Old 05-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #351
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Here's the cafepress link. I don't have the summer solstice graphic on there, but if Sharon can send that to me I can put it on too. (Sheesh, J, it's not like Sharon isn't rebuilding an Airstream right now or anything. )

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #352
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I certainly want a we can tow it Rosie one too. That way we match. Or is it blend? So many choices. They all look so good! Are we going to wear bandanas? I think the Western sisters got the jump(suit) on us for apparrel. I don't think I have that much fashion sense.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Well another semi good day - really hot and muggy here - but not complaining- just gets real hot when you are working around an airstream.

Lets see

Here is the list that still has to get done:
- Remove last inner lower wall skin
- Prep and get flashing made for the Skylight - PK Install
- Prep and run 12v wire for Fantastic fan - PK Install
- Final prep for side marker lights - going with the new ones SK install
- Repair two more spots on floor - PK does that.
- Seal and Paint floor (will forgo the new floor if I do not have time)
- Run 110 wire for the extra 3 outlets I want installed
- Run extra 12v wire for??? but running wire while panels are off.
- remove and reinstall plumbing stacks (all leak right now)
- install inner skins with new insulation and new floor - c-channel rubber spray at the joints.
- clean up A- frame and paint
- install breakaway switch
- install new chains
- install new battery and check systems - ugg like what systems - no pump but I will have the fan and the separate 12v lights - hmm that means I will have to install the inteli power too....or forgo the new fan - will see how it goes. I do have a dual fan that is reversable and can suck the air out of the trailer - not like it would take too long.
I think that will get me on the road - sealed up and safe.

I will have 110 power when I plug in for the lights and outlets so I am good there too.

What I won't have is cabinets, furniture, toilet, sinks, and no tanks or curtains - so like isn't that everything you need to call it a "trailer"

Now I think someone asked for pictures You can check out the flight of the ladybug thread to keep posted too - but here is where I am at today.

I know I know - you are thinking NO WAY she will never do it. But it is a lot more work taking the puppy apart than it is to put it back together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7623.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	38287   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7624.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	38288  

Old 06-01-2007, 07:13 AM   #354
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Great job, Sharon!

Wow Sharon,

I am so impressed with the progress that you have made so far . Lady Bug certainly looks better than the last time I saw her. I am looking forward to seeing her again and more importantly seeing you again.

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #355
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Cant make it this year Ill be coming home from Flight School in IL that weekend, and it seems like that weekend is always bad because I have an Amateur Radio Event that weekend every year, is it always on that weekend?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #356
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We don't have an always, this is our first. And hopefully subsequently it can be any where any time and will be fresh and different. Perhaps we can establish a tradition of change.

We have two pilots now, you and Michelle. You could have taught us about radios too. Mechanics, artisits, restoration experts, teachers...Gifted ladies, all of you, my gift is that I know who to hang with!

photography
Old 06-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #357
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow Sharon great work!! What a talented lady you are!! I didn't want to post on the ladybug thread and interrupt the flow of great pictures and info-so I just gave you karma!!-kudos!! I'll have to get some advice from you on working on the exterior of our trailer's little beauty mark from the po...

Carol, in the flyfishing class they told us to use the hula hoops to practice with as casting targets on the grass. (not with folks in them of course)

Jamie I'm bringing my feeble efforts at the Mason Dixon Peaches and Cream ballband dishcloth for advice/help from all you rivettes who knit, I just love how the finished product (that others do) looks, its the slip stitch purlwise, etc that gets me tangled up....
Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #358
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
We don't have an always, this is our first. And hopefully subsequently it can be any where any time and will be fresh and different. Perhaps we can establish a tradition of change.

We have two pilots now, you and Michelle. You could have taught us about radios too. Mechanics, artisits, restoration experts, teachers...Gifted ladies, all of you, my gift is that I know who to hang with!

Well knowing to hang out with is good! I know some about radios, I seem to know more about how to contact people on them , but hey, that works too.
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #359
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Add another to our list of participants Lin from Massachusetts is attending and bringing her mom! This promises to be one strong show of girl power. I am also getting pms and e-mails from new Rivettes who can't attend this event but will try in the future and are with us in spirit. Hey Hey We may have to have a little motto or cheer to go with our pinky shake ladies. Now who are our creative writers, I can think of a few right off, but have we a volunteer perhaps?

photography
Old 06-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #360
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Steph, your dish cloth is quite different from the one I knit. Would you share a pattern? Dish cloths are about as complex as I go in the knitting world! Thanks, G Carol, it's exciting to hear that the group is growing, and you have a new attendee! Are the newbies going to post so we all can get acquainted?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #361
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I do hope more ladies will introduce themselves here G. Lin has posted before and is three seas.

When I posted to the other list I did not direct traffic over here...(you may know how the list mistress feels about that!) I shall have to find out if she is a member here at AS forums, and a few others are in this thread or the other. We've begun to cc rally details now that we are coordinating the final plans.

photography
Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #362
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Gosh you guys - what is with all th kudos - you are really going to make my head swell so much that I would never be able to do THIS

Name:	100_7680.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	38473

The hand job "literally" would be saving one boob from being sliced by the aluminum - YIKES. Sure glad I lost a bit of weight or I might still be up there

Hubby wants to put the new fan in (a fun job for him) I said I could do it - but it is "bait" (see I fly fish too but in a different method....to my madness). We have been holding off taking the old vent out thinking we were going to have to run all new 12v wire. The model we have is a base model with no fancy things or options. But we have found that they are all prewired for some options - like a fan or an AC etc. So it was a nice suprise when I took the inside trim pieces off.

Then I had to crawl up through to drill out the rivets - as I was not doing that from the ladder knowing my lucky I would add a few holes throught the roof.

Then back up to strip the old vulkum off and compound the area.... hey there is the other half of me - not looking my best with a fancy hairdoo and a look that is saying....is it the end of the day yet???

Name:	100_7681.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	38474

Each day I plug a little further - but from where I sit right now I can not see the light at the end of the tunnel quite yet.

Have to give up the hubby tomorrow to help a little lady up the road with her plumbing in her cottage. So I will get to do some painting and staining I think - and work on the two pluming stacks and remove the licence plate house.(although I don't have to do that right yet and it does not leak either)

Can not wait to get to the Rally for a big rest.

Steph I think a big Redwing logo would be so cool!

PS I could not wait so here is the first coat of stain on the front oak shelf - along with the paint samples on the paint stick - just one coat....I am really excited. I also have an automotive spray paint the accent colour which is a little richer than the laytex paintClick image for larger version

Name:	100_7676.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	38475

Where can I find some cute ladybugs anyone???
Name:   1268603.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  4.1 KB
Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #363
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
How is this one....looking for a logo for my trailer.....I can not tell you how many LadyBugs were actually in this trailer. Even when I took the ceiling vent out wow lots and lots so she really does suit her name.

Now if only I could grow 4 more arms I would have the trailer finished by now.

Here is my new handle....

Name:	LadyBlogo.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	38479
Old 06-03-2007, 04:52 AM   #364
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Love the LB logo Sharon! And the inside/outside vent pictures...lol Now if you had more arms you may not have fit, or perhaps you could save more charms from being sliced. (Is that why there are two of each ) Who puts the fantastic in the vent...why Sharon of course!

If more hubbies are following your progress they may be tempted to trading in for more productive modern models such as yourself instead of feeding chocolate to the honeydo list makers...

photography