Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #201
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Good morning, Aria. You have a marvelous list of interests. How do you make your rugs? I used to weave rugs using a four harness floor loom. Perhaps you are hooking yours? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #202
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
G, I have made hooked. I have made braided. And yes, a Blind friend taught me to braid and loop. All the rugs I have made are fine. This latest method my friend Betty taught me is the best.

You braid once and then loop...front to back and back to front. It is not easy. There is no sewing together of the braids. I had a TV station come to the Adult Center where Betty demonstrated and it was a TV special in our area. She is a wonderful person and does fine work.

I am going to write my note, go to post window, then to additional options
to manage attachments. Browse upload return to post window and click submit reply. G can you point out something I am doing incorrectly?

Following the message I would not click post quick reply? Type a message and go to post reply. Or go to post reply on the previous thread?
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Aria, you've lost me! Anyone who has been long on this forum would vouch that I am not computer savvy. Perhaps someone else will jump in to help you. I do almost all my posting with Quick Reply and I've never had it fail. I'll be watching to see what someone else suggests. . .~G
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 02-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #204
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Aria - it is okay - we all can see your photos and they look lovely - just kidding....but wanted to make you feel okay - many of us have had issues trying to post photos.

When you select photo from file then click upload - are you waiting for it to up load??? it takes a couple of seconds. In the window it will say "Please wait-uploading" once uploaded you will then see your filename in the sub window box called "current attachments. This means you have uploaded.

You must also select a file name - and not what you had mentioned to me before (folder).

Unless you see the file in the Manage Attachment window then they have not uploaded - which means you are not picking a file that is compatible with the list or the size is too big. But it usually tells you that- so I would suspect that you are not waiting long enough for the file to upload.

Try it again....

PS you can also edit your posts to after you have posted - and you can delete them too if you like if something does not go well

But like I said - we can just picture your pictures.....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #205
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
..... A question: what are you Rivettes using to take your bird pics? You are getting such good close ups. Are your feeders close by or are you using some magnification? I'm just a click and shoot picture taker--no knowledge or skill so some explanation and procedure would be good for me. Several years ago we bought a Canon PowerShot Pro90 I, 10X zoom, 2.6 mega pixels. .......~G
Hey Girl - that is a fine camera.....I am just using a Kodak Z740 10XZoom (38-380mm lens- for those SLR buffs)5.0 mega pixels - and I always shoot on "Best" mode as you just never know when you take a prize winning shot that needs to be blown up. My Dad shoot in low res all the time and wonders why they print like poop.

I don't do anything fancy like when I used to use my Nikon SLR back in the day. This camera has a zoom button that takes me through my 38-380 then digitally takes me another 10X - when you go into digital zoom you will loose some picture quality.

It has an auto focus - which on the most part is great - but sometimes it can not determine what the subject you are really taking is. Like the one of Haily I had posted a while back - she was out of focus and yet the bull rushers were - the phot was still kind of neat but not what I had intended.

The only thing I find with the digitals - if yours works like this - you need to depress the shutter but part way in order for the camera to focus once it is ready then click - mine will hunt sometimes - for the best focus shot - left to right or perfect centre. It is made for hmm me when I have a hangover tee hee - or "dumies" in the nice sence. Once you see the little green squares in the view finder (or on the LCD- as many use) then you are good to take your pic.

I have some other options like bumping up the light or bringing it down - to prevent over or under exposure of your pic. But the beauty of digital if you are familiar with Photoshop you can pretty much correct anything with the photo unless it is a total blur or you missed the subject all together - as Peter does many times.

I have a 1 gig memory card but have a Good habit of downloading after each shoot - and I delete the files upon download this keeps your memory card clean and prevents corruption of the card and potentially lost "once in a life time shots"

I just went out to see if I could take some shots to explain.....The camera has a hard time with lighting and where the subject is sometimes. This first shot it took the foreground suet feed and not the YBSS on the tree - so he ended up blurred.

The next one is at the top range of the 380mm zoom from my front door. Still not crisp like an SLR with manual focus. But I also had to bump up the exposure because it was asking for the flash to be open. - which gave it a bit too much in this photo.

The last one is bumped up into the 10X zoom - and you can see how the quality and clarity lessons and becomes almost grainy and not in focus

One additional note - when camera batteries are getting low - your picutre quality will diminish - so if you find you are not getting clear pics when you should then toss the batteries. My digial Energizer e's get recycled into my remote mouse. When they are too low for the camera they will operate other items. Friendly tip.

Because I miss my digital - I have this camera sound set to sound just like a real shutter - tee hee - don't like the bells and things.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6828.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	32128   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6833.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	32129  

Name:	100_6842.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	32130  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
I don't have steps I can follow 1. What? 2. next etc. Will try
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Airstream2006Ducks002.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	32147  
Old 02-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #207
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Airstream GT. I think it is where the file is located. Some go...some do not.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Airstream2006Ducks003.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	32148  
Old 02-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #208
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
GT6921 you are such a help. Yes my photos are in a server. When I sent them to you I was able to move them and then I can post here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0001.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	32152  
Old 02-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #209
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, that makes good sense with the photos to explain. Thanks for taking the time to show ~G And Aria, we do see your pictures. Way to go!
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 02-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #210
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria
GYou braid once and then loop...front to back and back to front. It is not easy. There is no sewing together of the braids.
Hey Aria,
That rug making method sounds awesome!! Lovely photos too! Glad you joined the online rally, hope to meet you someday at a real life rally!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #211
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
tin sista, glad to meet you. My husband will take a photo one of the rugs tomorrow and I will post. GT6921 gave me instructions. I am new to Airstream and am looking forward to meeting and corresponding on the Forum.

I have little free time. Working at the Ad Agency and Teaching. We can only take weekend short trips and possible one week holiday. Summers I am
doing the Marketing Advertising for a speedway. Weekly TV shoots of the races, radio, print...the complete Marketing Advertising Program. The race season is April to September. Teaching January to May. Summer no classes.. August to December. And the Ad Agency is full time.

We love our GT and meeting everyone on the Forum has been great.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #212
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
Fly Fishing Airstream Women?

I am just catching up with this thread -- great to see all of the interest. I am working on a 68 Trade Wind 24 twin, that was born in Jackson Center, OH. My goal is to tie into the aqua and blue colors of the bathroom cabinets and use that palette throughout. I want to rearrange some of the interior to have a queen bed and a writing desk.

The 68 TW was well cared for by previous owners, just needs some updating of the interior and some safety features.

I love fly fishing. I learned to fly fish in Scotland with friends who lived there for a couple of years in graduate school. Then, I fished a lot in Mississippi bayous and the coastal islands, wading. Now that I live in Ohio, and am planning to live in Indiana, I am looking for some fly fishing destinations with other anglers.

Did anyone see the program on one of the Discovery, National Geographic, or Travel channels about the women who caravan in vintage trailers, travel to Montana, Idaho, etc., to fish? That show started my curiosity, then I started noticing Airstreams.

My name on this forum says I am Seattle bound, but it's going to be less far west for me: Indianapolis. I hope to catch up with Rivettes and others. This thread is terriffic!

Anne
in transition from Dayton, OH to Indianapolis, IN
1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #213
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
Fly Fishing Women Unite!!! That was one of my big reasons for buying an AS!
So glad to have found this thread! Ice and snow is still on the top of my AS.
It's only a matter of days about 45 -- and it will be gone! (lol)
Irish
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #214
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Anne and ThreeSeas and Aria! Looks like we Eastern Rivettes are growing! Just want to remind you of the Rivette Summer Solstice Rally in June. I know Jamie and Sharon and Annie will be coming from the North East and then we will be going to Ohio so it looks like you all could fall right in. Hope you can join us. Although Anne you are transitioning Westward you must know the Ohio area pretty well. Flyfishing has probably been one of the most popular areas of interest expressed here.

I wish I had seen the program on women caravanning. Was that Sisters on the Fly?
http://www.lindahagenmiller.com/arti...ers_on_fly.pdf I saw some of the painted motifs on trailers and they were very cool.
Sisters on the fly,Cowgirl Caravan,fly fishing,trailers,vintage trailers,western bedding

Aria have enjoyed your pictures and eager to see your rugs.

Irish I am counting the days too. Snow snow go away!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #215
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hi Anne and Irish,
Glad you could join the online rally! Hope to meet you at a real life rally someday!

Anne--wow great story about your fishing round the world! Sounds like a great adventure. I wish I had seen that special about the traveling fisherwomen! I will keep my eyes peeled. Oh Carol thanks for the links, I think we were posting at the same time!

Irish--45 days eh? Ok I'm counting down!! I could live with that for sure!!
Old 02-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #216
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
I am a newbie to AS...just picked up my Safari nine days ago

I like reading these stories...

I had NEVER towed anything before nine days ago. I hooked it up and away I went...I drove straight into the driveway and it took two and a half hours to back it around... since we had just gotten three inches on new snow over night...I did not want to back onto the road way with plows and snow covered road...

When I started to drive home at dusk...I was concerned, and an hour later it was snowing a bit more concerned and through two rush hours...

We can all do anything we put our minds too...lol...Slow and steady...

I can't wait to meet you all at the different rallys...

Irish
Old 02-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #217
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
Quick Question -- what size sheets do you buy????

I have been trying to figure out what size sheets? Do you buy flats and just tuck them in under the bed vs. fitted? Any suggestions?

Also about plastic dishware? Any good ideas?

Many thanks,

Irish
Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #218
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Welcome Irish..

Hello... We just use fitted sheets on the bottom and flat on the top... standard sheets work well... have had one with twins and one with a queen.. and use Corelle dishes...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #219
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
Great -- thanks for the help.

So many questions and never sure what really works on not.

This is a great forum to learn and read from!

Best,

Irish
Old 02-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #220
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Hi Irish, and welcome
We also use Corelle dishes--they're thin, light, durable and very easy to wash. For flatware, we use inexpensive stainless, but we also take along the heavier-duty plastic gear and paper plates for picnics, etc. We uses glass tumblers for our wine, but an ancient plastic "pool set" for everything else cold. The mugs that come with the Corelle sets are fine for tea, cocoa and coffee. There's a thread about this somewhere on the forums and it was a huge help to us when we were outfitting the "Rollertoaster" a couple of months ago. I'll try to find it for you.
We have twin beds, and use the contoured sheets made especially for A/S. Kind of rough and a little pricey, but they're sown together at the bottom and stayed tucked in--always a nice feature.
Have fun!
Janet