Old 06-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #463
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Ok here is a test.
what is the procedure for changing a tire?
Uh...call triple A?

Shari

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #464
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Took a break from the trailer - Hubby has been hard at it - so I decided to to the "wife" thing - I know he likes to have a tidy house and laundry done - (okay so we have a rustic house and we live in the forest - but it can still get pretty narly with three dogs and half the forest being trecked indoors)

Hey Jamie I had another thought for the little light coming on - if it is really windy - and we need something more substantial for a tent - I have a rolling tin tent that is the house of wine and aint' going to far on a windy day - and although not checked yet - I am sure she is as tight as a deepsea divers helmet for leaks.

How many of us is this the total first "SOLO" ever????

Me - oooouuu it is getting a bit scary now - just did a run in the car (had to call caa to get her going - turned out to be a loose positve terminal - duuuugghhhhhh - that is why we did not get any charging going on!!! live and learn - never make the same mistake twice - and another item on my brain list to check on the mechanical end of things...

Michelle.....see how I do...

chock wheels
if on side of the road - hang out some panties and a bra from the window.
Pull out the table and chairs - wine bottle vause with flowers
Run to store and buy some stogies or cigs
Pull out crayons and or lipstick and paint a sign

First fellow that can stop and get my wheel changed in half hour will get...
something with the panties, maybe the bra
glass of wine
rest at a road side bistro
with wine or beer
and a nice slow smoke!

Or...
Chock wheels
Call CAA - AAA

Or...
Call Husband to come and get the trailer as you have taken the bus home...

Or...
Flag down the rest of the Rivettes to come and rescue you

Or..

Chock wheels
lossen lugs
Jack up in desginated places - make sure you are on the FRAME and not where the little sign says

continue lossen all the lugs
"flip the wheel off"

Now get yourself up and out from under the wheel as it falls on top of you

Get the spare out -
"Flip it back up onto where the flat came off "
Tighten lugs
Pop the jack down and torque those suckers up -if you have a torque wrench torque at hmmmmm this is where instructor Michelle will have to take over gal -cause I am not that smart - yet!!!

Going to see about curtains now

and we have decided to go to plan b - which is tacking walls back up for trip as we have no time to do the full wiring that we want to get done - and no sense in rushing that part - only cosmetics anyway right???

With the new axle the walls will be fine with 1/3 the rivettes in. I would be a bit worried to find all the walls on the floor if we had not got the new axle.

Well that is me for now will check in later - I am most definitely in for a food run on Friday - as well as Thursday - I will not survive if I do not have tea in the morning!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #465
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
ooppss forgot...
Shari have a great safe Caravan - sure wish I could join you but as usual like two ships in the wind.....One day I will be able to show LadyBug in the Concours - ya think???
Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #466
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
One day I will be able to show LadyBug in the Concours - ya think???
Absolutely!

Maxwell is sitting out of the Concours this year...we haven't done a thing to him in over a year, poor neglected trailer. Not! Just too much on my plate...in 2005 he won a gold (we didn't enter last year)...wouldn't want to embrass him this time. Next year, in Bozeman, Montana we plan on having BOTH Max & Birdy there - side-by-side. That'll be a biggie...gotta set a goal! The folks will stay in Max...and it'll be Birdy's coming out party.

Shari

Old 06-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #467
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Have polish will share

You know I'd be glad to share rivettes, I have the polish Shari told us about that changes color with exposure to sunlight, then also the cute ones from Sally's Beauty. We can have a toenail polishing session!! Thanks Shari for all your patience, helpful tips and hard work for us!!

Shari we'll raise a glass to you and hope that someone from the WBCCI/VAC posts a photo of you dancing on the forum (maybe a VAC historian ) I know you'll have a great time!!

Michelle, I think this time I will do like Shari and 1. get out cell phone 2.call AAA, but this weekend Dave loosened lugnuts first, then backed the trailer up on levellers (sandy site didn't use jack), undid the spare, took off the tire, switched it out, and then secured the lugnuts. Didn't do the final tightening until down on the ground. Sadly we didn't have a compressor like you do so guess who was working on upper body strength with a bicycle pump... It was just a wee bit low, not much or I'd still be there.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #468
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
houston we have a problem

Houston.... we have a problem.... minor but.

I'm here at Poor Farmer's RV and they double booked the "big pavilion". The other group has 60 RV's so it seems to me that the logical thing to do would be to yield gracefully and let them take that area.... (which unfortunately is closest to the rest rooms.

The area they have for us is near to something they call the "chapel" which is a small low shelter that has about 4 picnic tables in it. It may be called the chapel because you have to kneel to get under the overhang. No one here is 6 feet tall are they? They can either give us 10 pull through sites across the road (NO shade) or 10 near the chapel - only a few of which are pull through and only three or four have shade. ALSO most are still 20 amp service not 30. Now you CAN run your A/C on 20 amp, if you turn everything else off. It wouldn't be difficult to make a mixed bag of it and get some of each, however we won't be right next to each other... not that that would stop us. BTW it's noon here now and must be 85-90.

I won't officially check in until about 3pm - I'm going to try to find somewhere to wash down "foiled again".

Please reply

Paula

See what's free at AOL.com.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #469
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Absolutely!

Maxwell is sitting out of the Concours this year...we haven't done a thing to him in over a year, poor neglected trailer. Not! Just too much on my plate...in 2005 he won a gold (we didn't enter last year)...wouldn't want to embrass him this time. Next year, in Bozeman, Montana we plan on having BOTH Max & Birdy there - side-by-side. That'll be a biggie...gotta set a goal! The folks will stay in Max...and it'll be Birdy's coming out party.

Shari
Hey now Montana sounds like it could be a really nice summer trip to take - it is our big 25th next year and have no idea what we are doing - the parents 50th - were hoping to be in the new house at the waterfront - if a mirical happens! And I was going to rent a big cruise thing and have a big party with their friends and ours out on the lake.

Have fun - can not wait to see Birdy - how are you doing with her???
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM   #470
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Andrea at the campground assures Vicki there will be no problem a 50 amp awaits and the rest are 30 over by the chapel , and they ARE pullthroughs.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:17 PM   #471
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Have fun - can not wait to see Birdy - how are you doing with her???
Haven't done much...been busy finishing up "small" projects around the house so we can focus on Birdy without those nagging at us. Keep in mind, we weren't planning on buying/restoring another trailer...it just happened.

We have finished building my studio, put in all our landscape/hardscape and tried to make some semblance of order out of the garage. We had started...but got too disorganized, took a step back and figured we needed to finish our other projects first. They are now "done" and after International we will get back to serious work on Birdy.

Shari

Old 06-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #472
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Thumbs up Everything is fine at the campground per Andrea

Hi,
As Carol mentioned, Vickie called Andrea, and everything is ok. I guess whatever we do we need to ask for Andrea. Sorry Paula for your experience, glad it was resolved.
Last week both Vickie and I called and spoke with Andrea, she confirmed things were ok for our rally with pull throughs etc.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #473
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Phew - way to go Girls - I thought after Vickie got through with them ( as we all know how persuasive Vickie can be ...from all your stories at the Rivette Rush - you are a Lady not to be messed with!! )

I thought great when we arrive our Rivette Rally would be known as ....the bitches have arrived - and wearing red bandanas drinking from their wine bottles and eating their steaks right from the grill - holy cow what a vision

Had to pull the reigns in on the honey...he took off into the house after cutting the safety chains from Ella and measuring them up - next was pack her up she is going for her maiden voyage!....

Men sometimes they just are so one track minded - working on a project and want to see each task to completion...."I jumped in as nice as I could and said hold on here - it is only 2:30pm - walls are not in, no breakaway switch - I thought the chains were going to be the last item - so that we could test everything all at once - that way we are not leaving the coup before we have to???? He did not like the idea but called the welder back and now we are scheduled for 8:00am - so we can get her all ready now without rushing around. I can go throught the hook up and do the whole test run as if it were Wednesday morning...

What still to do.

Just measuring up the curtain rods - have enough bits and pieces from the excella and short curtains to out fit all the windows. Just tacking up the top rods for now as I will need to do some work on the curtains (that is when I switch from messy restoration mode to curtains and upholstery - can't wait for that you get to sit and do most of it phew)

Have a few things to spray paint - and may take the opp to put on the first coat of moss green tomorrow - once the Hubby is okay with sitting back and relaxing on his Holidays - wow both vacations given up just for me - I should feel so lucky!

Then we may look at installing a couch for me to sit on and sleep on - but might settle for a mattress on the floor.

then I have to start thinking about all the stuff I have to bring...labels did not get done in fact nothing I thought of doing for this rally got done - except that I get to do the solo thing and meet all you neat women - that in itself is great and needs no fancy stuff attached....

Shari you sound just like Peter and I - we are a bit side tracked from our Kitchen reno at the moment - and I am sure as soon as I leave that is where Peter will be - or launching his boat - ooops that will be hard to do with no TV - maybe he can borrow the work truck???
Old 06-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #474
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Ok here is a test.
what is the procedure for changing a tire?
Find a helper or two!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	helping dad.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	39484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Fathers Day.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	39485  

Old 06-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #475
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Wow Steph, that's a lot of manpower going into getting the AS ready. Good to know you have another set of hands to help Dave.

Sharon don't worry about rally stuff, you are the rally. Just coming from Canada with a brand new unit to you and working so hard to get Lady Bug on the road has made us feel very special! Besides what would you have labeled me?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #476
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Wow Steph, that's a lot of manpower going into getting the AS ready. Good to know you have another set of hands to help Dave.

Sharon don't worry about rally stuff, you are the rally. Just coming from Canada with a brand new unit to you and working so hard to get Lady Bug on the road has made us feel very special! Besides what would you have labeled me?

Hey Steph send over those handy men will ya!

What would I lable Carol let me see now...."without auge" I seem to recall from a movie somewhere along the way dealing with wine and a beautiful distinguished lady....hmmm - let's hold off on labling you yet - I need to see your "rep" at a rally - last I say was a pick of you walking around in PJ's, with coffee and ciggy in hand -