Old 12-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up Rivettes Summer Solstice Rally

Rivettes Summer Solstice Rally

Lady Airstreamers follow the sun to its highest and spring into summer with us on the Northern Hemisphere's longest day. Come join us! Come sooner, stay later, come for the weekend or just for the day.

June 21-23, 2007

POOR FARMER'S RV SALES, SERVICE AND CAMPGROUND INC.
7211 N LOSTCREEK-SHELBY RD FLETCHER, OH 45326
PHONE (937) 368-2449 FAX (937) 368-2318

TourJacksonCenter with other Airstreaming women, visit local attractions in Dayton, or just have fun and visit!

Details
$20 a night elect/water--dump station on the grounds (no charge part of the camping fee) if we have to use air cond its $3 extra a night
some 50 amp sites (when you check in tell them you need 50 amps). Just pay for however long you intend to stay and if you will be using the airconditioning.
You can come early and stay late just make sure you tell them when you get in you are with the Airstream group.
40 pull throughs are across from the gathering place, I told the owner I thought we'd prefer them.
Pets/kids fine. Just like everywhere leash the pets/pick up any droppings.
New restrooms and bathhouses about 1,000 yards from our spot to the bathhouse.
6 miles to Superwalmart if we run out of anything.
Propane/repair stuff/all here they are a dealership and repair shop as well as a campground.
Gathering place (private for us) holds 30 people
This is a GROUP reservation, no need for you to call the campground individually!

Invite your friends, we have room for more!

Other Amenities

Picnic Table & Fire Ring at Every Site
Dumping Station
LP Gas Station
Heated Showers w/ Flush Toilets
Fishing Pond
Wildlife Area
2 Miles of Creek
Children's Playground
Basketball Court
Horseshoe Pit
Volleyball Court

Oh yeah, and don't forget your Rivettes Rally Gear!

Who's Going?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Look what you've done! Aren't you the one The First Rivettes Rally, wrapped up and ready for fun! Will check dates with daughters and hubby, to plan around. ~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Georgia, I just asked my daughter if she would like to attend today too. I am very excited that we can come together like this. It will be so much fun.

But I didn't do a thing. Vickie picked the location, Jamie picked the date, Suz met with Vickie already in person and has an idea of caravanning to this rally from the midwest forums rally and a get-together sooner for an afternoon of getting better acquainted (cool ideas!) And Steph has graciously offered her home as a place to gather and meet. And me, I am just too excited to keep from posting!

photography
Old 12-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Rivettes Rally

Great Idea.Went to web site for campground and they require @ least a 25ft trailer less than 10 years old ! Are they going to wave these requirements our 2007 Safari is only 20ft. Long.
Thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I hope that is the usual disclaimer that can be enforced by the management at their discretion. If not we will be needing an alternative location. River Ridge RV Resort is also in the same area and one of our attendees seasons there and is comparable in amenities.

photography
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Wow that looks nice - but Carol you know I don't do to well with rules so I wrote up some special rules just for the Rivettes: The ones listed on that campsite establishmen just will not dooooooo

1. Check in time - when you figure out how to get off the driveway....

2. Quiet hours are during our 100 attempts to park the trailer, and once mastered without hitting anything - there shall be a moment of silence.

3. The speed limit shall be 10 mph - however if any of us hit anything while parking we have permission to exit the park at whatever MPH we wish....

4. All vehicles must park in designated spaces only. Except if after 100 attempts we finally park the trailer straight and level to find that we are not in the designated space! than we shall vote to make it that persons new designated space.

5. Testing and repairing of vehicles not allowed but no mention of trailers? - Phew - ladies bring your tool boxes - I'll be coming with an ongoing restoration on a brand new axles and wheels.

6. Individuals without a current driver's license may not operate any motor vehicle - how the hell do we all get there then? - oh you mean in the park. Who's walking to the beer store?

7. Fireworks are not allowed in the Community - DO NOT LIGHT THAT OVEN!

8. Firearms are not allowed in the Community - "I swear I thought it was a Rivet Gun"

9. Alcoholic beverages are allowed in the community but may only be consumed on other peoples campsites. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the pool area unless in a plastic cup or in any other recreation are such as, bedrooms, patios unless accompanied by other adults.

10. Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their Children Except those who are Women and are here with their Airstream and any guest that we have are responsible for themselves. We are not held accountable for our actions if our Husbands or partner should sling a surprise visit.

11. Skateboards are a thing of the past, Bicycles shall be shared to go get the beer cause we can not drive and roller blades can only be worn on blue buggy runs.

12. Clothes lines are not allowed unless we deem it necessary to string our awning lights from trailer to trailer so that we can find our way back to the right trailer at the end of the day.

13. Ladies remember to bring your rubbers - donut's that is, as All sewer hoses must be watertight. All your hookups during the weekend must be in good working order....

14. Please maintain your campsite in a clean and tidy manner - you may sweep your trash under the trailer if time permits.

15. Campfires are only allowed in designated fire pits - if there is a lack of pits available there are plenty around they are sitting under the large white boxes.

16. Ladies there is NO smoking - don't you know that can kill you!

17. All campsites must be left in a clean and orderly condition and pick nick tables not run over or dragged out with you when you leave.

18. Cutting of trees is prohibited unless of course one of us accidently knocks one down, of which we have permission to use as firewood.

19. All visitors must register with the office - you must come with your trailer you may not take a bus.

20 Golf carts are allowed - try to keep them on the road and under 10mph -No off road travel is allowed unless you pick up your 4x4 kits at the office.

21. No tents or pop ups unless of course they are made of aluminum - the term "tin tent" comes to mind for me as I will have no services, or appliances!

22. Only one RV unit per camp site, unless rule 4. above has been violated and the parking space was already occupied at the time of parking.

23. All RV's must be 25 - feet in length, 10 years or newer and approved by Management.

Oh heck hope ya'all have a nice weekend..... I guess my 1961 26' Overlander will not meet inspection.) Maybe if I get it polished and locked the door so no one could go inside I could sneak in...
Old 12-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
So here is the plan - I will call ahead - then you all go to the office and complain about this and that with your campsite and I will sneak by the gate...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_9997.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	29492  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hey, how many of us have Airstreams older than 10 or shorter than 25????? Do they really mean this? ~G Oh, and Sharon, I nearly died laughing. Just too funny, and too close to home to be comfortable
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon that is the most terrific list of rules. I laughed out loud. I am going to print these up and hang one in my Airstream. What a writer you are!!!!!!

The campground message says open in April but I held on and left a message. I am also e-mailing. If they don't lift the ban then, "HECK NO! WE WON'T GO!"

Be assured ladies, each and everyone of you is a priority. I don't care where we go, but we have the time and the date, we will find a place. River Ridge is right down the road and just as nice and we will be welcome but I'll be scouting out others as well. The goal is to be driving distance from Hastings Michigan where one of us will be attending a workshop.

Although I think just for giggles we should try Sharon's master plan. What a way to kick off the festivities.

photography
Old 12-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Sharon , you go girl

Well this looks like a great time and Sharon always is lots of fun to be with...We miss her humor.. and Peter...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay the way I see it they could ask for each of us to send a picture of our trailer for approval...I will submit these...when I check in I will tell them that Ontario experienced some acid rain that blew in from Michigan....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	'60Overlandera-1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	29506   Click image for larger version

Name:	'60Overlanderb-1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	29507  

Old 12-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Well this looks like a great time and Sharon always is lots of fun to be with...We miss her humor.. and Peter...
Ah you choke me up girlfriend.....and boyfriend....

So here is the deal - why don't we sign up for this Rally Annie. We can travel together with the fellas - you with your Arogosy and us with the Overlander. When we get close to the park - we toss a coin as to whose rig gets to go in.. either way we have sleeping bags and a porta potti for the night so we don't have to venture outside .....and we will just show up at everyone elses door for breakfast, lunch, afternoon cocktails, dinner, and evening nightcaps.

Seriously will you go back to MI if I go with you and no dogs! - oh I can not do that girls are allowed so mine are coming. But since there is nothing in the front of the overlander - all four can have a hay day up there - could you just see Toby he would have a nervous breakdown for sure....
Old 12-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #13
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Hey hey sounds great!!

Yippee Carol!! Thanks for bringing all this together!! Take a bow!

I am so psyched!! We have a time, and a general location, so lets pencil in those calendars!!! We can surely find other campgrounds if the one we are looking at now doesn't like the older units (ours is a 96 so I'll be right behind Sharon on the sneak in set up)...

I know Sharon's rule #4 was written just for me,
" if after 100 attempts we finally park the trailer straight and level to find that we are not in the designated space..than we shall vote to make it that persons new designated space."
I'm ordering those hitching rods online tonight.
Its going to be so much fun!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Annie, yes do come. I want to see the Argosy too and what you have been doing to it. Perhaps we could even find a place to canoe. Once Sharon and you get going I think we will all be laughing so hard it will hurt, but hurt good. Here's a few pictures of your fur babies. Orie is bigger now but I know he wants to see his rally friends again.

And Steph, I think that rule should become permanent with the Rivettes, it's just one of those things that just makes a whole lot of sense.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toby.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	29519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ipuppylove.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	29520  

Name:	happycampers.jpg