Old 06-16-2007, 05:21 PM   #435
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
OMG I am tired!!!

Just come in for something to eat. Dinner Time.

Ohh yeah - the floor is in - now I take over and seal the cracks with resin and tie the two pieces with a bit of glass.

Picked out the heater hole and will seal after dinner.

Could not wait to take pics to show you. The compounding does leave minute scratches - but I have to get some fine stuff (nuvite I think S) and a random probably dual head "storm" to do the buffing -but a long way off that yet.

But I do see how people get adicted. Once you start you want mirror and nothing else will do. But like I say - the motto here is not a beauty contest (yet) it is to get this baby nice and dry - NO leaks!!! and clean up a bit of the PO,O's mess.

Don't have time to work on the registration plate right now - so we just put it back for now - but will get her painted up soon enough.

There is my cool little Ontario Motor League emblem....

Just up to the right of the emblems we plan on installing a Porch light. It would have been nice to go on the other side - but we have one of those doors that open to the right rather than the left.

Still have to take the plastic off - and patiently waiting for our Rivet Shaver. Hoping it will arrive Monday so we can go to town on the rivets that need shaving.

I am stuck not being able to do the actual window opening frames - until my glass backing tape comes in. Also waiting on the bulb seal that sits on the frame.

Almost time to put the hose to her - as soon as we get the plumbing stacks up we will be good for testing the seams to see if I need to do them before I leave.

There is a lot of hand work to do with the polishing and I am hoping to find a rotary tool that is below 3500rpms preferably 1500rpm.

Everyone talks about "variable speed" but if the base speed is more than 1500rpm it just bakes the polish on making it a lot harder to do the job...dremels and others are no good for this work - is there anything else out there - (Shari- the one you mentioned was also 5000rpm+)

Well must take a break and have a glass of wine now while the Hubby cooks me burgers... "well chosen, well trained" and I Luv'hm!!! and will miss him (can I bring him???)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7935.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	39357   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7937.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	39358  

Old 06-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #436
_

. , .
hey ladies...

so when and who is coming to j/c on what day?

i'm still here next to art in the terra port too.

might stay a nother few night just to see the girls...

fyi the tour is everyday at 2pm.

did it every DAY this week. had lunch with eli friday...

while friday is neat because the workers are gone home, the plant is really quiet.

i personally like going on the tour while they are working on line...

then you see them BUILDING units.

and the bandanas would make the working line folks ALL laugh.

they really need a laugh right now.

also there are about 2-3 times as many women on the line now as i've ever seen here...

so m-t-w-t, you can watch women build airstreams!

having done the tour 20+ times i like that....

get here soon ladies!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #437
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Vickie - just noticed your avatar!!!

How about I just pull up along side you - then you can throw your awning right over the LadyBug and still have room for a party in the front

Ask Daniel how many more sleeps???

Ladies I'm bringing my GUN - Rivet Gun that is - we can do as Carol said - have a craft class and rivet pieces of aluminum together.

We are not taking our trailers to JC are we?? or just pile in a couple of cars for the tour??? (I don't want to drive because I want to drink! - I will need it not want needit! )
Old 06-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #438
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Now see Ladies how refined and demure we all are. Two of you discussed axles right here in this thread and we didn't even need Bob to moderate.
That's so true, Carol. I can say sincerely that I hardly ever get upset over axles.

Sharon, you're welcome to share my shade any ol' time. But Vicki's is probably the awning that will fit all of us under. And don't forget to leave some of that polishing for me. Wax on, wax off. That's my new exercise routine. I spent this morning washing and Walbernizing (now try to explain that to a manicurist ) and I've got a feeling that's sissy compared to what you've been doing.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #439
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Sissy - NO WAY - waxing is an arm stretcher just like the best of the tasks.

I have had a break this year - I am usually waxing our boat (okay Peters Boat) So it is pay back this year. "Everything is about Sharon's Trailer" he says.

We just had a 10 minute flop on the floor - front window slightly open with the fantastic fan on - what a nice breeze! Can't say much for the floor though - flippin hard.

Just can not imagine everything back in yet - I suppose we will be double timing it when I get back - so we can have a real vacation in her this summer.

Axles - just ax me I see if I can help It is a big heavy thing that the trailer sits on and the wheels attach to sometimes with hubs that work and brakes too that makes the trailer capable of going to the RSSR -

Jamie I do hear you on the exercise bit. I woke up this morning and could harldy move my arms - and thought what the heck....was from about an hour of compounding - yikes - I wonder what I will feel like tomorrow morning.

I am afraid one of you will have to fly over hear and drive me to the Rally. Just strap me to the floor in LadyBug and wake me up when you get to J-C.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #440
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Me too I am beat. Walbernized half, never walbernized before myself. Whew. Tomorrow I may pay for that. Where's the Ibprofin? Any filiment corrosion Jamie? I found many spots and the panel's edge. Now to decide which of the htree products "the boys" were touting as best, acf50, corrosion X, or Boeshield T-9. Pooh... What the heck, not like my house couldn't use dusting...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #441
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Ouch. Yes, my arms are a little sore this morning. But Ms. Sally is sparkling! I didn't notice any filiform, Carol, just lots of spots of artillery fungus still from an attack last fall. My fingernail is the only thing that seems to pop those off, then the Walbernize cleans up the residue.

Sharon, the ride to Ohio and time at the rally should be a relaxing break for all of us, and especially for you after all the work on the Ladybug. It's the perfect time of year for a roadtrip!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 06-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #442
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Don't know if there is a fungus among us, but it is on a gravel pad well away from any trees or mulch. I didn't see a picture of the fungus but you described it as black and this is white. However I have taken my nail to many a spot and streak of sealant. Now I need Shari's polish to make my nails sparkle!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2788.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	39402  

photography
Old 06-17-2007, 10:00 AM   #443
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
2air sure would like to see all the women working on the line at Jackson Center but we won't all be assembled until Friday. Hang in there! We're acoming.

photography
Old 06-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #444
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Carol,
Is that a cut in your clear coat? if so you have corrosion starting? Take some acetone (nail polish remover) and tak the coating off in the area. Brass wool the area. Not steel! Put some nail polish over it until you can get a can of clear coat from the factory.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #445
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I have smaller spots like those in about 15 places and the end cap seam (1/2 the AS only checked out so far) and most of the rivets and some expanding from there. No time to do that now, if ever and the new rims. Life is short and I have a feeling it would be a losing battle. But I am interested in the products to stop it from spreading to apply globally. Have you effected a perfect spot treatment in the clear coat?

Too hot today in the sun and no clouds or shade to Walbernize, did the front lower and 303ed the rest of the window gaskets. Michelle what do I clean painted surfaces with like the covers for the heater and hw heater and the battery box lid, removing stain and water deposits but not the paint and the raw inside aluminum trim of the windows?

photography
Old 06-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #446
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
The only way to stop that is to remove the coating treat the corrosion and re-coat. You are still under warrenty get them to fix it before it gets too bad.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #447
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Don't know if there is a fungus among us, but it is on a gravel pad well away from any trees or mulch.
You can see a picture of artillery fungus on leaves here. Try to picture these little dots on an aluminum surface and that's what I've been dealing with. I've been able to get it off almost everywhere but on the white top of the Airstream where I have a hard time reaching. It's really miserable stuff.

Let's all get together and assess Carol's aluminum dermititus at the rally. Maybe we can come up with a beauty cream treatment that will clear up those unsightly blemishes.
-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 06-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #448
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey hey!! This is getting exciting! I've got to wash up the trailer too now that we're back from the campground. Passed dumpstation 101, glad I had the boots on though gotta keep that toe nail polish looking good!

We had a some sidewall tire damage and changed the tire at the campground, so I told Margaritaville that she has it out of her system now and doesn't need to do that til next time Dave's around