Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2009, 05:06 AM   #2201
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yummy brownies Nancy. A trip to Texas to visit your daughter sounds nice. Moving into the warm sounds appealing to me!

Happy Birthday Steph!! A New Year's baby! Cool.

Roger, MaryLou, Laura, hey guys, happy new year and spring can't come soon enough to suit me. Now which is better cold weather rally or waiting until June????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warmer.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	73277  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #2202
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
I spent the first 19 years of my life in cold, gray Michigan winters. No desire to ever go back to live. Come to NC, we still have 4 seasons but usually nothing extreme or lasts too long and the skies are Carolina Blue!!
Nancy, I know you must miss your daughter but must be very proud of her goals in life!
Can someone tell me how to put the smilies in these posts! I have spent a couple of hours sreading and can't find the how to.
Starting the Flat Belly Diet on Sunday-after the last holiday blast!!There now I have put it in writing, wish me luck!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:34 AM   #2203
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I am ready Dannie. Anywhere. We lived in Moyak North Carolina when Brad was in the Navy for awhile.

To insert a smilie, place your curser where you want it and select and click on the smiles on the right or click (more) and have even more smilies to choose from. If you don't see them there in your reply box you may have to go to your user CP (tab on top of forums window) and change your settings. Edit options on the left then scroll down to message editor interface and select enhanced interface. maybe??

photography
Old 01-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #2204
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Happy Birthday Steph!

Sorry Ladies, I havent been much for getting on here and chatting! I have a cold thats kicking my butt!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #2205
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Happy New Year everyone - see you all survived and well padded up with all those delicious sweets and naughty drinks.

Hey Laura you must not have drank too much over the festive holidays to keep that nasty cold thing away....Get your dad to send over that recipe and pretend it is a Hot Toddy.

Love to share some leftovers but my Brother has eaten them all. We have shipped him back to my parents for a while. He has one week left and leaves next weekend.

The weather here has been so extreme and put a damper on his wood cutting. So next week keeping fingers crossed we have two large hemlocks in the front of our house that have been killed by one of the infamous beetles. So they will become a danger of breaking in the next year - so he said he would fall them for us. They have to fall into my garden and very close to the bunkie but I trust his felling skills - he has been a bush man for half his life and a trucker for the other.

WOW Steph you never said that you just celebrated your 30th Birthday Did you have a great party - Tell me you watched the Hockey game yesterday!! That Detroit team is awesome girl!! I did not think they could get any better but wow they are really hot eh?
Happy Belated Birthday Steph - hope you have a wonderful year and many many more HUGE Hugs and kisses on there way.

Carol did you have a chance to get your roof fixed? that was quite a few shingle ripped off. My parents place in Bath by Lake Ontario had that happen every time the winter winds picked up. I guess it keeps the roofing fellas in business.

We have had a bit of a reprieve from snow - almost 2 weeks I think - we had a dusting the other day but we have left it on the drive to give traction over the skating rink that we were left with from all the rain.

Getting pass port in order - YIKES it expires on the 9th popping the renewal in the mail today.

Checking out the Rally schedules to see what is up - any recommendations for GA, SC, NC and top of FL between Feb 4 - April 4

Or recommendations for nice campgrounds by the ocean? need to have wireless as a priority.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #2206

Currently Looking...
mesa , Arizona
Hello All,

I am new to the whole airstream world, although I have wanted an airstream my whole life. I have always wanted to live like Gonzo on the television show Trapper John. M.D. I currently do not own one, but I am looking into it. I would like to live in one full-time while I finish my education. I really do not even no where to start. I am sure that this is the place to get all the pointers.

I look forward to reading all your posts and getting to know you.

VintageJane
VintageJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #2207
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Jane, you need to buy a sky deck Airstream and sit on top!! View the slideshow Used Airstream Sky Deck RVs For Sale, Airstream Sky Deck Motorhomes Gonzo would be eating his heart out. Welcome to the forum you've come to the right place to learn about the many types of Airstreams, where to get them and what to do with them.

Sharon we had subsequent days of extreme winds and have lost much more roof, and no one has been able to come out yet. They are taking cases in order of need and torn off roofs are being seen first. Also the electricity in large sectors was out for days South of us towards the city.

Laura get well quick! Sorry to hear you are sick.

photography
Old 01-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #2208
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963 View Post
Checking out the Rally schedules to see what is up - any recommendations for GA, SC, NC and top of FL between Feb 4 - April 4

Or recommendations for nice campgrounds by the ocean? need to have wireless as a priority.
Florida (all NW coast campgrounds)
Camping on the Gulf in Destin, FL
Henderson beach State park
Topsail beach state park
Big Lagoon State park

Haven't stayed at any of these but know the areas pretty well.

There's a really good state park that is beachside in SC. Just south of Myrtle Beach. Everyone I know loves that place.
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #2209
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Lois - THANKS for the suggestions - will key them in a see what I find.

Have lots of prep - with changing out the hitch and possibly even the tow vehicle - looking at maybe a newer GMC Yukon - 07. My little baby has been with us now for 5 years and is starting to nickel and dime us and running up in the miles - so it is a good time to do a trade - not going new - what a waste of money that is.

Well we are about to take the decorations down tomorrow and thought I would pop off a few of our tree this year.....

Name:	DSC_2825.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	73347

a shot from the back of the house....

Name:	DSC_2834.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	73348

Hope you all had a wonderful New Years and now well on your way to keeping all your important resolutions Anyone have quiting smoking, loosing weight, exercising, and eating right Yeah right will see you all in the no go no show pile at the end of January.

Now anyone out there that wants to put their minds to being happy and taking life one day at a time and enjoy it to its fullest - then you will have a far better chance of keeping that resolution...Just Be Yourself....No Expectations No Disappointments
Old 01-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #2210
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Hello Ladies, I just have to share my good news. With the New Year, I decided that I needed a change, so I just completly redid my room! I moved everything around, have a new bed set, im so excited! After having my bed in the same place for the past 7 years, I thought this was a good time for a change! I know this is the stupidest thing to write about, but Im just happy!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #2211
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
.........I know this is the stupidest thing to write about, but Im just happy!
NOT IN THE LEAST!!!! We all get the 7 year itch - it just comes in different forms. And it is what makes us happy are the most important things in life Laura!!!!

Now run out tomorrow and get your self a new set of sheets and bed ensemble and watch your face really light up....nothing like 300 thread count - or maybe some silk sheets to slither into along with a big down comforter to cuddle up to.....
Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #2212
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Already have the down comforter! I do need to find some gold orblack sheets, I also want to find a new dirty clothes hamper, and new curtains, and a frame for a picture. Once I get these things, ill be golden!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #2213
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Perfect timing for the January linen sales Laura. Glad to hear the fresh redo is giving you such a lift. Did you shake that bug and feeling better now?

photography
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #2214
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
not yet Carol, I have had it for about a week now, and I cant wait until its gone so I can get a full nights rest. I have been waking up about 8 times a night, and im not getting enough sleep. I did find the Curtains tonight and got a frame for my pictures, a few more things and it will be complete!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #2215
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Time for an update. How is the rivette rally coming girls? I'm ready to volunteer to help...
Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #2216
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Way to go Laura! Nothing better than pampering yourself with a beautiful bedroom.

Joann fabrics was having a huge sale today, I went and got two pretty new fabrics to do a little update decor in my Airstream. Went with pink and green, totally different than what I have now. Can't wait to start sewing!

~Julianne

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #2217
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
ModPod has....

a New Tow Vehicle
Advertisement photo

Name:   as2533.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  14.7 KB

Taken with my phone before I left today.

doing all the paper work in the morning and getting the brake controller changed over from the Yukon.

Getting a matching cap for the back and need racks either for the roof of the cab or the cap have not decided yet how the Kayaks will mount

Name:	SSPX0038.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	73745

Name:	SSPX0039.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	73744

What is that saying - to every cloud there is a "Silver Lining"

ModPod is very happy she is now well on her way. I am changing my bars back to the 500lbs and the Easy Lift system for my trip south. Then I might change that out down there for the Dual Cam system and sell off the other two hitch systems.

Reese adjustable with 750lb bars and the Easylift adjustable with 500lb bars.

Have decided on a few places on my trip south - mostly along the coast of SC between Charleston and Savannah. Great Kayaking, Birding, Trails and Golf!!. Not as warm as Florida - but way way way warmer than our present -30c and one heck of a lot less snow.

Still not sure I will hit any Rallies. Just depends on the weather and if I really want to head further south for a week in the middle.

And looks like by the time I get home - ModPod will have a new place to have her work done - but I am hoping that the LadyBug will be in there first.

Peter is tickled pink right now finally getting to work on his Man Place - the RV Garage!! (He will not miss me in the least!!) and if I stayed I would not see him either

The Roof Trusses are coming next week sometime. It has been a long road in getting the garage replaced - and it is so nice to see some light at the end of our trying times....

Name:	DSC_3307.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	73747Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3101.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	73749Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3182.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	73748

I would love to say that our waterfront is moving along nicely. But it is not.
We are still hanging with NO decision from the TWSP and now Toronto lawyers are involved - this is a big fat bureaucratic JOKE!!! Eventually we will have the last laugh...but we have had to thwart the idea now of my parents living there at all and now looking for an alternative.

Hope everyone is doing great in the first two weeks of the New Year.

Be nice to hear what the Rally Plans might be?

Way to go Steph - what a trooper you are.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #2218
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Well, I dont know when you guys want to have the rally, but I was thinking Early June? Or early May. Where were we going to have it this year? I have rallies already in April in KY, and Im going to International in Madison, WI at the end of June. So what does everyone think?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #2219
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey I bet Paula and Jamie and a few new gals would not mind something a little more central than where we have been - Top of Ohio and MI

So I guess it is all about how far people are willing to drive.

And I know I blew that Spring one - but my Hubby was quite prepared to hang out somewhere else.....but I was thinking more along the lines of a Rally - that "empowers women's spirit"

And sorry all you diehard wives out there....It is just not the same with the fellas - luv'em dearly - but sort of like that deal what would they think if all the wives and GF's should up at the guys annual hunting trip??? JMHO...

Have not really had a chance to think about what might be central.

Hey Steph how far will you Travel??

We know that at least the whole of the US is game for Carol

Sue - perhaps if I went I could offer you a bunk in?? If it is too far - being the furthest north.

Which is another option for some ladies whos H's just are not happy with them towing their rigs hmmm

Or to be a bit more economical but have a nice Silver Sister Get away. Not like we don't know you have a silver trailer

We could do something where little cabins could be rented - or share too - has been done and great times had by all.

Hey Laura maybe you could scout out KY a bit more while you are there? I had suggested that area as a possible last year.

Well lots of time to think about it.

How did you make out with your final room decorations Laura - any pics?

How is everyone hanging out this winter?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #2220
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Im okay with Northern Ohio, or lower MI