Old 01-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
You have to be kidding me???? Is this for real??? Am I dreaming??? All these women in a campground without us men all alone?? Does this mean they will be driving too??? Pulling A/S as well?? I think its pretty cool... YOU TOW GIRLS!!!

Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 PM   #142
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Yes, you all did a super job for us!! The campground looks great, and I'm so excited about this rally.

I hope maybe we'll get some more ladies who might be traveling through Ohio on their way to the International. It would be a great stopover location, near Jackson Center and all. The timing doesn't look all that bad if you're not going for the pre- Int'l rally biz. We could get a first ever Rivettes caravan going! I'm tempted to sign up for the caravan myself, but I still have to get family logistics and summer travel plans all worked out.

-J

Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Sue, I just had 5 holes laserd in my right eye after cataract surgery. All went well My pressure was 64 in the eye..Now thats pain!!!!! All has been fine since. I even had mt left cataract removed just before X-Mas All was fine with that eye no holes needed..LOL. tell Ike its not bad at all.. No pain,, Ralph #4201
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikel1we
Thanks for the tote info Nancy.
The laser Ike is having is supposed to help the drainage which, hopefully, will help relieve eye pressure from glaucoma. He is having a reaction to the glaucoma eye drops causing red eye rims. It doesn't hurt but looks really awful and flaming sore at times. I waited in a room during the first eye procedure and he was back in 8 minutes! At the follow up the Dr. reduced the meds from 3 diff. kinds to 1 for that eye ...... but the red rims continue. Thanks Nancy & Vicky for the kind thoughts. And Vicky, Ike said the thermal undies worked great. In this cold I think they will be standard issue for his daily rain, shine, heat, cold, only lighting & ice might stop him, 5 mi. walk. And the shelf/closet rod has been repaired & re-installed. whoopie!
Now where's that list with the other stuff? hummmm.

sue
Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #144
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Hey Ralph, glad your surgery went well, hoping the best for Ike's too! Be sure to tell the women about our rally!!

Carol/Jamie oh wouldn't it be great to accompany all those women towing to the international! Sure wish I could but I'll be there in spirit!

Women who tow, sounds like an Airstream Life story...

Sharon I love that you have the number of sleeps counted til the rally!! Closer than we think.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #145
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
I've long recognized that the Rivettes weekend would probably occur just after the midwest Moraine View rally -- it's just been announced for June 8th, 9th & 10th. The more the merrier I would say. Please keep us in mind in the unlikely event that you have the whole month of June off. So many rallies, so little time...
Hey Bob, if we can get our hubbies to take us to the Mid-West Forums Rally will you take them and occupy them on a Post Rally Rally Really, and send out the women first, over to the Solstice Rally? You guys don't mind bunking together and turning over the truck keys, right?

I too think forums rallies back to back with impromptu caravans would be very cool. Catch a wave for 2007, ought to be our forums motto.

I hear from Suz that the MidWest Forums Rally is lots of fun!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #146
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Tow And Go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4201KW8G
You have to be kidding me???? Is this for real??? Am I dreaming??? All these women in a campground without us men all alone?? Does this mean they will be driving too??? Pulling A/S as well?? I think its pretty cool... YOU TOW GIRLS!!!

WE think it's kinda cool to! Actually, VERY cool.

Say Ralphie, you wouldn't happen to have an aspiring Rivette in your houshold would you? If so, send her along! I don't think it's exactly been discussed as yet but I can see us caravaning to the campground. I think I'll will be hooking up with Mrs TowDaddy in K'zoo and we'll have to see about the others but the possibility of meeting up is there. Anyhoo, if there's a Rivette there put her on the thread!

suz

ps I've never done this before either so that's not a valid excuse.
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #147
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Report from the Factory

Hi, I called Mr. Eli Carder at the Airstream factory in Jackson Center to see if he'd gotten my e-mail regarding the Summer Solstice Rally and a possible maintenance seminar by someone in Airstream's service department. He's passed it along to Tim Garner but hasn't heard back yet.

I'd suggest that as we get a bit closer to the rally - say around June 1 - that we contact newspapers in Ohio and RV publications and let them know about the Rally (which Airstream should just LOVE....) then we'll probably get a lot more VIP treatment from them.

Of course if any of you happen to want to have service done by the factory on your unit around this time, I'd call them AND mention the Woman's rally.

Paula Ford
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #148
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
147 More Sleeps!

Wow get pre-occupied in something else for a single minute and you have days reading to catch up!!

CUDOS Carol on the PICs - and CUDOS to Steph the reservations!!! Got to get busy puttin the word out - Maybe I could work on a little flyer next week and we could do a bit of an e-mail around to some Units, WBCCI and the Regions - Plus of course - maybe sticking it here - is there like a bulletin board - or just under the Rally I guess would be good.

Now down to business - what is this Pull through smoothrough.....
Take a deep breath now ya'lllllll

RULE # 1 - All pull throughs must be exicuted in reverse order - hey ladies that means your BACKIN IN - YEEEEE HAAAAA - Big Ol'e open field - you ain't gonna hint nothin but a ground hog maybe???

That is me over on the side lines with my clip board

Who has the orange pylons??? We could give out point for the highest death of a pylon rating...

All these poor fellows with the eye problems - come on ladies it is time we stood up and take charge - I see so many women once their hubbies can no longer take the wheel - sell their rigs - it does not have to be that way. Not that these guys are tossing in the towel - they will probably have 20 year old vission again....

And I was just trying to read the fine print on a back issue of the VAC magazine and thinking wow - this is getting tough!!! and I'm not 50 yet!!!

Next topic....Okay I need ALL the good VIBES I can get - cause I am chassin a new silver toy. No details yet - but I will keep ya posted.....
ooooohhhmmmmmmmm........oooooohhhhmmmmmm!!!!:blink : I will most certainly put the hubby over the edge on this one!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #149
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
Of course if any of you happen to want to have service done by the factory on your unit around this time, I'd call them AND mention the Woman's rally.

Paula Ford

Well at least they have not filed us under (?) yet which is a good sign..

Maybe I could just drag the Overlander - give them my plans and let them give me a quote on the job I bet they would walk me right over to the used sales area in the next State

That is great Paula keep us informed. I can work on a press release for it if you want??? But next week not now - now I can not concetrate on anything!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #150
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Way to go Rivettes,

Paula - Great ideas on publicity! Thanks for keeping up with activities at JC. We appreciate it. Great Job! I look forward it.

Sharon - Oh my goodness, I love your humor! I am most definitely sending good vibes your way on the new silver toy. May your chase not be in vain and your lasso be on target! YEE HA!!!

Each day finds me more excited than the last. Explosion may be imminent

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #151
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy

Each day finds me more excited than the last. Explosion may be imminent

Vickie
That is just too much of a tease - you are going to get all these lurking males into a frenzie with lines like that -

oooooohhhhhmmmmmmm......oooooohhhhhmmmmmm!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:56 AM   #152
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Hey Tin Sista and friends. We'll talk up the Rivettes Summer Solstice Rally at our Western Womens Rally in March and see if we can get some western rivettes to head east in June. It would be fun to meet you all and get a big rally going. I'd love to see Jackson Center too.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #153
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon you so funny. I hope that new silver tube you are checking out may work out for you. But after seeing what you did to MoonBeam I know whatever unit you get you will make it an Airstream of distinction.

Paula that is such a great idea to get the Rivettes exposure and (cool) some VIP attention. You're cool. The newsletters too Sharon sounds like a terrific source too. Always thinking you gals.

I imagine as it draws closer I am going to be Sleepless in Lapeer on the sleep count. I'm with Vickie on being so excited to meet everyone, I will barely be able to keep another thought in my head!

Steph, thanks for getting our accommodations all squared away. It is amazing that we have room enough for all and the facilities use and for no upfront cost or registration. You must have charmed the management, no doubt.

Suz hope Ike is doing better and better and I think it is neat that you and Vickie will be plotting out together.

Nancy from the West and Jamie from the North, Paula from the South, wasn't there a song, I think it's so groovy now, that we are finally getting together.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #154
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper
Hey Tin Sista and friends. We'll talk up the Rivettes Summer Solstice Rally at our Western Womens Rally in March and see if we can get some western rivettes to head east in June. It would be fun to meet you all and get a big rally going. I'd love to see Jackson Center too.

That sounds GREAT the more the merrier. Sure wish we all lived out that way - we would not be tiddling on the forum but would be out and about getting together everyweekend I think.....

The more we chat about heading to the South the more I like it - but might have to convince the parents to doggy sit for that one.