Old 01-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #113
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Jamie,

I don't know about Sharon, but a good hefty cab goes with anything in my book.

Vickie

Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #114
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Holding up in Northern MI

Sharon, just saw your snow blower picture.........HOME WRECKER !!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With so many in this country dealing with the weather related problems, I hope my sistas and AS friends are safe and warm. We haven't had to use the generater since last winter but it's ready to go if needed.

Just above 0*C last night and currently about 22*C and sunny. I'm keeping warm and Ike is warmly dressed, complete w/thermal undies, working in (unheated) Cupcake fixing and re-installing a probably overloaded closet rod & shelf that came down. Hoping to leave for Gulf Shores in 3 1/2 wks, the fix-it & prep begin. And hopfully the new shocks will smooth the ride along with last June's new tires.

I have lost track of the tote details. Could we have an update or give direction to that post please? Oh, is it canvas and what are the dimentions of the bag?

Cheers to the creator of earmuffs!,

sue

p.s. I'll be away for a couple of days. Ike is having laser surgery on the other eye
Fri. So slow down on the posts ... it's hard to keep up!!!

2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy
Jamie,

I don't know about Sharon, but a good hefty cab goes with anything in my book.

Vickie
Good pick, Vickie! That'll work for me too. And how about a Sauvignon Blanc for those who want more selection?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #116
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Sue,

First of all, tell Ike we will be thinking about him. I hope everything goes well! GULF SHORES! That sure sounds good about now. Be sure and soak up some warmth for all of us that are left behind in the northern tundra. I am dreaming about warmer weather and our RSSR.

Good luck and stay safe on the road,

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #117
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hey Jamie,

That will work just fine. I will bring a few bottles of Michigan's sparkling fruit juices for Danielle and anyone else that needs an alternative.

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #118
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Annie, I am so glad to read that you are coming, we so enjoyed meeting you and touring your fifth wheel at the MDetroit rally last year! Not to mention drinking your homemade wine!!

Sue, hope all goes well for Ike! Glad you are going down to have some fun by the gulf!! Be sure to bring the sunshine back home when you return!

Ooh Indian food Jamie, sounds yummy, I can bring a mild/sweet coconut korma and rice.

Stay safe Nancy!! Hope we can see you sometime either at this rally or another!!

Sharon, now are those euchre rules gonna be Canadian or Michigan rules ?

Vickie, I am so glad the furnace was turned on in time to keep everyone toasty, its no joke how fast we can get cold up here, bet you really miss Louisiana this time of year! We love visiting La, especially Abita Springs/Mandeville/NOLA. Its a lovely state. Have to get over to Lafayette and Baton Rouge sometime!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #119
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
As stated in an earlier post there is an Airstream Dealership in the area of Jackson Center. It is Paul Sherry RV, 8620 N. County Road 25A, Piqua, OH 45356. In fact is off I-75 at exit #83. So for all of us that will be traveling south on I-75 we will pass it on our way to Fletcher. We actually exit I-75 at exit #82. So this dealership will be closer than Jackson Center should we need anything ASAP. It will be 15 minutes, 8.68 miles from Poor Farmers. Jackson Center is 40 minutes, 34 miles from Poor Farmers. Should any of us have an emergency I think will be in the right place. An Airstream emergency, that is.

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #120
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
Sharon, where in Texas is the Globetrotter? If it's in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area or thereabouts, sure I'd go check 'er out. Keep in mind, though, I am a novice Rivette and don't know as much as you experienced sisters.

Trust me, I'd rather be in h-e- double hockey sticks than in India in the summer!! It is bloody steaming HOT and stinky. It is a work related trip to visit a weaving consortium that makes alot of my designs. Been there, done that. The only food that does'nt make me sick there is cheese pizza!! I love curry, but I would not eat it in any restaurant there unless I had a death wish!!! I would however, eat it at the RSSR and wash it down with lotsa Cabernet

Jamie, gotcha on the list. Sue, the totes will be approx. 16" high and 18" wide, heavy canvas with two handles made of nylon woven strapping with a color print of Rosie the Rivetter and the RSSR new logo, date, etc. We are still trying to pin the price down (the printing costs are the highest part!)
Sis-in-law is studying for her stockbrokers license and can't even think about Rosie totes right now but I promise you all---we will come through. When the prototype is done I'll post pics and final specs so you all can make an informed decision about what you buy to carry your bottles around in
Sue, is Ike having laser cataract surgery or Lasik? Hope all goes well!

Does anyone play Double Nine dominos or Aggravation?

Okay, later.....

Nancy
Old 01-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Nancy ... Yes , we know how to play double dominoes... how about Mexican train dominoes or pegs and jokers or Sequence.??? I will be bring some great Riesling wine and California Trinity... Will have to restock the wine cellar when we get back to Canada..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Me, too!

Nancy, please count me in for one of your totes also. Lucky you, heading for Santa Fe in January, a sweet time to be there. I remember one January walking around downtown Santa Fe with a steady sifting snowfall that felt like fine April showers on my face. I'll never forget the powdered sugar look of the streets and parks, the scent on the air of pinon burning, the bliss of the sifting snow. . .lucky you ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #123
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow I'd better bring some nice Michigan cheese for some of this wine we're having...maybe some Pinconning might go with that Annie Greensprings

I've got a set of double 12 dominos (we can easily play double nines with) and I can bring the Mexican train stuff if we get around to that.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:44 PM   #124
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancreek
............Sue, is Ike having laser cataract surgery or Lasik? Hope all goes well! ..........
Okay, later.....
Nancy
Thanks for the tote info Nancy.
The laser Ike is having is supposed to help the drainage which, hopefully, will help relieve eye pressure from glaucoma. He is having a reaction to the glaucoma eye drops causing red eye rims. It doesn't hurt but looks really awful and flaming sore at times. I waited in a room during the first eye procedure and he was back in 8 minutes! At the follow up the Dr. reduced the meds from 3 diff. kinds to 1 for that eye ...... but the red rims continue. Thanks Nancy & Vicky for the kind thoughts. And Vicky, Ike said the thermal undies worked great. In this cold I think they will be standard issue for his daily rain, shine, heat, cold, only lighting & ice might stop him, 5 mi. walk. And the shelf/closet rod has been repaired & re-installed. whoopie!
Now where's that list with the other stuff? hummmm.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:09 AM   #125
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yup everyone always asks me if I want cheese with that "whine?" Let's have an appetizer bar. I love finger food. Well I love food, especially if I don't have to fix it. I have a stuffed mushroom recipe, maybe not as fine as 2AIR's at the Can Opener but if you like garlic butter I think you'll like it.

Nancy I need 2 totes because I owe Sharon one for winning the Rivetting Contest with her romantic evening shot in MoonBeam.

It's nearly freezing here in Perry Georgia tonight! Maybe ice in the morning. Hope it doesn't snow on my way back North, or I may have to turn around and go South.

I am getting so psyched for the woman's rally !!!

Here are some pictures of the convention center here. It is really nice here. Is anyone going from the woman's rally directly to the International, maybe hooking up with the vintage caravan and Shari?

Jamie can I ride your bike?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1254.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	30989   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1273.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	30990  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1278.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	30991  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:49 AM   #126
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hey there Carol,

It was great to see a post from you pop up! We have missed you! Glad that you made it to Perry OK. Be careful the weather is crazy all over.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Vickie

Air #5970