Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #2401
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Ive been to Lamberts in Foley,, Great place!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #2402
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Sharon and the ModPod have arrived!

Sharon and the girls made it about 8:45pm Taz and Hailey are beautiful and very well behaved. We sat up talking until after 11pm Today we are going to go exploring and take lots of photos! Our first forum visitor, how cool!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:30 AM   #2403
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good morning Dannie... Say hello to Sharon for me please. The weather here is great... tell her safe travels from Annie and Marvin... Looking forward to seeing Peter and her soon.... Dannie maybe we will meet sometime this fall when we are are our way to Texas but have to go to South Carolina first... Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #2404
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Just checking in real quick before I head to bed after spending an awesome day with Dannie and her Husband Richard. Princess is amazing and the decor and work that Dannie has been doing is so cool - I will post pics when I get home - (on my little lap top right now that barely boots up)

Dannie has shown me all around the area of Walnut Cove and a special tour of her painting studio. Their place here is so unique I could take 1000's of photos and never capture the atmosphere.

I have a great spot on the Church drive and where I landed put the Modpod almost perfectly level.

So I wish I could stay longer and will most certainly make a point of coming back and spending some time with Dannie and getting our hands dirty on Princess's restoration.

I am pulling out as early as my body will rise and will high tail it home all the way with several stops to water the dogs and the truck to get me home hopefully late Friday or the wee hours of Saturday morning.

I have had a great over winter experience - not exactly as I planned but then life is like that. I love the area between South Caronlina and North Carolina and just might be frequenting more as my Canadian winters take their toll on those who wish to tough them out - NOT ME!!!

So I will post a few more pics when I get home - and may be able to update my blog ha ha - was not very good at that I am afraid....

To those still traveling - drive careful....and those home - it is Rally season - so hopefully I may see some of you out there....

Dannie Good Luck with your first big trip with your Princess!

And Thank you and Richard so much for showing me a great time and all your hospitality - please let me return the favor one day when you come up our way.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #2405
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Hello Sharon.... Drive home safely and hope to see you soon..
WBCCI 10103
Old 04-17-2009, 05:15 AM   #2406
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Safe travels

It was wonderful meeting Sharon, Taz and Hailey. The time went too fast and hopefully we will get to spend more time on Sharon's next trip. Sharon really impressed me with her knowledge and gave me lots of encouragement that I can tackle future projects on the Princess.
Annie, you are welcome to make this a stop on your travels next fall. Richard and I met the same way that you and Marvin did
Still have a few more projects before next Thursday but nothing major! I actually feel pretty good about our maiden voyage as we are going to caravan with 3 other experienced campers and will be in good company.
Spring is really here and I know everyone is looking forward to a great summer. Lois G. haven't heard much from you, what are your travel plans for the summer? Laura, hope your family's heart is beginning to mend, I think of you often. North Carolina is a good stopping point and we would love to host any of the Silver Sisters on your travels, just pm me!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #2407
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
So fun to live vicariously through my sisters! I'm enjoying the travel logs and pictures. Please keep them coming. Are you all doing a sisters rally this year too?

Teresa
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:27 AM   #2408
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well that was a long drive - but great weather. Got home at 3:45 am Left Dannies at 9:30am. Easy border crossing - very quiet crossing at Ivy Lea - only about 5 cars in the line. Have to make several watering stops for the girls and for us all to stretch our legs when you are doing it solo with no spin off driver with you. Must train Taz or Haily to do that for me next trip.

I am bushed and heading to bed for a long sleep!!! Will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again Dannie

Marvin and Annie maybe you might pop up for a drink.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #2409
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Very glad to hear you made it home ok. I was travelling with you all day wondering how things were going. I stripped the paint off the plaques and the one on the side facing the house turned out to have aluminum letters and they shined up really nice. It was pretty much a 3 hour job. You learn by your mistakes, right? I finished the floor rug. I am about ready to do so pictures. Still need to work on th shower and get the new sink faucet put in but we are about ready for her maiden voyage on Thurs. We met with our friends last night to get the menus planned and Kathy and I are going to cut a batch of kudzu on Wed. to make baskets around the campfire. I am so excited. Sharon your advice was so appreciated and I am fired up to start the polishing but will wait for you unless pushed to do the windows! I have to finish the teaching contract and do the show in May and then I will start one panel at a time! Can't wait to see your pictures but please don't publish any that make me look too-you know-I am definitely not a photogenic person. Meeting Sharon in person was so great I hope I get to meet more of you Silver Sisters. How about a rally in our neck of the woods!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #2410
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow I am up - Hubby is too excited to see me sleep - so I ended up with a power nap I think and not waste my weekend away. The new garage is massive and I am itching to see the tour.

Dannie how about I will put the pics together and e-mail and you can select the ones you would like to show off - I am the same way girl and that is why I am behind the camera - just seems I am not the glamourous type tee hee - I just love to get my hands dirty....

I am off for the tour of the garage and then I will download some photos.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:40 AM   #2411
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Welcome home Sharon

Well hello stranger... been a long time since we have seen you both. Glad you had a safe drive and I am sure Peter is very glad to have you home. We will give you a call later today sometime after you are settled in...
WBCCI 10103
Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #2412
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Girl you are running on adrenelain (sp)you don't have to let me edit-I trust you..for now.Sounds like you are having a happy reunion. Can't wait to see the new "man den." Never been a fruf fruf girl either-just give me my overalls and I'm happy. Now get some rest!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #2413
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hi ladies, I just got home from the Bluegrass and Dogwood KY rally, located at Natural Bridge, KY. My 2 sisters and I all fit in the Caravel for 4 days, and we had a great time. We saw Lou and Larry there, and it was nice to see them again. And Hank and Lois were there as well, it was nice to finally meet them! Hope all is well.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #2414
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Laura so glad that you are out and about and enjoying some time with your sisters - Your caravel is a great little weekender - I met so many people that have been looking for one just like it.

Well Dannie - you must be all set now - did you leave today or first thing in the morning for your Maiden Voyage - keep the shinny side up as well as keeping her between the ditches and have a great time.....be sure to post when you get back.

I have been home now 4 days and I cannot seem to stop sleeping. I think as soon as my body hit the colder weather it thought it should go into hibernation mode

So my first experience staying south for the winter - although overly expensive due to partly beyond my control and partly poor planning - I LOVED IT!

I love the idea of NC and SC that give you the warmer weather than our northern chilly icy and snowy winters - but gives you the cooler weather than FL or TX I like the diversification of the georgraphy - although I did not tour around much - but I have mountains and lakes as well as the ocean. It is close enough that if I wanted a vacation within a vacation I could head to FL for some warm weather if I needed it or wanted a break from where I choose to hang my hat.

So hopefully next year I will plan to leave shortly after Christmas to get an extra month in.

I will not play frisbee with the girls!!! and I will pick up a US address somehow and get myself into a US phone for my local calling and use skype for international calls and the piddly 100 minutes on my Bell Mobility for the emergency calls only. My Imac worked great for my TV and Computer 24" screen is plenty big enough for my small trailer - and it is portable enough to move to the bedroom if I wanted it there - but I could see it from my bed when it was on the dinette anyway.

I have some simple renos that I am thinking of for the future in regards to retro fitting the existing dinette into a more functional system - one that will give me a partial reclining rear seat so that I can put my legs up and watch TV as well make the non folding table into a folding table so that I can have a bit more room and the dinette conversion to a bed would be made way bigger and way more comfortable - ha for Peter when we are using the trailer together - he can have the dinette with the girls and I will have the front bedroom ha ha.

Well I must post some pictures of my mini trip to Dannies and of her sweet Princess ...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #2415
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Alright ladies, Laura, Sharon, I am poised in front of the PC and can't wait to see pictures of your travels and Danalee's visit too.

Teresa are you meeting up with Paula for a woman's rally, I saw there is another thread that Paula started for a Rivette Rally? Wish I could come out and play with you all. There's nothing quite so good as getting together and laughing so hard that you can barely stand it.

Lou you have another Airstream, we want to see the inside!!!! Congratulations. I'm happy for you and saw you just returned from a rally, how was the maiden voyage?

Brock great picture and I am loving your TUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to make your way back for a visit or rally again.

Annie, Suz and Nancy, everyone back from their winter havens, let's hear more about your season away. Glad you're back, it's been quiet around here it seems. Everyone really busy I guess. Anyway I am starved for input. Tell me all.

Brad is home from Desert Haven Animal Refuge in New Mexico, he left in a snow storm in February and returned in a snowstorm in April but very tan and with a great collection of experiences and stories and new friends to tell about. We start work in May in Wisconsin so we are about to pull up stakes any time and head on over.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #2416
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Just to fill you all in a bit. I was suppose to meet up with Dannie for a few days on the way down from my visit with Paula in Williamsburg. Unfortunately my baby Taz got T-boned by Haily during a frisbee flight rendering Taz completely lame with a severed ACL in her hind leg.

I had a choice of cutting my snowbird trip short and heading home for the surgery - or pressing on South and see if I could get her in at the destination point. I was very lucky to get her in for surgery with a cancellation but it meant that I had to rush and fly right by Dannies in Walnut Cove and head to James Island County Park.

But I was able to fit in a visit on my way home which worked out perfect. Although we did not have a lot of time - it was well spent and Dannie and I had a super nice visit, and I hope to see Dannie a lot more too with my future AS travels

So it is my pleasure to introduce Dannie and her lovely Princess which she is doing some really awesome decor and renovations to.

And this would be Princess just barely tucked in under the roof.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8202.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	79108 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8057.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	79107

The choice of colours and the special touches that Dannie is doing to her Princess really reflects her talent and artist skills - hmm probably because Dannie IS an artist too - Dannies paintings are wonderful. So Dannie did you get your floor mural finished or did you take your brushes with you?

Name:	DSC_8059.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	79109 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8072.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	79113

The unique artifacts Dannie has found and interior design chosen along with her amazing sewing skills have really made the Princess one of a kind and so very retro homey if there is such a description.

Name:	DSC_8066.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	79112Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8064.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	79110Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8065.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	79111

And not only is Dannie an amazing artist and a new found Airstream fanatic she is a great cook too - and Richard, Dannies Husband plays a mean BBQ Chef too

It was a very nice evening and we enjoyed dinner on the patio. Along with of course some of the last bottles of BlackCurrent Merlot and Port that I had to put under lock and key in order to make sure I had some to share - meaning I had to throw my own key away

Name:	DSC_8189.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	79115
Two of their pussies looked on hoping for some morsels I think or just looked glamourous cause the camera came out - one or the other - sorry Dannie the names escape me.

Name:	DSC_8157.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	79114

And this, I could not ask for a better spot to pull in after a 5 hour drive - the biggest pull through spot I have ever seen in my life. What a wonderful gesture their Local Baptist Church did in offering to let me stay in their drive.

Mind you I probably could have done the back up job into Dannies drive as I had just come off moving sites 5 times I could almost back my trailer blind folded - but hey it was night time and I was tired and I really appreciated the hassle free pull through

I could have run a chord to Dannies house but I was fully charged and there was no need - however it did dip down in the night so I needed to top up the propane. I had just enough juice to get me to my departure on Friday morning.

I did not fill my fresh tank enough either and did have to top up with the jug which was not a problem at all....Haily was still dehydrated from her bad experience of drinking too much sea water and she drank all my water!!!

Name:	DSC_8073.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	79106
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #2417
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Dannie has a dedicated Art Studio where she works on all sorts of different art.
Dannie is busy here preparing a piece of jewelry for me to take home. And while it was drying - guess what - we finished the Merlot and forgot all about the piece - so now I have to go back down - darn - now I think that was planned either by myself or Dannie A GREAT excuse for a road trip don't you think. It was a lovely glass fired pendant with a brass swirly thingy that was the shape of an S

Name:	DSC_8196.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	79124
And I will let Dannie explain this art form and how it is made - when she gets back - but I was really impressed with the intricate shapes and textures this technique of painting has - like a kaleidoscope...

Name:	DSC_8199.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	79123

In the morning we took a lovely walk with the Girls to stretch their legs in prep for their long journey home. Walnut Cove is like a little step back in time - what a quaint village. The century homes were so unique and the gardens were beautiful with Spring just starting to come into bloom.

Name:	DSC_8109.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	420.5 KB
ID:	79119 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8100.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	79118

Name:	DSC_8146.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	79122 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8103.jpg
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	79120

Name:	DSC_8082.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	79117 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8093.jpg
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	79121
Old 04-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #2418
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
During our walk Dannie introduced me to her friend Don who lives just down the road. He has the most amazing garden and although the flowers were not quite in bloom yet and coming of their winter I could just imagine what a whimsical and magical garden it would be in full bloom. Dannie popped round after giving us the tour of his garden to have a tour of the Princess to see Dannies progress and a quick look in the ModPod.

Name:	DSC_8180.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	79127
The Girls were really patient while the three of us gabbed away and I went off to shoot all the neat things in the garden.

Name:	DSC_8133.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	79129Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8143.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	79128Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8116.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	303.4 KB
ID:	79132

And you don't have to own an airstream in Walnut Cove to be a flamingo lover you just have to know one

Name:	DSC_8114.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	79133
I just love the wysteria!!! And Yes Dannie makes hanging baskets as well, this one Don added the flowers to his own taste vibrant like his garden.

Name:	DSC_8131.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	79130 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8120.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	79131
Dannie and I went for a short drive to the next town and had lunch in a really neat place that had a small museum of amazing antiques upstairs right from this little replica general store of yesteryear to dedicated rooms set up as little dens, bedrooms, funeral parlors, you name it and all the period pieces where set out just so.

Name:	DSC_8164.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	79135Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8166.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	79134

Friday morning came way too fast. But we managed to squeeze in some serious Airstream talk and ideas on future projects for the Princess.

and a visit would not be complete without the fairwell photo - I thought of cropping out the truck being used as a handy tripod but then I liked that the "silver" will remind me of a great Silver Sister Moment!!!

Thank you so much Dannie for all your hospitality it was a pleasure to finally meet you (and of course to you too Richard hope we gals did not bore you too much with all our gabbing)

Name:	DSC_8208.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	79126
Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #2419
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
ModPod's

new house is shaping up just fine.... there is still lots of work to do but now that I am home I can be an extra pair of hands - in between splitting and stacking wood - there are three huge piles of butts to get split.

We have a nice weekend lined up for weather - so a good dent on the roof will hopefully get done.

Name:	DSC_8353.jpg
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	79139

Name:	DSC_8369.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	79141

Name:	DSC_8368.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	79140

Pete has been busy with one of his arenas putting in all new boards and glass. He also had to switch gears and do a bit of work down at the waterfront lot - putting in safety bollards at the edge of the parking area - so that the excavators can come in and build the huge rockery- retaining wall on the back side of the bollards.

The safety bollards are only 4 ft high when finished to grading level

Name:	DSC_8415.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	79142

The big boulders to be used and if they need more we have lots over at our house. We decided to keep the stone indigenous instead of doing armor stone.

Name:	DSC_8420.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	79144

Name:	DSC_8419.jpg
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	79143

The hydro was in too to re-route the overhead power lines and they are now buried.

We must be driving that little man of a Dr. nuts about now - he thinks we should not be doing anything - but ha we have flippin permits to do all this - he should have thought of that before wasting everyones time and money and when we get our final approval this coming June 11th - he will have H to pay or one whopping Bill for his Abuse of Process!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #2420
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Atta' girl!

Wow! Progress! We look forward to seeing the final pictures of your many projects. You go girl! Sic that silly ol' doc who stands in the way of a woman with Silver!!!! LOL!
Sounds like Peter has been working really hard. Does he get the next vacation??????
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote