Old 03-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #1513
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Oh I am hopeless when it comes to downloads...and getting video to work.

When I click on the link Shari it downloads a file - would you know if that is the "source" file that "Episode" is requesting. If so I dragged it into the window as instructed and double clicked but it will not open...I am thinking I somehow need to get the proper source file for that feed???

I'm using an iMac OS X 10.5.2

Can anyone help?..It might be faster for me to just drive to the Channel Island

Old 03-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #1514
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well good morning everyone, I see I missed a lot while I was sleeping.

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #1515
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Grab the binoculars! Who is the Mr. and who the Mrs? I saw the numbers on their sides when they were both standing. I think this is the Mrs. because she just settled in and rearranged the nesting and got all comfy.
#10 is the Mr & #26 is the Mrs...looks to me like #10 has the day shift as he is who I've seen th most.

Sharon, see if this will help Channel Islands Live - Welcome
Quote:
*For MAC users -- download Fip4Mac to watch the stream using your Quicktime Player Flip4Mac - Digital Media Tools for the Mac
There is a whole stinkin forum dedicated to the eagles and their nest...it documents their every move!
Carol, the website says the camera is solar powered...so I guess it's only on during daylight hours. The cookies are Sugar cookies, gingerbread and chocolate...the centers of the filled gingerbread ones are raspberry jam. All recipes coutesy of my "kitchen hero" Martha. They are yummy...and every one is unique ~ enjoy!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #1516
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Just a guy poppin-in to see what you ladies were talking about. I could'nt have picked a better time. A big thank you to Shari and friend for the Eagle Cam link! I am also enjoying the sounds of nature in thier neighborhood. Carol those are some great pictures, thank you too. Makes me wish for spingtime here in North-central Ohio. Maybe after that foot of the white stuff that we are supposed to get in the next 24 hours, spring will not be to far off.
Bob
Old 03-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #1517
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Hey Bob, thanks for stopping by ~ grab a cookie, get a big one with lots of frosting...they are the best! Enjoy the eagles...they are pretty addicting for bird lovers, which I assume you are by your screen name.

Shari

Old 03-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #1518
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
MMM Cookeees

Thanks Shari, I did'nt have my donuts this morning, so those will hit the spot.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #1519
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Shari, thanks! I'm hooked. The cam is running in the background on my computer with the bird song as background melody. How long til hatching? We'll surely want to be online for that. Great link! I've already passed it on to my kids and DH at his office. We have quite a few balds here in Missouri. It's a thrill to watch them soaring over the Missouri River, river hills, andflood plains. Your cookies look delish, but like you, I'm passing, at least for today Thanks again! ~G And Carol, your photos are grand too. I'm wondering how you got such good closeups. We have the plovers too, and I've seen the adult do the wounded wing maneuver so I knew the nest and nestlings must be near, but I've never seen them. How did you get the little mice? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #1520
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
The "Eagle Cam Forum" says the first egg was laid Feb. 24th and the second on the 27th, there is normally 3-5 days between eggs and 35+/- days of incubation. I find the forum a little hard to follow...because they are a bunch of experts...I'm not. But the pair linked to in this thread are referred to as PH which I have realized stands for Pelican Harbor on Santa Cruz Island not Catalina Island, as I was told - it's another smaller island part of the Channel Islands.

Shari

Old 03-07-2008, 12:07 PM   #1521
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...=2008-4-25&c=1

Be sure to sign up for the rally ladies

Old 03-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #1522
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Shari,

Thnx for the link!

paula
Old 03-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #1523
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks g. Those mice were under a sheet of plywood that we had several over the ground under the Airstream. When Brad went to work on the drive he discovered them there.

I wish I could make cookies like Shari's still a few left this morning ladies. It must have taken you days to create all individual ones. Martha always amazes me. Now do you do the home decorations too?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1145b.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	55726

Laura, you have the Ohio rally posted, YEA! Spring's coming, everyone sign up.

Paula have you any flower pictures? These days the only flowers I see are the ones being sold at the stores!

Shari the links and the forum with the pictures posted of the eagles activity is great. It's very addicting as g. said.

Thanks Bob. Did you get that foot of snow last night? It didn't get this far luckily but since we are planning on going to Ohio soon, we need you to send it elsewhere too!

So I am going to pour another cup of coffee this morning, care for some? And wait to catch up on all the news from my sisters.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #1524
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Shari - thanks for the info - I had downloaded episode rather than MacFlip4...So did that just now but I am getting an error - The movie could not be opened. The movie contains an invalid data reference.

So I will have to go and google my issue...perhaps I will sort it out before sun down.....

Ohhhhhh Lauuuuurrrrraaaaa - did you sign me up on the Rivette Rally ??? - is that a marketing ploy - do I have to pay for your sign up services - Please know that I am tentative - as there are no definites in life...

Well it is a typical February Left Over day today.....cold and blustery with no sun - had about 5 inches last night and they are calling for the bigger storm to come through this afternoon and dump another 8-12 inches - so glad we do not live in the Maritimes - they must be completely buried by now

Just to take the nip off out west and to boost your warming sock in Central and to heat up the soul of the east......here are several logs being tossed on the fire....just toast and seedless raspberry jam this morning...come on back tomorrow and we will have a feast of pancakes... anybody for a cup of wild-berry tea?

How about a Birding/photography Rally one day??? I would be so game for that one.....
Old 03-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #1525
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Ladies, sign yourself up! Go to the link I posted, and click I will be attending this event. And thats it, also, Sharon, can you email me the logo so we can put it up?

Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #1526
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I went and I am all ready listed - and I did not list myself, so someone must have?

I'll get on that logo for you in a bit...

Only had two people with input thus far - perhaps a bit more time and others may have suggestions on any changes to it??? (Colour, big enough, font, font size etc... any other info needed? on it etc)

see logo here...http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...a-38883-6.html

Post#72