Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #2081
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
AWWWW! Miss London Rose is a cutie pie!

Little baby snow pellet flurries here in Southern Middle TN. Looks like wind-blown grits...LOL! Nothing's sticking because the ground is too warm.

I miss the snows like we had in Toledo growing up... Those were the days! But if we'll be "up nawth" next year, I'll get my wish...LOL!

Off to do laundry. Big day.
Make it a fun one, yall!
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #2082
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes C.J. Just got dug out and it has started again.. Will I ever win??? Love the pics of the cutie. No I don"t mean Brad either. I think I have seen Carol with the same look on her face as in the bottom photo..Hmmmmmmmm....LOL
Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #2083
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well everyone, I became an Aunt today. My sister Tenille gave birth to a little baby girl. 5 lbs 3 ounces, 17 inches long! Im so happy, mom and baby are healthy and happy!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #2084
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Congratulations Auntie Laura! A Thanksgiving baby, cool.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #2085
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
yea, the baby was 22 days early, was due on christmas eve, but baby came early!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #2086
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What's her name?

photography
Old 12-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #2087
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
They havent named her yet, they are between a couple names.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #2088
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Congratulations!

Hey Laura! Congratulations on becoming Auntie Laura. How is Grandpa holding up??? Are you going to get to go and see her??
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #2089
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Just watching a movie, Tortilla Soup and thought I'd share a a quote of Carmen Naranjo's with you ladies today.

"Do you know why we clink glasses before drinking?... It's so that all the five senses are involved. We touch the glass. We smell the drink. We see its color. We taste it. Hearing is the only sense that doesn't participate unless we create it."

So let's raise our glasses and toast to Laura's new neice, a wonderful holiday season, and of course girl power!

tempting, isn't it?
Attached Images

photography
Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #2090
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
<raises her diet coke>

here here!
WBCCI #4018

Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #2091
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Hi gals, I'm a very new newbie. We just received the keys to our new baby, a 1965 Ambassador. We don't have a clue...I have enjoyed reading all your comments and wise advice. If anyone out there is from he Winston-Salem-Greensboro area-HELP!!!!
I found our baby on top of Moore's Knob (Hanging Rock) and we are having it professionally moved to our carport Friday to begin the assessment of needed renovations. We are very excited!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #2092
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Hey Danalee! Congrats on your new silver one!
Lots of info on these forums... Lots of nice people, too!

Welcome!

/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Old 12-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #2093
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Congrats on the BABIES....

Laura for yours - making you a brand spankin new Aunty

Danalee for your - making you a brand spankin new poor AS traveler tee hee - sorry could not resist - wait till ya get your reno bill -

Pictures GIRLS - winter is here and we all need visuals beyond the SNOW!!!!

Well at least I do....

So lets see some pics of the Niece and of course your new 65 Ambassador

Boston Area eh? hmmm what is the weather like there - need any parts I might have some - parts will travel and I will come with the package. if you have a driveway and a power outlet

Finally got my iMac back - sheesshhhhh been without it for over 2 weeks now. and suffering with my poor PB Laptop, that barely keeps up with looking at a few photos at a time. - So I have been without music and photo creativity for far too long...and filled my time with hmmm I have no effin clue what I have done in two weeks....certainly not any laundry or housework - I quite on that score. Gave someone else that job and she could be my twin ha. How is yours going on that aspect Lois? did you get all caught up?

NO loss in any data - turned out to be an internal power anomaly - that fried the re-boot capabilities. Fully warranteed....

Pretty Frosty eh Carol....winter has certainly set in. Read you winter escape idea - hmmm warmer weather please

Well I am heading for dental surgery in two weeks ARGG!!! just what I need before Xmas - So it will be Turkey soup for me well at least I will not have to worry about packing on the pounds just to take them back off again. Once healed I will have more very expensive dental work - so I better set too and get some of our Airstream stuff sold eh...and off on tour to find the next reno project...

Chow all
Drive safe and stay warm...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #2094
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Newport , North Carolina
Hello Ladies, I am also new. I have posted some around the forums but was pleased to see a thread for us women.

Danalee, We are not from the Winston -Salem area but we did get our AS from that area (Harmony-also became the name of our trailer). We also have a 65 but ours is an overlander. I feel the same way about being clueless. I just see it as an adventure. We are doing all the repairs ourselves. While my husband is good at fixing I end up doing much of the reading and learning about airstreams so I can relay the info to him. You are lucky to live in that area, The Out of Doors Mart is there. They have tons of parts and can really help you if you have questions. I stopped in there on our way home and they were very kind people. When we get up and running hopefully I will get to meet you sometime as that area is only 4-5 hours from us on the coast.

once again, so glad to find other ladies to share the ups and downs of all this with.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #2095
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Thanks for your reponse. Is Newport near the beach? I was wondering if you have heard anything about a rally or campground near Floyd, VA. It is not too far from here and I understand that it has alot of "green" building and interest going on. Also big artist colony. I am watching your renovations with great interest. If all goes well we ahould be getting our baby tomorrow. I see you have animals as well as human babies. How do they travel? Nice talking to you. Please keep in touch. Dannie
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #2096
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Dannie!

Congratulations on the new Airstream. You get it home tomorrow? That's so cool. We'll be waiting to hear more.

When I read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
-HELP!!!!
I found our baby on top of Moore's Knob (Hanging Rock)!!
My mind immediately flashed to this...

Name:   balanced.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  37.3 KB

I know you will be relieved to have your Airstream safe and sound and under cover.

photography
Old 12-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #2097
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Heloo Katie too! this is great having new silver sisters. We have 2 dogs and a cat and they travel with us in the Airstream whereever we go. We're outnumbered! Looks like you and Dannie are both in North Carolina, cool. Paula (foiled again) is in Virginia. I hope you will both post pictures of your 65s. I am curious how the floorplans will differ in an Ambassador and an Overlander.

Welcome, welcome, we are having so many new ladies, it's exciting. And let's hear it for the Eastern silver sisters. Yea!

And Sharon I will put in that request in for warmer weather for you and me both, but be patient, it might take a few months to be processed.

photography
Old 12-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #2098
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Alrighty, I know it took me so long to get back to everyone, I want to thank thoes who sent me wonderful PM's. My sister Tenille is my half sister, so she was my dad's Step Daughter, but everthing is well. Mom and Baby are doing great. They have names her Lila Jolene Gaunt. She is now just under 5lbs but is doing great. They were both released today and I was able to spend more time with them. I was there at the hospital all day. She was born at 3:21pm on December 2nd. I was able to hold her maybe 40 minutes after she was born, its hard to believe how you can love someone so much when you have just met them. But she is so perfect, healthy and looks great. I have seen her everyday since she was born, and I cant seem to get enough of holding her little body and watching her yawn! Things have been nuts, between the baby being born 3 weeks early, my sister and her husband were planning on movine next weekend, well plans still havent changed, but now we must care for a baby while moving, so this should be fun. With 2 more weeks of school, and black friday at work, its just been nuts. Im sorry it has taken so long, and frankly I would post some pictures if I wasnt in the dark laying in bed half asleep, But i promise to try to get some on here soon! Thanks again for all the support, I LOVE BEING AN AUNT!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #2099
4 Rivet Member

Everett , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
I LOVE BEING AN AUNT!!!
YAY Auntie Laura!

Nursing major knee issues...

Timing couldn't be worse...Just wondering why Mr. Murphy and his dang law decided to take up residence in our airstream...
WBCCI #4018

Old 12-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #2100
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
I have a Silver Streak am I welcome, I know it is not an Airstream. But nobody has a Silver Streak and I am lonley poor me, LOL
Sue
siouxcitygro is offline   Reply With Quote