Old 01-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Sharon - So glad you were able to keep the Moonbeam name going. We certainly get attached to our "home away from homes". That is why ours is the "Betty Lou II". The "Dr. Moonbeam will be just as special because you will put your touch on it as well. Speaking of your touches, you are so talented on the logo designs. Way to go!!!

Fortunately, we were able to keep our inside temps at 63-64 degrees. We got up as soon as the power went off (4 AM) before the house temperature dropped too much. The propane heater (Mr. Buddy) and a roaring fire in the fireplace managed to keep it warm enough. If the power had stayed off overnight that would have become very difficult unless someone stayed up to keep those heat sources going. I'm glad we didn't have to do that. The upstairs furnace is now repaired and we are very toasty. Thank goodness!

Annie - so happy to see that you signed up for this rally. Glad to see Ontario will be so proudly represented. Even though our TT's "Costalotta" they are "Worthalotta" also.

This future rally gets more exciting by the day!

Vickie

Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #100
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Vickie... loved that one... I am just sitting here planning the restoration of our Argosy.. wish it was here and we could have at it.. but it is tucked away in covered storage awaiting our return in the spring...Hubby will be looking for inside storage for a workplace when we get back to Peterborough.... it is in storage away from our home...looking forward to seeing old friends Sharon, and Carol.. and meeting new ones..

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #101
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Is euchre something I can learn to play? My Grandma used to love the game, but I never tried it. Always thought I'd like it though.

I'm gonna bring my bike. It's not an efficient fold-up, just a cheapo L.L.Bean camp model I picked up about 10 years ago. But it still works and it's becoming a nice home for my favorite stickers collection.

We got a nice coating of ice yesterday morning (after a winter start of virtually no snow to talk of) and we're still coated with ice this morning at 9 degrees outside. Brrrrrr....

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey Jamie - sure anyone can learn euchre - it is a fun game - and if we luck out with the weather - a eucRiv tourney might be just the ticket. With Prizes being hmmm let me guess WINE!
We know that all our trailers can take at least four people sitting right - so it would be perfect.

If we get the floor repaired and most of the services in but have not quite reached the front area carpentry - new dinette then for sure I could put two tables and eight little stools in the front of the Overlander

Think I will go out and work on her now - heck NO have you seen the temp outside!!!! Annie this one is for you - a cool -23c today - cancelled Taz' Vet appointment cause I can't leave the other two in the car for more than a few minutes or the little puckster would freeze. And I do not do three big dogs on a lead especially at a vets office - yikes.

We are all cuddled up in front of the fire today....

Looks like the Bikes are going to rule Rivette Bikers - ha ha - get those red bandennas out! with holstered Rivette Guns
Old 01-17-2007, 09:53 AM   #103
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Jamie,

Sorry to hear that this ice has reached you. It's another sunny day here but our ice is still with us. Our high was only 24 yesterday. There were locations north of us a 100 miles or so that temperatures were below zero last night.

Don't knock you bike. The only reason I have a foldable is my husband took pity on me. Since I do so much lifting of Danielle he didn't want me having to lift my cumbersome bike into the back of the truck. I have to admit it could be a little tricky getting it under the cap.

I don't know how to play euchre but I'm always up to learning something new!

Vickie

Sue (eike1we), are you frozen solid yet?
Air #5970
Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #104
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy
Don't knock you bike. The only reason I have a foldable is my husband took pity on me. Since I do so much lifting of Danielle he didn't want me having to lift my cumbersome bike into the back of the truck. I have to admit it could be a little tricky getting it under the cap.
I do really like those fold-ups, and it would be so handy to have on the road. I should have said I don't have one YET. But I also love those 3-wheeler bikes that I see the older folks peddling around on the sidewalks when I go to Florida. They look like such a comfortable and easy ride, and a nice way to get around town. If I lived in the right place for one I'd have one in a minute. How much to you think I could tow with that?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #105
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Hey Jamie - sure anyone can learn euchre - it is a fun game - and if we luck out with the weather - a eucRiv tourney might be just the ticket. With Prizes being hmmm let me guess WINE!
Actually, euchre might be a good rain or shine game, no? Put me down for euchrette-in-training. I'll try to get a copy of the rules and get started at home.

We've got the fire going today too. But then we've got the fire going all winter long. The main floor of our house is heated with a single gas firestove -- no central heating system. It makes you feel warmer just looking at the fake logs burning away in the flames.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #106
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
I guess that would depend. Do you think you can beef up the suspension and add bigger axles to a 3-wheel bike? Seems like I have seen drawings of a bike pulling an Airstream. Maybe you'll have to beef up your suspension and axles!

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #107
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
I guess if I forget about the towing part, this port-o-trike might serve all my needs. It would be another costalotta though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	port-o-trike_original.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	30948  
Attached Images

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #108
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Oh my, what will they think of next? There is always a new toy. I think I have hit my limit though. It's just time to have fun. Speaking of that, I bought 12 flamingo plastic wine glasses the other day. I thought that may help set the tone for our women's rally.

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #109
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
It's snowing and sleeting in Dallas, too!

Whoa, Nellie, I thought I was tripping when I opened the drapes this morning and saw the snow on the ground! The forecasted ice storm which I wrote about over the weekend never materialized into anything substantial, and today's white stuff was never forecast. Go figure. Stupid weatherman.
Anyway, the whole city is paralyzed from the quarter inch of snow..... I'm going to go where there is some real snow tomorrow----my favorite place in the US---Santa Fe, NM. Skiing is great, and a few spa services----AHHHHH! Heaven! I just wish I was towin' the AS out there.

Tin Sista, consider yourself counted for the tote. Sharon, you're on the list...anyone else?(besides Carol--you're counted too) Vickie, you requested one or two didn't you? (I promise now I'm writing your names down on an actual list!)

Hope you gals stay warm up there in the Northlands! I'm sure by Monday it'll be 80 degrees here in Texas again!

BTW, I am trying to reschedule my India trip so I can come to the rally. I'd rather miss the rug trade fair in Jaipur than miss hanging out with all of you. I feel like you are all long lost sorority sisters and I'm potentially missing out on the best reunion! (Sounds like you all party like my sorority sisters!!! ) Have a great day! Guess I'll get out of the house and brave the snowflakes!

Nancy
Old 01-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #110
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
The trikes are not the easiest to peddle if they don't have gears! If you take a corner too fast don't think you can't tip it over!!

I picked one up after my ankle surgery back in 04 - so that I could get around the garden and do my spring planting - we rigged it up with a little trailer and basket held all my tools and things. It was a while before I could fully weight bare - but I was not going to be held out of my garden.

Yep Rain or shine we could do the Eucher thing - but if I vission my self on a lovely sunny day with wineskin in hand - would I be sitting at a table or would I be touring around with a bunch of Rivettes on their AScycles...I'll load up a few extra helmets and napkins for the droolers we're goin on a road trip II.

I'm stokin that real fire stuff with real wood - but it is cold out there - although warmed up considerably from this morning - now only -4.5c doable for a fresh air walk!

Nancy are you nuts!I love my airstreams.. but a trip to India??? have you been before?? if yes I can understand but if it is a life first - I would have to weigh India a bit higher than the RSSR - cuase you know what - as soon as us crazy ladies get together that will be it - Annual to semi annual to quarterly, to Monthly to weekly until we all chip into to purchase our own Rivette Park in the Sun - and when all our Hubbies have gone to the big A-Heaven that is where we will all be - in A-Rivette Park Heaven knocking back all the wine we will have stashed from all the Rallies we are going to have. And that new park will end up hosting the biggest International Airstream - Women's only Rally you could ever imagine..... So think it over Nancy......Still love to have ya though.

What are you doing with your time these days - want to check out another 69 GlobeTrotter for me - there is one for sale in Texas - listed in the classifieds....
Old 01-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #111
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Nancy,

I talked with my family in North Louisiana this morning. They are getting a mix of freezing rain and sleet. Strange weather! Be careful until your 80 degree weather arrives to melt the white stuff.

I would hate for you to miss out on your trip to Jaipur, but it would be great to meet you. Please keep us informed on the outcome. Yes, I did request 2 totes. One will be mine and the other is for Danielle. We really appreciate the hard work that you and sister-in-law have done to make these for us. I can't wait to see them!

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiancreek
Anyway, the whole city is paralyzed from the quarter inch of snow.....
Sounds like when we lived in DC. They'd wait until 15 inches of snow was on the ground, then start figuring out a way to get the blades on the tractors. By the time it melted, the plows were ready to go.

Me too, me too -- I want a tote!! Add me into your total please.

If you have to reschedule Jaipur, we should try to find a way to make it up to you somehow. Let's see, we could do dutch oven curried chicken for one of the meals and maybe figure out how to make naan on a griddle. I'll pack the chai tea. Yum! Outdoors Indian cooking could be really good... And, Sharon, what kind of wine would you serve with that?

-Jamie

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650