Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #2321
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi Sue - sweetie how are you doing? keeping your chin up I hope!! and getting a bit of order back...Thanks for the B-D wishes - not getting any older - I decided before I hit 50 that I would start to turn the clock backwards now tee hee.
[/quote]

Doing well Sharon - thanks. We're pulling things together here and heading out toward Gulf Shores Tues. after 11 a.m. my mamo appt. Will pack this wknd what will not freeze etc.

Good girl Taz! Glad to hear you are doing so well. You'll be back to your old bowser self before you know it!

Sharon, where are you? for how long? etc., etc, etc.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #2322
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey sistas

Sharon, sorry about Taz. Whoa! Good luck with the doggie doctoring.

Suz, glad you and Ike are making tracks for the sunny south! Take a nice long chain with you, hook that sun up, and tow it on home when you are done on the gulf!! I loved that Michigan wives email....

Lou, what's new with you and Larrita? Are you planning an Ohio rally for spring/summer?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:08 PM   #2323
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Subject:
Date: February 14, 2009 11:07:24 PM EST

Hi All,

Went out Friday night with my friend Terri to an Oyster Roast - first time I have done one. Wow what a great night. She brought knives and cloths and showed me how to do a few and some secrets to boot - It was held in a old bus depot. Long tables - lots of beer and a ton of Oysters - incredible!!! But I forgot to take my Camera!! arg!!! I really need a little cheapie for events like that - I am afraid I would set my good one down and it would be gone.

We took my car so that Taz could be close - and if we were a bit too long I would be able to get to her quickly if needed. She is doing a bit better now that her groogy stage is over. Still not weight bearing - but is touching down a bit here and there - but this is normal. It is going to be a long recovery - over 4 weeks with total restricted movement - basically being crated - so the trailer is acting like a big crate really.

I am having a real hard time getting her in and out of the truck and hope i do not do myself an injury - but the best way to get her in is to actually lift her - and she is a whopping 75 pounds - at least with Haily I only have to lift her back legs to the first step and she goes the rest of the way. But Taz has always been very comfortable in the car - so when the days have been nice I will have her in there. That way I can get the trailer tidied from the day before.
Taz the next day after her surgery

You really have to be organized and tidy up each day in a 22' or you will go nuts with the clutter. But we have worked into someone of a routine - except it all finally caught up with us today and we slept for most of the day - first day it has rained since I started my trip - I can not believe I have been out a week already....it actually seems like I have been out a month already!! with all that has gone leading up to my trip and getting down here to James Island.

I picked up two beds for the trailer now that make it a little easier for them both to sleep on the floor.

Too funny when they both wanted in the same bed so I knew I needed a second one...Haily is one big fur ball right now - My friend and I went to the dog park on Thursday and Haily got black so she needed a bath - she is shedding her great canadian winter coat YIKES!

Taz can not stand for very long right now so she gets the royal treatment with breakfast and dinner in bed.

Sue I am staying at James Island, South Carolina for several weeks and then will be moving to a quaint place north of Charleston. But will be here for the duration.

It is going to be tough now having a really lame dog to take care of and I will not be able to leave her for very long - so that might just put a crimp in what I was hoping to do while I was here. Such is life though and you just have to take it one day at a time. We could not be in a better place for her to recover safely away from the ice and snow at home.

I will try to update my blog tomorrow - I have a whole weeks entries to do.

Hope all is well...Dannie I feel real bad that I did not get to see you. Perhaps I might look at a day trip or something in a few weeks once Taz is moving about a little better. Maybe a little pre- shake down with your trailer might be in order too in a few weeks???

Hey all thanks for the well wishes for my fur baby - it was a terrible shock when it happened and I had really not expected such a thing - it seems life is never easy when it comes to me - but I am sure there are worse things that could have happened - and I am just really greatful that she was able to get the surgery done and is recovering nicely now. - She was a little playful today - but still very sleepy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4060.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	75537

Name:	DSC_4059.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	75538

Name:	DSC_4057.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	75539
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_4061.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	75536  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #2324
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Things will get better
Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #2325
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Well I packed up and moved sites today to the other side of the park where I found a site that I could back in and have privacy and some grass on the door side to make both my life and Taz's a little easier.

Going kayaking tomorrow and hope to take some pictures - the last 5 days have really been taken up with caring for the girls - they are a handful but hopefully now that I am in a little more functional site I can perhaps get into some sort of routine until the 26th. Hopefully I can get in some nice shots.

Thanks Dannie - I know they will - just seems like it will be a long haul for the poor ole gal. I hope to get out shopping for a kind of stroller for her - yeh I know I will probably get some really strange looks but heck I can not leave her behind every time I take Haily for a walk...ha where one goes they both go.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #2326
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
I hope Taz is doing better!! I am glad you got a different site, might be easier on you and the girls! I am so glad Taz is doing better!!

Sue
siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #2327
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
hey sweetsioux! sweet sue (We have two Sues...not that YOU aren't sweet you lil devil Suz from Lake George!) That's a lot of canine there. Your great danes look gorgeous and BIG. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Sharon, glad you are in a good site for Taz and that you got her fixed up and on the road to recovery. You know we feel for you, not unlike what happened to our Koa last year. But I know you will be the best nurse. You take wonderful care of your girls. They are fortunate to have a mommy like you.

Suz, I am thinking about you taking off for Gulf Shores and wishing you and Ike a fun time and lots of rest and relaxation.

Hey Lou, hey Steph! 
Name:   smiley-faces-80.gif
Views: 208
Size:  859 Bytes
Hey Danalee, hey Roger! 
Name:   smiley-faces-80.gif
Views: 208
Size:  859 Bytes
Hey Annie!

Louis I am sorry you aren't getting to stay in Michigan and on to more Northern climes. Your home project and decorating turned out beautifully. I need your help big time over here. I am stuck in tacky and it shows motif. Anyway nice job, it looks very inviting and comfy. I take it you are a fast worker!!!
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #2328
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Sharon, Check the thrift shops, you might find a good deal on one.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #2329
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile I have to see the dog in the stroller pix Sharon

Looka here, you must show the giant dog in stroller pix!!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 AM   #2330
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Try a wagon

Sharon.... Hope that you are well and glad to hear that Taz is improving... Try for a wagon... a stroller might be a problem with the weight of Taz... wagon will be great.. should be an easy find.
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #2331
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
A wagon is a good idea!!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #2332
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Taz's now on The WAGON!!!

Never thought of a wagon - good call Ladies...

So off I went today to find a wagon..

Now being that Taz is an elder - she really needs a classy ride don't you think????

So this is what we came up with - A little on the expensive side - but my baby is well worth it!!!

Name:	DSC_4203.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	474.5 KB
ID:	75786
It had to be strong enough and big enough and have the high sides or it would be no good. The nice wheels also made it an easy choice for me pulling around 75 pounds - now if I could rig Haily up to pull her then I will be all set.

Name:	DSC_4210.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	75785

So put it together and then gave her a little spin just to see if she would stay in it - she did gret. I need to rig up some restraint system and we should be good to be the talk of the campground
She sits in it just fine...

Name:	DSC_4212.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	551.0 KB
ID:	75787
And on the straight runs she can stand tee hee. But I told her no standing when the bus is moving or I will kick you off and you will have to walk.

Name:	DSC_4220.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	75784

I started her little walks today with slight assistance and she is now starting to use her leg a bit more - but not a whole lot - she has a long way to go poor thing - but what a trooper she is.

Haily has been really patient too in that she is in bad need of a good run - so hopefully I can take them on long walks now around this park which has all paved paths which is great.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #2333
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
This is the site I have been staying at since Monday and here till next Thurs - I will either move to Monks Corner next or pick a new site here at the camp - it all depends on how I can manage with Taz's therapy up at the new place.

Today was the first day that she actually has laid on her bad leg side - so with each day now she is improving post-operatively at least. She is set to have her stitches removed On Monday if they think they are ready.

A big Thanks to everyone for sending your well wishes to Taz I have passed on everyone of them with a big hug and a kiss...

Name:	DSC_4110.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	618.5 KB
ID:	75788

Name:	DSC_4112.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	565.4 KB
ID:	75789

Name:	DSC_4115.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	639.9 KB
ID:	75790
Old 02-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #2334
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Great Pics

Sharon... Glad you liked the idea... Taz looks pretty classy in her new chassey... ... We are now at Hillsboro Airstream ... called North Texas Airstream community or NTAC for short... very classy place and very friendly people. We will be here for a couple of days and then home to Zavalla Tx. Mark, Kim and Liam left for home yesterday. Enjoyed seeing them. Stay well.... give Taz a big hug from Niki and Toby
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #2335
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Perfect- I am glad Taz is making some improvements!
Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #2336
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I know it has been awhile since I got on and said anything. So here it goes.

First off, I have been really busy, between school, and work, I hardly get a day off, and when I do, Im watching Lila. Keep busy is good for me I know, but I feel like when I go on vacation, im going to have a hard time coming back to all the work.

School is going well. Just got my results to my Stats exam and I got a 96 percent! And in my writing class I get a A- on both of my papers.So it seems to be going well. I go four days a week, and work one of my jobs on at least two of thoes days. Makes for a long day.

Work is going well, only for the fact that I still have a job!

Lila is doing great, she is getting so big, she is finally in a newborn size, and weighs over 7 lbs. In fact, she is sleeping on the couch right now, she is spending the night! I watch Lila about 2-3 days out of the week.

Wow, putting all of these things together really tells me that I dont have any time for anything. Guess Im busier than I thought. I cant wait for winter to be over, and the camping to start. I get out of school May 4th and am off all summer, so I have plenty of time to get my camping in this year!

So I thought I would give everyone an update on whats going on in my boring life.

Sharon, I hope Taz gets better soon! And I hope your having fun, keep posting pictures.

Steph, when I get home, I will make a date for us to have lunch, PROMISE!

Carol, I havent talked to you in awhile, hope things are going with Brad, and when I see him next week ill give him a hug for you! Give Orie a kiss for me!

Off to New Mexico I go on Monday morning, so I wont be posting for awhile, I hope all you ladies stay warm and think spring!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #2337
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Bon voyage Laura!!! Have a great time in New Mexico. Yes track him down for me and give him a big bear hug, I'll bet he blushes. BTW, we did get the work camper positions at Wagon Trail Resort in Ellison Bay Door County Wisconsin for this summer!!

What's on your to do list? Going to do some geocaching?

photography
Old 02-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #2338
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Thumbs up You tow (the trailer and wagon too!) girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
...Going kayaking tomorrow and hope to take some pictures - the last 5 days have really been taken up with caring for the girls - they are a handful but hopefully now that I am in a little more functional site I can perhaps get into some sort of routine until the 26th. Hopefully I can get in some nice shots...
Glad Taz is recuperating...

Hey Sharon, great photos and stories! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Looking forward to seeing you do that backwards kayak maneuver we practiced in Michigan...
Old 02-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #2339
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Where's that silver sister, walking the dogs in the wagon? Sharon come on back to blogging and posting! Where are those amazing pictures of yours?

Suz is at GS, Laura is in NM. Oh btw Laura's picture of the Mackinaw Bridge and the Airstream was chosen picture of the month by Airstream and put in their newsletter. Congratulations Miss Rivette!!!

photography
Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #2340
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Hi, Everyone,
I don't bop by here very often, but I thought I would for a change. I wanted to say for any of you interested, that the eagles have been doing nestorations for a while now. Wednesday 2/25 momma eagle layed her first egg of this year. Another expected today or tomorrow. All of this can be linked to from Inside Out's post 1506 page 31 on this thread.
P.S. To GT1963 Taz looks great in her wagon. I don,t know the whole story yet but I will backtrack and read up. Glad she is getting better.
Silverhawk, Bob
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote