Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Try this

Originally Posted by BamCamper
What is the "policy" on this? Does she have to leave her SOB at home in order to come along? Would she camp somewhere near the cluster of silver but not too close? I know it's an Airstream Rally but...

Our first thought is to ask your dear friend if she minds wrapping her SOB in aluminum foil for the rally or alternatively getting a big can of silver spray paint?

And then again, several kegs of beers next to her front door would be a great disguise. "Special Edition" aluminum pods! That qualifies in our book. After all, after a few beers.....who cares....or even....who could tell the difference.

Time and Time again

TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #16

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I can tell you that from a Forums stand point, the more the merrier. We obviously would like them to work through the reservation process with us and let us know that they are coming.

From my standpoint for Moraine View, I like to keep track of attendance for providing memento's of the occasion. Knowing you are coming assures that you will be getting one.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Murfreesboro , Tennessee
I'm very glad to see the attitude on the forum

I'm a new member and just wanted to say I'm proud of all of you. Personally, I don't care if a couple next door is in a tent if they're good neighbors. Not everyone can afford an Airstream, even a used one. I'm shopping for a trailer now, but I'm looking forward to the people I'll meet and enjoy. The trailer is secondary. The way I look at it, if Bill Gates pulls up next to me, he'll beat anything I'll ever own. There's not much reason for me to feel exclusive. I'd much rather that the young couple in the tent remembered the folks in the silver trailer that invited them over for dinner when it was raining so hard.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
I know your friends would be welcomed at our event in Hiawassee in April!
The Slowsky's
2008 Airstream 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #19
Rivet Master
1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
and you have to remember 29 palms

the very funny "airstream" with a Prevost paint job of course she would be welcome at a NRRR
Ron and Debbie Lawrence
1985 345 Motorhome...... delightfully tacky......yet unrefined
AIR 7992
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #20
Rivet Master
1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Are you asking about a WBCCI or a Forum Rally?

WBCCI it needs to be a buddy rally for an SOB to attend.

Forum Rally I don't think it would be an issue but you might want to toss it onto that rallies thread before she signs up.
I concur. The forum does not require Airstream ownership, and being on the forums does not even require registering. So I feel that a forum rally is kind of an extensionof the forums, and everyone would be welcome.

Often guests on the forums are seeking advice or "feeling out" the community. And they are welcome, and all are welcomed when they join. As such, I think forum rallys would welcome guests, either camping or walk-in visitors.

I think that not all good people in the world have Airstreams, and not all Airstream owners are necessarily good people (but most seem to be...of course, I'm a limited observer, and not in the WBCCI).

As far as I am concerned, all would be welcome, although signing up allows better estimates for time management, food, tours, food, prizes, food, raffles, and pot lucks.

So bring whomever is free-spirited enough to join in the fun!
Phil and/or Sue w/ Cheryl & Penny and Roger
(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/2015)
1997 34' Excella
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #21
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
We have another member here who is bringing his SOB to the Midwest rally.
I'm the SOB that's bringing the SOB...

AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #22
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Yes, my experience is that Airstreamers are great! Our first rally we had a 1946 Kit teardrop trailer and we were welcome. You might want to warn the person. We now have the teardrop and 2 Airstreams.
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I've had several SOBs. Each one better than the next. Now I have the AS. I would have loved it to have been asked into an Airstream group. Maybe I would not have taken so long to get my own AS.

Neil and Lynn
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #24
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
All kidding aside, we decided on an Airstream and I found this forum in the process of deciding. I also found that there was going to be a forum rally in north Georgia in the fall of that year. I asked if we could attend for the afternoon and potluck sans Airstream and was welcomed by all that was there. We had a great time and attended another the following spring. We missed a couple before we actually bought our Airstream and the first that was scheduled after we bought it because of a family conflict, but we attended the very next forum rally in the south (Can Opener Rally) and had a great time seeing most of the same folks from the first two rallies we had attended.

You make friends at these forum rallies that stick with you even though you may not see them for over a year or you may see three or four months later at the next forum rally in your region.

Encourage your friend to come to the rally and have her/him make new friends and she/he will want to attend the next rallies they have. Who knows, she/he may even attend some that you can't make it to. If the folks that organize that rally don't maker her/him feel completely welcome, then shame on them! You might want to find a new forum rally to attend the next time. I truly believe that won't be the case, though.
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #25
Head Animal Wrangler
2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I was talking about a Forums Rally and not a WBCCI Rally. The WBCCI Rallies do tend to be more formally "organized" and probably less appropriate for a non Airstream Rallier, even as a "buddy".

It's good to hear that most people would be welcoming. Forum Rallies are pretty flexible and fun. I know I always feel "the more the merrier".

The problem really would be for the SOB. They might feel like they are wearing shorts to a formal event!
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #26
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Originally Posted by BamCamper
The problem really would be for the SOB. They might feel like they are wearing shorts to a formal event!
You could give them a can of silver spray paint . Okay, maybe not. We have relatives and friends that own SOB's. We make sure to invite them to all activities, and plan functions at their coaches so they don't feel "left out", or shunned. Pot luck at one, movie night at another, etc. The movie idea is great, there's nothing like the flat white side of an SOB to show a movie on.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #27
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Forums rally sure, formal or WBCCI rally, doubt it, but even if she did tag along, depending on the unit, lots of cold stares, etc...unless she is driving a rebadged class A!
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #28
1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Bring her to Cazini

Laurel, I read your post and see your friend is a female. Kind of makes me think of new meaning for SOB. Maybe something like Sexy Ole Babe, in which case she would be welcome anywhere. see you in 2 weeks! Tim

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote