Old 01-12-2007, 06:37 AM   #85
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Good Morning All,

I spoke with Carol(wheel interested) last night. She is going to go by Poor Farmers to look it over and get some pictures while at Jackson Center. She is enjoying Florida in January.

Yea Sue! We can do this! It's going to be a blast!!! We hope that others will soon join us in this unique opportunity.

Vickie

Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #86
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Dallas , Texas
I found my way over to the new thread!

Hey girls, I've been over at the wrong watering hole! That'll learn me for not keeping up with the forum. I've just been so damn busy. Thanks Vickie, Sharon and tinsista for going back to the old thread and rescuing me. Jamie and Sharon, can you get me the new Rivettes logo in a pdf file? I'll PM both of you with my email address.
My last post in the other thread will explain the status of the totes........ The summer solstice/rosie theme is too fabulous!!

I am still scheduled to be out of the country when ya'll are rallying.......
But I will be there in spirit. Maybe I should send my little Rosie action figure in my place to help you party.

Anyhooooo..... those of you who want a tote bag will have one in time. We'll make sure they are sturdy enough to carry those bottles of Annie Greensprings, bourbon, beer and the more recent, tasteful wines which I hope you're all embibing!

I'll be checking in more often now.... can I get a head count on the totes?

Carol, are you in Florida?

Ya'll take care!

Nancy

Old 01-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #87
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Sign me up for a tote please/misc rally stuff

Hey Nancy, hope you have the count that you need for the totes.

Rivettes, I am so excited about this rally I already started a checklist for things that this sista should not forget to bring to the rally!!

So under fun stuff ....just a few random thoughts...

I thinking of packing some playing cards(euchre?)/dominos(Mexican Train)/trivia games just in case ...

Also was wondering if anyone else is thinking about bringing fishing gear or bikes or canoes/kayaks? I guess the fishing thing would involve licenses and there's a Walmart near the campground that sells Ohio fishing licenses.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
So is it cold now in MI?????

Finally getting our winter got 9 inches yesterday and now it is -20c

I'm signed up for the Rally too now - but I may be changing my forum name to OL2661 in the next couple of weeks so don't think I have disappeared or think we have another unsuspecting Rivette. But I am hoping to convince the new owner to come along and bring her Mother as well.

Nancy don't rush on the totes on my account - I can wait until the Rally no Problem!!!!

On a side note....

I had pulled the snowblower out on the 6th of December the last snow we have seen since yesterday. I had a hard go of it - kept slipping in the reverse gear and the gear shift wasso stiff - got better as I went along so I just thought it was a bit of rust - being a dippy woman an allllll...

So I thought I would yank out the manual and see what I could do to service it - scratching my head and going yep yep yep I think I can do that.

Check and adjust the drive cable, check and adjust the drive disc - no problem - first remove the skid plate at the bottom.. and OMG I found the problem - half the nest in the lid and the other half in the drive unit!!! I guess cause we had 2 months without snow - very unusual for this neck of the woods - the Squirrel thought the area would make a nice home for the winter. Obviously he moved out and is now living on a shelf in our garage - snuggled into an old wool floor camping blanket. As the blower has been moved to it's winter spot - close to the house.

An hour of cleaning later and I was set to blow the 400' driveway and all the paths! and she worked like a dream!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6672.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	30926   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6673.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	30927  

Old 01-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #89
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Tin Sista,

I'm right there with ya! I, too, have started my list. I didn't think about fishing gear. I may consider bringing Danielle's. But then maybe not. She gets to fish while at our campground. My main focus will be hangin' out and laughing a lot. I just cannot wait. My folding bike is always with me. Are going to bring yours?

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #90
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista

I thinking of packing some playing cards(euchre?)/dominos(Mexican Train)/trivia games just in case ...

Also was wondering if anyone else is thinking about bringing fishing gear or bikes or canoes/kayaks? I guess the fishing thing would involve licenses and there's a Walmart near the campground that sells Ohio fishing licenses.
Might haul that canoe - if I knew we were going to do some? Or even the Yak - but I will be lucky if I get the Overlander there in one piece

Can't imagine us sitting still long enough to play cards or dominos I don't mind both games - but......a heck of a long way to play those games when I could be chewing the fat more.

Maybe a came of Croquet - even at night we could get the glow balls from Wal-mart from the pet section and stick glow in the dark stars on the hoops and spray the end pole with glow in the dark spray paint. We could tick the neighbours off by having a midnight game - and hang little fairy bells off the hoops so everytime a ball goes throw they ring.

Fresh air, fun and exercise I'm there..... I think a 24hour wine and cheese party sounds great too - and for those who don't drink - what about the various NA apple wines and fruit wines...
Old 01-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #91
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Yeah Sharon its finally cold in MI, and we have more snow so it looks like winter again. Its 6 degrees F now. I was getting worried awhile back about that global warming thing the grass was getting greener it was in the 50s and I thought I'd have to get the mower out again...

Wow Sharon what a surprise in the snowblower!! Way to fix it!!! I have to confess I've been reading our Airstream manual and stuff to get less nervous about this!

Vickie, I will surely bring my bike! I hear ya about hanging out and laughing that's at the top of my list!!

I think the campground has a little fishing pond, and there are some lakes nearby too. Might be fun to flyfish, though always a challenge in the east with all our trees and narrow rivers...
Old 01-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #92
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
.......Vickie, I will surely bring my bike! I hear ya about hanging out and laughing that's at the top of my list!!....
I'll bring mine too - picked them up last year while we were in Florida - ordered from the Texas online Wal-mart - real funny set up - but got them shipped to a Wal-mart up by Annie in Tampa - when they came in we made a day trip of it and stopped in to visit with "happycampers".

They are very cool - sturdy 5 speed - and fairly comfortable on the butt - would not want to do any mountain biking with them - but they pack down to a manageable size for long distance travel packing.

That is Peter the hubster, Haily the white dog and Taz the black dog and MoonBeam in the back ground at Paradise Park - visitor parking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4409.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	30928  
Old 01-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #93
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Sharon,

Vickie here, that's a nice looking bike. I especially like the Airstream blue color. I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone. I sure hope that you can convince the lady that bought Moonbeam to come along. Do you name for your other Airstream?

You know girls, I think we are going to have a blast no matter what we do!

We in SW Michigan had freezing rain. My family and I spent all day yesterday trying to stay warm. Our power was out for about 16 hours. When the power did come back on one of our furnaces would not work. The repairman left about 6 PM this evening. Finally warmth. Also, we without phone service until noon today. I'd rather have snow any day rather than ICE!

Thinking of warm breezes,
Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #94
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Well Sharon... Do you think we will have a trailer ready to go for this rally??? Hopefully we will have the Argosy up and running by then... you go girl..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #95
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Girl- Annie - how are you??? You should jump in here more often.

I would like to wager that between us we should have one of them remotely ready

But like the girls say - come one come all with or without your Airstream - I'll ride that fancy Airstream Bike if I have too - might be a tad difficult to sleep on - but then with the amount of wine that will be hanging about - that could be a very good possibility as well.

Wow Vickie - were your teeth chattering!!! Our furnace died this past weekend too - not because of power outage though - so we could still plug in a few space heaters but we had the super duper fireplace going full tilt.

As far as a new Name - although un-official - we started off with S.S. Lighthouse under the pretense that we would not be able to use MoonBeam - but we are able to keep the "MoonBeam" name but with a bit of a twist So the new name will be DR MOONBEAM, the prequel. When the deal is sealed and she is officially in the care of her new owner I will re-open my Moonbeam thread and close her off and start the new thread under the new name. My bigger concern is the forum identity. I can no longer stay GT6921 which reps the GlobeTrotter, 1969 21 foot. Hence the upcoming new handle of OL2661 Overlander 26 foot 1961. (Thought of OL6126 but it does not roll off the tongue as well as OL2661! )

I have designed a new logo for her too but don't really want to launch it yet here at the forums until the deal is done.....bad omen and all....

I can not wait for the RSSR!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #96
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Sharon... Well I have signed up for this rally... looks like lots of fun.. am getting very excited about doing the Argosy... and selling the 5th wheel..plans aplenty.... ... we do miss you both.. going to the Tampa RV show this weekend...
WBCCI 10103
Old 01-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #97
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Sharon... Well I have signed up for this rally... looks like lots of fun.. am getting very excited about doing the Argosy... and selling the 5th wheel..plans aplenty.... ... we do miss you both.. going to the Tampa RV show this weekend...
That is great - hey don't sell that 5th wheel to quickly - might just have to throw one of those pewter covers on her and stick a Wally logo on the front and some extra red numbers and go in disguise ...what 5th wheel???? That's no stinking 5th wheel.....that was my brain fart

Bring on the Argosy!! we will toss a coin as to which one all the efforts get put into - with four of us we should get something done.

PS do you have a name for her yet???
Old 01-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #98
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Costalotta 2

WBCCI 10103