Old 01-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 45 minutes Total Est. Distance: 448.53 miles

Yep I will need a drink and a stay over!! Unless I find a halfway point say in a Niagara-on-the-Lake Winery to hang out in and not in a barrel but in the Airstream....

Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #44
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Yep I will need a drink and a stay over!! Unless I find a halfway point say in a Niagara-on-the-Lake Winery to hang out in and not in a barrel but in the Airstream....
Sharon, you are more than welcome to stay over at our place, I'll pm you the location! Bring Annie too!

Old 01-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #45
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Lakewood Village Resort

Hey hey, info update...
I called today and spoke with Edie, she wants me to call again on Friday to follow up. Luckily, we have an AOR membership so she says we can all get in as long as we are all out by 6/28 (Coast to Coast members have the peak season priority over all others). Prices, if you have an AOR or Coast To Coast membership, that's what you pay. If not she said its between $20-30 per night full hook up (they are changing prices from the website and she'll have new numbers on Friday). She said there are no length/age restrictions for our trailers, and she said they have enough pull throughs for us(yee ha, I know my hubby will sleep better knowing that! ) I told her 6 trailers that I knew of, not written in stone of course--she really seemed happy with the idea of a woman's rally. If we like the idea I'll be sure to get something in writing. No deposit was requested.
Paula (Foiled Again)
Jamie (DougJamie)
Suz
Vickie (Mrs Towdaddy)
Sharon (GT6921)
Steph (tin sista)

I'm sure I missed asking something so be sure to get me back on track before I call on Friday!
Whatcha thinkin rivettes?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
I am likely to pull a Carol and come home with a brand new one
Speaking of Carol, where is she these days? Still down in Fla? I miss her wit and wisdom. (Not that you other ladies aren't witty and wise too.) Hope she has some great pics to share on return...

Someday we really have to do a winter Rivettes rally in Florida!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Wow Steph! What else could we want? It sounds perfect! I'M IN!! Hooray!! Thanks so much for following through on this.

Do we make our own reservations? Also how soon should we do this? What is the next step in the process, since this will be my very first rally. As my daughter, Danielle, says, "GIRL POWER"!

Counting the days,

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
You Tow, Girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey hey, info update...
What's AOR?

I'm gettin' excited just thinking about getting on the road with Ms. Sally the Bambi again. And pull-thru sites too? You da woman, Steph!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Carol's Whereabouts!

Hi Jamie,

I too miss Carol. She is at Topsail in Florida. She went down for the Can Opener Rally but had additional days reserved after the rally. She was then going to a meeting in Perry, Ga and on the Jackson Center for some repairs. I tried her cell this morning but she did not have it on. Bradley gave her a new computer just before she left and she did not have time to set up her email. I will continue to try to reach her and maybe she can go by Lakewood Village in Wapakoneta to check it out. There are some pictures of her in her Nick and Nora pajamas on Rich Luhr's site www.tour.airstreamlife.com/. It looks as though their rally was successful.

I am looking forward to meeting you as well as the other ladies at our rally. It is really getting exciting now.

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #50
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Kudos to Vickie for getting the info about the campground, wouldn't have known where to begin looking.

Jamie, sorry I didn't clarify, AOR (adventure outdoor resorts) is a campground club, we don't use our membership for it much, in fact after this rally I'm letting it expire Glad it could come in handy.

Vickie--I am supposed to follow up on Friday, hopefully by then we'll hear from Carol, Suz, Paula, and any other folks who'd like to come?

Let me know if there's anything you can think of that I should ask about I'll probably call during a certain 4 year olds naptime--guess why
Old 01-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Steph,

What are the chances that the person to call this campground would have a membership? How lucky are we! Could it be a sign?

Quick question: Are we still talking about the original dates, June 20-24?

I'll let you know if I think of something else.

Thanks so much for running all this down and putting it all together.

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 01-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
You go Girls!

Sounds great! Count me in - even if I have to bring just my Yukon I'm there

Tin-sista sorry I have not replied to the PM yet - trying to catch up with everything....just got our house quote in - yikes.

I will try to convince Annie to go - if not in her own Rig Argosy 30' - with me and if mine is not working then we will be going without a trailer and will gladly help you all rating your extra sleeping areas in your trailers I'm not missing this one!!!

I've been working with Jamie to fine tune the Rivette - Rosie logo so that we may possibly get some Girl Power shopping in before we get to the rally - there are a couple of sites that offer T-shirts and other marketing type items that logos go on. So we are playing with ideas at the moment as soon as we have something concrete we will post it here.

I am hoping that we do not try to plan too much - or the time we have to get to know each other will pass in a flash!

My inspiration is to travel that distance to meet you all - and not particularily to see all the sites - I have lots of years ahead to get those types of Rallies in.....

I want to be like Carol and drink coffee all day and walk around PJ's!!!!!!

Okay I drink tea and yes I do laz around in PJ's all day sometimes - but I have one up on Carol - I managed to give up the habit - so we may have to tie her down at the girls rally and give her some girl will power! (if she wants to of course).......
Old 01-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #53
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hey Vickie, good point about the dates, are we going to change them a little since the seminar isn't happening? Should we do Th, Fr, Sat? I guess that would be a great thing to figure out eh?

Also, I will be sure to ask for something in writing as far as our reservations go, make sure I get a list of rules that aren't on the website, make them pinkie swear we all get pull throughs...
Suz, oh suz??
Sharon and Jamie, ooh can't wait to see about the logo.
Saw Carol's photo, looks like it was fun! We have snow now Carol, just a little bit though.
Paula do you think this will be ok? Once we get the campground settled would we want to follow up on Paula's call to Jackson Center re: tours, info, etc?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Yes, Sharon has been doing some really cool work with the Rosie image and I can't hardly wait to see what it looks like on a "T". I remembered that we got some really nice rally-wear at this place:Embroidered Shirts and Custom T-Shirts for the Aluminations (Region 1) rally, so I'd like to give them a try for some Rosie Tow items too as soon as we have the logo ready to go.

Tin Sista, that's great that you were able to put your AOR membership to good use for us. Thanks so much!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #55
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile More campgrounds to consider

Vickie also had mentioned the Wapakoneta KOA, which will reopen 2/14, so I can call them then to find out about group sites. They have free wifi. Some pull throughs, and the rates are visible on the webpage. If you have a koa discount card it will help a bit. Also they have more than 30 amp available. This might be more reasonable as the other wouldn't give us a group rate, and maybe they will. I don't have much koa experience, the website says to call for group reservations so maybe they can be helpful.

The campground reviews mention road noise and lack of scenery for both campgrounds. So that's something we can think about too.

There's an Ohio state park Grand Lake St. Marys campsites with electric, showers, etc.

So just so we don't feel locked into one, the resort seems very nice but I wish they had more than 30 amp available and I wish they had a group discount.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Vickie also had mentioned the Wapakoneta KOA, which will reopen 2/14, so I can call them then to find out about group sites. They have free wifi
What the flipppppppin heck do we need wifi for! Are you into downloading some naked guys. I was hoping to leave my computer AT HOME!!!!!

the Hubbies and kiddies can live without us for a weeekend!!

Seriously;

I think it is a good idea that we at this point toss in the ideas and the dates and then when everyone is back from playing at rallies - we can put up a poll and or e-mail concesus and to make the final decision. Perhaps a date like the end of February or even March would be good to post. All input in before then and the one with the loudest typing shall chair the meeting