Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #2061
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yeah C.J. Lets see more!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:03 PM   #2062
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Well here is our first scare of the Winter....The man upstairs was certainly looking out for Peter and decided tonight was not his night for a change in address

Good thing he was wearing his seatbelt. He managed to unclip and step on the passenger door and give some leverage to get the door open - a cedar tree branch was right there to take the weight of the door. He said if it weren't there he would have had a job to get out and get a signal on his phone to call me. He was not 5 minutes from home on a terrible stretch of road that freezes all the time.

He walked away with a little scrape on his leg and his pride shaken up pretty good. So he will be running the little Tracker until the Town Truck is fixed or replaced...
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1301.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	71741

You can just see the headlight to the right of the picture.

Name:	DSC_1322.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	71744

Name:	DSC_1324.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	71745
they righted the truck then dragged it out and over to the other side of the road to hook her up to the tow truck.

Name:	DSC_1334.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	71746

Name:	DSC_1342.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	71747

Name:	DSC_1343.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	71748

Name:	DSC_1344.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	71749

Name:	DSC_1341.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	71750
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:52 AM   #2063
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Unhappy Posting photos

Ok this is an old question but I am coming to my silver sisters to help me solve this one.

I have posted pictures to the forum in the past. To do so I scrolled down to the little box where it says "attach files" with a button that says "manage attachments".

In the past that worked. Today when I click on the "manage attachments" button NOTHING happens.

I also tried the "insert image" icon above and tried to put in a link from my blog, but that did not work either.

What am I doing wrong?
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #2064
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon, Brad and I are so glad Peter walked away from that without serious injury. Ice is so treacherous. There's nothing as scary as when a vehicle starts sliding off on it's own. Thank heavens Peter diidn't have a run in with a tree. How's he doing after the shake-up?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 AM   #2065
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
oh geez wow - you were so lucky that he was not seriously hurt. The truck even looks a lot better than I thought it might - did not even break the window.

We had our first snow of the season starting yesterday here too, and there were reports of vehicles off the road all over.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:02 AM   #2066
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwene View Post
Ok this is an old question but I am coming to my silver sisters to help me solve this one.

I have posted pictures to the forum in the past. To do so I scrolled down to the little box where it says "attach files" with a button that says "manage attachments".

In the past that worked. Today when I click on the "manage attachments" button NOTHING happens.

I also tried the "insert image" icon above and tried to put in a link from my blog, but that did not work either.

What am I doing wrong?
H Nancy, sometimes the forums features aren't always working for me, try again later. I know Sharon's pictures weren't vsisble and had the little red x a while ago.

Yeah we got snow on the ground today eh? Nancy and I live a hop, skip and a jump away from each other. Koa's first snow to play in, he can't figure out where the snow ball goes when it hits the snow, hahaha. Brad's got both dogs and the cat in the truck and about to take them to the kennel for our trip to the kids' tomorrow. I think your church dinner for all in Lapeer on Thanksgiving and your serving is just wonderful Nancy. Such a special thing to do.

photography
Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #2067
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
WOW! Having just been through an accident myself which didn't "look" nearly as bad I know how he must feel - relieved, thankful, scared & sore! Sounds like it's time to start shopping for a new truck...my car had less damage, didn't tip & was totalled - labor rates are sky high these days. Hope all ends well with this...Peter probably needs a good soak in a hot tub and a glass of wine to say the least. Good thing the trailers one of the trailers wasn't attached ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #2068
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I hope Peter is ok, I know that feeling, and it is scary. I was driving home last night and almost slid off the road.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #2069
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thanks all...

Peter was fine this morning. His leg and wrist are a bit sore. I inisted that he have a nice hot tub last night before he went to bed to avoid stiffness as best as possible. And I stayed up most of the night to make sure all was okay - he said he did not hit his head but had a pretty good shake side to side. No headaches or nausea - good thing.

Not our truck thank heavens - Township Truck so not on our insurance either. Peter uses it for the Winter Season - it is shared between works and recreation.

I would never buy a 2 wheel Drive Dodge Ram 1500 - they are renouned for their ass end to spin out even in rain. They have absolutely no weight over the back tires. Peter had not got the sand bags from the works department yet as he normally does and the snow was a surprise. Last night.

We ended up with about 3 inches and the roads were slick for him this morning too.

That was my thought too on a trailer being hooked up to one of these trucks- absolute nightmare never! not even a little vintage bambi would I risk.

He just called to say he is at work and feeling fine and that the little Tracker drives great compared to the Town Truck - tee hee. But he did not know how to use the 4x4 - gosh it is a 1990 it is ancient but looks brand new - and never seen the likes of a canadian winter - poor thing must be in shock....

Well off to do ha ha ha Laundry - and some shovelling - NOT this year I have decided just to let the stuff melt by it's self and throw the 4x4 on to get out I have not even serviced the snow blower yet - yikes...

Hey all - safe travels for your ThanksGiving - don't eat too too much and remember to save some room for desert and bring the left overs back with ya....
Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #2070
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Sharon... so glad to talk to you this am and know that Peter is ok. I had to get off the phone as the handset was not fully charged before I tried out this Magic Jack. Works great so far... only have made 3 calls and had to leave messages at the other 2. ... Well all Ladies and their families enjoy Thanksgiving with our loved ones and friends. Safe travels and may all driving have Angels on their Hubcaps.... Peter did ...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #2071
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Sharon, Glad you and Peter are ok!

Have a Happy Turkey Day All!

Please click on the link:
Turkey in the Straw - animated Flash ecard by Jacquie Lawson

codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #2072
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Glad to hear y'all are ok...

Just a quick pop-in today. We're home in Nashville at the condo. Lots to do. Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Have a great day, y'all!
:-D)
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #2073
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Back at the campground and in our aluminum home... all is good.

Making Thanksgiving just for us two today. Going to really test our oven/range...

So what's everyone up to? It's supposed to snow down here in Southern Middle, TN. Should be fun!

Airedale, you have email @ facebook.

Hugs, y'all!
/Lois
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #2074
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Sharon, how is Peter feeling now?? Sorry to read about that. Not good....Give him my best and watch out everyone. Sounds like we could get blasted tonight and tomorrow morning with up to 10 inches more. Hope Carol and Brad stay put for a couple more days. I think they are still in Chi Town or maybe Wi. For the Holiday weekend..........BE SAFE EVERYONE!!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #2075
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hi Sharon
I'll sneek into the Silver Sisters Rally here to Say, We are glad that ONLY Peters pride was damaged, the rest is not important. We miss Ya and MaryLou is holdin some Lady Bug stuff for ya. Hope to see you both in the spring.
Roger
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #2076
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey thanks guys.....Peter is doing just fine - his pride is bouncing back . Well over 7K damage to the truck on first estimate - township has yet to decide what they are doing, buying new or fixing. Guess it all depends on the insurance. Peter is driving the little tracker still with the manual 4x4. It has been pretty slippery going around here.

We had the Township Christmas Dinner on Friday night. Poor fellow had to take it on the chin a few times - specially in a farming community- and that he needs to learn how to drive - tee hee. Poor fellow - and all the driving he has done all these years - and that is the first time off the road. We tell him boy when you go you sure do go .

It has been snowing pretty much all week and they are calling for a nasty storm to come in to night. So all you Northern Staters watch it and be careful out there...

This was the snow we got last week. High winds this morning has knocked all the snow off the trees so not so pretty now.

Name:	DSC_1466.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	71940

Now what I did not expect was to have to shovel the new garage floor. Starting it next week some time.

Name:	DSC_1521.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1,001.3 KB
ID:	71939

We are going to the Musical show "We will Rock You" down town Toronto this coming weekend. Will pick up my Brother from out West - flying in Sunday morning and staying for a month. So Peter will have a few extra hands to help him with the garage framing. yea haa hopefully by the end of December the walls and roof sheathing will be ready then it will the roofing and siding and she will be good to take on the ModPod and the Ladybug and get them out of the elements.

I took a picture of the ModPod the other day and I could just hear her screaming - get me the Heck outta here to warmer weather!!!! Boy did I hear her....trying to bribe the Hubby to let me go....

I have been without my new iMac now for almost two weeks it is in the hospital they have replaced the mother board and still has not solved the problem so now they are working on the power side of the issue. It all of a sudden just shut down and intermitantly rebooted itself - this continued until it got to the point it was on and off, on and off - very strange like it was possessed or something. Then it finally reached it's death and would not reboot at all - in a matter of a 2 days.

So I have been using my old lap top which has a corrupt memory chip so if she is on for a while the screen dies on me and it has a kinipsion fit, so I thought it best to just give the computing a nice long break and get a few things done around the house with my increasing stamina and energy now finally returning...

Hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and lovely visits with family and friends....

Next we will all be gearing up for Christmas.....so what is everyones plans for the festive holidays???
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #2077
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Northern Sisters in the frozen north.
Hello Sharon, Sorry tho har about the nasty storm coming in. We are getting hit with that front from Texas, very high winds with scattered showers and TORNADO watch, got our weather radio a week ago... think I wouls rather endure a snow storm than a Tornado watch/warning... awnings are all up....
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #2078
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Well we are getting bombed as I type this text...Sure wish I was south. Gald all 3 Airstreams are in the barn high and dry...Yeah Roger we gotta check and see how the girlie girls are doing now and then..Someone has to keep em in line...
Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #2079
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Ralph, Roger, ladies, how's everyone?
We raced home early to avoid driving through this weather! It's only just begun here, but I have high hopes for some playing in the snow. Brad's in the AS listening to music and the dogs are inside while Kee Kee is investigating outside.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4129.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	71949   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4115.jpg
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	71950  

photography
Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #2080
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
It's still snowing!!! If we had a hill we could try out our new plastic sleds. Certainly is packing for snowpeople and snowball fights. How you doin' Ralph? Digging out yet?

Thanksgiving with the kids was great. There was so much food, and two turkeys, one roasted and the other deep fried. Before the dinner table was even set the kitchen table was chock full of appetizers. For a peek at our day, click here turkeyturkeyandmoreturkey Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com

And here's our little London Rose, now 4 months old.

photography