Old 09-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Castle Rock, CO & Boulder City, NV , CO/NV
Rockdocking 2008 Wyoming/Colorado

My wife and I have two camping spots we use to break in friends to Rockdocking. Rockdocking is having nothing but your trailer and the scenery around to support you. If I rated these two camping spots from (1) easiest to (10) Turn Around. These are Level 3's. The location in NW Colorado has about 40 miles of gravel county road for access and the Red Desert Wyoming location has about 15 miles of gravel county road from the asphalt highway. From both locations, we use Rock Springs, Wyoming as the "central" watering hole (Flying J- free water and dump!).

Both locations have history, geology, mountain biking, hiking, wildlife and places to explore with your tow vehicle. Each location would support ten trailers, easily. Probably more, but I have no idea how many RDers are out there... to learn, or at least build some confidence and share experiences. I have a photo of the Wyoming camping area on the "Boondocking the Rockdocking" thread earlier this week.

Are there any newbies and Rockdockers out there that want to have our own ASRD (Air Stream Rock Docking)? Any trailer, any level of off road camping experience. A time that works for most between June to September 2008 can be worked out. Any feedback? Questions?

Ray Eklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Castle Rock, CO & Boulder City, NV , CO/NV
To narrow the vagueness a bit more from my initial idea.

Three days at site #1, one day travel to site #2 and groceries in Rock Springs, three days or less (up to each RDer) at site #2. We usually have Colorado as the #1 and Wyoming for #2. Rock Springs, Wyoming is on I-80 and both camping site roads eventually connect to Rock Springs.

This is located on BLM land. The scenery, trees, grass, wildlife and geology are provided at no cost to you. You haul out whatever trash you bring in. Both locations are within 100 miles from Rock Springs, and we usually top off our fuel and water before going into the camp site nearest the county road exits. We travel with minimal water until the last leg of the trip. First come, first serve for camping location.

Amenities: None, Trailer Service: Fellow RDers, Tools: philips screwdriver

And if there is no interest, we understand. Your imagination is your only limitation... everything else is provided by nature.

Ray Eklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
If you set a date that you want to do the info (as you are doing), I'm sure someone will join you! We may if the timing is right...we love this sort of thing! Just have to juggle with other commitments...

Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote