Old 11-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #743
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Nahh!

Peter doesn't want to go to the Rivettes rally cuz he thinks he will have to keep up with Larrita!!! Now that was a riot! I would LOVE to see Peter "in drag". Larrita says s/he would love to see it too! LOL
By the way...did you all vote for the Rivette Rally of the year???

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #744
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I havent yet, but im going to do that right now!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #745
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1963
Well - first this is world wide forum - so unless we have some sort of pass key I would think any and all are welcome at any time.......

Now when it comes time for the Rivette Rally - that maybe a different story...if the fellas started showing up on a regular basis then how could we call it a Rivette Rally

....but I am by no means a spokesperson I only speak on my own behalf.... My husband is scared to show up to a Rivette Rally -not because of the other Rivettes - mostly because of me - but his inept fear of having to follow in the footsteps of Laritta

There is no warnings here though - so if someone steps out of line I can not guarantee your safety against a Rivette Mob
Okay, I take that as a definite maybe. Did I get it right?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #746
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Michigan & Men

I'd be game to try Michigan though it would be +700 miles without going to the tip of the mitt. It's been years since I've been there and remember it fondly - except for the bugs! As long as we don't go in "noseeum" weather I'd be game.

Men... well if they want to come I've got no objection, but I do think we should have at least one day where they wear kilts or dress in drag. Larita set a very "unique" standard which deserves to be perpetuated.... (I doubt it can ever be equaled or exceeded!).

Picking up my new truck tomorrow.

Paula
Old 11-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #747
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi Gals,,, i truly believe that no living being can top Larrita,,, an absolute riot,, and such a grand idea,,, thanks Lou for sharing him with the ladies,,, best and happy trails,, donna in montana
Old 11-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #748
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey all has everybody rested up and recovered from Thanksgiving?

Step Step - left right and hold for a count of 10 - and breath ahhhh good...

Now getting back to the topic of Rallies...

How about virginia

Virginia is for Horse Lovers: Virginia Is For Lovers

Pretty centrally located. And a really diverse and interesting State as well with lots to do!

For those into the shopping - into the horses - not just the races but trails or different types of races and events, music.

Could be a good spot to encourage more Rivettes out there being more centrally located - and not too far from MI or ON either Make for a nice adventure trip...and we know that there is a perfect Rivette that would be just a fab hostess - eh Paula - you must know some pretty good hot spots for the ladies...

I'll go shopping to pick up my race hat - wow sharon in a dress - that would give Laritta some pretty good competition now wouldn't it. I would have to fight Peter off too Laura

Just my suggestion - and if the horses or country side wants to be subed for the Sea Side that is great too and all in the Same State.....
Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #749
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I'm so confused, who am I fighting off?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #750
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey all! How is everyone? My feet are up I baked my last loaf of bread today and I refuse to bake bread again until well ok maybe Thursday...tee hee

I like the idea of a Michigan rally and as Sue also suggested maybe a regional one as well? Personally I can't see myself leaving the child for more than a long weekend, my apron strings don't stretch too far right now.

Paula good luck with your new truck, how exciting!! Post pix please
Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 AM   #751
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Maybe we should go up near the Big Mac for a rally, that would be cool!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #752
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Great thoughts for a Michigan rivette rally....not to rule out a regional rally elsewhere...

Its great up there near the bridge Laura, and lots to do whether its hiking, boating, fishing, or shopping (Mackinac City has a new outdoor shopping area that is really nice)

I'm also wondering (re: Michigan rally) about state park v. private, state parks are usually more scenic but you need to buy the annual pass and to make reservations ahead, etc. Private parks might work better for a group, usually group sites in state parks have no hookups and are a great distance from the showers/restrooms....which might not appeal to some...

Just thinking...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #753
Renee

1964 24' Tradewind
Portage , Michigan
Big Mac

Hey Steph,

I'm gonna chime in, although not a part of this rally - the Mill Creek campground in Mackinac is pretty nice. Some of the sites are right on the water, overlooking either the Bridge or the Island.

The sites in the full-hookup area are pretty close-knit - just as an FYI.

Cheers!
Renee
"20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Operation "Save Rudy" Strike Team (honorary member)
Felix'64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #754
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey Renee,
Thanks for the info...sure hope you decide to come to the rally!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #755
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Time to Anti IN Rivettes

Okay RIVETTES - lets KICK START 2008 and get brainstorming on the 2008 Rivette Rally
We have tossed in lots of different ideas - I was also thinking of Niagara Falls in the Spring might be a neat adventure too....or a stretch of Route 66 and setting up a mini caravan (duration meaning mini and not just 2 rigs )

......but then I got to thinking on...Variables Variables Variables....so lets get some variables sorted out first...Chime in with your answers when you can and lets see what we can work with.

1. A place that as many Rivettes can get to as possible. How far are you willing to drive?

2. Anti IN Gals....anyone out there that is remotely interested in trying out their solo towing skills - sign in so we can start plotting the radius....

3. How many days can you be away?

4. Spring (Late April/May) or Summer or Fall is better for you?

(We could organize 2 events for different times to capture as many Rivettes as possible) - those that can make both - great. At least if we run two then we may be able to get a lot more Rivettes out for some fun.

5. Preference for travel? (Caravan or don't mind total solo)

6. Can you or would you like to cross the border? USA/CAN Border
Driving distance sometimes a short cut through CAN saves hours and miles. Also not rulling out a possible Rally location too - double advenutre - "international" travel (we need a smilie with a Rivette Hat or something eh).

(Although I wish I was talking the USA/MEX border about now - with this winter we are having - Now I am trading in my shovel for a couple of paddles and a new pump for the basement)

Sooner or later we will find the perfect solution - but keep in mind not everyone will be able to make it and the centre hub may not be the perfect spot for all desires either. (outdoor activities, museums, shopping etc)

There has to be more silver sisters (silver meaning hmmm young or wise with some sort of airstream- even if you are dreaming of owning an airstream) out there that would be interested - so hope if you happen upon this thread to pipe in - introduce yourself and lets see if we can organize a couple of great gatherings, resulting in new adventures on the road.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #756
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
LadyBug Antying IN

Distance - to the ends of the earth.....seriously - a days drive about 8 hours - althought my last Rivette Rally took me well over 10 hours - cause of parts falling off the trailer

I can be away as many days as I like - as long as I can afford the gas and food a week would be fine - day in for travel day out for travel - 3 days for Rally 2 actually with one to nurse hangover before driving home

Can also take extra to offer to drive with anyone who may want to have a caravan - from the east to the west or from the west to the east....any who may need help over the border and want a familiar face I can do that too.

I like the Spring and Fall times better this year - only because we will be buiding in the Summer - so I hope I don't run into any conflicts - I think for families too it might be harder to work around their summer vacation schedules too.

I'll skip on the shopping - bring my bike for riding trails - or rent a canoe, kayak or paddle boat for those of the gentle water riders....I might take in a museum - as long as I am not the exhibit! But seeing the Falls in the Spring with the run off that is expected this year and a trip on the Maid of the Mist - would be, well one of those things I could check off on my big list of things to do before I die - one day way way way in the future that is.....