Old 06-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #505
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Who's who in the group photo??? Im new so I dont know many of the girls yet...

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #506
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Had so much fun, gotta do it again next year!!

Hey!! Just home, caravan caboose here, Vicki and Suz are heading north, and I had the best time!! What a nice group of ladies!! You know Larrita was voted the rally queen!!

Fritzi, if I can do it I know you can, I got by with a lotta help from my friends!!

Old 06-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #507
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey!! Just home, caravan caboose here, Vicki and Suz are heading north, and I had the best time!! What a nice group of ladies!! You know Larrita was voted the rally queen!!

Fritzi, if I can do it I know you can, I got by with a lotta help from my friends!!
Hey, you gals had some kind of strange effect on my wife.... She's already talking about wanting a "Rosie Rivette" tattoo! And when I try to talk her out of it, she gives me the finger! Now she's talking about trading in her Blazer on a 'Burb. I told her that 'Burbs and tatoos are not a requirement to tow an AS, but she's not listening, and again gives me the finger. Guess I better hitch up, get her to the big parking lot soon and let her have at it. With any luck, she'll be taking me to the detroit rally. Again, we had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. BUT it seems I'm gonna have to keep an eye on her in Detroit. Oh well, It's always the quiet, shy ones that get in the most trouble! Take care all! --dave
Old 06-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #508
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
The "group" of Rivettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Who's who in the group photo??? Im new so I dont know many of the girls yet...
Top row: Steph (tin sista), Jamie (dougjamie), Karen (Paula's real sista), Lou (loudruff), Suz (eikel1we). Middle row: Sharon (GT6921), Vickie (Towdaddy), Paula (Foiled Again) and Down Front: Danielle (Towdaddy's daughter).
Not in the picture: Carol (wheel interested) cuz she was hiding behind another camera...as usual. I hope she got good pictures to share. And Larrita was not shown cuz shehe was taking the pictures. LOL
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #509
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quick post...aka tin sista - GT6921 here as I can not remember password and still drunk!

Carol are you home yet???

I left I thought was Sunday but still wondering aimlessly around America!~ HELP!!!

Had an absolutely GREAT time meeting all the Rivettes - .. Vickie is the Hostess Queen, Paula is the Tech wizard - Steph the Hensly princess, Suz the 70's Gem, Jamie the microfiber expert and I can not find Sharon anywhere in Canada at the moment...

We have got to do this again and again and again - but I have to get the husband on the full services on LB...will post again with pics upon my hopeful return - If Canada lets me back into their Country

I might have to become a Michiganite...
Thanks Steph for your log in - and of course the HP is always outstanding!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #510
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I am one tired Rivette. Keeping up with all you energentic ladies is no easy task! A hearty THANK YOU to each and everyone. Lou your pictures are great and we are so glad you and "Laritta" could attend. It was a big surprise and really got us off to a fun dynamic!

I pulled in earlier this evening. Sunday night we were still three strong with Jamie (also Doug and the girls) Sharon and I. Then Sharon and I went onto Jackson Center and the terraport Monday and just parted company this afternoon as Sharon left for Stephanie's. So one more Rivette still making her way homeward into Canada.

Dave and Fritzie, it was a pleasure meeting you both. Burbs and tattoos would make a great new song, don't you think? It would be great to see you again at the Metro Detroit rally.

Laura we had a deep end and a shallow in the pool. I inadvertentantly filled it on a slope, LOL! It was deeper then 4 inches but no one was in real danger without their water wings.

Steph it was a thrill watching all that silver in a row and going back on the road again.

G there were a lot of cameras at the rally! I am eager to see more pictures too as well as read the comments. If any of the others are dragging like I am now it may take a day or two to recoop.

So I apologize for the short response but I have got to finally get some sleep, and promise more to follow soon...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:27 PM   #511
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Alive and Well!

Finally made it home MONDAY! Left Sunday but ran into bad traffic and bad construction on I-70 west of Columbus... then at the WV line, then Washington PA, then .... Oh well, pulled over and slept, then carried on.

I couldn't get logged on earlier today due to some kind of computer malfunction, but it's good to see all of the photos and show others here the good times we had.

I'm refreshed, empowered, raring to go again. We talked a lot about future rallies with and/or without spouses, but one thing for sure - we DON'T need to wait a year. I'm up for whatever - including a caravan up or down the Appalacian Trail/Blue Ridge Parkway. New York - Niagra Falls? Lakes area... down through Altoona or east of there, down to Wheeling for a little hillbilly gambling?

Virginia Highland Haven?

Paula
Old 06-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #512
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Glad to hear that other rivettes made it home safely. Sharon just left in the midst of a thunderstorm, lets keep our fingers crossed that she gets better weather down the road and arrives home safely!!

Hope Vickie and Danielle (caravan leaders) are well!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #513
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Glad to hear that other rivettes made it home safely. Sharon just left in the midst of a thunderstorm, lets keep our fingers crossed that she gets better weather down the road and arrives home safely!!

Hope Vickie and Danielle (caravan leaders) are well!
Stephanie I am really sorry to disapoint you but guess what - I am STILL in Michigan.....first I turned the wrong way from your place and ended up in a roundabout......OMG!!! Then the skies opened even worse than what we were wating for.

I traveled through terrible constrcution on I69 - could not see anything through the mirrors. My fingers were white knuckled to the point that I was even a little nervous of the eventual hydro planing I would have run into a little further down the road.

Hmmm.... wonder if Carol has finished looking for her water filter and unpacked her beautiful trailer yet....a quick call and I slipped off at the exit for a quick pick me up coffee - and pick me up from Carol herself as we have had such a great "POST - POST - POST" Rivette Rally - that I think we could just keep going until the rest of the Rivettes decide where to meet and we will be there.

Steph once again I had a great time with You, Dave and Sam this morning playing Thomas the train. Thanks for all your hospitality!!! It would be nice if the next time we (Peter and I) can come just to camp and sit around a camp fire and enjoy your company - without any RV parts being involved.

Pictures of the rally will have to follow - as it is once again getting late and tomorrow I really really hope that I will be heading home....
Old 06-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #514
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Holy Toledo Sharon did you get onto Hamilton? Lord have mercy!! Did you get to Walmart? I'll bet that was a sight to see going round and round that roundabout, notice nobody yields there?? It wasn't in drivers ed for our generation
Well well I guess you are now officially a Michigander. Carol, just send her back thisaway Sorry Peter, Taz, Lucky, and Hailey, just kidding.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #515
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Just heard from Sharon

Safely back in Canada now on her way home. Official rally title:
Border Crossing Queen!

Take care Sharon and have a safe trip home! Come back to Michigan anytime!! You and Peter are always welcome!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #516
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Flight of the Lady Bug started from here this morning with a bang, literally. Sharon is such a live wire that she not only blew my fuses in the terraport but I still continued to get such a charge out of her back at the house that the pole transformer tripped! We are just recovering power now. That is one energized Rivette! Now if you will excuse me for a short while, I have some adjustments to make from when time stood still here.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #517
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Welcome home Sharon

Hope that you had an uneventful trip home.. boring by no means... any border problems or were they looking for Nina...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #518
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
That is right I called to let Steph know that I had actually left the country - USA that is....and as much as I loved my visit - it was nice to see a bit of light at the end of the journey tunnel home...even though I was facing the greater part of the trip.

Precisely at 4:30pm I FINALLY ARRIVED IN MY DRIVEWAY....OMG that was no Rivette Rush but one crazy super RIVETTE MARATHON.....and at 4:31 I reached for my nice cold beer and lime phew I made it. I don't know about all you Rivettes out there - but I can tell you that this was a HUGE boost in my confidence - not only to do a crash reality TV style fix up for the trip, but to travel the border alone with all the crazy things going on in our world, but more importantly to travel so many miles to meet such a really cool and diversified group of ladies who can be proud to say WE TOWED IT - AND WE SURVIVED!

PS Girls the Border patrol was real interested in you-all and asked how the girls are in "Ohio" tee hee if only he knew! none of us were from Ohio!!!

I have much to catch up in my thread Flight of the Lady Bug where all the funnies will be posted - that you all have heard about this past weekend.

I just heard about the terrible news of some fellow Airstreamers and think how really lucky we are all to now be home safe and sound.

I just loved the weekend come week with you USA Gals and can not wait to gather more and more Rivettes so they can experience what we just did!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_8209.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	535.4 KB
ID:	40022