Old 11-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #15
kds
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Frederickburg , Texas
I'm new to the Airstream Rally protocol so I don't know if this is kosher or not. I'm an airstream wanna-a-be and live close to Blanco. Is it okay if I come over just for the day for the rally? What do I need to do?
Thanks, I wish I had my airstream!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
You can't blame a girl (really middle aged woman with chicken obsession) for trying

Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic
Pattison , Texas
No Protocol to worry about. All are welcome!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
Shoreacres , Texas
To All,

Connie and I are sorry to say that we will not be able to make this year's rally due to a previous Holiday family event. However, we will raise our glasses in a toast to you all, and we will plan to be back next year.

We hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
Kingwood , Texas
Hello, I'm a new Airstreamer and interested in attending but would like more information. Can anyone help this Airstream newbie!! I just purchased a "77 Safari that needs some TLC. It is road worthy but I'm looking for "how to" advice. I plan to redo the interior and would like some ideas.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #20
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ortiz View Post
Hello, I'm a new Airstreamer and interested in attending but would like more information. Can anyone help this Airstream newbie!! I just purchased a "77 Safari that needs some TLC. It is road worthy but I'm looking for "how to" advice. I plan to redo the interior and would like some ideas.
Yes Robert, Most all of us have been newbys too, and someione can point youf ther right direction. Be sure to search the Airforums, there is a lot of valuable information there. Come to the holiday event you'll have a great time!

John
Old 11-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Blanco Rally

Am planning on attending the rally, bringing wife, 12 year old daughter and our 72-25' Tradewind.

Looking forward to meeting some other Texans with their 'Streams.

Robert I've put a lot of muscle in my trailer in making it mine. It was in good shape when I bought it but have done a lot of work on the interior. I don't have any special carpenter skills, just started slowly and began the work. Was a little nervous at first but it's been fun to update the trailer.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Sites left or available

I know it's a small campground, so are there any specific sites people will be in?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #23
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
I know it's a small campground, so are there any specific sites people will be in?
Usually the event organizers take is sites 5,6 & 7 but I believe it's really "first one first serve". Maybe somone else will clairafy this. As you said, it's a small park and most all the sites will be Airstreams. No sites are bad but at check-in, the Park office will help you find a spot that is the correct length, close to rest-rooms, the group & etc. I believe all sites are back-in, no pull thrus. If you have two-way radios it helps or usually a spotter is around if needed.

John
Old 11-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Blanco Rally

We'll be arriving on Thursday, anybody else?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #25
J&C
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
We'll be arriving on Thursday, anybody else?
Most likely, we will be arriving on Thursday late-afternoon. JB
Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Blanco Alternatives

Even though the park has filled up, there are private parks in the area that are a short drive from Blanco SP, and anyone wishing to participate in the Friday evening meal (just bring a plate, tableware, drinks, and a healthy appetite) or the Saturday festivities, pot luck, and gift exchange would be more than welcome to join the group.

The lights in Johnson City are worth the trip to see, and a multitude of State Parks in the Hill Country offer nearby camping.

As stated before, this is an INFORMAL rally.

What happens in Blanco stays in Blanco.

Like all Texas State Parks (I think) parking is first come first serve. The good thing is that the park is so small (how small is it???)...
It's so small that there are really no "better" spots - any spot will be near "Airstream Central" -

There are ALMOST ALWAYS last minute cancellations - the park has only been "full" a couple of times in the last six years, so drop in, if even for a day trip, and join in the "group" to pass a good time.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Blanco - This Weekend!!!

Just a reminder to any "first timers", or, "old timers" with a bad case of brain farts - don't forget the Gift Exchange.

Interesting is ALWAYS better than expensive - you could always pick up something at the farmers market around the square during the parade on Saturday morning. The farmers' market/craft fair always offers some choices.

Remember....it's not the gift - it's the argueing over it that makes it "special".

Tackey is better.

Looking forward to seeing all you 'Streamers in a couple of days.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #28
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I'll be thinking about all the fun you are going to be having and wishing you the best for this weekend's activities. There will be at least a half dozen trailers containing my favorite personalities attending this rally. Fun will be a foregone conclusion. May everyone arrive and get back home safely. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!