Old 02-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #1485
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
Hi Sisters,

We went to visit our new addition: just got our first look at 6 day old baby named Logan, born 8lbs 7 oz..21 1/2" got to hold him and he fell asleep on me..still have the magic touch..well, he did get a little red in the face and squirmy at first, but that's because he had a a big humoungous burp that just had to come out...he was a happy sleeping lil' camper for the time I held him!
Wonderful! What a sweet baby and he was right at home in Grandma's arms, that's so nice. Logan is a great name. Congratulations to you and the new family. That's a good size baby. How's Mama doing?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #1486
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Paula, that photo is so sweet! Congratulations!

I just loved the photo book you created by the way Paula, its lovely!! Kudos! So much talent among the silver sisters!!

Glad you feel better Laura!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #1487
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Congratulations to every new Gramma.... Carol... Yes it was Thomas the train I was talking about ... NEVER EVER Nana's little angel Liam...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #1488
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good Morning!

Carol: Logan's momma's doing fine..a little tired, a little pain..momma and daddy are learning all about the little guy!!! and our 8 year old grandson loves him too..

Steph: You're soo welcome and thnx for the kind comments!! Doing the photobook is such a fun project!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #1489
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Silver Sister Granson - G-Nanas....with super Names for all - Liam, Noah and Logan Wow....

CB Logan looks so content and Happy - could be a very frequent spot eh?

Don't tell too many people that I play a fine Thomas the Train Steph I don't want to have to get into doing demos at the next Silver Sister Rally

Brock - loved the Elephant story - but thought your Parrot one was really neat - a little Harry H you may have on your hands....Will you take your parrots with you when you camp?

Glad you are keeping things down Laura - always good to hear a recovery.

I am busy spinning off my Dad for a two day respite - and taking Mom for her home Dialysis training - we are having lots of fun and laughs at the same time - nice break for both - and the best way I know how to help both at the same time.... My girls get to spend their day with GrandPaw (tee hee).

Thanks - all - for the nice words and congrats on my photos - I am really starting to blush these days with all the kudos....

PS how you hanging in there Annie - has your brain turned to mush yet with the kiddy TV..... half way there and back to adult interaction again
Old 02-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #1490
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello... I had forgotten how time consuming it is getting a 2 year old ready to go shopping... and than the boots fall off when he is in the shopping cart... lol.. I will kill Thomas the train.. .... and we read at least 3 books of Thomas 3 times a day... ..... But I pretend that I love Thomas.... I do really love my grandson Liam..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #1491
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Our grand daughter Amber, 13 months, is attached to Going on a Bear Hunt, and she doesn't mind which rendition she puts her hands on--she has several. We've all (grands, dad, mom) read it so many times that when she comes toddling across the floor with one of her Going oin...books in hand, everyone dives off into various activities, counting on someone else to be the reader this time! Really, we're awful, but we love that she loves her books so much. I personally think her favorite is the large popup copy of the book here at Grandma's house, the one she moves all the moving figures, and checks to make sure we are saying all the activities right:Squilch, Squerch and so on! I understand your urge to "kill Thomas!" CodyBear! These grandbabies are wonderful rewards for getting old (er). I'm just sad that my first ones are nearing the fly the coop stage, one turning 19 in June and heading off for college, the other soon to become our second high school grandgrad! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #1492
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi G,

Yes, the grandbabies do grow up so fast!!..I used to babysit our grandson once a week from the age of 3 1/2 through preschool up to Kindergarten..lots of outside activities including: badminton, ball catching and kicking, playing in a big plastic tub filled w/water and toys; going to the parks, walks around the neighborhood, treats at Mickey D..inside activities including: cards, lego, puzzles, pop-up books, listening to music, toy cars and trucks..bingo, picking out notes on my piano, throwing paper airplanes, and baking cookies and eating his most fav food: ramen noodles!! now he's 8 and is an uncle for his little new nephew!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #1493
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Morning girls!

Slow day at work today. It's FREEZING out, so I'm here inside with a little space heater on my feet, bundled up in a hoodie, and eating some honey-roasted peanuts. Ah, the life!

Love your new Rosie av, Carol! Is that the one from the Time article? All she needs a set of truck keys dangling from her fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear
eating his most fav food: ramen noodles!!
Sounds like he's all ready for college!

The parrots will be camping with me. I'm planning on full-timing after all the bugs are worked out, so they better like camping with me! Beau's an old pro, he's been across country west to east and twice north to south! And has tagged along a couple summers of me chasing bands. He and Anka Houdini both talk. Jimmy Bullet makes up for not talking by being the best trickster. They're very clever. If you don't train them, they train you!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #1494
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLives
Morning girls!.......................The parrots will be camping with me. I'm planning on full-timing after all the bugs are worked out, so they better like camping with me! Beau's an old pro, he's been across country west to east and twice north to south! And has tagged along a couple summers of me chasing bands. He and Anka Houdini both talk. Jimmy Bullet makes up for not talking by being the best trickster. They're very clever. If you don't train them, they train you!
They sound like real cool characters. Are you not afraid of them flying away if they get loose while camping....I suppose it would be no different than the dog taking off

I would love to see your feathered friends - hope you will be able to make the Rally in the Spring?

It is chilly here but nothing totally out of the usual (25F) but nice and sunny with clear blue sky. Just hanging about waiting to take Mom in - then have the afternoon at the Hospital - not the best of days to look forward to...it will be nice when she does not have to go in. Just 3 more weeks and she can get back into some sort of routine at home.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #1495
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
Sharon, you got the character part right

Flyaways are always a possibility, but you guard against them the best you can. Since they are prey animals, their instincts will override training if they get spooked. You have to wait until they are calm again before they will respond to recall commands. I have harnesses for them, and they don't go outside without those or a travel cage.

I'll be coming and staying with Laura for the Spring rally as my AS won't be finished, so the birds won't be there this time. Next time though (this fall?) for sure when my silver raindrop is ready and I get my numbers and all that fun stuff.

Keep smiling; your mom is very lucky to have someone that fights and cares for her as much as you do!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #1496
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey that's great news Brock! Almost spring...you have to meet the bunch. Rally On!

Still winter here so I thought I'd post these pet pictures to bring a smile. Nancy found these and just too good not to share!

We haven't had the animals here at the campfire so maybe we should bring them! I have the gourmet dog biscuits. Brock I don't have birdy num-nums.

What's everybody doing these days?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	owners1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	55378   Click image for larger version

Name:	owners2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	55379  

Name:	owners3.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	55380   Click image for larger version

Name:	owners4.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	55381  

Name:	owners5.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	55382   Click image for larger version

Name:	owners6.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	55383  

Name:	owners7.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	55384  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #1497
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
very cute!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #1498
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Good Morning!

It's already March and I think we've got winter and spring in our view!.our plum tree has snow white blooms already, and the safari is sitting there awaiting a trip soon; early St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage dinner, and our son's pixie bob taking a 'cat' nap
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_5792pt.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	55387   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5791cbc.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	55388  

Name:	100_5777pixiebob.JPG