Old 06-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #393
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Laura, true true words. How many of us have felt obliged to step aside while we let a man handle something all the while anxious to redo it as soon as he is out of sight?
No kidding!

Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #394
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Girls Night Out

Girls Night Out!

June 21-23 just minutes away from Jackson Center Ohio. C'mon along!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #395
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
A celebration of life, liberty, strength, and [equality (if not more )] Count down 10 days!

photography
Old 06-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #396
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Thanks for the reminder Carol....

Hubby has taken several more days off work - I was hoping that he would not have to use any more time - so we will have a busy week I am sure.

More compounding around the windows and compartments for me and then I have an appointment with a needle - sealant applicator that is.

Now the LadyBug smells and is starting to look a bit more respectable she was able to move into a nice spot for her final preparations.

She has taken on a smaller hat - and is now sporting safety corners. Hopefully the hat will be replaced by Wednesday with the new Skylight.

Well off to a long day of working on you know who!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7811.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	38964   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7816.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	38965  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7817.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	38966  
Old 06-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #397
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
What a beautiful spot for making a happy Lady Bug! She looks real good tucked in that pretty setting. How do the dogs like her?

photography
Old 06-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #398
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Never thought of it that way - and Peter even mentioned yesterday that he had a LadyBug (Live one) fly in through the door and land on his arm while working on the skylight trim. Must be good luck.

As for the dogs - they were all in and out of it yesterday. Haily is funny she does not like the metal steps as it moves slightly and makes a noise - so she jumps from the ground in and out.

Taz loves the door way even when we have it closed she can see out of the screen door. She is going to love the couches when they are both in - and she will be able to jump back and forth and look out all the windows.

Her favorite spot in the 69 was at the side window by the door and she would rest her head on the shelf.

Just icing the knee before I go out and do the front of the trailer where the old name plate was - camera battery has died so I need more to continue taking pics and we have NO food in the house - so will be heading to meet Hubby after work do that grocery and trailer supply run!

9 more Sleeps - YIKES I am getting butterflies about the distance I have to travel alone....

PS are we getting a tour of Jackson Centre???
Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #399
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
WHAT a bee-u-tee-ful Ladybug, Sharon! She looks absolutely young again sitting there in the garden surroundings. What a fine traveling companion you're going to have behind you on your way to Ohio!

So, which day for Jackson Center, folks?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #400
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Sharon-- ladybug has such lovely surroundings!! Did you landscape that just for her?

Can't wait for the rally!! Next weekend another trip I get to try out the dump station tutorial oh well, lets see compared to shoveling stalls, cleaning up after dogs and cats, changing diapers, washing baby spit up out of my hair, how bad can it be?

Carol thanks so much for inspiring me personally to tow! It is a good feeling to know what's going on with hitching, etc. and as I practice more and more I feel like wow why was I so scared to try this? Kudos Carol!!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #401
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Can't wait for the rally!! Next weekend another trip I get to try out the dump station tutorial oh well, lets see compared to shoveling stalls, cleaning up after dogs and cats, changing diapers, washing baby spit up out of my hair, how bad can it be?
Steph -- the dump station is a breeze compared to all of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Carol thanks so much for inspiring me personally to tow! It is a good feeling to know what's going on with hitching, etc. and as I practice more and more I feel like wow why was I so scared to try this? Kudos Carol!!
Hear, hear! A toast to Carol!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #402
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I feel like I should have a set of HMMMtee hee on. Got out the Man Grinder today - there is torque behind that puppy!!!! My arms are now 3 inches longer.

Great for Fly fishing - by the way all I would love to try that too!!! I have done some regular fishing in the locks for small mouth bass, and a few others I can not remember what Hubby called them.

I don't do fish for eating - not my fave - but do like the seafood/shellfish.

Crawfish never tried - but I sure would be game for a Caravan to hook up with 'T' - or head out to see Michelle then swing down to the South - boy Peter is going to feel like I am never home That can't happen)

PS on the Jackson Tour - A&M mentioned that JC only give tours on tuesdays or something like that??? I sure hope that is not right and that we know we can see the plant on a weekend???? Be real disapointing if we can't. (but it would put a smile on Peters face cause he was a tad envious!)

Well back out to paint the spare wheel J Cross thingy and get that baby back on.

I agree Steph that spot is real nice just to sit and listen to the birds and watch all the forest goings on. It is about 5 years old now - the garden and this year looks like it has been on steroids!

It would be nice if I could just sit and have nice cool Shandy's while watching another me do all the work
Old 06-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #403
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Aw Shucks Love ya woman. But it is all of you that deserve the kudos and THANKS for making it happen and as Nike would say, just doing it! Girl Power

Just ordered a slew of Rivette Rally gear. Time to plan my shopping list and menus.

photography
Old 06-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #404
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I've called the factory today...

But Eli Carder wasn't available. I'll call again tomorrow. As I remember it, the tour goes every day starting at either 1 or 2 pm. FRIDAY is the best day to take the tour as the week's production may be complete early in the afternoon. When that happens you can go through the line and all of the units actually in production.

I'll post details as soon as I hear back from him.... As a matter of fact, I'll e-mail him now, AND leave a message.

Paula Ford
Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #405
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
How Many?

On the rally announcement page only 8 of us have officially signed up.... Any more planning to attend but haven't posted. Need info for Airstream Factory.

Paula
Old 06-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #406
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey Paula,
Thanks for your hard work on the tour!! I doubt I'll be there on time for the tour, think I'll be getting to the campground around lunchtime on Friday.

Called the campground manager, we are all set. Andrea has been out the past few days so I'll keep trying as she's the woman who knows whats going on in the office

I told him the earliest ralliers will be there on Wednesday or so. Just be sure to say Airstream women when you check in. He says they'll put a tent up for us in case it rains so we could put tables under it. He's got the pull throughs set aside for us, just be sure to specify that as the place is huge!