Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #581
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Yepper, ladies, I CAN TOW IT! And Doug survived it all just fine, even the accident avoidance. I kept steady on the wheel and he was whipping out the cell phone to place the 911 call as I pulled off the highway. No time to think -- just DO IT! It was like driving a truck and trailer on a racetrack with the car flipping over on the side, the dust and smoke rolling out, spare tire flying. Crazy!! And we had no idea what to tell the 911 operator about our location other than the highway we were on, local roadsigns and landmarks, etc. Emergency response was there almost immediately and the only one they had to treat was one witness (not from our truck, thank goodness) throwing up on the side of the road from the shock of the whole thing.

Carol, and gals, those are some great pictures you got of all of us. I really did enjoy meeting all of you, too. Vickie put out a most amazing spread for all of us after the factory tour. I am in awe of her hostessing. I just had to share the Texas caviar recipe and Steph's lemon tarts with family in OH, so I looked up recipes online.

I know we're not supposed to rally and tell, but to all who haven't met Sharon she is as fun offline as she is online. And Carol is the photog Queen, most definitely, and the people-person of all time. A mover and shaker (and hula-hooper! ). A special thanks to Paula for the microfiber cloth ( ), and to Sue (orange pop anyone? ), and Lou and Larrita for the fun and laughs.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #582
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Ahhhh mannn - with Jamie home now - that means it really is over!

Has anyone gone back to page one of this thread - it is really funny to read all the posts leading up to our big event!!!

I had forgotten all about the first camp and it's set of rules - and the sub rules I wrote I read basically for the first time - a little different than when you are writing them - they even made me laugh - as some of them could have applied to the new camp too.

And the ins and outs - meaning those who were coming and then those who could not and those who changed their minds and how about all those who said this sounds great...but just was not quite ready to make that leap of faith and venture out by themselves.

So when is the next one?

Here is an idea - take a huge leap and head across the border! As you will all need passports in 2008 - it would be a good idea to order yours now and there is no rush. I think someone said they are either 5, 7 or 10 year expiry??? They are well worth it.

For many of you it may be a brand new first -

First for ever having a passport
First experience at the Border Canadian and returning home to USA.
First tow ever (for all those who did not make it this summer)
First international adventure!

Anyway there are several crossings and anyone of them could make for a nice spot to camp - at either a Provincial Park or Private Resort, Or a local/municipal or town facility - many of which have power, water and dumping facilities.

Where I live is about central to the east or west ends of lake ontario/erie. For me it is an 8 hour drive to central MI and central VT - to give you an idea.

For you Michigan gals - I would even be willing to meet you at Port Huron and lead a Caravan for you to where ever we may decide to end up. (even if you wanted to do something in the State side of Niagrafalls(NY) and wanted to come in to Canada to make your trip a bit more interesting and adventurous. We could then pick up lots of Rivettes on the south side and head to a US location if that will work too.

While I have you gals out there - anyone interested in heading where it is warm for a spell in the winter????
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #583
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Well......how many miles (from the border) on the Canadian idea and how many days at rally? The days away would most likely influence a yes or no on any event. Also if it's a vacation of sorts I'd want share it with dear hubby also. Neither of us have done much traveling and to not do, see, and experience together might be a drain on funds in regard to other travel opportunities.

Now onto a warm place for a spell. What month? and where? If the timing is right we might be able to swing by on our way south to escape MI weather.

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #584
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Well......how many miles (from the border) on the Canadian idea and how many days at rally? The days away would most likely influence a yes or no on any event. Also if it's a vacation of sorts I'd want share it with dear hubby also. Neither of us have done much traveling and to not do, see, and experience together might be a drain on funds in regard to other travel opportunities.

Now onto a warm place for a spell. What month? and where? If the timing is right we might be able to swing by on our way south to escape MI weather.

sue
Well we could look at running the wine country along the south shore of Erie and cross over at Niagara Falls (For a first Trip maybe longer up along L.ON in the future) It would be sort of a loop around Lake Erie - and where we settle for the Weekend would be a bit more accessible to many potential Rivettes from the East and Central East - as well as possibly more Canadian Gals.

totally understand the Hubby Trip - but there will have to be one rule - and Larrita was the initiator - any guys that are present their first meeting must be in a wig and dress!!! for the first 3 hours - no exceptions. Have already got Peter's dress picked out!!!

Not sure on the US side of Niagara - but thought we could park on the Canadian side and do the Canadian side of NF (okay so it is nicer!!) Then head wagons ho in the morning for the camping.

I would say a 4 day trip total - some would have to do possibly 5 - but most could reach in a day.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #585
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up Lets do it again!

Hey rivettes!! I'd love to get together again! It would be great to plan something we could drag hubbies/kids/sig others to! Sharon are you including Pt Pelee?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 AM   #586
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Home At Last!

Hi Everyone,

Danielle and I have finally returned home from 3 weeks of Airstreaming. For all of you Airstream sisters out there that were unable to make this special journey, you missed a very special time. We hope that you will be able to join us on our next adventure. It was truly an amazing experience and one that words just cannot do justice. Our connection was felt at our February Rivette Rush but grew stronger after our solo travels. Some of us were fortunate enough to begin our rallying early by caravaning to our campground destination. Let me just say to all of you that are not ready to hit the road solo, caravaning is a great way to gain the experience of solo towing while not traveling alone. So come on you can tow it, too! Danielle and I were blessed to have GREAT traveling buddies. So much so we could go just about anywhere as long as we had Suz (eikel1we) and Step (tin sista) to caravan with.

This was my first rally and did not have any other rallies to compare it with. However, I was assured by others that it was different in the most positive of ways. We intentionally did not preplan our food and activities, except for the arrangments that Paula (Foiled Again) made for our Airstream Factory tour. Thanks again, Paula! It was amazing how perfectly EVERYTHING turned out.

I feel so honored to have shared this experience with such a talented, gracious, and halariously funny group of people. I was going to say women but did not want to exclude Larrita, a very BRAVE individual!

Thanks to each of you for the gifts. They will be reminders of all the fun we shared in the cornfields of Ohio. Thanks also for making Danielle feel so included! Most importantly, just as we toasted one evening, thanks to our husbands for their support of our individuality.

I will post pictures a little later. Although I do not have many that are different from those already posted. Great photos!

Looking forward to making this an annual tradition! So where are we traveling to next?

Vickie (Mrs. Towdaddy) and Danielle (Miss Towdaddy)
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 AM   #587
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Ooops I forgot you were not home yet Vickie - excuse my earlier post - for some reason I thought you were home for the 4th of July celebrations.

So Congratulations are in order then - whoooohhhoooo You Towed It Girl! and we all survived to tell the "story" and some story indeed!

As Vickie says to all you sistas out there - jump on in to the thread everyone is welcome. You will get all the support you need....

I hear by the grape vine that for various reason the movement is catching on! Fellas it is okay - we can drive and we are pretty good at it - just think of all those times you thought - "I would love a nap right now" but had to forge on because of "why"?

For those women single out their and want to travel - what a perfect beginning - and for all those couples what huge piece of mind and a truly family experience your Airstreaming can become...

so a big YOU CAN TOW IT! - to all.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 AM   #588
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi there, Sharon,

No excuses necessary. Our site at River Ridge is our second home or as Danielle calls it, "home, home". I just don't have internet access there. Maybe someday. Then I may not go home all summer! It was so hard to miss out on all posts before and after our rally.

I'm so glad that everyone made it home safely. WE DID IT! And can't wait to DO IT AGAIN!

Lady Bug was so cute and so homey just as she was. You are amazingly talented! I just can't wait to see the final restoration. Keep us updated.

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #589
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Vickie, hey you are home. For home long? Missed your internet presence and seeing you too! Post your pictures, Suz, you have pics too. Anyone else? Paula, Jamie? I'd say we have the click in clique...but that does not mean we aren't wanting more of you ladies out there to join us. Our soriority is inclusive.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #590
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Hey rivettes!! I'd love to get together again! It would be great to plan something we could drag hubbies/kids/sig others to! Sharon are you including Pt Pelee?
Is that "drag hubbies" or hubbies in drag? I think Sharon's on to something with having Larrita's friends along for a rally.

I would love to meet up with you all again. Lake Erie wine country would work for me, and so would Michigan. I'm up for Canada, too. Just gotta get working on that passport. Getting a date that works will also be tricky for me. But Silver Sisters are a priority now , so I'll do what I can to make it work.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #591
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Pt Pelee is a good on the route place too. I just thought for the N- MI gals it might be an extra bit of fun to travel into Ontario at least and run the north shore of Erie towards Niagara Falls. Beautiful Bird watching -but I have never looked into it for Rv'ing which I will do.

Thought it would be great to pick a spot on the US side and those who do not want to cross the border can hang on the south side for a bit - then maybe they would be brave enough to come across with just the car to do the Falls touristy thing - Maid of the Mist - etc. (last time I did that was when our family had a run on the family visits from over seas....and then they wanted to take a quick day trip to the rockies ha ha - those English and Welsh live a sheltered life )

After the cool side of the Falls we would all then head to the south side. To a spot ????

Now, would we be thinking of this for next summer or how about Falls in the Fall - do you think we could pull it off for late September early October anyone??? the colours will be gorgeous - especially with this season.

After the sizzling weekend we just had a nice cooler climate would be nice..Hey did anyon notice that it rained pretty much most of the weekend....just noticed in some of the pictures - it did rain a lot - but did not even phase our goings on.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #592
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Canada would be a great visit anytime. I hope to revisit Stratford for the festival in the future too, would that be something of interest for a rivette and entourage run?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #593
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Rivettes.. This is a great park... near Clarion... Penn... Beautiful country and the park is the same.. people so friendly..
Hey, Annie, we stopped at Penn Wood on our way home. It would be a great place to meet up (if they would have us ). It was beautiful, and the people were very friendly and nice.

Canada would be great too! Tell us more about the festival, Steph. Is that just for a certain time of the year?
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #594
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet Problem with posting pics -- ME!

[quote=wheel interested] "............. Post your pictures, Suz, you have pics too. Anyone else? Paula, Jamie? ..................." Carol, I really don't have but a very few and nothing different that what's already been posted. And I don't know how either! I can send to you and have you post them? You take such great photos! I have a couple on the computer I'd like to post but don't know how to do that either. Would like to take some pics from the SSR site and download to the computer but don't know how (if it's even possible) to do that either. Sad huh? Gotta jit now, sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #595
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Suz, let's do the easy one first. Are you using Windows?

To save pictures from here, right-click on the picture and select save picture as. In the window that opens at the top, in the save in line, click the down arrow at the end, it will expand to show the contents of your computer and navigate to the My Pictures folder or where ever you want to save the pictures to, click save.

To post your pictures from your computer from the reply to thread box, select additional options > manage attachments and then a window will pop up to upload your picture from your computer, at the right of the first line click browse and then navigate to your picture and click on it then click open at the bottom and then click upload. After you see the picture listed underneath the bottom of your reply to thread box in additional options under attach files, click submit reply.

I would be glad to post your pictures if you e-mail them to me. But better still, give me a call and I will walk you through it, if you are still having difficulties.

About the pictures being the same...heard that before too from Vicki, ummm since we were in the same place at the same time with the same people that is not surprising... but each shot is unique to itself don't you think?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #596
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
the more pictures the better!!!!

Art and Experience can never be repeated twice (hence I could never play the same piece the same way twice - ever) Just as Carol says - a snippet of life's experience caputured on camera will be as different as the gal standing next to you taking the same shot. Colour lighting, perspective, and the subject (if me that never stands still or shuts up) will have different expressions in each of the photos taken in a group.

Each of us are special!!! and all our moments we take back with us are special including the pictures we have taken - they tell something about what that person felt excited about - enough to remember to take a picture....(or in my case when I could find my camera )

Once you learn with Carol's help you will find it very easy to do - just ask Aria - she had a go of it the first time too and many times after that - but once mastered boy oh boy what a feeling!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #597
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Re passports

Hello US Silver sisters... A passport is not needed to travel by land here until next year... if travelling by air yes it is mandatory... Passports make crossing the border into any country so much easier
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #598
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Hello US Silver sisters... A passport is not needed to travel by land here until next year... if travelling by air yes it is mandatory... Passports make crossing the border into any country so much easier
Hey Girl!!! you need a Rivette Lesson here it is.....Never put off what you can do today to tomorrow. The saying used to be the otherway around....

There is a huge back log on their passport system right now - so if they apply RIGHT NOW they may get one in time for next year if we do the border hopping.

Lesson over tee hee

Yes gals you can come this year without one - I have heard at the border that they are asking if you have applied and there are letters that you can attain apparently to say that you will be applying or something to that affect.....I guess they are making up the data base of people as they get closer to the enslaught of passport processing on this side as well.

I think mostly they used the id system that the Police use with Birth Certificates and license plate ID so that will all change when the passports come into affect - they will have to have something to cross reference to????

So Annie - are you gonna have costalotta ready for the next one??? What about the Fall??? I know you would be heading south - so that would mean Mariviana would be sporting a new wig and dress for the occasion Maybe I could convince Petulia to come as well
Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #599
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Sharon.. Is it Petula...??? .... than must be Marvina.... Got all the parts for Costalotta but in need of a new frig... trying to convince Hubby to take the Argosy to Elkhart in late August after it is painted to get it... would you be up for a caravan there??? Probably would have to be the w/e after Labour day... we are babysitters for that w/e and the last one in August... Have lots to do to the trailer... am home for lunch and must get back to work.. chat with you later..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #600
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Hello Sharon.. Is it Petula...??? .... than must be Marvina....
I dun know Annie I think Pe-too-lee-a has a nice ring as would Mar-Vee-Anna don't you think???

Lets see there would be....
Dave day-vee-anna

Jeff Je-feel-ia

Ike Eye-Keen-ia

Doug Do-ough-na - sort of a slur on that one

Brad Bra-dean-ia

Have I missed any....