Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #281
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Yes, we should definitely do something -- a sign, nametags, ?? -- with that beautiful summer solstice logo that Sharon worked on for us.

Also, in case of rain, does anyone have a vcr player? Carol has a flick that I've been wanting to see and maybe we can talk her into bringing it. What was the name of that movie, Carol? -- about the full-timers/retirees? I'm always down for a chick flick too, if anyone has any new or good ones if we're rained in.

Tour of Jackson Center and visit to WBCCI Headquarters
Wine Tasting ( bring a taste from your homeland)
BYO Mixed grill
Campfire and Storytelling (nightly)
Open House (anytime)
Happy Hour (anytime)
rain activities: euchre & movies

Chocolate Fondue-dessert Jamie
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms-apt. Carol
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #282
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I have a VCP I can bring and the video is "Roam Sweet Roam" Sounds like a good idea.

This documentary is a journey into the lives of roamers and loners-on-wheels who live on the road full-time in trailers, due to economic necessity, pleasure, or both. Filmmaker Ellen Spiro and her dog Sam, join a spirited community of nomads and their pets in order to encounter their unconventional lifestyle first hand. Through interviews, Ellen captures the spirit of the roamers and the wide spectrum of reasons these people chose to forego a more traditional means of retirement. A group of women talk about the sheer freedom and the thrill of independence they discovered. Another person expounds upon the enjoyment of traveling throughout the country in an unencumbered fashion. Sam, Ellen's dog, also participates in the narration of this tale, sharing his interpretation of the follies and whims of human nature.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #283
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
The agenda is looking pretty good so far and of course you gals can do whatever you want with the logo. I was thinking of maybe cutting out some suns and printing off the centre portion with everyones name so you can stick it in the ground by your flamingo's or whatever you stick in the ground or you can stick em to the A-Frame If I put magnets at the back of them. Can paint them up yellow and get some outdoor label paper or something??? if it rains it will be your responsibility to bring them inside

I have the Hubby working on the Reisling as I type - hopefully the Merlot will be ready too and of course I will make our own RSSR labels for them so you can either keep em and aauggge them or drink'em I'll bring all the wine so I don't have to bring food across the border - and will have to do some shopping when I arrive.

If I do not get as far as I think with the LadyBug she might not have anything in her but the floor and a mattress on the floor - so lawn chairs and a sheet in the front would work great a movie theatre if it rains.

Spring Showers bring April Flowers around here and then suppose to get cold again....
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #284
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
We will need a projector for outdoor movie, but sounds great. I want pop corn!!! Lots of butter. Does some one has a microwave or do we make it the old fashioned way or bring prepopped?

photography
Old 04-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #285
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
We could do jiffy pop, jiffy pop, the magic treat -- as much fun to make as it is to eat!

Looks like there might be some sites to see in Miami County -- no need to worry about boredom with us gals -- but if we decide we need to get out and wander a little: Miami County visitors bureau has some things happening just a little bit south of where we're staying. Too bad Michelle won't be with us -- lots of aviation history to check out.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #286
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Jiffy Pop, cool! And a gourmet lovers tour?! Jamie where are you getting all these wonderful ideas?

Sharon thanks for making us a sunny day regardless of our weather for the rally! That will be sharp. Looks like you will be our sunshine and our moonshine. Home made wine? Our tasting will be so fun.

photography
Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #287
2 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
1972 27' Overlander
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Wow! This all sounds great! I'll bring some local wine, and maybe some fresh shrimp from Florida. Strawberry margaritas, shrimp kabobs, choc. dipped fruit, and jiffy pop! mmmmm!
gypsymoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #288
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Gypsy. That sounds great. I have been meaning to ask if you have a larger picture of your avatar and what is it?

photography
Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #289
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
She Crab Soup

Anyone familiar with this Virginia delicacy? I can bring some crabmeat on ICE and make it. I have the Smithfield Inn Recipe I believe... I have several in fact. The best recipes specify that you put between a teaspoon and tablespoon of sherry on the top right before serving... right next to a butter pat. I've felt arteries clog just looking at it.

I can also bring fresh Virginia peanuts that will make you spit Planters back into the jar for the rest of your natural life. If you like Smithfield ham, I can get it but don't care for it myself - too salty even after you soak it for days.

I could also make meatloaf (don't yuk, even people who think they hate it like this recipe). It's Italian inspired and is absolutely NOT dry.

I still haven't heard back from the factory, but I'm going to call them tomorrow or friday - scheduling some service on the 25' and I'll get in touch with them about a maintenance seminar.

Paula Ford
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #290
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Rivet Suzie's In Da House And SHE CAN TOW IT !!!!!

Hi Sisters!

We arrived home at the lake Tues. evening. Had a great time and hope to do it again next winter. I've been trying to skim over all the posts I missed and saw the pics and read of the Rivette Rush. I am so sorry we had to miss all the fun....but nothing says it can't be done another day, another way, right?!

Big news ladies ..... I CAN TOW IT and did so from Bowling Green, KY to our daughter & son-in-law's - 475 miles. . Learned some hitchin' too. (doing happy dance)

I'll try to catch up with ya'll in the next few days.
nitey nite for now,

sue
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:26 AM   #291
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Paula your recipes sound divine! We're definitely raising the bar here.

Thanks for calling about our seminar!! Paula my appointment is on the 28th I could come up sooner and we can party in the terraport or elsewhere. Rivette Rush-ing Roulette?

Suz! You towed Girl!!! All that way, I'm dancing around right with you. Welcome back and anxious to hear all about your travels and towing.

photography
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #292
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good Morning or should it be late late night

Hello girls... Just arrived back in the frozen North from Florida... what a trip.. long story.. had supper tonight with our good friends Sharon and Peter... we have missed them very much... great to see faces after being away for 6 months.. our house looks so different yet the same.. this time thing as we age.. anyway had too many cups of coffee at supper... lol .. will be anxious to sell our 5th wheel and get to work on the Argosy... well I am cold.. burrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... and must get to bed...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 PM   #293
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Annie, welcome home. I know Sharon must be thrilled to have you back again. 6 months that is a long time! Once you sell the 5th wheel will you be planning on doing 6 months in the new Argosy? We have missed having you here. Coming back to the cold has to be the hardest part. Sweet Dreams. Give a scratch to Toby and Nicki for me.

photography
Old 04-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #294
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Paula your recipes sound divine! We're definitely raising the bar here.

Thanks for calling about our seminar!! Paula my appointment is on the 28th I could come up sooner and we can party in the terraport or elsewhere. Rivette Rush-ing Roulette?

Suz! You towed Girl!!! All that way, I'm dancing around right with you. Welcome back and anxious to hear all about your travels and towing.
I spent four solid hours in the dentist's chair today (a filling that turned into a crown...oops) and didn't get to call Airstream. Calling service will be my first activity tomorrow. Is your appointment at Airstrem on the 28th of this month or when? I need to get some routine stuff done, and might just also spring for a bit of remodeling (swapping standard sink for lobsterbowl... new cabinet, sink and countertop). Perhaps I could meet you there.

Paula
Old 04-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #295
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Paula I was wrong but this is even better! My appointment is for April the 23rd Monday, and I know it will take them a couple days if not more. So yes we can meet. This is going to be a treat I get a Paula preview. That custom work sounds sharp. Sorry you had the dentist so long.

photography
Old 04-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #296
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
No yukking here!

Hey, Paula, I love meatloaf and it sounds like you've got a great recipe! I'd love to try it. No yukking from me!

So you and Carol are taking the Airstream beauties in for a little spa treatment, eh? Can't wait to see the new do.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 04-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #297
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hey Sisters! Met Paula on the phone today. She is one cool lady. Hope the schedule works out so we can coordinate an April meet, but if not the Summer Solstice will really rock with all the combined humor, wisdom and charm. Jackson Center is home to all our silver treasures and looking forward to a tour with the Rivettes in June. Paula has me thinking, oh could you do a little something here? How about changing this out? And Airstream is so accommodating. Definitely one place where the customer is still treated royally.

photography
Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #298
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Have a great April meet up Carol and Paula!

Wow! Can't wait to see the pix and read the posts for that rivette get together!! I am chomping at the bit here, we're heading south on the 28th of April, for a short but fun few days in the Smokies...

Good towing Sue!!! Glad Happycampers are home safely!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #299
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Hurry up and wait

I finally got a call back from Airstream Service today. They misunderstood what I wanted, but now we've got it all cleared up. They will have to call me back tomorrow to finalize a date, so I'm clueless as to whether or not we'll meet on the Terrapod on April 23, but it may happen.

I got the ingredients for my semi-famous meatloaf and I'm going to try it out in the Airstream oven (which I have rarely used in two years). I'll make a test batch to see how evenly it cooks so I'll know ahead of time if I'll have to turn it to cook it evenly. It's been a while so if it doesn't poison my employees, I'll be good to go for the rally. I may also try one on the charcoal Weber grill just for giggles. Here's some of my secrets:
  • use cheaper ground beef, the higher priced stuff is no fat/no flavor. Use ground veal or pork as a minor ingredient if at all. Don't overdo the breadcrumbs. It ain't meatloaf if it's 60% breadcrumbs.
  • Use just enough egg to bind the breadcrumbs and meat. No milk! Believe it or not it will turn both meatloaf and omlettes grainy tasting. Delete ketchup/tomato paste: instead use some of your best marinara sauce (if you don't make marinara God WILL forgive you for using store bought) and add it right in to the raw meat, be generous.
  • Spices: salt, pepper, sage, oregano, parsley, onions very good, celery fine, garlic good in moderation. Tour your spice rack - sniff and if it smells good add it.
  • Also mix in a moderate amount of cut up cheese in 1 cm. pieces (not grated), nothing fancy, plain old Kraft American works fine. (Cheese makes little melty surprises inside.)
  • Bake in small loaf pans. If you must use a big pan like a lasagna pan, make three small meatloafs and nestle them side by side. Nobody likes huge meatloaf that's burned on the outside and raw on the inside.
  • Do NOT cook at high temperature - 325 is best. Time? 45 minutes to an hour or more depending on size. Watch carefully, overcooked, dried crusty can ruin even my recipe! 15 minutes before removing from the oven, use your turkey baster to remove excess fat after basting the top one time, and cover the top with a bit of remaining marinara.
  • Exact quantities.... you've got me there. I've never had a recipe and I've never made two exactly alike, but they always come out scrumptious. I once had a congressman hold up his motorcade while he waited for us to make and wrap two meatloaf sandwiches!
Serve after letting rest 10 minutes (like they'll wait that long!). Make three times as much as you think you'll need. People will eat 50% more than you think... and cold meatloaf sandwiches the next day will be in demand!

Paula
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #300
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
So are you going to throw the hubby in the back or tie him to the roof and drive the rig south yourself? Now is the time to practice!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote