Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #761
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Well, I guess its time for brainstorming
I thought that is what we are doing....give it about a month and we will have somewhere to go if not a few places I bet....

Patience....we will find a place!
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #762
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
OK, i started a new Thread, called the "We Can Tow It" Womens Rally 2008 look for it!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #763
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
What to do, what to do!!

Ante in here!
My thoughts in short cut style:

1. April/earlyMay could be a bit chilly (but I have a coat).

2. 5 days total for Niagara might be do-able for me - barring a big fuel $ hike.

3. Again, a women's rally is a woman's rally. Let us not forget the whole objective of the original rally is the "WE CAN TOW IT" thing. (Get out there and learn so you are comfortable - it's really not all that difficult. I can't back up well ...... yet!)

4. I have no problem with men, kids or dogs (in drag or not) attending but let's not call it a women's rally then. *See #3

5. Being retired, we can't do it all and, like many of you, if I had to choose, I would never give up a "together" trip, even though Ike would gladly keep busy at home and encourage me to "GO & TOW".

6. You can't please all the people all of the time. Majority rules.

Let's get this party started ladies. It's already the middle of Jan.

suz votes for - Niagara Falls or MI ?tip 'o the mitt? ..... so far.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #764
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Well, I know that if you dont want husbands to go, then you need to make it close enough that the men can drop off the trailers for thoes who cant tow alone.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #765
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Well, I know that if you dont want husbands to go, then you need to make it close enough that the men can drop off the trailers for thoes who cant tow alone.
It really is not a matter of not wanting husbands to go. It is a matter of encouraging those same husbands to teach or help their wives to learn how to tow their trailer.

If there is an issue with some women that do not want to go to an event where they do not want to go without their husbands - then perhaps the Rivette "Womans" Rally no matter where it is located would not be something they would attend anyway.

There are plenty of Rallies - to participate in that are for "couples", singles, people with vintage trailers , people with new trailers, people who are members of WBCCI and people who are members of Air Forums and people who are members of both WBCCI and AirForums.....and a billion other RV'ing rallies that are available in spring, summer fall and winter locally, regionally, National or International.

I agree with Sue in that the Rivette Concept was very sepcific - and it was that specific concept that encouraged woman to step up to the personal challenge - WE CAN TOW IT -If we take that away the Rivettes would loose it's purpose and just become the same as all the other Rallies. (nothing wrong with that - but there are already plenty of those kinds of rallies available)

I am sure there are a 100 reasons why some woman could not get the rig/TV combo out on the road (many of which would be personal between husband and wife) - but there are just as many for those who can get out on the road and who are willing to TRY to make that Solo Tow Happen!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #766
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Okay, this is my vote then, no husbands, last weekend in april and we go to mackinac.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #767
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Okay, this is my vote then, no husbands, last weekend in april and we go to mackinac.

Now that is the spirit....
Old 01-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #768
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
I'm in!! Wilderness State Park? That time of year we could get lakefront pretty easily--reservations on line are not site specific but if you get there early enough in the day you can get near your friends and someone will have beach front, even chilly its sweet...or we can hit the private campgrounds...
Old 01-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #769
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Okay, so last weekend in april, and mackinac is good with everyone?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #770
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Quote:
Okay, so last weekend in april, and mackinac is good with everyone?
Whoa !! Let's not get ahead of ourselves!! Gotta love the enthusiasm though!!!

Even though we need to get thinking about a rally site we're still in the suggestion stage at this point. Yes, we have coats but N. MI , especially at waters edge, isn't usually all that warm in April yet. Later in May or June might be a better time for most - ahem..."Summer Solstice Rally". A major factor is the milage from the S. border to the straits. That's a LONG way and the added distance of getting to MI would preclude many Rivettes from going. Michigan is a unique and beautiful state with much to offer, however the fact is a peninsula eliminates the possibility of approaching from all directions. (ie: not a central location)

Our original intent was, and is, not only to encourage women to explore possibilities and enjoy personal challanges they never thought possible but realize "I CAN TOW IT". Which won't always have anything to do with towing a trailer. It was one of the best and most exciting experiences of my life.
As it turns out there are several of us from MI (we do love getting together!)which makes it convenient for us but actually doesn't promote the original objective.

I, for one, would like to see some more suggestions on the table. Jamie, What do you think?? Any ideas from your part of the country??
I would also love to hear from women in near by states - or not so near - who might join us in a more central location. How about it ladies? Please, do join in.

Thanks for the "captive" soap box, sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Old 01-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #771
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Jamie, What do you think?? Any ideas from your part of the country??
Tap tap tap on monitor...Jamie, are you there??
Jamie can you come out to play??
Old 01-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #772
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
OKay, Brock and I came up witha a good idea. We should have 2 rallys, one in April at Jackson center, the last weekend in April. Then another one in Mackniac the last weekend in Aug. She will have her AS by then, what does everyone think, then everyone is happy

Old 01-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #773
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Okay, myself and Steph talked, and we almost got this thing going. We would like to have 2 rallys. One would be either April 24-26, or June 6-8 near Jackson Center. If you would like to take the tour at the Airstream Plant, it will take place at 2pm on Friday.Im looking at a couple diffrent campgrounds in the area. We need some help on desiding the date, so pleace, feedback would be great. Then we want to have a rally in Mackinac the 2nd or 3rd weekend in September. There is plenty to do, the ferry will be running, so there will be plenty of time for us to go to the island. What does everyone think? Feedback on dates and everything would be great!

Old 01-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #774
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Quote:
Okay, myself and Steph talked, and we almost got this thing going. We would like to have 2 rallys. One would be either April 24-26, or June 6-8 near Jackson Center. If you would like to take the tour at the Airstream Plant, it will take place at 2pm on Friday.Im looking at a couple diffrent campgrounds in the area. We need some help on desiding the date, so pleace, feedback would be great. Then we want to have a rally in Mackinac the 2nd or 3rd weekend in September. There is plenty to do, the ferry will be running, so there will be plenty of time for us to go to the island. What does everyone think? Feedback on dates and everything would be great!

OUESTION: Are these two proposed rallys both women's outtings? Please clarify your intent for each proposal.

Friday, June 20 is the official Summer Solstice date for 2008. The 2007 SSR was held in the JC area and a tour of the AS factory was enjoyed by all.
Since this is the SSR thread and I would like to see those plans continue and finalized so any women interested may make any necessary arrangements enabeling them to attend.

An up north autumn rally sounds wonderful. It needs have it's own title on it's own thread. Also, those wanting to attend will be able to add their input.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Old 01-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #775
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
OUESTION: Are these two proposed rallys both women's outtings? Please clarify your intent for each proposal.

Friday, June 20 is the official Summer Solstice date for 2008. The 2007 SSR was held in the JC area and a tour of the AS factory was enjoyed by all.
Since this is the SSR thread and I would like to see those plans continue and finalized so any women interested may make any necessary arrangements enabeling them to attend.

An up north autumn rally sounds wonderful. It needs have it's own title on it's own thread. Also, those wanting to attend will be able to add their input.

sue

Ok, I guess i dont understand whe reason you put the June 20th comment in there, were you saying it would be a better date or something?

My intent is to have a good time, and have them Womens rallys. Im not one to make rules on camping. I just want to have a good time.

I have had many people that didnt even go to last years rally liking the idea of going to Jackson Center, i wasnt trying to make last years rally like this one, I just thought it would be a neat place to go. Anyone who wants to comment, feel free.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #776
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
While I was unable to go last year, I thought Summer Solstice was chosen and would be an ongoing unifier of this Rivette Rally. Yes? No? Knowing how cold it is on Lake Superior until midJune of so, is late April warm enough for camping at Mackinac? Sounds brrrrrrry to me! (Take loads of firewood and cases of Baileys!) Just trying to keep up with the posts here while thinking of our summer planning. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #777
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile

Wow its great that the discussion has picked back up again, so glad sisters are chiming in, haven't heard from Jamie or Paula either...soon I hope!

So it sounds like there's a couple of things going on...this thread is reflecting the process of rally planning isn't it, hard to keep track, help me am I clear as mud?

1. Laura has some cool ladies rallies planned she's got another thread (we can tow it women's rally) and she's mentioning them here too. I understand the latest is her September rally which is at Mackinaw City (Lakes Huron and Michigan meet there, Mackinac Island is there too.)

2. Some folks are thinking summer solstice weekend is a good thing to stick to for rivettes. The date with the WBCCI International would cause a conflict for some potentially "new" lady towers to join us.

3. Places mentioned have been Frankenmuth(Suz I'll go if you do! ), Canada (Sharon are the authorities still watchin for Nina? ), Niagara, etc..

Personally I'm up for rallying, I'll go most anywhere but my limits are that I am a stay at home mom right now and I can't do longer than a weekend unless I bring the family. I'm happy to join up so you all just let me know where and when and I'll be there with some bread and food
Old 01-15-2008, 04:56 PM   #778
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
ding dong.....If I can I will and if there is a will I can

Lots of ideas and dates now floating around.

From what I can see - we are all in agreement that the emphasis is Rivettes, and Fun.

The first Rally was in the Summer Solstice - but it did pose issues for a few and and the International and will always unless one changes the date.

I did not think that the Summer Solstice was set in stone - but rather a neat name for that Rally that set the pace to name future rallies like so many others - special to either the time of year, an annual event or the georgraphical significance.

The places suggested thus far....

Mackinac, MI
BlueGrass Horse Country- Virginia or Kentucky nothing specific
Niagara Falls - USA / Niagara Falls CAN
Jackson Centre, Ohio
Missouri - Route 66

The dates - all sound great - I am sure each of us will have some sort of conflict with either or, or both or what ever date is suggested. So it is a matter of choice for all.

I would love to say I can committ but I can not. There is just too much up in the air for me right now - like will we have time to finish my trailer to get her traveling again. Money is always at the forefront - but as a good friend once said....there will always be bills to pay, but opportunity only knocks once (well something to that effect anyway)

I will take a tour of the plant any time - it was great!!! But this time I might bring a small dust pan and sweeper so that I could clean the floor and get all the buck rivets I need

If the shoe fits....we are planning a sport model shower stall purchase - so an April time frame would be great for me to kill two birds with one stone. The facilities there are nice - but not too much in the way of entertainment close by. But if laura you are thinking of a Campground instead of staying at the Factory???

We are going to an RV show this weekend and will be doing the measuring up to see if it will work So we should know next week on that idea.

The Mac - is a great location - I have been to Sault Ste Marie Ontairo and Sudbury, Northbay and traveled extensively in Norther Ontario - the terrain and geogarphy is identical to the state side - it is a spot of Heaven - but you all know to get to Heaven is a LONG drive - but as they say the DRIVE is worth it. This for some would entail several extra days - but for people like myself the drive would not be the issue or the time - as I do not work and distance and gas prices are in my opinion irrelavent. They are just facts of life.

However it is the timing of that one that I will not know if it will work for me until the end of January. It is Peter and I's 25th and my Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary - and we are just starting our preliminary plans for a Brunch Boat Cruise late August early September - so not sure. If the Cruise does not happen - then September 10th weekend - would also be an issue as I am sure hopping that the Hubby remembers the 25th of all Anniversaries thus far and I expect to be anywhere that does not involve my house, my parents house, or a trailer!!! and preferably not in Canada or the US!!! if you all get my drift

Love to see you all but a girl has to have some priorities. The fact that I do intend on spending another 25 year with him - maybe.....

~ G - is there anything that would be really Kewl around your neck of the woods?

So good going Laura and Steph - give it a week to let people chip, chim in and then just set the date and the general location - then we can all sort of help with the logistics of the venues.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #779
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Great Input, thank you. I just remembered we have the Tin Can Tourist rally the 3rd weekend in September. So I guess i could only go if it was the 2nd weekend, if i will be attending

Old 01-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #780
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sharon, you probably don't remember that old romantic song that goes..."Fly me to the moon...." Is THAT what Peter has planned for the 25th? Really cooool Rivettes is in, "summer solstice" is expendable, but was great for a first year's theme, our regional biggest attraction is the Ozarks/Branson/Lakes area but that is already featured in spring and fall forums rallies sponsored by Steve/SoldierMedic. You can find his threads on those rallies. It's fun to follow this thread! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote