Old 06-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #519
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Where are all the pics??

Hello to all the Rivettes.... Would love to see some more pics from the Rally?? .. Carol and Sharon... any??

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #520
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I think all our gals are back home now, except for Vickie and Danielle that are back at River Ridge having more fun and Jamie who is visiting family in Ohio.

As Sharon and Paula have expressed I am also looking forward to our next rally and hope it will not be long away. Let's work on it.

I was also thinking that if you girls would care to send me your pictures, I will compile them all and make up a souvineer CD or DVD (I have a bit of video too.)

Lou and Larry we were so glad that Lauren was able to take over the care of your parents to allow you to have time with us. I know that is difficult and was ever so pleased to have time together at the rally. Did I say Larry? I meant Larrita. That was so funny. Larry you are a great sport, you and Lou are always the life of the party. Special thanks for providing us with a great camp fire and tending it and the thoroughly professional job of placing the Rivettes for our group portraits for our photo op before the JC tour! That is one lucky Rivette getting a sunset foot massage. There were more than a few requests to borrow that multi talented Rivette Shaver. Lou, that's the good life for sure. He's a keeper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2870-01.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	40076   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2872-01.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	40077  

Name:	_MG_2874-01.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	40078   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2878-01.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	40079  

Name:	_MG_2880-01.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	40080   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2882-01.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	40081  

Name:	_MG_2905-01.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	40082   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2908-01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	40083  

Name:	_MG_2931-01.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	40084  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #521
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Annie, I am still recovering...ought to be a step program for survivors of a Rivette function. I napped yesterday!!!!! I shall try to get as many up as I can today, but you know that whirlwind of a gal just left yesterday and took all my power (electricity down) with her.

C'mon Rivettes I saw cameras all over the place, or are you saving those incriminating shots for leverage?

photography
Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #522
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Good Morning - just up and have my tea in hand - with an aching back from sleeping so long - guess I needed it.

While on the subject of L&L I would be remise if I did not sincerely thank Larrita for her/his (oh boy it was very confusing when I arrived) I had no idea what I was getting into.....

After a couple of toasts in arriving safely and missing all the fun on Thursday and Wednesday night. You could imagine when I emerged to find one of the Ladies I had never met before - YIKES!!!!!!!

Name:	100_8088.jpg
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	40085

I vaguely remember that face holding a flashlight and a few women in nities jumping up and down.....then trees and then bed....

Friday for me was a whirl and just flew by - running on only 2 hours sleep (thanks again Paula - but the bandana delivery was perfect!) and taking in the factory tour - (to me was like toys-r-us and was really disappointed that they did not offer large, okay very large shopping carts with a check out at the end of the tour)

From the short time with Larry and Lou - it was such a pleasure to meet you both and surely hope we will meet up again one day.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:41 AM   #523
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Here are a few of the special moments that I managed to capture on camera....but it does not capture the tip of experience the whole adventure was. You just can not have a camera in hand for every life remembering moment - and that is when you appreciate memory...

My first special moment wasClick image for larger version

Name:	100_8063.jpg
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	40087 seeing my reflection on the road, by myself, no husband!, no dogs (kind of sad on that one) but still relieved at not having to worry about them. And the cool part was the trailer was still attached at over half way of my trip.

Next was the hurdle of getting into the USAClick image for larger version

Name:	100_8068.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	40088 this was a welcome relief but the big dread soon came into play - DETROIT and getting through on the right road - yeah right as if that ever happens - only a single loop this time around rather than a tripple looper in the dark the last time Peter and I crossed together - with no trailer! Just always miss that little ramp turn to get on I75south.....

Besides the several phone calls to try and get in the great campfire you were all having Thursday the drive went fast (for me anyway) not for all those waiting.

The next morning we were just missing one - and this was another special moment to see Stephanie arrive safe and sound - that meant that our group of such diversified talents, interests, personalities and for some so many firsts in their lives had been accomplished!!!! We were now officially Rivettes each and everyone of us. (and of course ready to let the hair down or for some take the wig off)

I'll do several little posts so you all can read while I go make up smoressssss
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8085.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	40089  
Old 06-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #524
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Friday morning saw a massive breakfast spread - orchastrated by Paula and her sister Karen with some add ins I am sure - I have never seen so much food for such few women. uchuhhhmmm I contributed the umberella - as I did not carry any food - ah like where was I going to put it in the coolatron and take up valuable wine space

Speaking of firsts - this was the first breakfast that we had bacon that the "guys" did not eat it all on his first..

Finally the rain stopped, breakfast put away and out came the bandanas. Now if anyone missed the lesson - perhaps Paula could share - this lady knows her stuff. I never new there was so many ways to display a cloth on ones head - for me it was a first never had a hat other than a ball cap before - Now I know why

If I were SUZ I would be saying - "how the *&^% does this thing stay on" but that of course is not what Suz was saying it was more like. "Come'n girls did you not listen to Paula - it is easy just flip this corner and turn that flap and presto you are a pustca or something like that Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8090.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	40090

Danielle is my kinda gal/Sister - and that is the correct place to wear the bandana and not mess with the ball cap! YOU GO GIRL!Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8097.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	40091

Okay we all have a weak moment - and have to ask the Guy to help us out - so to make us feel just a little easier - Larritta appeared rather than Larry - Lou you must have a heck of a time when it comes to going out for dinner and picking your outfits to match your husband/wife at times..... But it was a true test for L (to keep things simple) L had to learn 8 different cameras and to get it right as this was going to be a shot of a life time for all of us.Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8098.jpg
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	40092

I am sure there are lots of posts with the group so I will skip mine - but I also snapped a few individual shots and this one of Vickie is just a peach and brings yesteryear into today - a perfect - what is it called Paula??? Scarf knot comes to mind for me as boater. Vickie I just love this shot of you!Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8099.jpg
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	40093

Then of course - there is another lady in the group that suits the bandana to a T. But it was the moment really - all were doning the bandanas and getting pumped for the Airstream Factory Tour - the reality sinking in that we were actually rallying and having a great time - and then it went quiet and the sound of Carols camera in a fashion shoot style just struck me out of the blue - and here it was the PERFECT shot of the Lady behind so many spectacular photos Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8100.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	40094

.......Tea break.........
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM   #525
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Here are the pictures of the Airstream Factory Tour.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...now how dumb is that!!!!! I think THOR has gone overboard or have been drinking too much of my BlackCurrent wine at their board meetings.

No pictures - ah this is a rivet - oh here is the new model release - oh no look at all those RV manufactures out there just running to build an aluminum shell airstream - dugh I think they have the corner on the market by now after 75 years ya think.....

Big disappointment that I could not take a single picture to show Peter. Then my next HUGE dissapointment is that all those photos you see of people visiting the factory and that infamous shot of your package under the big Airstream - NO PICTURES BEYOND THE FENCE!!!!....Well us women got a taste of confidence....so to AIRSTREAM AND WHOEVER PULLS YOUR STRINGS Fence THIS! Good thing pictures are not allowed tee hee I could be in jail right now......for exposure.

Anyway I found the tour very interesting and picked the ole fellow's brain who was pulling up the rear of the crowd.

I wish I had brought a dust pan with me - just a single sweep up and I would have had all the buck rivets I needed to put the inner skin back around the door frame. Besides the above dissappointment I will put this memory forward instead.....

It was like being in Toys-R-US and I was bumbed out that they did not have Large okay VERY LARGE shopping cards with a check out at the end of the TOUR - which at that length I would have been mortgaging my house about three times....

Looking inside the guts of the 63 and seeing the production today - there are not that many changes - the biggest change I saw was "finishing quality" and I will leave it at that....but keep in mind if we want it yesterday and cheaper then what do you expect

It was time to get back to some fun - and upon our return it was Vickies turn to show her talents - wow what a spread. She puts the true meaning of "Happy Hour" into a Rally. Come on Girls lay on your photos - as I know everyone took some of this gals delights.....I managed to take a couple but the ground was pulling the camera to free up the hand space to grab chocolate, crackers cheese wine and pink flamingo goblets that my mouth was just watering and waiting for them to be filled with all sorts of different wines to be tasted......or should I say experienced.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8107.jpg
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	40099   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8108.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	40100  

Name:	100_8109.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	40101   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8143.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	40102  

Old 06-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #526
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Suz, I had talked to you on the phone before so it was a real treat to finally meet you. Funny how we needed only to put faces onto the people we "knew" from the forums. Suz brought us babbles and jewels enough to layer ourselves in rally finery and to decorate our shelter in grand style. I have my strands of beads currently slung around my flamingo doll and she looks great! They were also lovingly chosen by Sue to coordinate with my spangled sequined lady frog shirt. LOL Awning set-ups had many hands to make the load lighter and we all had more than the usual interest in watching each Rivette independently hooking up her rig! YEA...we can tow it! The surprise of the happy hour was when Suz printed us up wallet size pictures on the spot of a special group Rivette pose as a souvineer to carry along with us to remember our strength and power together. Mums the word on that gang, it is a picture taken for rivettes' eyes only.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_2884-01.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	40108   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2891-01.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	40109  

Name:	_MG_2902-01.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	40110   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2935-01.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	40111  

Name:	_MG_2953-01.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	40112   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2984-01.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	40113  

Name:	_MG_2997-01.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	40114  

photography
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #527
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Suz got special parking, she was next to me AND the shelter. How lucky can you get, eh?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_2963-01.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	40115   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2987-01.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	40116  

Name:	_MG_3040-01.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	40117   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3071-01.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	40118  

Name:	_MG_3094-01.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	40119   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3096-01.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	40120  

photography
Old 06-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #528
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
After the Happy Hour - we skipped a meal I think - gee was anyone hungry after that spread???

The group dispersed a bit and congragated under the Tin Roof -added some fancy lights to set the mood - the mood for what women do best - "Gab" about every conceivable contraversial subject out there - but after that one the rule came out - what is said in a Rally stays in a Rally....sorry all you lurkers - you will just have to join in the next Rivette Rally

A special moment for me Friday night was this shot...Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8126.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	40103 ah bed finally.....after raining all day I was a bit worried that I would have a water bed to sleep in - but while everyone scurried to close their windows when it rained I was opening mine so the water would not whick in throught the frames. Still have a small leak from one of the marker lights I think - and of course an issue at the door hmmm no gasket might account for that - and of course we did not seal up the rub rail on the inside yet as the panels are coming off again and will all be rubber sprayed once we are done the wiring. Just was not expecting it to rain for 3 days...

Saturday morning saw another spread for breakfast (and more rain of course - did I mention it rained the whole time we were there almost) I heard about the breakfast but not a big fan of morning eating. Who is that woman....Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8142.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	40107 She was doing eggs and we were eating them! So I dragged out of bed.

Had a relaxing day on Saturday (If I have the days right) open house - okay a disorganized open house - the best kind - cause the trick is to find out where everyone is.... I will leave it up to Carol to post the open house pics - there were some gorgeous As's at this Rally that is for sure.Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8140.jpg
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	40105

I did the best I could to trick out the ladyBug to give the gals an idea of the colour scheme and the aura of the 60's.

Suz has a fabulous 70's trailer - and gives you the feeling of the orient express train on the overnight excursions. Suz gave me an experience in her rear bathroom that well....what happens in a rally stays in a rally

Vickies Luxury Liner is to die for - and someone would have to do exactly that for Me and Peter to find ourselves in one. But it is the perfect set up. And big enough for a Rivette Rear Bedroom Pile up!....dang I blew it - what is experienced in a Rally stays in a Rally!

Paula's 25 FRbedroom is a really cool set up - a nicely laid out spread for one on the full time scene.

Jamie's sweet little 19ft Bambi made me think as I looked through one of her windows at the LadyBug next door - what the heck I am doing - I think Peter should just get a second job and sell his boat to buy me a new 19 - or even one of those nice new sport models.....but then I would not have that wow look of the mirror yesteryear....But what made Jamies Bambi different was all her organizing tricks - she should right a little Rivette manual with all the neat ideas to store things when your space is limited. Then her spread of her botanical drawings were amazingly talented - the patience and committment to do that is ....no words to explain you just have to see her drawings...

Stephanies 28 Classic with the funky decals - in the process of being re-designed is a really functional set up. Our wreck is the same layout - lots of space and all the immenaties you need. The centre open bath is a great feature. Daves woodwork and upgrades are excellent. Steph handled her package like she had been doing it for years - the hensley is not as easy as some of these fellows make it out to be - not just hooking up but maneuvering with it.

Carols' 27 FRB with the hickory cabinetry and the large social room (as I like to call it) was a meeting spot many timesClick image for larger version

Name:	100_8125.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	40104Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8141.jpg
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	40106....and a great hang out spot for me when the rain stopped and the heat and humidity came - fantastic vent or no vent I did not want to sit in my little oven.

....Pee break......
Old 06-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #529
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Thanks

The Ohio Faux Rivettes, Larrita and Lou, would love to have stayed a little longer. Sure sounds like you all had a really good time. Sorry that we had to leave so early in the fun! It was wonderful to meet you all. And thanks for all of the great pictures!!!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #530
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Later Saturday afternoon - saw a few of us head for town to do that shopping thing and while the TV's were unhooked do the gas up ready for the 8:00am sunday morning dash.

For those of us left behind - it was chit chat and nibble on some food time - out came my crabbies - we were preparing for the Saturday night bash - not sure if it was planned or not but it happend. Extra lights came out, as Carol mentioned beads and more beads emerged from Suz's ButterCup - I of course got the gold and red ones cooowelll!! Steph brought out the Nail polish sparkle stuff you read about a couple of months ago...I contributed hmmm guess what - with exception of Stephs Margarittas and Paulas too. I chipped in with Shandy's, Canadian Ceasers and yep more Black Current wine. Several more bottles of wine that we had not opened yet were there for the sampling.

Then the tables spread emerged and food for a month - tunes came from buttercup and we all had a great time - another first for me was to actually take the time to put on sparkly nail polish both on the toes and the fingers - wow - I was truly a girly girl for an evening - okay part of an evening....what is done in a rally stays in a rally
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_8128.jpg
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	40122   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8130.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	40123  

Name:	100_8138.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	40124  
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #531
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Jamie traveled with her daughters and Doug but that in no way meant she was exempt from towing, hitching up or unhooking. No they were going on to Chicago to visit more family. During dinner she pulled and started to set up camp with an impressive collection of serious camping gear. This woman really camps! She even set up a rock garden (wait is that a weapon I see?) Remember Lucy in the Long Trailer? Wonder just how long before the Bambi puts on some real weight. There also were introductions to the furry family that travels right along with them on their trips. Jamie is an amazing artist and was good enough to show us a few of her recent works in nature. To think the detail, all botanically accurate, is laid down one dot at a time with pencil. That is talent...I have yet to master writing my own name. She could sell her prints in a heartbeat. Besides being our rustic toast toaster, artist/Rivette sister, once the dust cleared after the caravan left for Michigan, then there were three, three amigos, (or would that be the 4 stooges since I am still there?...just teasing. )We listened to music on Jamie's mat on a beautiful afternoon and just shot the breeze with one another. (music file sharing you ask? oh that is not allowed ) We had the opportunity to watch Jamie back up and out. As far as I am concerned she wins that hands down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_2992-01.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	40135   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2914-01.jpg
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	40136  

Name:	_MG_3012-01.jpg