Old 06-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #449
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
I agree with Michelle!

Carol your baby is still under warranty - and there is no way that should be happening already - if so wow is the quality of aluminum ever different.

The 69 even with failing clearcoat did not get the corrosion worms.

Hey M - brass wool does it work on all the window frames??? of an oldy.

You gals are all cleaning up your rigs to make them all pretty - I just looked at the windows-inside the frames and the window panes - YUCK - and I surely do not have time to waist on cleaning right now - whatever am I to do....

Honey did the saftety porch light for me - were done the floor - all the roof parts are installed and sealed - rub rail back on J-Cross on the front also installed. Plumbing stacks in - just working on the tail lights....

I have a new switch at the front door to operate the porch light as well as the "house" lights which are not in yet, cause the bulkheads are not in cause the wiring's not done and the walls are not in - so I have no couch at this point.....and we ran the Yukon battery down and can not seem to get her charged back up - dogs love to be in the car and the doors were open all day yesterday and a little fog light switch must have been put on....

My arms and legs and even hair folicles hurt - I am tired and I can not see my finger nails ever getting clean as long as I live.....

I gave Peter a laugh just now and said I must start thinking about putting curtains in the trailer......he said "you are worried about curtains and you don't even have the walls up yet"

We feel like we are in one of those reality TV shows - with only 48 hours to get the partial reno done....

Happy cleaning gals - I will bring my sleeping bag and may rotate around for a nights sleep and to use your lou (sorry Lou P - the other lou)

I said to Pete that I should go topless while doing the compounding and he could take a reflection photo and pass it on to 2air keep him happy until we arrive.... sort of a red dot line affair......

Old 06-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #450
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Holy Cow! You can't chance missing a look here any less than every couple of hours! I've been trying to catch up and the posts just keep a comin'. It's like O'hare. Slow down already!

Ike will help me get ready for take off tomorrow and Tue. Last minute as usual. I envy and bow to you, oh organized ones.

I may have missed any discussion on the wine and hors-d-orves <<< = ) "potluck". Day/time? And will there be any other "bring your plate and eat together" kind of meals? Just asking so I know what to expect.

Paula, thanks for leaping into action on those bandanas - an unexpected surprise. What a dear. I can't wait to meet everyone.

yeehaw!

2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #451
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
rivets, its all about the rivets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
I agree with Michelle!

Carol your baby is still under warranty - and there is no way that should be happening already - if so wow is the quality of aluminum ever different.
Filliform corrision is its technical name. It only forms on aluminum under a coating like paint. Since it is orginating from the rivets I suspect they overdorve the rivets when they put the panels on. This cut the coating and started the process.
Quote:

Hey M - brass wool does it work on all the window frames??? of an oldy.
Brass wool will work on anything aluminum. Never use steel on Aluminum. It will combine and cause problems when it rusts.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #452

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Sooo. did you change the tire?

Old 06-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #453
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Ok enough about my baby's complexion.

Suz, potluck oh yeah, bring a pot and hope for luck. Me I am going to be looking over my shoulder at every morsel you all eat, every meal, all day, every day. Can you say MOOCH?

Seriously, I am planning on bringing more food than I can eat and setting it out and thinking a few of you may too. I thought we would be pushing tables together outside or under the tent and just freshening up the food and drink as needed. One big fest. Sleep now.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #454
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
After 3 days on the road, I'm going to have to make a run to the Krogers to pick up some fresh food on Friday morning. Anybody up for doing that?

Might be fun to do wine tasting and bring your own grilling and shared sides on Friday after the tour. And happy hour (hors douvres, byob) and potluck on Saturday. Would this work? Any other ideas, just jump right in here....

I can share my grill. Anybody else bringing a grill?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 AM   #455
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
I'll be coming pic nic basket style and can manage maybe a toaster over perhaps a microwave and tea pot - leaving the grill for the honey.

I can make a snack called "crabbies" they are great cold or hot - just need to pick up the ingredients. (crab meat, cream cheese, butter, english muffins)

Not sure what they are allowing over the boarder these days - Have heard of full cooler fulls being tossed in the garbage on the way in - so there is no point waisting money and food .

Carol the potluck tent sounds like a great idea! (especially for me )
Carol I think the little worms are cute and give those real nice new ones some character (NOT but at least it is easier to swallow at the cost of a new one)

I look at my skin and want perfect and have to keep reminding myself that she is 44 years old. Why my own skin at 46 has just started the stretching elastic band look and things just are not as firm as they used to be..

Well went to bed quite chuffed last night with our progress. But I think I will give the honey a break on the wiring - so I have decided to tack up the interior walls so that we do not have to take too many rivets out when I get home.

I still have to get this baby to the welder to put on some changes. Not too mention take her for a test drive see how she feels - there is nothing in her so she might just react like a balloon. I am thinking of still hooking up the full system to keep her nice and tight and steady - weigth distribution and all.

Today is accessorizing day for me....cleaning some of the windows, repairing the rear screen, possibly checking out the curtain rods from the excella. Painting some of the pieces to go back in for the trip - fridge scoop, bathroom light - although there is no bathroom to speak off It is just that it mounts to the end cap - the other two mount to the bulkheads which I will not have.

May clean up the A-Frame and bumber a bit if I have time - and get it's first coat of primer on it.

Nevertheless another full day of work on the LadyBug - while you guys are packing.... cheers - getting real close now!!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #456
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Sharon what a hard worker you are!! You will have to put your feet up at the rally! I totally understand about the curtains

Michelle, nope I didn't change the tire but I watched!!

Its the leveling part I need to be sure of if I want the fridge to work! Going to be working on that when I set up for sure....

Jamie have a great trip!! This is so exciting!! If I'm there early enough Fri I'll hit Krogers with you. I can bring a charcoal grill if needed, though I'm not the designated griller in our family so...

Suz have fun towing with Vickie and Carol!!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #457
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I'm bringing a grill too. Good idea for Friday Jamie. We might serve our signature dishes Saturday??? If I find a griddle I was thinking sausage and french toast one morning if no griddle than sausage and using Sharon's toaster.

photography
Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #458
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Carol the potluck tent sounds like a great idea! (especially for me )
Ohhhh -- potluck tent! I get it now. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. That a great idea, Carol.

Sharon -- Don't worry about bringing food over the border. You can probably find everything you need here. Either at the potluck tent or on a grocery run.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #459
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Boy...sounds like you all are getting down to the details, packing it up and taking it on the road!

Sorry I'm not able to join in on this one...got my own "gig" a bit further south. Have fun, be safe and Carol...I'm sure disappointed we won't be kicking up our heels at the International "Night Club", give 'em something to talk about...

You sure, you girls don't want to extend your trip and swing around to the south for a bit? You'll gain lots of "extra credit" points in Towing 101 ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #460
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Shari, I am really going to miss our dance too. I owe you a magarita, now we'll have to figure out when! You have a great caravan, that has to be so cool. Saw the list for VAC, that's certainly impressive. We'll be having a mini open house with our vintage units of Suz, Steph and Sharon. And our tent won't be quite as big. But we will do our best to duplicate that easy fun loving spirit you all have going on. Safe travels. Think you could drop off that nail polish?

photography
Old 06-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #461

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Ok here is a test.
what is the procedure for changing a tire?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #462
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Think you could drop off that nail polish?
Rumor has it...that "sombody" attending your rally may be sporting some Del Sol glitter polish of their own...maybe she'll share!

Shari

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote