Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #181
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
132 More Sleeps to RSSR

....but only 7 more sleeps to - oh know what the heck shall we call this? Hmmmm lets see wait I know how about a "Rivette Rush"

Yippeeee can't wait - Steph you truly are a TinSista! - I might just have to dedicate my new trailer to you and call her "TinSista - Wannabe"

Just took a break to come in from the cold - my job today is to get the 10 inches of snow off MoonBeam!!! aluminum ladders get cold on the legs!

It has been a busy week - getting all the things we want to pick up ordered and put aside for us. Getting things sorted on the trailer by phone - like the brakes and the back window arrangements (as it is a gaping open with no glass) So being accustom to quick Lexan fixes we thought we might have a chance to do that on Saturday some time, if not a piece of cardboard and duck tape might have to suffice.

Then there is the tow vehicle - had a bid of a vibration on the front brake so I need that sorted out. And I had a bad cap on the radiator, that was replaced about 2 weeks ago, but I am still losing engine coolant - and now see a bit dripping out the belhousing (yeah like I really know what that is - not) have to be honest here gals - I just heard that from my neighbour who is a retired mechanic.(one thing Peter is NOT - remotely a car engine mechanic - oh well can't be great at everything but he comes pretty darn close) The neighbour thinks it might be the "freeze Plug nuts" - a day does not go by where I don't learn something NEW.

So the pink drips in the snow is engine coolant - my truck uses dexcool at 50/50 mix (drinking water) and I know where to put it and check it. The burning smell is the little drips onto the centre pipe up by the manifold (learned this stuff several years ago with the Honda.

Monday a.m. I am off to the service station to get these two things and one even more important item fixed. My front seat heater is NOT WORKING

So while Peter is freezing his butt changing the wheels on the new trailer I must be sitting in the car with the seat heaters on!! Some how I don't think it is going to go down like that.

Have you heard of the saying See One, Learn One, Do One MoonBeam with the exception of all the things that was my forte (like curtains, woodwork, trinkets and of course cleaning and sweeping the girly stuff tee hee) I got to watch Peter do the electrical, replace the Univolt (with tons of help from TomW here at the forums, plumbing - my job was the towel lady during that process, water heater replacement (again acting as the towel lady), propane system (seeing the MoonBeam turn into a Scottish flame throwing Dragon)and Peter almost become Mel Gibson in the Movie "Man Without a Face", hitch stuff and even did a few hook ups, running gear stuff (trips to Indiana) and coolaid runner during the axle installation process in 95F weather and so on.

Now I get to learn one - my new little GT - that way when it comes to the Overlander - we will truly be able to do it together. Can't wait.

So Carol you are so true - every trip we do to retrieve an Airstream or take a holiday with an Airstream has never been a dull trip - there is always something to rivit back, tape up, replace and the list goes on.

Even the little things you learn by doing a circle check every stop - hmm coming home on the I95 at Daytona area - with our Door wide open the interior lights on - everyone waving at us and with the Thumbs up - signifying cool "interior" OMG!!! We had so much stuff piled at the door and yet we did not loose a thing in about 40 minutes...

So yep can't wait for this trip in the dead of winter driving the worst possibly place in North American - only the absolute worst possible snow belt with wicked Lake effect white out snows.

Stoke up the fire and everyone start crossing your fingers and sending the good luck vibes!!! it worked when I asked just before the Auction and we won the "Little Rivette" (just trying on some different names) not 100% until we actually meet. She might become "SR" for all I know.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #182
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
When do you leave, Sharon, so we can be sending you all the safe weather vibes possible? I am SO jealous of your Feb 17th Rush! Be sure to keep us "wannabethere's" updated on all the fun. Safe travels for you all ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #183
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Rivette Rush sounds great!!

Sharon, I am glad you could set this up, really it works out so nice for us as we can be at home with the little guy and have fun with adults too!!
Thank you!!

I am so excited that Vickie is coming with her whole family too!!

Carol I have a room ready for you if you decide to stay you are more than welcome! You can relax and have some adult beverages with us without worrying about the drive home!!

The museum is nice and its got some lovely architectural features--a live tree in the center of the building. If there's interest, we can take as much or as little time going through it as anyone wishes. Free parking on weekends. The gift shop is awesome!! Dave likes to keep me outta there!!
Its open Sat 10-4 pm
and Sun 1-5 pm
Old 02-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #184
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Rivette Rush, that's perfect. Yup, you and Peter have some hussling to do, that's for sure! We'll be waiting to hear all about your winter expedition. Those people under their awnings sipping those iced drinks don't know what they are missing! Nothing like snow up to your tutu and all that cold metal and exposure to the wind and cold.

Maybe Rivette Rush as in rush week at a sorority, official initiation, secret pinky shakes (now there's one for the mixologist) and hazing, actually I think the "haze" would be experienced the morning after the pinky shakes. Might have to take Steph up on her kind offer!
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #185
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi G

Leaving real early Thursday Morning - dreading the drive across the top of Toronto - counting on the worst of rush hour being over around 8:30-9:00 on the western side anyway - but I think we will take the 407 A little less traveled but the quality of the road is so much better than many parts of the 401 - worth the "toll".

Thanks for the VIBES G

One day we hope we will get into your neck of the woods
Old 02-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #186
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Omg!

Hey girls,

It looks like everyone has chimed in here but me. I had some shopping to do. Yes, there were a few things in there for us. I'm so excited as well. Sharon, you and Peter be sure and keep it between the ditches while hanging on tight! We'll get the party started for you!

Steph, thank you so much for offering us a place to let our hair down. You're going to a lot of trouble for us and we appreciate it.

Carol, so glad to hear you are giving some consideration to staying over. I sure hope that Bradley reconsiders. Jeff, Dave, and Peter are going to be out-numbered.

I am certainly looking forward to meeting everyone and as always getting to see Carol again. Cabin-fever has set in big time. It's time to make some new adventures.

It's less than a week...

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #187
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Yes - I am sorry - takes me a little longer than some folk sometimes - it just sunk in that Vickie is heading that way too.....then who left to go to Florida oh yes that was Jamie right?? or is it Sue and Ike - gosh I can't keep anything straight....

It has been that much just to keep Steph and Carol in the right order. And the only reason I can do that is cause I have a pic of Carol in her PJ's and Steph posing as Rosie. But I am lost as to the mystery woman that was with you - again remind me - was that you Vickie???

The Museum sounds really cool - love to go if that is the thing - I can bring the rope so we don't get lost.

Carol - I know what we can do for initiation - how about the old tongue to metal test I just had a picture of the four of us all stuck to the 63 Globe Trotter outside the Comfort Inn in Okesmos MI..

Yes Carol do stay - come-onnnnn pllllleeeasse - I'd let you stay in my room tee hee - no way girl - "Sharon" are you nutz you got a guy with ya.... oh yes silly me....

So Vickie - who is your "whole" family????

Wish we were bringin our Dogs with us - they don't get left behind on too many trips - but now we have three it is a bit much - and Mom hates to see the Lucky Boy left without his Girlfriend Haily. But then Men they ain't fussy now are they - see He'll cuddle with Taz too..... PS can I bring them to the Rally in the summer???? Boy look at those sleepy eyes - making me want a nap!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5559.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	32121   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4136.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	32122  

Old 02-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #188
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Sharon,

It is Sue and Ike that is going to Gulf Shores. Me, I just sitting here watching snow, snow, snow. I wish I was going somewhere warmer. No such luck this year.

Actually my whole family will not be coming. Our son Eric will have to stay home. He will have to work, I'm sure. So it will Jeff (husband), Danielle (daughter), and myself. I'll send you a picture of all us in an email. What about a picture of you and Peter?

I can't wait to see your new home on wheels.

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #189
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
C'mon Vickie post your Xmas picture it even has Barney in it.

Jamie has gone solo over to Sarasota to stay at a friend's condo. Perhaps she will check back and rub it in that she is living in the life of sunshine and luxury.

G. I wish we had had more time at Top Sails to visit, we will have to continue in Ohio in June.

Suz and Ike are already gone on their Roamin Holiday?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #190
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Watts' Family Photo Minus One (Eric)

Ok Carol twisted my arm! Really, I forgot about this photo.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	06 xmas photo.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	32132  
Air #5970
Old 02-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #191
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I love that picture. Barney in a santa hat too! And now you have me started.

Vickie is such a great driver that she can even talk Jeff through it driving blind. hehe

Looks like today is picture day!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	driving.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	32134  
Old 02-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #192
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Oh Carol,

Now you have gone and done it! You better watch out next Saturday night!!! You are such a prankster.

This was such fun! I wished I looked like I was having more fun! It was golf cart races at River Ridge Resort. The driver was blindfolded and the passenger had to navigate the driver through the course. It was a blast!!!

Thanks Carol. I haven't seen any of the pictures from that event.

Vickie
Air #5970
Old 02-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #193
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
I just love all these pictures, that blindfolded driver thing looks like it was lots of fun Vickie! When we have the rush we'll have to line up and do the Rosie pose!!

Carol, Dave was hoping Bradley would come too(safety in numbers?) he said this is a rivette function right? I said yeah, so he says, "do us guys have to sit in another room?"

I said, "I have to ask my sisters"
Old 02-14-2007, 07:22 AM   #194
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Talking Count down!!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Sharon will we be able to peek at the new Moonbeam?
We've dug a path to our trailer in case you want to take a gander at the Airstream and our progress.
Nancy, sorry to hear you can't make it this weekend, hoping to meet you again real soon (I think we met at LPPI in August didn't we?)
Jamie I wish we could beam you over Star Trek style, probably be too much of a shock to your system to come suddenly to MI from FL....We'll be sure to toast all the rivettes and think of you all!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:15 PM   #195
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Jamie I wish we could beam you over Star Trek style, probably be too much of a shock to your system to come suddenly to MI from FL....We'll be sure to toast all the rivettes and think of you all!
Gee thanks, Tin Sista, for thinking of me. I wish I could be there too. I've done the Boston to SW Ohio trip (950miles) non-stop before and, believe me, it does feel like you just went through a transporter.

Ladies, my "We Can Tow It!" t-shirt sample was delivered while I was in Florida and the design worked great!! I had it done in an 8" width on the front of a white T. Today I gave it a laundry test and it came out A-O-K. How do you want me to proceed? Did we want to set it up with CafePress? Anybody done it before? Is it a simple process that even I can figure out?

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #196
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Great news Jamie...good food for thought.

Thanks so much Jamie, Carol, and Sharon for all the logo work, and Jamie for the tshirt testing!!

Cafepress, looks interesting, I noticed the customize feature is under create your own on the front page of the website. I just walked through it using a short sleeved dark t shirt (just to see the contrast) and it showed an 8" image on it. Then you can select ready to buy, and it looks like $24.99. Of course you can choose a long sleeved shirt, a hoodie, etc.
What do you all think? If we wanted to do this more as a rally themed shop, there is a spot to design and sell it in case others don't want to walk through all of the design and choosing stuff. I think that one of the other rallies did the preselected items in a storefront, this way a rally attendee could just pick a shirt color and size, for example without dealing with uploading files, etc.
What does everyone think of the prices/etc?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #197
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Cool! OK with me. What size did you get Jamie? How do they fit? My medium I bought for the Can Opener is contoured and too teeny. I think if you allow normal shipping the price isn't too bad, I had to expedict and it cost as much or more than the shirt.

Jamie will you post us a picture of you wearing the shirt please?

photography
Old 02-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #198
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
For comparison, I got the sample t-shirt through the free t-shirt offer at Corporate Casuals. The actual price was $8.95 ($5.95shipping + $3 to remove their logo from the back). Mine is a white T with just the Rosie picture on front. If I want to order more of this (Hanes Beefy-t, plain white) it looks like it will be $15.71 including printing and shipping.

I think it would be great to have a Rivettes Shop at CafePress, with all the different logos we come up with for rallies. And we could apply it to different items as well (caps, mugs, etc.) Do they charge to set up the shop? If not, then there's no risk in setting it up and letting everyone order whatever they want. And if people want to just get a plain T at a lower cost through the Corporate Casuals site, we can easily share the logo via email for a do-it-yourself order.

On sizes, I ordered a medium and the shirt fits fine after washing. It must be a unisex size which gives a little extra roominess. My normal size is a womens M(8-10). Model? Who me? Ms. Camera Shy? No way, uh-uh, not me.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #199
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Set up the shop! Hey we are born to it, aren't we? Will all the products have the same graphic? Is it the avatar you are using? Can you pick out different color shirts too? Then in that case can we see a picture of the shirt, I guess we will after you set up shop. I'm excited. But now we don't want to order totes because Nancy's sister-in-law has them or not?

photography
Old 02-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #200
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Can't wait to meet everyone!!
Sharon will we be able to peek at the new Moonbeam?
We've dug a path to our trailer in case you want to take a gander at the Airstream and our progress.
Why sure you can - but enter at your own risk

I would love to see what you are up to with yours...

Jamie that is great that it worked out.

I can send anyone the RSSR file if they want something for the summer Rally too - the Cafexpress is really easy to use - just let me know and I can send the logo around next week - sorry don't have much time right now It is really cool you can test all sorts of different items and see what they look like with either of the logos on them - different colours too.