Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 AM   #155
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
I think it's so groovy now, that people are...

Honest to Pete, Carol, what a song to get stuck in my head! Now I'm gonna be singin' that all the way to June.

BamCamper -- please do round up the western rivettes! Gotta get all the regions represented -- north, south, east, and west!

-Jamie

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:41 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Well None in the house but ive been telling my daughter Holly all about it. She is WBCCI #5449. Her twin sister Hillary could come up from the Cincy area to join as well.....I will keep working on here, YOU TOW GIRLS!!!! Ralphie...

Old 01-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #157
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Silver inspiration....

Hello Rivettes! This is my first post on your thread. I just love reading how your rally has come together. And, what a fun group! Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement for our West Coast Women's Rally in March . I know it will be the first of many for the West Coast silva sistas and will hopefully inspire more of us to take the leap.

Rally on!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #158
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey Meredith, Bam Camper,
Can't wait to read/see pix about the western rivettes rally!! Come on over and see us in June! We'll have a nice glass (or two) of wine waiting for ya!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Carol,,, You going to take along some Recipe???
Old 01-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #160
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey west coast sisters glad to see you here! It would be so great to have all go "home" to Jackson Center together, wouldn't it?! The cool thing about the airforums is that we can get it together no matter how far the miles separate us. Might be nice to have a non-rally thread for East and West, then we can all have twice the fun online.

Ralph send some of the recipe with Holly (and Hilliary, if she can make it too.) I suspect there just may be a few Rivettes that would enjoy a little refreshment.

Jamie I am singing a song too. Luckily you all can't hear me. I like to throw in a jig and occassionally, even a few Broadway show steps now and then too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #161
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Dang, Carol! You mean I'm missing a whole Broadway show? Hope you're getting all the choreography down pat for a performance at the Summer Solstice Rally.

So who wants to get the online rally going. Hey, how 'bout me? How 'bout I call it the Silver Sisters (coined by one of the ladies in the western contingent, not sure who, sorry! ) rally?

Come on over and join us at the Silver Sisters Online Rally thread.

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #162
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
I'm doin the happy dance - cause I will have me a new Globe Trotter to attend the RSS Rally in.

She aint pretty - yet.....

The hardest part was putting a value to that baby without seeing it first hand. I asked a lot of questions and was able to get a whole wack of pictures too. I was really counting on lots of people looking at it and walking right on by - you know the Diamond in the Rough context.

The Vintage Airstream site pricing resource really comes in handy to help you put pricing into perspective.

That little 65 that went on a buy it now for 2500 was almost mine too - but when I saw it at 3:44am I thought hmmm maybe I should wait until the morning to bounce that one off the Hubby. I did and when he said sure why not fill the driveway up with them - I was literally 5 minutes too late. The interior starting point was in much better shape than this 63 but the skin of this 63 is real clean - which is more important for me. Everything is there to duplicate or restore which makes it a real blessing. .....but nothing like the MoonBeam was that one will always be special being our first an'all.

The layout on the 63 is a little different - no dinette - two couches - dogs will love that though!! She's my "Girl Power" Trailer so I got some theme schemes to think off....

PS - real sorry to all those bidders who did not quite cut the mustard - my mamma says go big or go home yeee haaa......seriously it was a lot of fun watching the bidding.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:59 AM   #163
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Off topic for a minute.....

Thank you all for the good wishes in regard to Ike's laser procedure. Everything is fine - only 1 eye drop Rx now instead of 3.

We are getting things in order for Gulf Shores - 11 days to pull it together - 14 days til blast off. It seems that neither furnace nor the catalitic (<sp?) heater want to work - too darn cold me thinks. It's 10* and those twin beds are pretty chilly right now so heat is a must. Can you tow w/the furnace on? hummm. "Capt. Midnight" gets new brakes this wk. and stowing away begins tomorrow.
You gals are doing a great with getting things set up for the SSR '07

Hope the today goes well for all my sistas

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #164
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Happy travels Sue

So glad to hear that Ike's surgery is over and the fun will just be beginning!! Say hi to the sun for Michigan!
Old 01-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #165
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
'The RECIPE?'

Hmmmm...is this a secret sauce???
What are we missing here??? Maybe someone can share it with us West Coasters???

Jamie...I'd love to see your progress on the Girl Power Theme...let's see pics too!

http://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Bean-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy
. Explosion may be imminent
I'll pack the Bean-O just in case

Paula
Old 01-31-2007, 05:48 PM   #167
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Gulf Shores???? OMG I love it there. Wish I was going!! be sure to go to Lamberts in Foley for Breakfast!!! Keep me posted how things are down there,,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Thank you all for the good wishes in regard to Ike's laser procedure. Everything is fine - only 1 eye drop Rx now instead of 3.

We are getting things in order for Gulf Shores - 11 days to pull it together - 14 days til blast off. It seems that neither furnace nor the catalitic (<sp?) heater want to work - too darn cold me thinks. It's 10* and those twin beds are pretty chilly right now so heat is a must. Can you tow w/the furnace on? hummm. "Capt. Midnight" gets new brakes this wk. and stowing away begins tomorrow.
You gals are doing a great with getting things set up for the SSR '07

Hope the today goes well for all my sistas

suz
Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #168
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Suz you and Ike have a great time. I have towed with the heat on and I have 12 volt/electric heated mattress pads that I used for the twin beds and now have placed them side by side on the queen bed. Makes a huge difference whether you just preheat the bed or leave on during the night. You can plug them in about a half an hour before stopping for the night on 12volt and you will be cozy or if you have electric they have a plug adapter, either regular household current or cigarette lighter plug included.

Enjoy new sleeping comfort at home or in your RV with ElectroWarmth Bedwarmers. Made With Pride in the USA Since 1939

Just be judicious if you use 12 volt with only the coach batteries as they drain a lot of battery power when not connected to the truck in transit.

Gee you think it a might chilly do you? I do too!!!!! Whaaah I want to go back South or push the calendar ahead to June and our summer rally. You take care and send us updates will you?

Babeebloos, the recipe is a drink concoction of Ralph's that he made us for our local forums and WBCCI rallies here in Michigan. It'll either cure what ails ya or get you to where you won't care what ails ya.