have to keep myself busy and you can only watch so many DVD's and Do as Many Puzzles!! My music has been somewhat quiet since February - so it was a nice change......

I have so much gardening to do and I will be lucky if I can do any for at least another 3-4 weeks at the level I was used to.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #1803
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post

Any gardeners out there? how is your season doing?

I have so much gardening to do and I will be lucky if I can do any for at least another 3-4 weeks at the level I was used to.
Hey, GT, you take it easy now. I've gotcha covered on the gardening this year. It's our 4th year at this place and it's the first year my garden is looking decent at all. The perennials I put in are finally starting to feel at home and are shooting right up, with lots of flower buds -- clematis, iris, allium, bee balm, daisies, sweet woodruff, wild geraniums, carnations, herbs, and bunches of other stuff. I even put some tomatoes, eggplant, and hot peppers into pots for this summer. I have mostly shade around here, but I can move the pots around to catch the sun.

So while you're waiting for everyone else to get off their bottoms and get your building going, sit back and smell the fresh air and garden. It'll be good for the lungs.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #1804
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
I just take mine in the house and soak in hot water and soap, then use the sprayer on it. But mine is vintage compared to yours. Did your appliances come with manuals? Maybe it is in the manual.

Nancy, you may have luck soaking it in a glass baking dish with your favorite degreaser and then a simple rinse. All clean & no bendie!

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #1805
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Hey Tin Sista - Congrats on your Home Team Go Red Wings!!! Okay time to honour the Stanley Cup girl - Avatar change time - for a spell anyway.

What a great game!! Did you hear me yelling over there Sharon??

Get well soon!!
Old 06-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #1806
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
What a great game!! Did you hear me yelling over there Sharon??

Get well soon!!
Hey now there is an Avatar!!!!:cla p:

So that was what I kept hearing in the back ground Kay so did you send Sam to School with the toque - or did you snafu it and running around your neighbourhood with it.

Results say I am progressing - from a 35% collapsed lung to around 10% flat as they say - partially inflated. My Pleural effusion and excess lining fluid has considerably decreased - enough in a week that they decided not to pursue an invasive fluid draining procedure. So I have finally turned the corner and well on the way to mending. I have another follow-up set of X-rays in two weeks.

I think the hardest of it all is that my brain says yep had enough lets get cracking and the body does not cooperate..so I have a bit more patience to entertain - still on Doctors orders for limited activity one step below activity as tolerated but maybe a step above doing puzzles as my daily routine

Thanks for the well wishing....