Old 02-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #211
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
The Rivette Rush was a smashing success. Our hostess Steph laid out a real banquet for us. We had appetizers, crudites, nuts, a manificient fresh baked stud muffin with dipping oil, a Paula Dean quiche that was to die for, an elegant rice dish, a tasty vegetable dish, routisserie roasted chicken, homemade sweet potatoe soup, creme puffs and Vickie's special brownies for Sharon's birthday. Yes we had special chocolates too! Brad and I are eatting light today!! Oh my! I ate so much.

Our first welcome was finding Steph and Dave's house easily with festive baloons tied on the mail box and entrance to their woodland lot. Decorations didn't stop there there was a banner over the porch and a welcome Rivettes sign on the door! The snow on the pines from all her view windows just made the winter scene that much prettier, and inside we were warm and toasty beside the wood fire with good food, good wine and good friends. The conversation never lulled. Get four Airstreaming couples together and a couple of children and time just flew. We even were treated to a tour of their Airstream and a peek at the new modifications with Dave while Steph worked over dinner's finishing touches. Sharon and Peter shared their adventures bringing their new GT from Indiana. And we all were off in a night of laughter and telling stories until late into the evening. Really is it that late already? Steph even had gifts for us to take home and remember our time together.

Thank you Steph and Dave for your warm hospitality and wonderful party. You really spoiled us.

Vickie and Sharon I hope your travel today has been good and everyone is home safe and sound with plenty of good memories and eager for the Rivette rally in June!

We all had cameras so I hope to see your pictures too. I tried uploading here and started a Rivette Rush gallery under members photos, under Wheel Interested but they weren't uploading. I will try again later, for now more pictures are here
http://www.pbase.com/baidinc/gallery/rivettes_rush

Thanks again Steph
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hostess2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	32553   Click image for larger version

Name:	wecandoit.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	32554  

Click image for larger version

Name:	rivetshavers.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	32555  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #212
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Loved the review! We'll all stand in awe of Steph and her hostessing skills. Maybe she'll lead a seminar on how to hold an in-home AS rally when we all finally get together--just to share her secrets The photos are great. I see an amazing energy in the Rivettes shot when compared to the guys' photo. They seem so restrained. Hmmmmm. ~G PS--Can you give us names, left to right, so we feel better acquainted? Thanks.

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #213
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I know, Steph puts Martha Stewart to shame! Can you imagine the energy when all the Rivettes get together!!! I see a nice overhead picture with legions of women and a nice robust "We can tow it" yell.

Rivette picture: center: Danielle(TowDaddyDaughter); left to right: Vickie(Mrs.TowDaddy),Carol(wheelInterested),Steph( TinSista),and Sharon(GT6921)

RivetteShavers: left to right: Brad(Mr.Wheelinterested), Peter(Mr.GT6921), Jeff(TowDaddy), and Dave(Mr.TinSista aka [sander17])

Hmmm----LOL I think you have it pegged G.

photography
Old 02-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #214
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Oh Carol you are being too kind!!

You know Carol brought us rivettes each some lovely ceramic artwork shaped like suns with beads hanging from below--just lovely! We were so lucky that everyone could come and share their time and company with us!
Old 02-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #215
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
What a wonderful break from the winter doldrums to see your pics and feel the warmth of the gathering. Now I'm doubly sorry that I wasn't able to be there. Thank you all for sharing with us!

Doesn't that Summer Solstice sun in the rally logo just make you feel ready for spring?! The Rivettes Rally is going to be a blast!!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #216
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Wheel Interested and G, Thanks for the photos. G Yes it is neat to put the face to the photo. Again, you guys and gals are blessed. Hope to meet you all. How long have you known each other?

It appears....FOR A VERY LONG TIME. Wonderful Sisters. Glad to know you.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:28 PM   #217
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Aria. So many of us have met over this forum. Vickie and I have been friends for years since 2004, I think it was, when we met at a Michigan Airstream dealer. Steph and I met last year at a local forums rally. At that same rally Nancy from North Branch stopped by and we met Nancy and her husband. Georgia and Max and I met briefly last month at the Florida forums rally one night after dark and they got away before I could come a calling. I just met Sharon last night, and I haven't met Jamie or Suz or any of the western Rivettes or you yet, so we will have to fix that!

The nice thing about Airstreaming is you just seem to meet so many people that have the same interests. It may seem like you have known someone for years and years and you have only just met them. And once you start frequenting the rallies you meet ever so many more new friends from right here on the forums. It's the first thing I ask when I meet an Airstreamer on the road. Are you on Airstream Forums and what is your log-in name? Michelle (thecatsand I) met just that way. We were camped at the same campgrounds and after meeting came to find out we knew each other already from the forums! Then when she was near Michigan she came for a visit. It's so much fun. It's boggling just how many places you can go and run into a forums member.

It's fun to put faces and names together from the photos, but when you get to meet a member in person and then match them to their forums' persona, it's amazing. It's like reading a book, you have your idea of what the character is like but then you meet. Interesting experience. I think I'm hooked. Caution: making friends can be very habit forming. Of course it helps immensely that this group of ladies is so super.

photography
Old 02-18-2007, 06:42 PM   #218
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Wow! I am sorry I missed the rush sounds like you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to be able to meet more sisters in person.
uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #219
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Carol, you write an amazing tale of encounters! I too am sorry we didn't get to have a real meet and talk time at the Can Opener in Florida. You were so busy! Next time, somewhere on the road, we'll linger and laugh and leave good friends. . .though, it seems that way here already, just online ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #220
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Wheel Interested, Thanks for the update. It is true I have joined the Forums only a short time and I have made many friends quickly. One problem
for us is our location. Most of you are in Michigan or close.

We both work and getting away is sometime not convenient. Did you guys take your Airstreams? We have so much Snow and ours is Winter Ready..not able to travel until Spring.

Will watch for upcoming Rallies and their location. And we are new to Airstream and travel-trailer. I know we are going to enjoy the people.
We have a Summer home on a Lake and trailer living is NEW.

The Forum has been fun and we have learned about Airstream and enjoy
the personalities. We have the same interests..nature,food,crafts,gardening,
decorating, antiques,garage sales, women issues etc.

Looking forward to Sharon and her 63 GT restoration stories. And stories and thoughts from all Sisters.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #221
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We didn't bring our Airstreams, (well Sharon and Peter did.) Are you in New York Aria? Come spring I think you will start to see many interesting rallies popping up on the forums for the East coast. I wonder if some of the girls may be going right your way on their trips. We love lake property. How very nice to be able to relax on the waterfront. Is there any where in that vacinity that would have room for several Airstreams? You could always plan a woman's workshop, there certainly is a lot of shared interest as you say.

And Georgia you are so right about getting to be friends right here online, that's for sure! I don't know what we would do these long cold months if not for this forum to keep us dreaming about streaming.

Nancy I should go scoop you up and bring you to Lou's Saturday for the forums rally planning, because I am going by myself and could use your company. We can talk everyone into going to New York or Missouri, perhaps to see Aria or Georgia.

Of course I do so hope you will all come to Ohio for the Rivettes Summer Solstice Rally, that goes without saying, again, whoops, but I said it , again.

photography
Old 02-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #222
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Carol, Yes we are in New York State. 50 miles east of Syracuse, New York.
The road to our cottage is narrow. I can ask a friend before us on the road
that has a lot. Probably could park two. Real close to our cottage. There is an eating antique place that does have large parking. About 2 miles from our cottage. Park and drive? I am new at this. Needs checking.

Ohio. We need to check the dates and distance from us. Timing. We could
park two Airstreams in our driveway at our house. This is a topic for discussion.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #223
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Wow!..that's a great bunch of pix of you gals (Rivettes) and guys (RivetteShavers)

Would sure love to meet you each/all in person down the road soon!..anyone planning to come westward to California?..sounds like you all had a ball!.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:04 AM   #224
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
I don't know about you gals but I'm thinking New York State would be a great location for a Rivette Rally when we're ready to start planning the next one. It's a nice central spot for our Northeast quadrant, from Illinois/Michigan, to Ontario, CAN, to New England.... And there are so many nice camping areas in New York with the finger lakes, the Adirondacks. There are wineries to visit, lots of little towns and historic and natural sites to explore. Or we could meet in New York and caravan up to Sharon's place. Can't let her keep all that beautiful scenery to herself.

And Missouri sounds like a nice central location for we start planning our first Sisters International! I've been wanting to go to Missouri for a long time and could always use the added excuse of a Rivettes Rally. Georgia - what's the best month of the year for camping Missouri?

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote