Old 05-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #337
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Girls Girls Girls Girls Girls, whats going on with the Girlie Girl rally?? Last post was on May 8th?? Come on Girls,this has been fun to read.. Would I love to be a bird in a tree at this one...

Old 05-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #338
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
OK who's up for girls night (weekend) out? 4 short weeks to go. Who is coming?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #339
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Huge progress made this past week!

LadyBug has her NEW dancing shoes So even if I am leaking and have no amenities she is road worthy. Just have to sort out the lights and breakaway switch and possibly get some new chains welded and she would pass the road safety with flying colours.

Goal now is to seal her up so we can get the floor repair done. Hubby will move to the ceiling next and install the new Fantastic Vent as well as the curb mount skylight. I have repaired the rear window with new glass and gaskets.Tomorrow move to the marker lights - remove and install the new ones.

With barely a month to go - I think I just might make it. Hoping to have the floor fixed and new flooring on, with the interior possibly painted with the base coat. Just barely liveable for the Rally. But I do have 110 power and possibly will have the 12 volt up and running too. May or may not have the new inteli installed.

I know I will be sporting a porta potti and 5 gallon water jug along with a single plug in burner and my two burner propane portable for now. With a couple of Matresses on the floor.

But I am pumped to take my first ever solo trip that far - yikes.....but I will need to do some shopping again. And may just hit that RVS place AGAIN!

Hi Carol;

Sorry we flew in and out of your neck of the woods last week - picked up the fridge from Stephs along with another box of goodies from VTS I had shipped at the last minute - kudos all round for everyone who helped us out.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #340
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
I love reading about all these gnarly rehabs and preps you doing! Holy smokes! So much loving work is going into these trailers. Lucky LadyBug!
You're gearing up for an amazing rally and we're watching here from the west coast with awe and envy. Have a fabulous and safe time! We're with you in spirit--and with much admiration!
Janet
Old 05-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #341
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Count me in! I'm still planning on being in Ohio in June.

Sharon -- amazing progress on the Ladybug! Can't wait to see what you've got done in June.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #342
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Motown pose hand in air "I'll be there..."

Hey Carol, Jamie, Sharon, Janet....
For sure I'll be there. Practiced towing in nutty Memorial day traffic on 75 too.
I am getting so excited!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #343
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
So we have 8 Airstreams and 9 gals enrolled for this event so far!!!

Vicki and Danielle
Stephanie
Sharon
Carol (moi)
Suz
Paula
Jamie
Gypsymoth

Invite your friends and I am working on Nancy! Let's go back over the thread and see who needs some persuading.

I have gotten a few trinkets together, don't know if I will make you use the hula hoop to qualify to receive them. Can't have the rally queen contest because 1. as Jamie and I agree that is politically incorrect and sets women back decades and 2. we would all tie for the winner.

photography
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #344
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Carol -- Hula hoop?!? Okay, but you go first!

Hey ya'all. I've got food on the brain again and was wondering if any of you know if we'll be too late for the June strawberry season in Ohio. Anybody know? Is that mostly at the beginning of the month? I'm thinking of fresh strawberries for the chocolate fondue, and strawberry daiquiris if it's hot out.

Also, if anyone wants to scope out the local ice creameries with me, I'm ready to go when you are.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 05-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #345
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I love chocolate covered strawberries! I didn't know about the festivals. We picked strawberries in the field once, rode out in the back of an open wagon. The sun warmed them and they were delicious.

Have you seen that ice cream ball? Looks like you just roll it around and it churns the ice cream? My favorite ice cream is vanilla with chocolate in it, chocolate chip, or a ripple type on a sugar cone.

photography
Old 05-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #346
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
My favorite ice cream is vanilla with chocolate in it, chocolate chip, or a ripple type on a sugar cone.
I love choc. chip, and mint chip too! When I lived in OH, my favorite ice cream was United Dairy Farmers Peaches 'n' Cream. It's been years since I had a taste of that. I wonder if they still make it.

Say, wasn't someone offering to teach me euchre at this rally? Steph, was that you? Or Sharon? Or am I all mixed up?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 05-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #347
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Mannnnn you women and your food...

I'm thinking what parts do I still need to put back on the trailer in three weeks so I can get to ohio and DRINK!

Unless I can buy it from a store - this trip you will not see any fancy food stuff coming out of LadyBug

Just had a 2 hour break and watched friend DVD and now ready to go back out and tackle the trailer.

Todays list is to compound the roof where the fridge vent goes - buff up the fridge vent and re-install it.

Last night I did my first RIVET!!!

I surely do not know what all the fuss it about with the attitude "Women are the Meek of the world".

Do any of you know how simple Rivetting is???? Why using a sewing machine is more difficult than operating a compressor

Still no definites on the plans from my end - but I am working hard to get her road worthy.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #348
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon you are our star! You put the rivet in Rivette. You tackle the restoration work with flair. I wish I had your can-do skills.

The first toast of the rally will be going out to you! We'll have you covered. And will love to hear all about your work. It is amazing how far you have gotten her already.

photography
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #349
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
I'll second that, Carol. You da Rivette, Sharon! We'll have you covered on the food, not to worry. Drinks? We'll do that too. (You're still bringing some of the homemade, right? )

If you've got time for a few pics of your progress, I'd love to see some of the current action. Hope you're getting some of the gorgeous weather we're having just south of where you are.

Good karma to you for a good riveting day (or is that a riveting good day?).
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 05-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #350
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Where was that tshirt link? I know Vicki and I thought we would like the Summer Solstice graphic for a shirt, can we get that up there too, or is it? I best get cracking on ordering my stuff. Sharon gets a tote, I haven't forgotten.

photography