Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Looking very forward to Silver Falls!

Hi all!

Don and I are very excited about Silver Falls. We will be there come you know what or high water! Don and has been re-doing the brakes on our truck and I am loading up the Bambi! We have a few things inside that aren't finished... but all is functional. Don has worked very hard to get Bambi ready (we are calling her S Tardis for Silver Tardis) and I think once we get there he may just rest for the whole time! He deserves it! Steph, the campfire sounds glorious! The weather looks like it should cool down a bit by the time we all get there... but I hope no rain...

See you all soon!
Don & Claudia (Mr. & Mrs. NorCal Bambi)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #62

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn
(we are calling her S Tardis for Silver Tardis)
Oh, you guys are totally my kind of people!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:34 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I hate to be a negative nelly, but my only experience with Salem involves having my car stereo stolen while I was picking someone up at the hospital, so when I heard international was going to be there, I must admit I wasn't thrilled. Lets hope nothing else happens to dampen the celebrations!

I'm looking forward to Silver Falls. We're bringing the dogs because I don't want them home alone getting scared of the neighbor's fireworks. Because of the dogs I don't know if we'll head over to international even if we could. I'm looking forward to a restful weekend at the park and gathering around the campfire!

See you all there!
HI Steph,
I am an optimist.......and have the expectation to re-unite and renew old friendships.........around the campfire (or "fire dancers".....if applicable). I expect to see Norcal Bambi's (and CdyGrn's) progress. I want to see Darol's projects he's been working on.........and meet your DOGS and hear what plays you're both working on or going to Ashland to see! I'm sure GiGi will not think this is so neat.....but she'll be on a leash! I want to catch up on Brad and Kacee's happenin's in Eugene......and hear what Chris has been up to with his Caravel! I'm anxious to meet "BBWJD, Great Pumpkin, and Greyzeth" for the first time.........and if I'm lucky......meet "wheel interested and 2airishuman"......all forums member contributers.
All this.........surpasses any negative aspects of what might happen to me in Salem (which I'm sure won't happen)!
So.......put on your "happy face" in Silver Falls........and come visit us at the rally in the generator/dog section! We'll have the Honda 3000 going......and AC on to cool off!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #64

1968 17' Caravel
I'm sure you'll have a great time in Salem. Don't mind me, I hold grudges for a long time (dang car stereo theives!)

Old 06-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #65
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Hey gang,

There is a REMOTE chance that I may stop by for an overnight on the way to Hood River. It depends on when I get my work done in NM and the route that I take.

Hope things work out and I can at least get to say hi to you all!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #66
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
So you're there!!!.......When did you arrive??......Justintime for the heat wave?? We'll be coming up from Corvallis on Wednesday. We may just stay 4 days depending on if we tire of the goingson........then may head up to Silver Falls......to boondock for a coupleadays and meet our old friends up there. Sounds like there's room for us if we decide to "make a break " Hope you're enjoying Oregon!
BTW, the Beavers are playing the Tarheels in the College World Series (Game 1) in Omaha as I speak. Go Beavs!!
hi doc, steph and others.....
yep, been here several days.....
came across 22/central oregon hiway....
the piece from sisters on was.........fun.
can't wait to go back and spend a few days in sisters.

i say the beavers were playin'......go beavs!

as for salem....or more specifically the convention center.....
it isn't the suburbs, so city things happen....
during the first few days, when only a few units were here and everyone was away from there moho's.....3-4 were quickly popped for stereo/tvs and such...

now there are 600+ with another 600 scheduled to arrive in the next 3 days..
so plenty of eyes/ears to watch things and not everyone leaves together...also they now have security guards.....so......

supposed to be 100+ 2day and 2morrow.....
but it's a dry heat

i'm parked in red 1, row 5...dog/30 amp.

since we don't have an 'airforums.com' flag yet......
i'm flying the jolly rogers (black flag skull & cross bones)....

but for you jordandvm.....i might just raise the ku game day flag!!
stop by for a grog of ale, matey!!

look forward to meeting you alll!!!

2air'
Attached Images

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #67

1968 17' Caravel
2Arrrrrr (said like a pirate) hope you get a chance to drop by for a visit Same to you Lew, it would be great to visit with some more forum folks.

I am looking forward to forgetting about work for a few days and getting some reading in! I'm getting the trailer packed up and ready to roll today.

POTLUCK ALERT!!!! Darol says he's going to make a big lasagna for Sunday night! We'll bring salad, croutons, and salad dressings. Would anyone else like to pitch in?

Old 06-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #68
4 Rivet Member

Steph, That was private information!!! Now I'm committed - oh well. My pan and oven are not big enough for the entire group so hopefully others have a favorite dish to contribute, too. Should be an experience - but fun! Darol
Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:01 PM   #69
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Directions

What's the best route to take coming from the North?

MS Streets & Maps shows to take the Cascade hwy (213) off of I205, follow it until Silverton and then take 214 to the North entrance of the park.
Or would it be easier to come down I5 and then come east on 213 until Silverton?
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:26 PM   #70
4 Rivet Member

Hwy 213 is the more scenic route BUT is also a dangerous road. Lots of near-misses due to speed and careless passing on a two-lane curvy road. I'd suggest I-5 to Salem and east on Hwy 22. Just over the top of the first hill out of Salem, exit to Hwy 214 and follow signs to the park. Fewer hills, less stops, and better road. When you leave, you could go through Silverton and then to Woodburn to catch up with I-5. Some pretty good hills and curvy roads that way, too, but its all downhill. Darol
Old 06-25-2006, 03:36 PM   #71

1968 17' Caravel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darol Ingalls
Steph, That was private information!!!
I've been known to drag people down with me

Also, I was trying to find a hand crank ice cream maker, but have had no luck so far. If anyone has one to bring, let me know, and I'll bring the fixins for Ice Cream!

Old 06-25-2006, 03:39 PM   #72
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Thanks, that route looks a little less curvy. We'll take that route in and out. Next stop after Silver Falls is the Wildlife Safari, and then over to the coast for a few days before heading homeward.
2001 Honda XR650R

Old 06-25-2006, 03:41 PM   #73
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
I've been known to drag people down with me

Also, I was trying to find a hand crank ice cream maker, but have had no luck so far. If anyone has one to bring, let me know, and I'll bring the fixins for Ice Cream!
Steph, I haven't seen a hand cranker since the days my sister and I had to first milk the cow, then take turns sitting on the ice cream maker (we were small and had to hold it down) while the other one cranked.
2001 Honda XR650R

Old 06-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Let's all potluck as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darol Ingalls
Steph, That was private information!!! Now I'm committed - oh well. My pan and oven are not big enough for the entire group so hopefully others have a favorite dish to contribute, too. Should be an experience - but fun! Darol
I will potluck anytime! I will bring my dutch oven and make a dish to share! Anybody else do dutch oven cooking??? I have only been doing it a year or so, but I really like it! Do we have a dutch oven cooking thread? I better look...

Hey, if you can't find a ice cream maker, we can make "camp" ice cream with coffee cans... know that one? It is great with kids, but most of you "kids" are a bit older, huh????

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (soon to travel in S Tardis)
Old 06-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #75

1968 17' Caravel
Tell us what to bring for 'camp ice cream', and we'll do it. I love to learn something new!

We don't have a dutch over yet, but I want to get one

Old 06-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Camp Ice Cream

Quote:
Tell us what to bring for 'camp ice cream', and we'll do it. I love to learn something new!

We don't have a dutch over yet, but I want to get one
Steph & all,

Here is the recipe I use for camp ice cream. There are quite a few variations on this theme, most Boy Scouts have seen this...

I have lots of rock salt I can bring! It makes a "soft" ice cream similar to old fashioned freezer ice cream. One "recipe" below will serve one person, or two if you want a taste.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling soon in S Tardis )

I pasted this from a word doc and I think I messed up the formatting. If it posts weird, I will resubmit...

Contributed by: C. East

Camp Ice Cream
What you will need:
· 1 gallon sized freezer resealable plastic bag (avoid slide lock kind)
· 1 pint sized freezer resealable plastic bag (avoid slide lock)
· Instead of shaking the bag, try “rolling” the bag inside a large coffee can or other round device for kids to mix.

Ice cubes, crushed ice, snow… it will all work!
· 6 Tablespoons of rock salt (aka ice cream salt)
· 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
· 1 cup whole or 2% milk (don’t use less than 2%)
· ½ teaspoon vanilla

Fill the large bag about half full of ice. Add the rock salt. Set to the side. In the small bag, mix the sugar, milk and vanilla. Seal the small bag after you squeeze out most of the air. Make sure it is tight! Put the small bag inside the big bag. Seal tight as well. Shake the bag (with the small one in it) for 5 to 6+ minutes without stopping. Be careful vigorous shaking doesn’t break the big bag. Enjoy right away!

Variations: Add before mixing! Berry ice cream: add ½ cup slightly crushed fresh berries; Chocolate Chip: add ½ cup chocolate chips; Cookie: add 3 slightly crushed cookies. Try your own variations!

I haven't tried this is really HOT weather, might take a little more ice? But don't put in too much or it won't shake up enough. The coffee can is good for kids who can't shake the bag without breaking it open (or folks with too many beers?) you can roll it back and forth between a couple "kids".
Old 06-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Brownies

We're bringing two pans of my wifes famous brownies - they are very good, but IMHO they don't live up to their name -
(They're called "Better Than Sex Brownies)
2001 Honda XR650R

Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #78
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Eugene , Oregon
We'll bring a large green salad and dressings for the pot luck.

We're going to stay in Salem at an RV park and go to the vintage open house on Friday. Since we'll be so close, we'll have only a short drive up to Silver Falls on Staurday.
Kintscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #79
4 Rivet Member

Airstreams, food, and sunny (cooler!) weather - - how can we go wrong??? Darol
Old 06-29-2006, 10:33 PM   #80
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
ready or not

We leave in the morning. We'll spend the first nite in Cottage Grove Lake. Here is a picture of 63 Bambi "S Tardis" ready for her first trip.
Don & Claudia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bambi read or not.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	22992  
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote