Old 04-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #1681
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Michelle - that is such a big bummer you are grounded!

But as we all have life thrown at us from time to time...you have found the best way to get through a tough patch - what a great attitude GIRL!

What with Paula and her big red truck and now you with your shinny red new wheels and check out that silver helmet - I bet at your next rally you will just decide to leave that on all day .

I have my motorcycle training book packed for the holiday - I am signing up when I get back for the first course I can get into. I figured there was no sense just going for my LSM when you are almost all the way to a full motorcycle license - so my motto go big or go home tee hee...

Congrates - and you be real careful now and really watch out for the other guy...

It will be a pleasure to ride with you one day Michelle

Biker Chic - too funny - where is Suz when you need her - I will let you tell that joke tee hee it would be great to post here and let everyone have a go at their new names tee hee

Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #1682
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Michelle - that is such a big bummer you are grounded!

But as we all have life thrown at us from time to time...you have found the best way to get through a tough patch - what a great attitude GIRL!
Thanks I am trying.
Quote:
What with Paula and her big red truck and now you with your shinny red new wheels and check out that silver helmet - I bet at your next rally you will just decide to leave that on all day .
I have ridden with Paula in her big red truck and it commands respect.
Quote:
I have my motorcycle training book packed for the holiday - I am signing up when I get back for the first course I can get into. I figured there was no sense just going for my LSM when you are almost all the way to a full motorcycle license - so my motto go big or go home tee hee...
Down here in Montana the classes fill up fast. I got into the first one of the year because someone else cancelled. I had to ask to be put on the stand by list. My original date was Mid June. My lawyer was realy jealous. He is signed up for later this month.
Quote:
Congrates - and you be real careful now and really watch out for the other guy...

It will be a pleasure to ride with you one day Michelle

Biker Chic - too funny - where is Suz when you need her - I will let you tell that joke tee hee it would be great to post here and let everyone have a go at their new names tee hee
It owuld be cool if us "gals" showed up in with our trailer and our rides in the backs of the trucks. that would really get them others wondering.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #1683
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
We'll bring Buddies

Here are my biker babes. Look out! 125cc Genuine Buddy scooters -- my partner's is pink!
We'll load them on the truck, 2002 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison 6.6
Woo-hoo!
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Ok so it is not an Airstream but it travels with it.
They took my airplanes away from me but that can't keep me from flying low!

I think we need a Silver Sisters biker chicks Rally!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buddy Babes.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	58355  
1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #1684
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:

It owuld be cool if us "gals" showed up in with our trailer and our rides in the backs of the trucks. that would really get them others wondering.
Yes that would be great - means I would have to do some serious shopping for a new truck too then tee hee...

Taking one step at a time - I want the license first. Then I will search for the perfect ride - tour around then when I am fancy and free get my road rig set up to travel with TV/AS & the Harley!!!!

Hey Girl what is she packing for power that Red smoothy you have there..

Hey Anne you are just a hop skip and a jump from the We Can Tow It Womans Rally - why don't you come on down and join us - we would love to meet you...
Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 AM   #1685
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

You biker chicks are making me jealous, think I can keep up with my folder? IndyAnne great picture. Looks like so much fun. There's a class here too. Hey that reminds me of when I took piano lessons and practiced on the cardboard keyboard. What were the parents thinking? LOL However you'd be hard put to catch a mistake.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #1686
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
You biker chicks are making me jealous, think I can keep up with my folder? ...............
Hey Carol Perhaps this one would be right up your alley....keeps the elements off

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10811...p_Scooter.html
Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #1687
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
HA, thats too funny!!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #1688
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Now that scooter is perfect for me Sharon. I give you permission to shop for me any time!

But storage and space being a problem with a Suburban I am seriously thinking of even more compact travel options. Such as these. I kinda dig that helmet, I wouldn't have to touch up my makeup on the road.

(that's just a little squirt gun filled with margarita so I can refresh you gals if you are looking parched down there)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PDVD_232.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	58404   Click image for larger version

Name:	HU002520.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	58405  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #1689
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Yes that would be great - means I would have to do some serious shopping for a new truck too then tee hee...

Taking one step at a time - I want the license first. Then I will search for the perfect ride - tour around then when I am fancy and free get my road rig set up to travel with TV/AS & the Harley!!!!

Hey Girl what is she packing for power that Red smoothy you have there..
Ruby has a 1200cc Boxter engine. 110hp
Quote:
Hey Anne you are just a hop skip and a jump from the We Can Tow It Womans Rally - why don't you come on down and join us - we would love to meet you...
Speaking of jump. Ok here is an idea. We have a rally near a Drop Zone (parachuting). Bring our bikes and ride them to the Airport!

Anyone? Anyone?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #1690
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Ruby has a 1200cc Boxter engine. 110hp

Speaking of jump. Ok her is an idea. We have a rally near a Drop Zone (parachuting). Bring our bikes and ride them to the Airport!

Anyone? Anyone?
Oh my I am distorted all in pain just thinking about that idea...Now I would do the jump and it would be the most exhilerating feeling I am sure - but it is the LANDING that worries me.. two friends of mine broke their ankle and one broke their leg on a jump their first and last tee hee.....with my terrible sports injuries on the one leg I do not know if I would be able to - unless they had a big like state wide crash matt for me to land on...

But I like Carol's fancy back pack, helmet and martini gun a little better tee hee....

Might stick with the ground for a bit - as I have a problem with steps being in inch high these days

I'll watch, take pictures and push you all out the plane - kind of like that idea better - give you all the confidence that you need to JUMP!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 AM   #1691
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Sweet bike Michelle!

Quote:
Ok here is an idea. We have a rally near a Drop Zone (parachuting). Bring our bikes and ride them to the Airport!

Anyone? Anyone?
ME! ME! If my moped would count as a bike...?

Welcome Julianne! You are living the life! That is exactly what I want to do someday soon. Maybe we will cross paths.

Last week I was down at my contractor's, going over the Airstream. I just keep telling myself, it gets worse before it gets better.. she is all torn to pieces! We are working on new grey and black tanks and fitting them in with the new pieces of frame in the back. Lots of measurements. My head's spinning; I'm glad someone else knows what they're doing

Why I am Bunking with Laura

The Good

The Bad

And The Ugly (this is that missing crossmember in the vicinity of the above pic and most of the black tank box)

Is it bad form to make a thread on a rebuild when you're not the one doing it? I don't wanna over-spam you guys here with rust and holes that will give you nightmares.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #1692
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Aww poor Airstream, its okay Brock, it will be okay LOL, you will love bunking with me, the caravel is a lot of fun!!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #1693
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Love that photo Michelle!

Keep that fighting spirit sister!! You are an inspiration!! A heroine!!
Proud to be your friend!!
Old 05-17-2008, 04:42 AM   #1694
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Greetings Ladies,
Carol lead me to this thread. I was a bit bummed I just missed the womens' rally and now I don't have to feel sooooo bad

I'm in the Airstream dreaming stage right now. That and the AS convincing for the DH.

We live a bit west of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our twin sons are Juniors in high school. Currently we camp in a Starcraft pop-up with A/C and slide outs. It is about 18' closed up for towing. DH doesn't want to tow anything 'massive'. We are thinking of an Airstream between 19 and 25'.

Looking forward on catching up on the 100+ pages of posts.

Teresa