Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #2221
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
GT1963, love the new TV! Hope it rides and pulls as good as it looks! You and ModPod will be styling and profiling on your trip south. The coastal areas of South Carolina and Georgia are very nice. You will enjoy kayaking there.

While I can't make it to a rally as far north as ya'll are talking, I do enjoying reading about your adventures and gathering around the campfire. It is cold here in Chattanooga, the low's this week are supposed to be in the teens. I know for some of you that can be nice weather and the high for the day. But we are not used to it here in the south. Brrrrr! I hate to say, but I would at least like to have a little snow to go with the cold. Can we put another log on the fire? I brought some hot cocoa and Bailey's to share.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #2222
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Someone mention Baileys? Thanks Kathy! Yum. Yes let's get over by the fire, it's cold and snowy. How are you?

Gals I know you will plan a great rally. Dreaming of streaming is the BEST thing to do around this campfire.

Sharon, NICE truck! Love the silver. You got a styling rig and places to see. You will have a ball and can't wait to see the photography you will come up and maybe more music albums. Keep Peter's progress posted too. He is such a great builder. I bet it wont be long. Do you think he will have it done by the time you return?

I get my hernia operated on Friday as an outpatient should be no big deal but you know I will need company here at the virtual rally while I am sitting home. Dang, I should have had a HAHA, that hitch head is HEAVY! Or maybe it was the gas tank...

Who else is out there this winter day? Hey gals, chime in.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #2223
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
blizzard

Here in N. Ohio it is a blizzard outside. We are supposed to put on some inches today. And it is supposed to drop to the single digits! It is beautiful outside with great big flakes!! Cuddle up to the fire. Boy, hot chocolate would hit the spot right now!
Carol, we will be thinking about you and your hernia surgery. Take special care of yourself.
Sharon, what a cool looking rig! Hope you will get it set up "just so" and have a safe trip.
Lou and Larrita
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #2224
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Wow just got in the door - that was a long afternoon - and we are in a blizzard most of the day too. But has stopped snowing now - but windy and the temps are dropping tomorrow to -35c The coldest yet - Really looks like norther January out there.

Had to do all the truck things today. Get all the papers signed and run the Yukon to get the prodigy removed and then the new truck over for it to be installed. She drives nice and handles well in the snow in 4x4 Is a little lighter than the Yukon but I will be adding some weight back with the stuff for traveling and the truck cap and Kayak, bike etc.

I got a line on a use cap - for 1/3 of new cost it is a Metallic Black so it should match or contrast nicely. Will see what it looks like first before deciding to pay to have it colour matched. Got a line on another fellow who has the Racks I need at less than a 1/3 of new - so I am doing pretty good thus far - three for three..And one of my mottos is 1-2-3 it is meant to be!!!

Now I have to start packing - ha it will take me that long for sure.

Hey Kposey - I think it is cold everywhere at the moment - but hmm I sure would not mind your temps - if you like and can have a bit of snow shipped to you I hope she rides nice too. I think I will be a little nervous out this time as I will not have had a chance to take her out on the road before I leave. Don't want to pill up the salt on the ModPod before I have to. I am sure it will not take too much time. But the turning radius of the truck is a lot less than I am used to with the Yukon.

Thanks ladies on the kudos on the "styling" Truck. Was not planning on getting a truck with graphics on it - but the truck has that GFX trim package so heck I was not going to grumble - it grows on you.

I backed her up to the ModPod so they can keep each other warm - but too dark and cold by the time I got home to fiddle with taking pics....

Hey Carol good luck with your surgery on Friday - get lots of rest and make sure it heals properly before you start lifting things like the Propane Tanks again!!! I did that hitch thing the other day (lifting in and out of the Yukon two of them and forgot how heavy that puppy is. Almost dropped it so I hugged it instead and got oil all over my winter jacket!

I'm up next week for the postponed dental surgery. No need to well wish - I save them all from my first date

And I finally have a consult with a new orthopedic surgeon for a prothesis ankle. Keeping my fingers crossed that he is up on the new technology. If not I may get him to refer me to someone in the States (Road Trip )

Carol Yes I think Peter will get the garage finished by the time I get back. Not the siding - that will have to wait until the summer. He will be well on his way with it before I leave I am sure.

Well better put up a bit of a wind shelter looks like we are in for a real gail!!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #2225
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Brad made Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies ladies... More coffee please Kathy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rhan431l.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	73869  

photography
Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #2226
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
yum Coffee and chocolate??

Hey Sharon,

Wow love that new truck!! Its you!! I'm open to suggestions as to where, I'm glad to help out, but I think Carol and Laura are the movers and shakers!!

If you go to Savannah, GA eat something at Paula Deen's restaurant for me!
Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons Restaurant - Savannah, Georgia

Charleston is a fun town!! We love SC beaches. Edisto Beach state park is a an hour's distance but lovely, you can get some of the best beach in SC and it was a very clean place to camp, we were there last summer!!
About This Park - Edisto Beach State Park - Discover South Carolina

Also just south of Myrtle Beach at Murrell's Inlet you get a better beach and gorgeous scenery at Huntington Beach State Park, it was great with full hookups, ranger guided kayak trips, etc. Not as crowded as Myrtle, great bike paths too.
http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/pa...park/1020.aspx
Old 01-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #2227
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista View Post
I'm open to suggestions as to where, I'm glad to help out, but I think Carol and Laura are the movers and shakers!!
not me, I'm all shook out. Let you younguns do the planning.

photography
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #2228
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Umm, I think I paid my dues after last year! Someone eles turn lol!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:02 AM   #2229
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
I have a cold, sorry between trying to work and fighting health issues, I have been kind of scarce posting, but sure read everything my "Sistas" have to say!Have a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!!! Hugs all around!!
siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #2230
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
It's freaking cold!!!!!!!

We have barely made it out of bed. Got the electric blanket going...Yes, we're in the airstream.

BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #2231
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Naaaa it is a balmy day here... minus 35celcius without any windchill - but then it is too cold to be windy.

For all you Farming Fans I guess it will be Icecream for the campfire today.

Name:	dre0918l.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	74012

And this is what happens when you live in the north...egads!

Name:	cza0919l.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	74013
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #2232
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Brrrrrrr

Have been lurking way back from the fire for a while but decided I am so cold that I needed to move closer. So I gathered a whole load of Ash logs to put on the fire and make it roar. Gads I can't get warm these days even with long johns on.

Carol and Laura and everyone else out there - good luck on your surgeries and solutions to difficulties - this winter seems to be beset with not only severe weather but health and care issues.

We are hoping to get away from this cold and snow around the first of February. We are headed SOUTH to Texas and then southern New Mexico and Arizona. But it is going to be a job to dig the Silver Dog House out of the snow and we do NOT want to travel on bad roads. So we are hoping that there will be a break sometime in the first few days of February. Then the first day will be a hard drive as far south as we can get.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #2233
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey those are cute cartoons Sharon...wow.

Oops, sorry Laura you are it, unanimous decison Whatcha thinking? Should we just go to Ralphie's barnyard?
Old 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #2234
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Oh Come on now! Are you serious?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #2235
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Laura, Steph and Sharon, why don't you start a thread and see who is interested this year in having a womans only rally and kick around plans and ideas? The name, date, and place can be determined through discussion in the thread. With many minds on the job it becomes much easier to contribute as a joint effort. It's fun to to involve everyone. Then no one really has to take the fall...) Or make a forums rally open to all if that is what you have in mind.

photography
Old 01-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #2236
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Nancy, when the ground hog peeks out you will know when to make your break for the SouyhWest. That will be so great to get the doghouse out on the road again after this winter weather!

Hey siouxcity hugs right back at you and nurse that cold. Here I brought you some chicken soup and if Lois will bring over that electric blanket we can all warm up and sit closer to the fire too.

photography
Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #2237
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
Thanks Carol , and I could use, and I need Lois electric blanket, I will share, the soup sounds great!! I feel better already!!
Laura, I enjoyed talking to you, sorry it was cut short! I got called to breakfast, while you were taking your shower,then went to bed, fighting this cold, even left my puter on all day, didn't mean to be rude!!
It is pretty bad when you, have pnuemonia, sinus infection, can't hear, your head hurts, and everything hurts, and all you think about is the next time you can hit the road and meet new friends. And read what the Silver Sisters are doing LOL
siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #2238
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
The end of the big road trip?

Reality is hitting that we'll be storing our beloved Aluminotti soon.

We'll make a final trip down to Florida next week and then we HAVE to live at home... dang! We've been more or less full-timing it since Mid-April.

Starting to move stuff out today. Clearing out the pantry and taking extra food home... Will also work on some of the clothes. (Luckily we have two sets of clothing so that really isn't too big of an issue).

Hubby decided to spend his last week of "freedom" back at Topsail Hill (where the Can Opener Rally was). He said he needs the warmer climes to do some work on the trella... Of course, I just winked and went along with it...

Ya know...it's sad... we both sleep better in our trella than we do at home...
WBCCI #4018

Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #2239
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Lois, ya know, hubby could get you down to Topsail and find another job! Then you wouldn't have to come back up here where it is soooo cold! Plus you do need to recoup your knee and cold is not good for that. Enjoy your last week of "freedom." Topsail is a great place to spend it!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #2240
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey View Post
Lois, ya know, hubby could get you down to Topsail and find another job!

LOL... funny part is --- it think his next project is either Michigan or Massachusetts... OY! Not sure yet. We'll probably know the day before we have to go...

After today I need to thaw out... You'd think that growing up in NW Ohio I'd be used to the cold, but 22 years in TN has made me a wimp!
WBCCI #4018