Old 08-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #645
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
There are so many ideas that can be had----my method with something like this is NOT to rush into it.....take a minute to think of what each of you would like to see in a flag - colour, subject matter - even if it is something to do with your own trailer, model or logo.....

Toss them out here - that way a design can be such that it is flexible for future additions - but still outstanding in it's original form....functional, as well as visually pleasing and you can make out what it is at quick glance....

Sewing rip stop there are endless possiblities - and we really do not have to have one solid colour in the flag - it can be two separate colours or more - to get your inexpensive colour - rather than through the graphic itself...means a bit more sewing - but I am sure that I can help on that area too....

I remember making really cool kites for Peters work....we used green and white rip stop and I made up a pattern for the kites we then had a section of the green silkscreened first - then I sewed them up and the final touches put to the them (grommets, kite tails and balsm sticks - that each slid into their sewn pockets (gosh I remember having to make something like 50 of them - they were for a huge Garden festival of potted plants or something - but they were very easy to sew with the right tension and thread....

So come on girls - what do you want to see fluttering from your trailer or separate ground stand....

Carol just love the card come avatar - Lou you got that one pegged perfectly!!!! I must get to see Carol one day in a fancy hat like that......

Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #646
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I have a hat like that too, lol. I remember the day my brother-in-law was teasing about older women wearing hats like that, when I whipped mine out and said, "like this?" You should have seen his face!

Could we get embroideried emblems to affix? How about an applique set of patterns and WE CAN SEW IT! I want a shiny pink ladies jacket. Maybe we can put our rivette numbers on our sunglasses next to the rhinestones.

Keep the ideas coming. Myself I would probably want a banner or truck pennant as I do not anticipate having a flag pole, but then we can each have our druthers. We are very accommodating are we not?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #647
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow that is a great avatar Carol--great work Lou!

So many cool ideas here for the flag! The patches/embroidered emblems for each rally sound super!

Off topic, btw I saw a pink pirate flag with a skull and crossbones it said "pirate girl" thought it was a hoot...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:27 PM   #648
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Red

Our Rosie in that red bandana on a silver/gray background with her "pose" would look way cool all by itself!!! At least I think so. It is simple and says it all without alot of other shapes and wording. I like the streamer and patch ideas tho. I think it would look way cool on a banner like the pink one that I made for the rally. That hung great and I did not need the flagpole thingie to worry about. I put mine on a shepherd hook and it worked just great. I could hang it just where I wanted it.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #649
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Can they be in different sizes? Can we have smaller ones too? What is the size of those?

photography
Old 08-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #650
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Can they be in different sizes? Can we have smaller ones too? What is the size of those?
Since the custom flag shops' flags cost an arm and a leg to have done, I figured we were going to make our own. A few of us can sew. My pink banner one was not quite 2X3 ft.by the time I got the hems on all of the edges. And we can make them any size that we want to make them.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #651
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's great. I like the classic Rosie one too. Will the background affect the graphic colors? I know she looked criper on white than on the heather sweatshirt but that was an iron on I imagine. She was looking a might yellow, poor dear.

photography
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #652
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
background color

I am afraid that I don't know the answer to that question. Wish I knew someone who was expert at silk screening. Do we have anyone like that here on the forums?? When we get Rosie enlarged, we will have to do some footwork and find out more about how to get her transfered to the fabric...and maybe someone will be able to tell us. Maybe Sue or Jamie or Paula or Steph will know??????
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 AM   #653
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Rivettes are starting to gather again

It was great attending the Louapalooza rally and seeing many of our Rivettes again, Steph, Suz, Sharon, Lou, and I all had another chance to meet and this time we added two more silver sisters to the fold, Laura and Holly! YEA!

But there's something amiss because some of the girls are starting to move on out again. More on that later. For now, guess who just breezed past in another rush? Our International ambassador has just made yet another border crossing and she may just be headed to a location near you! Watch for Lady Bug because she is once again in flight.

Sharon and Peter joined Brad and me with their girls Taz and Hailey, and our Baron and Orie were as happy as we were to have company! We had a lovely visit and now they are off touring Western Michigan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3323-01.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	43570   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3324-01.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	43571  

Name:	_MG_3294-01.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	43572   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3309-01.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	43573  

Name:	_MG_3306-02.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	43574   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3319-03g.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	43575  

Name:	_MG_3302-02.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	43576  

photography
Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 AM   #654
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Great pictures!

Hey Carol! Looks like a fun visit! Wishing Sharon and Peter a safe and happy journey through our beautiful state!!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #655
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Lady Bug

Wow! Sharon and Peter must have gotten lots done on the "new" little Lady Bug. Hope that they are having a very fun trip in Michigan. Maybe next year they can venture a little further to Ohio!
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #656
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
We have good friends who's business includes computerized embroidery and silk screening. I could ask Q's and get quotes on a final design.

Also, does anyone remember those window stickers you could collect while traveling? Of course you don't ... you're all too young. Anyhoo, in the 50's you'd buy one, say at a gas station, wet it and apply to a window amassing proof you had had a wonderful vacation or how well traveled you were. I ordered some with our Corvette club logo long, long ago and was thinking "Silver Sisters" or Rivettes. Maybe we could check into that too. Of course, they now are heavier & have adhesive. Applied to the inside, there are no adverse effects from the elements. Just a thought, perhaps after the flag thought is worked out?
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #657
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Wow Sue great--nice of you to offer to check it out!! The decal idea sounds awesome too!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:05 PM   #658
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
We have good friends who's business includes computerized embroidery and silk screening. I could ask Q's and get quotes on a final design.

Also, does anyone remember those window stickers you could collect while traveling? Of course you don't ... you're all too young. Anyhoo, in the 50's you'd buy one, say at a gas station, wet it and apply to a window amassing proof you had had a wonderful vacation or how well traveled you were. I ordered some with our Corvette club logo long, long ago and was thinking "Silver Sisters" or Rivettes. Maybe we could check into that too. Of course, they now are heavier & have adhesive. Applied to the inside, there are no adverse effects from the elements. Just a thought, perhaps after the flag thought is worked out?
Sounds great! Glad to hear that someone will be able to check out the silkscreening thing. I AM OLD enough to remember those stickers. That was before the advent of plexiglass and my dad used to grouch about stickers on the glass! LOL

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2