Old 06-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #421
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Susan. Thanks for the good wishes and yes please come when you can, sorry it won't be this time. Congratulations on your new Airstream. So glad to hear our group of sisters is expanding! Vickie was thinking Branson...and you see Sharon is already ready before she even gets ready for now. Now however did you know we have a soft spot for fruit of the vine?

Bob, thanks for the generous helping of good karma. We will be careful and thanks for the appreciation and vote of confidence. That's very nice to hear.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:14 AM   #422
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Sharon... You go girl... ... wish I was coming with you... but work calls... maybe we can have a fall get together... or even better.. everyone could come south and visit with us.. Everyone drive safely and have a good time... PS ask personally for the tour of the Airstreams parked out front.. they are locked and willl only open for special people.. ie The Rivettes... .... Enjoy...Sharon be careful with your leg...

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:17 AM   #423
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Hi Rivettes!

I'm currently staying at the Terrport AS in JC. Is there anything I can do in advance for your group, let me know.

Free WiFi on site.

FYI, the closest Walmart SS is at I-75 ex 111.

Laundermat: a few blocks
Post office : a few blocks
WBCCI: a few blocks

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #424
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Sharon, I am just amazed at your fortitude, skills and PROGRESS!!! You ROCK!!! I really wish I could be there to see your little LadyBug and the result of your mad skillz!

The tow truck idea is great, but it would have to be a flatbed so Brad could keep working on it while we're underway, lol.

I read this whole topic last night, and the one thing overall I noticed was how positive and upbeat everyone is. Awesome!

I would love to see pics when ya'll get back!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #425
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Annie, that is a teriffic idea! Thanks! Paula can you run that by Jean and Jeff possibly? At Homecoming I was amazed at the interiors of those units. What a thrill it would be to see them open.

Michael, HI. Thank you for the offer. Ladies get your lists together! LOL Seriously though you can give us a weather report and tell us the must see units on the line for the tour. Have you been over to the WBCCI Headquarters? Jamie and I and perhaps all will be stopping in to meet the women behind the scenes. You can warn Don, the tour guide, that he has this crazy group descending upon him next Friday. Maybe he'll let us do a rivet!!!!! That would be cool for me, probably old hat for Sharon. I wish I could take a picture of that. I wonder if we do not shoot any Airstreams or any top secret secrets if they would relax the no camera rule for people pictures. Perhaps you would ask Don for me if he would bring a scrap of aluminum and a rivet gun outside the factory for an interactive demo and photo.

photography
Old 06-15-2007, 10:27 AM   #426
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Carol,
Don's a real nice guy! by the way, did you know that he is a retired AS worker who has volunteered for years to do the tour just because!

There are many NEW models on the line, like the "SPORT", a light weight Bambi model with Tambour locker doors.

The weather has been warm and humid, so fire up those AC's ladies!

I'll warn Don.

How many Rivettes will be arriving?

Drive safe and I look forward to meeting you all.

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #427
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Paula,

OH! I didn't find a bandanna or even fabric either. Ummmm .... if you still have to pick some up would you please grab one for me too? No special trips though, please. I forgot about ordering solstice gear and now it's too late for the SSR = (

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #428
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quest for Bandanas!

Always saw them when I didn't want them but scouted two places yesterday and didn't find them. AHA! Went to Hancock Fabrics today and found the fabric. Now to the trusty serger! Will probably have to do the hems AT the Rally, but what the heck... Imagine lint flying from the machine as the serger cuts and hems them!

Paula

Paula
Old 06-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #429
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Cool Paula! You are spoiling us. Called Vicki today, seems I am pestering with more frequency, oh to get out of the gate Wednesday!!!!! Yow!~!!!!

Michael thanks too. I had no idea Don does it just because. That is brand loyalty. Airstream rules! I think there are about 9 of us but tour candidates may vary, beside we may try to ditch whats her name. It will be good to meet you. I take it you are bonding seriously with the aluminum world in the terraport. We shall see you soon then. Got to see that new sport and Bambi and give it a good inspection!

photography
Old 06-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #430
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Oh wow - while I have been "Pickin away in the heat" you'all have been gabing here!!!

Lets see how my day has been. With Peter home now for 5 days I am laughing all the way to the bank - speaking of which anyone got any cash they could lend me!

What with three dog vet bills and new glasses there goes my gas money, food injection money, beer money, officer money, bribes at the border, a few extra bucks slipped into Don's pocket for some extra rivets and the list goes on....the grassy spot to park the LadyBug...Board at several other ladies trailers.

If it is really hot I am hanging out with ANYONE OR ALL that have AC cause that will be the one thing I will not have in the GT and not sure will ever have. But may think of one of those little portable units....

Peter has been working on the clearance lights today - had a huge bonus and found it was prewired 46 years ago - took some patience and skill to fish the wires - but we did not have to take all the ceiling panels off which is a huge time saver.

Me - continued with the picking of the old vulkum out of the side window frames, cleaned out the PO's mess as well wiped it all down and dried her up. Re-sealed with the Tremco 635 (for now had no time to wait for the new stuff.) It works great if you take the time to take the old stuff out, have a nice clean surface and sirynge the new stuff in , clean it up and then coat with a final layer of gutter seal - and the amazing part is that it is all FLUSH with the window frame and not all goopping out like you see so many others do.

I have two more windows to apply the seal to tonight and then move onto the roof seam skylight and fantastic fan. Let it dry - then put the hose to her and actually see if any of the cap seams are leaking. I suspect that they are not but to be on the know I must do the experiment to be satisfied.

Then back to compounding the rear rub rail and rear name plate area. So that I can install the new plates - we might split that one - as Peter is just as excited working on her as I am....so I must share and give him some fun jobs too.

The floor will be done tonight too and then he is moving to the wiring - as I will be moving to further restoring the lights.

Well that is my break over for another few hours....
Old 06-16-2007, 03:10 AM   #431
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
1:30 Friday!

Pre-tour with Jim - maintenance of axles, brakes, etc. Whoooo hooo a full half hour and all he wants is some lunch.

I'm heading out at about noon tomorrow. Bandanas are DONE! 10 of them. I may be coughing red lint for a day or two.

Paula
Old 06-16-2007, 07:11 AM   #432
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Wow! While I've been runnin' around taking care of last minute craziness (it never ends) for the trip and June madness with the kids, you ladies have been heating up the forums. And look at all this help and support from RSSR followers!!!! You guys rock! Artstream -- thanks so much for your offer, and CanoeStream -- what a pleasant surprise to have a drop-in guest.

Paula -- that's great on the bandanas! I have a red one to bring (though not polka-dot) and will bring it and any extras, if I have any. If anyone is still shopping for these, I think they can be found at Michael's Art & Craft stores, and also at REI if you have one in your area (they're scarce!)

Alumatube -- would be great to meet you and all the ladies who aren't making it to this one. We'll go south someday. We're just gettin' started...

Sue -- Not to worry. If you missed getting a souvenir from the RSSR07 cafepress store, those items will still be available after the rally too.

Sharon, sounds like the Ladybug is ready to fly!!! I can hear the buzzin' all the way from MA. When is lift-off?

See you soon!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #433
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
Pre-tour with Jim - maintenance of axles, brakes, etc. Whoooo hooo a full half hour and all he wants is some lunch.

I'm heading out at about noon tomorrow. Bandanas are DONE! 10 of them. I may be coughing red lint for a day or two.

Paula
Oh soooo cool - never wore a bandana before - sure hope I don't look like I have gone hairless with such a short haircut... Very nice of you Paula!!!!

I just might bring some polishing supplies and you all can stand facing the trailer and just rub a single spot so you can see yourself - I will call "all change" and you can move around and shine another spot LadyBug is starting to show more silver shinny spots all over. Anywhere she leaked or had a part taken off has been compounded - so she looks kind of funny now. Even the Globe Trotter emblem was leaking so off it came along with all the other emblems. I had purchased a vintage CAA/AAA - Ontario Motor League emblem that I am installing under the "B.J. Trailer Inc, Mobile Homes" Emblem (serviced St.Petersburg, Tampa & Clearwater) I presume that is where this trailer was sent strait from Ohio. Does anyone know of it - is the dealer still around?

Cool on the axle care chit chat. I hear the new ones have the saftelubes in them which makes life a bit easier.

I hate to say it but I know far too much about axles!!! and I am sure some guys out there will agreeeeeeee Have to give the guys the kudos though for installation - I don't think I could ever do it without a concrete floor and a heavy duty rolling jack thingy.

We have had gorgeous weather - working on the LadyBug - so we sort of pretend that we are actually camping in a place that does not mind people working on their trailers

I have no awning - and that is going to be a later on present for sure - but I think I will be checking out the vintage style awnings for this little one. In the interim just might have to hang out under everone elses awning for the Rally....

Yep a must on the agenda at this coming Rally is plans for a fall rally AND and winter snow bird rally. I could travel and Hubby could fly out for a week. I don't mind driving in the snow as long as your really careful and take is slow - ice is a bad thing though and I get off the road for that. (Right Michelle? even the best of us can not 'do' ice!)

Well the sun is off the back of the trailer now and shaded by the big maples so I am back out to seal up the roof and compound the rear nameplate area........

Just looking at wiring as the big to do now once Peter finishes off a little hole in the floor by the battery box. He will put in a drawer in the battery box and then move to the wiring - running everything for rough in if we run out of time.

I need him out of there to paint soon too. Thus the walls will need to go back in.... oh just so many little things to do -0 and then I have to pack the wine
Old 06-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #434
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Now see Ladies how refined and demure we all are. Two of you discussed axles right here in this thread and we didn't even need Bob to moderate.

Sharon we GOT AIR, we're cool, and we have awnings and if you're very good we will give you the run of the place. Do not worry about Lady Bug being shy of anything. I like your polish idea, always thinking, ah huh!

Paula thanks for arranging the extended special seminar and the bandanas, I think she deserves the silver rivet award, what do you say gals?

Oh Sue, I knew one of us was bound to go topless.

photography