Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #2361
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Attachment 76639

Attachment 76630Attachment 76631Attachment 76632Attachment 76633Attachment 76634Attachment 76635Attachment 76636Attachment 76637

we sister-chicks need to stick together - love and pray for
each other - stand with and for each other - support and
encourage one another - yep - that's what sister's do best. !!!

Verry Cute!!..Carol best wishes to you and Brad with your upcoming new Spring project!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #2362
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hi there, We just got back from a quick trip to Homosassa Springs. We stayed at Nature's Resort-rented a park model. Very nice park and the folks were very nice. I got to swim with the manatees! Sharon, take advantage of the house tours they have this time of year in Chrleston-they are so much fun and very interesting. Be sure to go out to Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palm. Two of my favorite beach places.
Sue you are doing just great and this adventure is all part of the healing process for you. You are always welcome here and I would love to have any of the sistas stop in for a visit. The Princess is still in the shop getting her rear end fixed. (I just love saying that!)Taking twice as long as we were told-no big surprise. Check out my blog on Humzoo.com/reera Dannie
Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #2363
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Well after 10 days up at Monks Corner playing with the alligators, pouring rain and freezing water hoses and then kayaking on the Cooper River - I am back at James Island County Park so that I can actually do a few things now. So Yes Dannie I will take heed to your suggestions.

I keep saying I will get some pics up in a gallery or update the blog -but by the time my day finishes I am exhausted and just too tired - so a few teasers here and there will have to do...for now I am taking advantage of the 86 F weather right now - but it is a bit too hot for my liking - it will drop back down into the 60/70's I hope by the end of the week.

Taz is doing really well and is taking one step now with super vision I have the two walking on a lead together with full reign on Haily or she will have Taz on her face - what a trooper she is - I hope to get her in swimming here close to the dog park in the big pond but not at the dog park or I will get her in trouble with her therapy.

And Dakota and Kim tried to tell me there were no aligators on their plantation but lots next door - yeah right - I went for a walk yesterday the second day of really hot weather which brought them all out of the mud and into the sun. I saw at least 5 on a short very precarious walk in deed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5236.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	613.3 KB
ID:	76667

This is another lady I met, a friend of the people I was staying with. She is an avid sea kayaker - I am talking real avid - I have never seen so much serious gear. She is used to kayaking 26 miles in the ocean - WOW Steph she put me to shame in a second tee hee....but we had a lot of fun. The big question was what did I bring - hmm water banana towel camera and phone yep real avid kayaker I am

Name:	DSC_5092.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	76665

There were a lot of birds that I had not seen before. But the cooper river and tributary have quite a current and I am used to paddling on the quiet lakes and creeks where you have plenty of time to take your shots

Name:	DSC_5107.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	76666

Ha commonly known as the swamp people - looks like these ones are at a wedding...

Name:	DSC_5288.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	76668

And this was a pleasant surprise I thought it just looked funny but as it turns out that is a little salamander hanging out disguised as a swamp persons hat...

Name:	DSC_5291.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	76669
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #2364
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Well Hello Stranger.... How are you Sharon? Have missed hearing from you ... Glad to hear that Taz is doing well. Chat with you soon..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #2365
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
A few more pics...

All these shots are taken around the property I was staying on there is over 300 acres - it used to be old rice patties back in the day.

That is Dakotas little dog Stella - she was a real sweet little beagle.

I had a great spot up by the house so that I could get water and power and was nestled in the trees which was really nice and protected. The view was nice too and I could see both sun sets and rises from the right spots in the trailer.

Name:	DSC_4934.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	453.0 KB
ID:	76678

Name:	DSC_4921.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	579.7 KB
ID:	76673

Name:	DSC_5152.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	486.4 KB
ID:	76680

Name:	DSC_4705.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	686.0 KB
ID:	76675

Name:	DSC_4731.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	76676

Name:	DSC_4754.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	615.5 KB
ID:	76670

Name:	DSC_5140.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	76679

Name:	DSC_4892.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	76677

Name:	DSC_4912.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	76672

Name:	DSC_4840.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	76671
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #2366
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers View Post
Well Hello Stranger.... How are you Sharon? Have missed hearing from you ... Glad to hear that Taz is doing well. Chat with you soon..

I was just saying the same thing to Peter last night - have you heard from Annie and Marvin - your ears must be burning. I have checked skype to see if you are on - and then I had mine off for a while as I was not around anyway.
I am doing great and so are the girls now - except I found two ticks on Haily YIKES!!! They are bad up where I was so hopefully i will not find anymore - I did not even know it was one until I looked it up on the internet OMG it totally freaked me out. None of my dogs have had ticks or fleas... I am getting some stuff for them tomorrow. But both are fine. Taz's hair is starting to finally grow in a little bit now so she does not have a white chicken leg and her incision has healed nicely.

How are you finding your new pad?? Hope you are both well and Nikki and Toby too.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #2367
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
The lot is great... looking into doing another sort of deal but will not know all the details until later this week... ... will put skype on tomorrow when I am on line... friends from Fla visiting until Thurs... take care.. just back from a weekend rally with Texas Highland Lake unit... had a great time...
WBCCI 10103
Old 03-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #2368
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
where are you? Wonderful pictures. You are in the wilds! Nice adventure. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more once you are done living it and ready to think back upon it I think we shall get more, I hope. I especially like the last one and the blue and green water one, they are all great.

Danalee will have to show us Princess once her fanny's fanned.

Thanks Paula. Whats new with you? Are you creating something? I bet you are making some project!

And Texas for Annie and Marvin!

I am getting the wanderlust. Right now the yard is all spring smoosch, ick. But a necessary season after the snow and before the flowers I suppose.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #2369
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Sharon, Those are grat photos. I love that area except in the summer hottest place on earth then because of the humidity. Your supplies for kayaking are the same as mine plus 2 water bottles.LOL
Old 03-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #2370
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Dannie;

Glad you like - I have hundreds - it is always so hard to pick some and only a few to show all what I have been up to - which is really not much of anything.

It is a lot of work living out of a trailer that is 22'. Ha not to mention doing it with two very large dogs -hmmmm like Haily was at the vet yesterday and the little porker is tipping the scale and 90lbs!!! no wonder my wrist is not healing with the likes of lifting that little puppy in and out of the car. The stairs I bought really help when I remember them.

Back up a bit..I really wrenched my wrist when one of the yaks got away on me trying to put it up on the rack about 2 weeks ago. And with so much work with the dogs and doing stuff with the trailer it is taking a long time to heal.

Our time up at Monks Corner - out in the country - did not do real well with Haily - there is something in the wild that she is allergic to and contracted allergic junctivitis (sp) that made it's way to her tongue of course that transfered it to you know where since they don't do the toilet paper thing So she has a flaming bladder/urinary infection now which we suspect she passed a few little stones the other day being so restless and straining so much. Haily has a predisposition to urinary infections that cause stones. She responds well to a course of antibiotics and I have to change her food for a couple of months.

But she has settled now and on a course of antibiotics and on eye drops. I have given them both Frontline for the ticks down here and having Peter send me down the heartworm which we don't usually give until I get home - if that. A blood test every 6 months is just as safe if not safer. - As the treatment for heartworm is just a higher dose of the toxin you give them 12 months of the year. JMHO anyway.

I am back at James Island County Park for a few weeks again and then may think about trying another park - I will take some time this weekend to tour around - since the weather has gone a little colder and cloudy it is perfect to leave the dogs in the car. - as opposed to leaving them in the trailer with the AC on.

Taz is coming along nicely now and will graduate next week to walking on her expandable lead. She is walking well with Haily but when Haily goes a bit too fast she does the hopping thing which we don't want her to do. Once she stops hopping I will know it is time to get her up a little faster each time. Haily on the other hand is really missing her off lead exercise so this month she will ride with me around the block every day a couple of times - starting her on a trot then a gallop just like a human tread mill - not much exercise for me mind you- but I get enough with the in and out of the trailer and car and tidying every day, sweeping and bending and hauling the storage bins - crawling into the back of the truck to get this or that and I do walk every day with the girls - so heck if I would just stop eating then that would be a good thing - but now I cook for myself I am having a ball!!! about to start on my stew for later for dinner. Give me something to do - it is time to clean out the fridge so it is a good time to throw it all in the pot

Well it seems I have expired here at the "contribution" of the forum - ha sorry but that word is a joke - why don't they just call it subscription and be done with it - so it is no longer a free forum - cause photos and posting go hand in hand really tee hee...I don't mind at all don't get me wrong - but call a spade a spade instead of beating around the bush... so off to figure out my paypal password as it seems I have forgotten that too...

Will post pics as soon as I am green again with the powers to be on the forum here...
Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #2371
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
okay got my "contribution" sorted out.

Here is my friend Terri walking the girls - it is hard to take pictures when you walk them yourself tee hee.

Name:	DSC_5638.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	76861

This one taken to show Taz's poor leg - it is starting to get some muscle back now and the hair is just starting to grow back in but a long way to go...

Name:	DSC_5655.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	76862

I met another new friend - Miriam who has a real cute new puppy Morgan who spent the afternoon socializing with Taz and Haily.

Name:	DSC_5663.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	76863

Name:	DSC_5668.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	76864

Miriam is friends with the Ladies I met and stayed with in Monks Corner - Miriam came up to take me out kayaking on the Cooper River. I also hope to go out once the weather warms a bit to do a Seakayaking Tour to which Miriam and possibly Terri too will all venture out with me - It will be a piece of cake for Miriam who is the seasoned Seakayaker!!!

Name:	DSC_5082.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	76865

Well not much other news for now....
Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #2372
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Good to hear from you and I am glad Taz is doing so well. Poor Hailey, you have a regular vet hospital going on! Good news is that by mid week this yucky weather will be clearing out. Hope to get the Princess home early next week. Still have so much to do!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #2373
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
A Very Sad Announcement

I have a very sad announcement to make. Laura's 3 month old niece Lila passed away from SIDS last evening in the hospital with her family in attendance. I know we all want to be certain to include Laura and her family in our prayers to help them over this grievious time of tremendous loss.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #2374
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Laura .. We are so sorry to hear of your tragedy... our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
WBCCI 10103
Old 03-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #2375
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Laura,
Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you comfort during this difficult time.

Big hugs.... Big big hugs, my dear friend.
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #2376
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Laura,

We are so sorry that you lost your dear niece. Take care and know the Airfamily is thinking of you and your family.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #2377
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Laura, we are devastated to learn of such sad news for you and your family. Please feel the love and warm support of your sisters here. We share your broken heart, ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #2378
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
My Dear Laura;

Such a tragedy, my heart and prayers are with both you and your family during this very traumatic time.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #2379
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
I am so very sorry, Laura. We will keep you and your family in our hearts and prayers.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #2380
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
sadness

Laura, we are so sorry to hear that your little niece passed. This has been a sad sad week. Guess the Good Lord needs my mom and your niece for a good plan. Hopefully they are safe in His loving arms.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote