Old 04-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #323
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I'm bound to screw up royally now, hey but we have pull throughs. ..... Bet she is all bronze and mellow.

Well guess who will be there to watch with eagle eyes and a few too many to boot

Must be nice for Jamie - Bronze and mellow vs white and fried - brain fried that is

Man I never knew how much STUFF one can accumulate in a kitchen that you NEVER use....

Old 05-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #324
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Talked to Vickie today, she is living large at River Ridge and working on them to install wi-fi. Nancy is over at Weekley's RV spending her first night with Richard in the dealers lot in their brand new 20' SE. We need to talk her into towing it!

Looking over some of the other rally threads I see many have gifted participants and prone to entertaining. Have we some musicians, or do we just pass out kazoos and triangles and sand blocks? Anyone know that song, "She's my friend , oh she's my friend, no matter what the other people say." I think Vickie might be persuaded to read us one of her stories around the campfire.

Anyone up for contests? Anyone have a hula hoop? That might be a must to work off some of the great food I will probably be eating too much of!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #325
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Whhhhat are ya gettin real antzy Carol RSSR not coming quick enough for you???

Well if you want a side trip - come on out and get down and dirty with me in the trailer - LadyBug that is - was in it today sizing up the magnitude of what has to be done to get her tin tent ready..... I need a miracle worker!!!

But things are looking up. I was able to take out the alternator out of the little 90 Tracker we have as a runner for Peter when he has to give up the town truck for the summer.

A little help to get one bolt removed - and if I had thought of moving another thingy out of the way (if I knew what it was then I could have done the whole thing myself!@!!) Just need to build that confidence up a bit that I am not going to blow myself up under the hood.Now I am waiting on the battery to get fully charged up as it went deader than a door knob....and it may even be toast - not sure at this stage. Got it on a trickle charge overnight to bring the amps back up.

I have the deepest respect now for ALL Mechanics - male or female!!!! They are all born of Harry Houdini and must have the patience of JOBE.

Back to your questions Carol....Musically inclined - YES I play an instrument too - the piano - but that is not happening!!! I have a guitar that I managed to get to lesson 3 last year and then it got put in it's case as spring came and the garden beckoned. I would love to learn more on the guitar end of things.

Carol I love the new Avatar!!!! what a cute toy and puppy all in one and that look is enough to melt any dog lover into a big oooooohhhhh aint he cute....Taz and Haily would have that toy to bits in about 20 minutes.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #326
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , Massachusetts
I wish I could go to this rally in Ohio. What are these events like? Can anyone describe them to me. Would it be any fun for a single gal like me?

M.W.

"
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore." - Randy Pausch
mwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #327
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Myra,
You missed the First WOmens tow in March. It was down your way in Santa Barbara. Carol (wheel interested) got the ball rolling. They are just an informal gathering of women and guys if you want but the girls have to drive! Do as little or as much as your want.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #328
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
M.W.

Put it this way - we are breaking new ground here. The Western Gals have broken the first ground, and due to weather we will be shortly behind them.

Other Rallys are all fun in a different way whether you are single, married, young or wiser, big small, round thin, loud quiet, serious or funny. Whether you have a new Airstream, Vinatage Airstream, single, double or triple axle, MOHO or BaseCamp it don't matter. And I officially wand in any of those Forum members who are "Currently looking" Cause if you are lookin one day you will end up with one!!!

The Rivette Rally's will be a bit different in the sense that it is a "girls" night out but for the whole weekend. We can cook, gab and laugh till our sides burst and wash it all down with some great wine by the sounds of it.

I am sure we can find a spot for you - why if I make it you are welcome to really rough it and camp out in a tin tent
Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 AM   #329
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Bronze and mellow?! Not hardly! The only color I come in is ghost white and lobster red. The mellow wore off after I got home from Florida, and now I'm in a super-anxiety state, getting in my final papers to end the school semester (tears, scribbling, procrastinating, more tears, late nights, scribbling, erasing, re-writing, more tears). You're gonna love having me as a student at BUP-U, Carol. If you don't want to be Director, we could appoint you Dean of Student Affairs and you could handle any mental health issues that might arise after a morning of backing instruction.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #330
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
We can cook, gab and laugh till our sides burst and wash it all down with some great wine by the sounds of it.
Sounds like the recipe for a great Rivettes Rally, GT !!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #331
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hi just back from the south

Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
It might be really nice to have shelter from the sun as well as possible rain - what would be the cost, if any, for the tent? What is our current head count at this time?
Hey all just back from the Smokies!
Suz, no cost at all. Yeah I thought "chapel" was a mighty generous description, Andrea sounded a little embarrassed when I called up about that so the tent is free. I think its a stretch calling that thing a shelter to tell you the truth. How did they think we could fit people there comfortably if it rained?
Annie, so sorry you won't be there, maybe we'll see you at the LPPI rally? We'll be sure to lift a glass to you!!
Sharon, we would love to see you on the 19th, but if you can't make it then let us know when it would work for you. I am usually here during the week.
Ooh Vickie is a writer? Can't wait to hear a story, see Jamie's illustrations, hear Sharon's music, wow!!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:37 AM   #332
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Sharon's music, wow!!
Nope you bin smokin too much Tinsista - I don't do public and there aint now pianos comin in my little "ladybug" in dire need of some TLC.

I need to be cloned I think. Hopefully I will be able to start on the LadyBug next week once the parents house goes on the market - I will have finished the basement/garage purge for them.

Spent 1.5 days there this weekend -wow where does all the %$#@ come from. Have a load on our LS trailer ready to go to auction today.

Then it is off to get some top soil for the lawns, then if I have some time I will spend it in the LadyBug - still scraping the floor and removing the last of the bathroom, kitchen and front goucho to go. That way I can really clean, touch up the zolotone and give the whole floor a thorough inspection.

Will be dropping some belly pan too just to make sure.

Not sure on the 19th Tinsista - will let you know -but I think I will be doing the trip during the week some how - unless Hubby can get some time.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #333

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Steph,
So? So? So? Did you tow?

Old 05-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #334
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Talking Yes and then some...

Hey Michelle,
How's that cute kitten Sarah doing? Yes I towed and even refueled with the trailer attached for the very first time...at Franklin Ohio, a truck stop, no problems. Wow those trucker diesel pumps fill up fast though I gotta watch it or the fuel will be all over the feet...it is different towing with the hensley than with the old ball hitch.
Yeah I think the truck stops are the places for me to refuell at, lots of turn around room!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #335

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Congrats! on towing and your first fuel stop. The truck stops are nice an roomy and the pumps are fast. Did you do any backing?

Old 05-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #336
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Hi Michelle,
Thanks, I did backing to hitch up and put the trailer in the driveway, so I pulled it out of the side yard and then had to back it in the front driveway. Not as much fun as towing and fueling I think the backing will make me nervous til I get more practice. Fortunately we have pull throughs at the rally.