Old 06-13-2004, 09:50 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
THANK YOU, Tim

Your trailer signs were/ARE truly AWESOME.

we were SO BUMMED to come down there without our trailer, but when we pulled our truck into the assigned lot, poured our chocolate milk in to our EXTREMELY CLASSY palm tree drink "hiders".... and set up our two measly lawn chairs, it really MADE MY DAY to see my sign.

How WONDERFUL!

I'm taking it everywhere with us. Our SOB friends will DIE DIE DIE.

Thank you so much!

Old 06-13-2004, 09:53 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Tracy Lawrence

LOVE the t-shirts.. we stopped at several antique malls on the way home and they got a good amount of attention!

I bought one for my son, Eric, and his friend, Robert, at the Group Home. I told them about it on the phone tonight, and Eric said :

"finally got me that trailer trash shirt you've been threatening me with, aye?"

I'm mailing them out tomorrow. the guys will LOVE them.

Old 06-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
WOW! Those Forum name signs are awesome! Please give more details. What are they made out of? How were they made? Very jealous.

You guys certainly set the standard for Forum Rallies.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We're safely home after a six hour drive, we've parked, left everything to unpack until tomorrow, greeted kids and grandkids with marvelous new whirly-gigs (thanks, Ron and Tony!), hugged our dog, and plopped! What a fun weekend we had with everyone. We had never seen even four AS's in a campground before, and we were part of a HUGE gathering of them! And we even got to open doors and tour through them all! We add our voices thanking all of you who made personal contributions to the gathering. Yes, our keys now are on the key chain, our whirly gig is twirling in the back garden, our sign will be a keepsake, the t's will go on our trip in July, and the memories are priceless. Putting faces with names will make the Forum even more enjoyable. It's simply amazing that a tentative post on this forum a year ago could have led us to an Airstream of our own and the friends that now go with that. Hope this finds everyone home, safe, and looking forward to the next road trip with your Airstreams! By the way, on our way home today, we took a side trip to New Salem (an Illinois historic site) that is just outside of Springfield. New Salem is an 1830's reconstructed village where Abraham Lincoln lived and worked as a young man before his adult political life. The site is beautifully done and well worth the time if you have the opportunity to visit. I was thinking of all the young families at the rally and imagining how the children would enjoy an afternoon in this walk-back in time!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:33 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Airstream Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
WOW! Those Forum name signs are awesome! Please give more details. What are they made out of? How were they made? Very jealous.

You guys certainly set the standard for Forum Rallies.

You shoudl have seen the trailers all lined up, with matching identifying signs. It was really KEWL.

Of course it woudl have been MUCH nicer if there hadn't been a gaping HOLE in the spot WE were supposed to be in!

I'll love my sign FOREVER!
Old 06-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

1985 31' Sovereign
Bel-Nor , Missouri
This was our first rally and is my first post. We had a great time. Everyone was class A and all of the coach's we toured were fabulous. Although we were in the unknown site due to my not registering correctly we were never alone. Thanks to everyone for everything. Hope to be doing it again and often.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Too cool

Wow!!
I have to say that it was one great weekend. Thanks to all for the great time. I love the signs and key chains. The ID cards are a gas too. I guess I'm a card carring member now.

The site signs are a really neat idea. It has helped me to keep straight the names that I am able to remember straight with the faces and trailers. I'm still working on a few, sorry about the short term memory problems.

Jack you pulled off one great weekend!!

The kids had a great time and (most important) Lori had a great time. You are one special group of people.
I'm thinking "October fest in the woods" has to be thought about. I just may start a thread about that.............. Once a year is a long time to wait....

I have a few photos to post, but will wait till later when I can sort out the documentation ones from the general ones.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:17 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Photo album

I was able to resize many photos and repost them in my album, so feel free to take a look-see.

I was thinking.....

AIRSCREAM 2004!!! WE CAN ALL HAVE US A HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

tincanluv,

...the photos are awesome. We need to get a digital camera...<sigh>

Thanks for sharing them!
Old 06-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

...was there a food fight during the gathering on Saturday night/Sunday Morning?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Wilmington , Illinois
Yowza!

Woke up this morning with a terrible case of Post Rally Depression. So I took an unbearably hot shower, put on my smelly t-shirt, posted my sign on the lawn with my wirlygigs, clenched my keychain in my fist (thanks so much for the gifts everyone!), poured myself a chocolate milk and sat on my front lawn and had a good cry. Oh, woas me.

My Jack, Eric, and Roger Voodoo dolls are now sleeping comfortably in a bed of soft satin. They all had manicures, pedicures, and masages before I put them down for their naps. I have completely feng shuied the torture chamber and I'm playing some nice relaxing new age music and burning Chamomile candles. Tomorrow I thought I'd treat them to facials.... Wait a second.....Who am I? am I going soft? I'm......[quiver] nice.......but how the heck am I supposed to spear them with knitting needles when I now know them to be good, kind, fun individuals? Yikes.......What kind of monster have I become? Is there a 12 step program for kindness? I'm sure this will go away. I'll be back to torturing them......I hope......soon. Well, one good thing....don't have any problem torturing my new Ron Tincanluv doll. Strange......where is that knitting needle? Te he....

We had so much fun. I wish I had been able to hang around the campfire longer. Two kids make things a challenge. Plus - what a surprise to have my favorite cousin show up in their brand new-to-them Airstream! Do I get some sort of gift for converting them? She is now one of the "Airstream Wives"

I have to say - it was great to meet a bunch of people, some I had only met once, maybe twice, and most never before and feel like I was with a group of old friends.....all of this niceness is giving me hives. I sure wish I had something bad to say, but search as I may, there just isn't anything.

Thanks everyone! Let's do it again soon.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Thanks!

Thanks to all for the gifts, we had a nice time.

Although we didn't spend tons of time visiting everyone, we enjoyed the rally.
Wanted to make sure mom was happy, etc...She LOVED the birthday sign made by TCL, that was great! And...the birthday cake was a real hit!

Thanks to everyone who helped us with questions/answers/advice!
Old 06-14-2004, 01:29 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Airscream is COOL with us

Airscream, if it comes about, should probably happen MID-October due to upcoming weather.

Either that, or everyone needs to safety check their furnaces for working order. hard to think about that today, though! It's so hot and humid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
I was thinking.....

AIRSCREAM 2004!!! WE CAN ALL HAVE US A HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
I was able to resize many photos and repost them in my album, so feel free to take a look-see.

:

Ron and Tony, you did a FANTABULOUS job on the pictures!