Old 01-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #407
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
My wife found the answer to the cold. It's the M-Ball. I got an email from Jose today with the sad news.
Quote:
Typically, promotion items such as the Jose Cuervo Margarita Ball can be obtained only when a consumer-related offer is available. At the present time, we do not have such an offer available for the Jose Cuervo Margarita Ball.
I did find a look alike ball on ebay and that will have to do. The 4CU Rally next month will have a M-Ball at the happy hour.

Thanks again everyone for the great time. I look forward to seeing many of you at the next stop, Dead Horse Ranch!

Happy Trails Kev!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #408
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
29 Palms and our Arizona Troopers...

as the offical twentynine palms greeter (the only paid position at the rally) i'd like to thank you folks from arizona who took the time and effort to attend. as a special thank you, i've decided that perhaps i should attend and regift the california love your way.

i would ask you however, please, not to reveal the secret M-ball handshake, as that is for nor cal airstreamers use only and it is strictly forbiden in our unit's charter to reveal such sensitive information. please don't make me enforce paragraph 39, section 12, subsection 55, lines 49 thru 666.

i would encourage any californians thinking of attending, these are the nicest folks, on the planet, well, after us. please attend... this rally is being limited to 100 units. first come, first serve, unless your overly generous, then it will be larger.

richard, as a side note, you know that check i sent you? could you hold on to that for a few weeks, i'm a little short.

thanks,

kevbo

Old 01-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #409
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Wow, I just tuned in and you guys look like you had a ball down there except for the cold. I grew up in that desert riding motorcycles and it can be the most demanding place on earth at times but fun is always abundant. The coldest I've been in my life was in the Mojave desert in winter. Hope the FCU is warmer.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:07 PM   #410
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
The coldest people on the planet this weekend had to be Bill's family. I woke up Saturday moring to find I had no water going into the trailer. When I went outside to check it out, they had 2 tents set up next to his trailer. I found out later that they had an electric blanket, but they are one tough bunch. My water problem was my hose had turned into a 25' long popcycle. The next night I disconnected and drained the hose!

Richard

Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #411
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
I would have been "hosed" there too since we never traveled with heating wires for the hoses back then and who can blame you, its a waste of money until that once in a nino winter happens.
Now that I live in a four seasons climate, I'm amazed how well these trailers adapt with simple stuff. Well, it's heat for everything and you have to apply it everywhere but not hard to do.
I was in McCall and Stanley which often are the coldest spots in the 48 several times a year and low and behold, there is an Airstream there with people in it at -10 or lower, non skirted. These things are amazing but you have to go the extra step. Don't mean to get off track for you guys but I learned to have a "kit" for everything.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #412
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Tough Cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
The coldest people on the planet this weekend had to be Bill's family. I woke up Saturday moring to find I had no water going into the trailer. When I went outside to check it out, they had 2 tents set up next to his trailer. I found out later that they had an electric blanket, but they are one tough bunch. My water problem was my hose had turned into a 25' long popcycle. The next night I disconnected and drained the hose!
bill's group was tough. as the overly officious 29 palms greeter, i took it upon my self at 10pm friday night, in 18 degree weather to help bill's family unpack and set those tents up. that's why the greeter job paid so well. it's true, i read it on cnn.com

kevbo
Old 01-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #413
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
In case you were not at 29 Palms when Kevbo arrived,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c-130.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	30895  

Richard

Old 01-16-2007, 05:15 AM   #414
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Looks like you all had a great time, what's a little cold weath-ah!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #415
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
I finally thawed out and...

Man I had a great time in 29 Palms!

Sure the weather was a tad brisk...

I got to meet some new friends that I hope to see again.

By the way do you AZ people know AZflycaster is nuts?

Bill's family is just studly! I went staggering with my coffee Sat. Morn the world is frozen and these folks are bouncing out of tents!

Thank you list:

Thanks to Ron and John(Condoluminum) for M-ball salvation! If one M-ball is good two are great!

Kip hosted Sat night Outdoor Happy Hour #2 at the worlds strangest Airstream.

Silver bear who set up a slide show in the front window of his trailer.

Ron and Kevbo who got us out of the cold and wind for Sat night potluck inside a Club house and happy hour #1.

Debbie and Ron's Fri. night social in the tropic zone that surrounds their Moho.

Kevbo the Official greeter and to Ron who did the duty until Kevbo got there.

John (Condoluminum) who let me in to watch San Diego blow it.

John and Cat who are the best nieghbors in the world. Sunday night dinner was four star!

I am really impressed by the ladies who pull thier own A/S's and have that adventure spirit. You ladies rock!

Paula (Codybear) Who put together EVRYTHING!! and made it all run soo smooth. Way to go Codybear! You are the hero of this rally.

A very special thanks to John (Timemachine) and Ron (Str8stream) who helped me fix the roof of our shacks carport in Yucca Valley early Sat. morn in the snow with the temps in the teens. There is no way I can really express my gratitude for that one guys. Especially after what my dog did to Ron. Well he said the dog did it...

There are really too many to thank. As usual at a NorCal Rally everyone came together and helped everyone else in a myriad of things great and small that end up in a fantastic rally with great food , drink and more laughs than the law should allow.

The park even invited us back again!

Thank you all for the Expresso maker. We had left it in the trailer after we got home and went back to get it so we could make some Cafe Latte. Life is good.

Remember a NorCal Secret Handshake can only be taught in person to another NorCal attendee. No internet description is allowed. There will be a class at Cassini.

If the rest of the FCU crowd is anything like Az, You guys gotta go! It will be a blast!

Az, Look under party balls on the internet for M-balls. They are the perfect addition to any rally.

For all of you who wanted to get a portable fire pit like mine. The price is $200.00 or $50.00 for the plans which will tell you to get a washing machine tub and put legs on it and plug the big whole in the bottom with scrap metal like circular saw blades or metal dinner plates from Walmart. Actually if you saw it you should be able to copy it. So send the $50.00.

THANK YOU ALL for a rally great time!!!

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #416
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Thanks for the kind words!
BTW, The Fire Dancer can be found at Cabela's for $129 which is $10 less then I paid for mine. The ceramic logs were shipped to me by mistake, I would not have paid the extra money for them....

Cabela's -- Fire Dancer Portable Campfire

Richard

Old 01-16-2007, 12:03 PM   #417
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words!
BTW, The Fire Dancer can be found at Cabela's for $129 which is $10 less then I paid for mine. The ceramic logs were shipped to me by mistake, I would not have paid the extra money for them....

Cabela's -- Fire Dancer Portable Campfire
Richard, I just bought one of these babies for myself, with the log kit. This place has a sale going on now and you can buy one for $94.95, no tax and $11 UPS ground. I figured what the hay and got it with the log kit for $129.95. Besides being decorative, I think the ceramic log kit helps with the heating by retaining the heat better.

Sale Only $94.95 for the* Fire Dancer Gas Campfire and/or Patio Fireplace
Old 01-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #418
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by finncrew
Hi All~

Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome at the rally and for all the great information. We feel like real Airstreamers already! (Even though we have 2 more weeks to wait.) What a great community this is, both in person and on the forums. Thanks Again,

Finncrew,
Jim & Leslie
So, You going to join us again in Cassini?

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #419
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Good, Fresh, Brite

i'd like to thank the discovery channel for there most excellent efforts under trying conditions at the twentynine palms rally. i have received numerous requests from fellow airstreamers about the flower arrangements in the back drop, during taping.

shout out to yucca valley florist, "the flower fairy", in yucca valley. fresh flowers in 19 degrees is not easy, however they came through.

flowers arranged by "Kristiana" of silvertrailer.com

kristiana attended the rally was was kind enough to share her expertise with her fellow campers. nice to have such professionals around.

kevbo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	table 29 palms set up.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	30936  
Old 01-16-2007, 10:15 PM   #420
Mr. Peeps, Pull-It Master

2007 25' International CCD
Pleasanton , California
We just got home and it ain't much warmer here in Pleasanton. We learned it was 21F here last nite, but no broken pipes - thank goodness!!

We stopped in Manteca to have a few items on our Safari fixed at the dealership, then back on the road for the last 45 miles. From Twentynine Palms to home (520 miles), including a side trip to Pioneertown, we averaged 13.6 mpg in the new F-250 diesel.

Like the San Antonio Lake trip, I returned so jazzed about being on the road that I'm ready to get back in the cockpit tomorrow and drive to someplace warm, wherever that may be. We plan to attend the Four Corners rally next month, but only if the temperature is reasonble. This boy and girl were both born south of the Mason-Dixon line.

There certainly are many nice people who attend these rallies and the foray to the 'Palms was no exception. Paul Martin is a full-timer on the road in his AS, with a satellite dish for work, and we especially wish him happy trails. Perhaps he will post some of his many images of the rally.

Kevbo, as usual, it was a laugh - thanks.

Ron and Linda