Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #631
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
I'm wondering about a Rosie decal for a flag, you know with the rivette logo the ladies made? Either for the solstice or the we can tow it...It might be possible to print one out from the computer, but I just wonder how it would stand up to rain. Or maybe just to go to a printer with the logo...hmmm. Great ideas Lou!! I've seen the grommets in stores...your airforum flag looked awesome.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #632
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I love that banner, so professionally done. Great work Lou and Larry.

Poor Steph even missed Open House with her children's crafts. Next year we will have to have a longer rally to spread out the schedule.

Was wonderful that we were fortunate enough to have three great crafting tables going at once. We need to get Candie in the Rivettes too!!! Lou P. are you listening???

Rosie flag would be cool!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #633
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
I like the hot pink for a flag background color, but I think any color would be cool with Rosie on it. I'll check into the decal thing and test it we're having enough rain, should be able to tell in a couple days
Old 08-09-2007, 12:41 PM   #634
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
DEcal

You can take the graphic to a shop that does tee shirts...The kind that they iron on. They can make a decal out of vinyl that is ironed onto the flags. I had Loren design ours to look like the Air stickers. We saved it to a flash drive and took it to our local business center. He does tee shirts and sports team apparel. The graphic can be enlarged if they have computer skills. The flags have to be made and ready once the decal is done. The decals can be ironed onto the flag by the tee shirt maker with their industrial strength flat iron thingie. The rain will not harm that kind of decal. They are hand washable.
They cannot iron them onto nylon tho. The nylon melts. If you did the design on nylon it would most likely need to be silk screened onto that. Does someone have the graphic for Rosie? I like the Rosie with the fist/muscle showing! Love that bandana look.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #635
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Oh that sounds like a sweet thing, get flags, I would take one if we could get some made!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #636
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Lou what fabric was your flag? Now I understand polyester holds up well those 70s leisure suits still look new I can find out about decals, I am a beginner at sewing and have no machine yet so let's see...
I wish we could do it in Jamie's cool cafe press shop, but it doesn't look like they have that option available now.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #637
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I am anxious to see the graphic on a flag or banner. I think a little truck pennant would be cool too, flapping in the breeze while caravanning.

photography
Old 08-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #638
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
So what ideas are there for the flag ladies? Should we use the summer solstice logo or the we can tow it? Shapes? Colors?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #639
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
colors

Keep in mind that if we use a ripstop nylon and use a graphic that is to be silkscreened, then we need to limit the shapes and colors. The more cuts that have to be made and the more colors, the more costly it gets. I was thinking of just using Rosie and putting it on a silver gray flag. AND the flags have to be made before we can get them screened. Otherwise our costs go way up. Unless someone has a really good source for flags?? Custom made ones are wayyyy expensive.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #640
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Just a suggestion: The Rosie/we can tow it logo seems like the overall basic image. Each event, like the summer solstice/'07, changes. Perhaps Rosie on the flag with streamers added (rivetted) for each attended event? I can see it snapping in the breeze! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #641
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
good

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Just a suggestion: The Rosie/we can tow it logo seems like the overall basic image. Each event, like the summer solstice/'07, changes. Perhaps Rosie on the flag with streamers added (rivetted) for each attended event? I can see it snapping in the breeze! ~G
Good idea!!! I like that! Sharon said that when she has an opportunity she can work on Rosie image that will be big enough for a flag. A 2'x3' flag with Rosie..We Can Tow It!...would be really cool!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #642
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Perhaps Rosie on the flag with streamers added (rivetted) for each attended event? I can see it snapping in the breeze! ~G
Hey girl awsome idea!!!! The boat snap system would also work just perfect - and Lou and the Gals could sew up small "Patches for each Rally or Caravan that just snap on - and when not on the flag could snap on to the trailer somewhere

I would drill snaps all over the LB and snap up the memories.....
Old 08-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #643
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I like them both actually...if we deleted the summer solstice text it would not be limiting, afterall we are practically sunshine girls at heart.

Can we have either or or do they have to be the same? Also can we add to ours to customize with name perhaps?

G I like the ribbons/streamers idea!

What no Rivette numbers next to the WBCCI and forum numbers???

photography
Old 08-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #644
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
. . .What no Rivette numbers next to the WBCCI and forum numbers???. . .

There's a new rivette-ing idea~tee hee! Way to go, Carol ~G

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote