Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2004, 10:12 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Too cool

Wow!!
I have to say that it was one great weekend. Thanks to all for the great time. I love the signs and key chains. The ID cards are a gas too. I guess I'm a card carring member now.

The site signs are a really neat idea. It has helped me to keep straight the names that I am able to remember straight with the faces and trailers. I'm still working on a few, sorry about the short term memory problems.

Jack you pulled off one great weekend!!

The kids had a great time and (most important) Lori had a great time. You are one special group of people.
I'm thinking "October fest in the woods" has to be thought about. I just may start a thread about that.............. Once a year is a long time to wait....

I have a few photos to post, but will wait till later when I can sort out the documentation ones from the general ones.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:17 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Photo album

I was able to resize many photos and repost them in my album, so feel free to take a look-see.

I was thinking.....

AIRSCREAM 2004!!! WE CAN ALL HAVE US A HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

tincanluv,

...the photos are awesome. We need to get a digital camera...<sigh>

Thanks for sharing them!
hohne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

...was there a food fight during the gathering on Saturday night/Sunday Morning?
hohne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:33 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Yowza!

Woke up this morning with a terrible case of Post Rally Depression. So I took an unbearably hot shower, put on my smelly t-shirt, posted my sign on the lawn with my wirlygigs, clenched my keychain in my fist (thanks so much for the gifts everyone!), poured myself a chocolate milk and sat on my front lawn and had a good cry. Oh, woas me.

My Jack, Eric, and Roger Voodoo dolls are now sleeping comfortably in a bed of soft satin. They all had manicures, pedicures, and masages before I put them down for their naps. I have completely feng shuied the torture chamber and I'm playing some nice relaxing new age music and burning Chamomile candles. Tomorrow I thought I'd treat them to facials.... Wait a second.....Who am I? am I going soft? I'm......[quiver] nice.......but how the heck am I supposed to spear them with knitting needles when I now know them to be good, kind, fun individuals? Yikes.......What kind of monster have I become? Is there a 12 step program for kindness? I'm sure this will go away. I'll be back to torturing them......I hope......soon. Well, one good thing....don't have any problem torturing my new Ron Tincanluv doll. Strange......where is that knitting needle? Te he....

We had so much fun. I wish I had been able to hang around the campfire longer. Two kids make things a challenge. Plus - what a surprise to have my favorite cousin show up in their brand new-to-them Airstream! Do I get some sort of gift for converting them? She is now one of the "Airstream Wives"

I have to say - it was great to meet a bunch of people, some I had only met once, maybe twice, and most never before and feel like I was with a group of old friends.....all of this niceness is giving me hives. I sure wish I had something bad to say, but search as I may, there just isn't anything.

Thanks everyone! Let's do it again soon.
hotLAVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Thanks!

Thanks to all for the gifts, we had a nice time.

Although we didn't spend tons of time visiting everyone, we enjoyed the rally.
Wanted to make sure mom was happy, etc...She LOVED the birthday sign made by TCL, that was great! And...the birthday cake was a real hit!

Thanks to everyone who helped us with questions/answers/advice!
Old 06-14-2004, 12:29 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Airscream is COOL with us

Airscream, if it comes about, should probably happen MID-October due to upcoming weather.

Either that, or everyone needs to safety check their furnaces for working order. hard to think about that today, though! It's so hot and humid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
I was thinking.....

AIRSCREAM 2004!!! WE CAN ALL HAVE US A HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!

flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:31 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
I was able to resize many photos and repost them in my album, so feel free to take a look-see.

:

Ron and Tony, you did a FANTABULOUS job on the pictures!
Old 06-14-2004, 04:00 PM   #29
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Greetings.

Pam and I just rolled home today. We decided to spend another night without all you hellions.

We both had a wonderful time and it was great to meet you all, though we know we did not get to spend enough time with everyone. I did not even get tto see Eric's unit, or Jacks Slide out with it's own zip code!

We want to thank everyone for all the effort to make this a really laid back, and smooth event. I've never seen so much aluminum gathered in one place....and home made ice cream!!!!!

Ron and Tony, Pam and I would like to adopt you!!! Sue and Ike, your trailer is gorgous, like it just came out of the factory. Tracy, great t-shirts, I'll never take mine off. Jack, thanks for the key chain chotchkie thingie.

Here I am a professional photographer, and I think I shot about 5 pictures, most shakey due to overindulgence of lactose product.

Great weekend one and all...more when I get a little sleep.

Toodles.

Jonathan and Pam
Old 06-14-2004, 04:46 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
it was a pleasure to meet everybody...most especially those with whom i have had spirited posts.....the humdidity was a killer, and i spent more time in miss moneypit recovering from each trip outside then i would have liked....kinda like a diver in a decompression chamber...or a cloister.....
twinky dont worry about that critter...just be kind to your web footed friends....know what i mean vern?....
my trip was safe but not uneventful....stopped in a rest area for lunch, and forgot to secure the reefer door and wound up with a gallon of sun tea on my just cleanned rug... ....got back to the farm where i keep my stream only to find unwelcome trailers parked by a combine crew....they just set up shop like it was their real estate.....while backing up and trying to avoid the unwelcome trailers i wrapped my bumper around a fencepost...****....DOUBLE ****.... then at 10:30 they showed up and fired up their gensets... they left at 2 A.M. like theives in the night... Ya know when i go hunting i ask for permission....but these assholes will get theirs someday as i am a firm believer in the axiom...what goes around comes around......end of conversation......

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:54 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
OUCH Norby!!! Sorry that you had such a bad time with the weather.

Photos as promised......
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
No trailers...
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:55 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Norby Norby Norby

Norby, it's SO WUNNERFUL to see you in your "regular rare form." How's THAT statement for a conundrum?

I'm having a "senior moment" and will "send this" before I become MY normal self again, but I have to admit that I enjoy your "jocularity."

It was NICE to meet you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbert
it was a pleasure to meet everybody...most especially those with whom i have had spirited posts.....the humdidity was a killer, and i spent more time in miss moneypit recovering from each trip outside then i would have liked....kinda like a diver in a decompression chamber...or a cloister.....
twinky dont worry about that critter...just be kind to your web footed friends....know what i mean vern?....
my trip was safe but not uneventful....stopped in a rest area for lunch, and forgot to secure the reefer door and wound up with a gallon of sun tea on my just cleanned rug... ....got back to the farm where i keep my stream only to find unwelcome trailers parked by a combine crew....they just set up shop like it was their real estate.....while backing up and trying to avoid the unwelcome trailers i wrapped my bumper on a fencepost...****....DOUBLE ****.... then at 10:30 they showed up and fired up their gensets... Ya know when i go hunting i ask for permission....but these assholes will get theirs someday as i am a firm believer in the axiom...what goes around comes around......end of conversation......
Old 06-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Norbert's was one of my favorite trailers. It has a front kitchen & dinette, so the door was more toward the middle of the coach. It was also the only trailer where I was regaled with stories of the Vietnam War!

I'm still mulling over the tour, trying to decide which was my absolute favorite model, but it's tough. What was amazing was that EVERY one of them was different, even the 3 or so CCD Bambis.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:14 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
im john kerry and i am a viet nam veteran.... sorry kid...it just came out somehow.....
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:19 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
what's to apologize for?

I'm not one for repetitive small talk anyway! It was interesting.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #36
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
**Back Home**

We also enjoyed being at the rally very much and were thrilled with all the little things we received. We enjoyed meeting everyone and making new friends!

We left the park a little before eleven; with an un-eventful trip home except for......one small happening.

It was harmless as it turned out but as someone was passing me on the interstate, they opened their window somewhat and stuck out their hand. They started making jesters, well, maybe not what you're thinking but they were pointing at the ground and they kept doing it until they knew I saw them. Well, I was wondering what could be wrong; I couldn't think what it might be so I pulled off at the next exit. When I opened the door I found a bottle of cleaning solution lying on the running board. That’s right; it didn't fall off on the interstate, amazing isn't it? Well I went ahead and did a quick walk around anyway to be sure and got back in. We then headed back to the interstate to discover that we were going in the wrong direction. We didn't have a choice; there wasn't an east bound ramp. We had to go about eight miles in the wrong direction until we could turn around. I guess it may have delayed us about 20-30 minutes or so. We arrived home safely about 9:10 p.m.

We are looking forward to the next rally at Mackinaw!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:54 PM   #37
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Oh, another thing; I don't like the speed limit in IL!

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Old 06-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #38
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Speed limit?

What IS the normal trailer speed limit??? I hated it too. We never go slower than 85 when we head up to Chicago....so, we could have been there normally by the time we reached MVSP.

I really didn't mind for our first trip though. I'm still worried about only having a single axle...If I go flat, or blowout, we're screwed.

Wish we would have had people notify us when we lost windows on this trip....THREE TIMES....and no one saw a thing???? hmmm......
Old 06-14-2004, 08:16 PM   #39
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
The speed limit was 65 but the sign stated that for motor homes,campers, 55! Just creates more problems IMHO with everyone else passing all the time while you're going slower.

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Old 06-14-2004, 08:30 PM   #40
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I know that is what the sign says, but in IL, we go by the plus 30 rule which is simply adding 30 to whatever the sign says. I think you will find that most State Troopers in IL won't even bother anyone if you are going near 55-65mph, trailer or not. Our family has lived in IL for perhaps 3 or 4 generations. Few times, unless you are really pushing Mach 1, do they even bother....and even if they did, the fine is something like $75 or $100? Compare that to WI where the fines are $267.00 for 15 over..........

I travel between 62-65mph with the camper. Gone past several State Troopers in a 65 mph zone. No issues so far.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote