Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #61

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
6qt, 12", only about 4 inch deep, so it's not as deep as yours. It's got the legs. I was dissapointed it didn't come with the cover removing tool. I guess I need to go hunt one of those down now.

For those who don't know, Claudia pulled off some pretty neat dishes in her dutch oven at Silver falls, a cheesy/saucy/veggie/meatball main dish, and an apple cobbler the next night - yum! Which is why I HAD to go get one before the next trip out!

Mine didn't come seasoned, so I greased it up and it's cooling off in the over as we speak.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Western , Washington
trout lake rally

in bingen, will go up hill in the mid morning, jeff.
acgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #63
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
I just checked the weather for trout lake - looks like 82 degrees and sunny all weekend, lows around 50.

Excellent!

We have a show tommorrow and will be tied up until about 10 PM - so we packed the truck for troutlake tonight... merlot, generator, propane, cooker, grill, griddle, plastic boxes 'o stuff, merlot, ....

Mary is driving to troutlake from Wenatchee. If she gets there before we do, somebody say hi and tell her where she can pitch a tent (quiet place if possible).

Looking forward to seeing every body and meeting the new folks.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
We're off!
See ya in Trout Lake!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:17 AM   #65
Rivet Master

Hey, be careful that w/ all the AS's parked at the end of the old runway...too much Merlot and people lounging in camp chairs...from overhead, FAA might think a plane had slid off the runway...that might make a neat SAT photo.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:00 PM   #66

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Dang it, we left, picked up dinner to go on the way out of town, and then, as we hit the hiway, thought.."where exactly ARE we going?"

Back home, printing out directions, eating our dinner, be there later tonight!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #67
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
I don't need to click...
for the daily smile - your post made me smile!!

Hope everybody enjoys the weekend.

jim & karen
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:18 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Thanks... have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
6qt, 12", only about 4 inch deep, so it's not as deep as yours. It's got the legs. I was dissapointed it didn't come with the cover removing tool. I guess I need to go hunt one of those down now.

For those who don't know, Claudia pulled off some pretty neat dishes in her dutch oven at Silver falls, a cheesy/saucy/veggie/meatball main dish, and an apple cobbler the next night - yum! Which is why I HAD to go get one before the next trip out!

Mine didn't come seasoned, so I greased it up and it's cooling off in the over as we speak.
Steph,

Wish we were going to meet you guys... fuel prices are just too icky... and waiting for a new axle for the Bambi... Don decided we needed one, Tardis is sitting on jack stands and all... Hopefully will have her back together at the end of the month.

I have a smaller dutch oven I haven't used... I need to get it out and get cracking! They are great, except for the clean up... it is a little labor intensive. Too bad they won't fit into the dishwasher.... By the way, mine didn't come with the cover removing tool, that was a Christmas present. I used to use a old fireplace poker that had a curved part on the end, worked pretty well. Outfitting places probably carry the lid lifters... if you don't find one I think Cabalas (did I spell that correctly???) has them, I think they have a big website.

Hope everyone has a great time at this event! We are thinking positive things for all!

Claudia (aka: Mrs. NorCal Bambi ~ hopefully to be traveling again soon in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM   #69
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Dang it, we left, picked up dinner to go on the way out of town, and then, as we hit the hiway, thought.."where exactly ARE we going?"

Back home, printing out directions, eating our dinner, be there later tonight!
Doh!
Attached Images

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #70
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Was out windsurfing on the Columbia today on the WA side and after the session, noticed a dark blue pick up towing a vintage unit with WBCCI numbers on it.....obviously headed to Trout Lake. Didn't catch the #'s fully but they were 3117 0r 3717 or close to that.

I'll be up there tomorrow afternoon (should be windy again tomorrow, so it will be after the sailing session...priorities you know!! ) so Ican find out exactly who it was. IIRC, the sighting was about 8:00PM on Rt 14 headed East.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #71
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
You saw chris (C Johnson) in a caravel heading to trout lake!

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-15-2006, 08:36 AM   #72
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Two other folks that I sail with have Airstreams. One is an '03 Bambi 16 CCD and the other is a new Safari 25 FB LE. We all saw Chris driving past and were happy to see another A/S going down the road!

See you all later!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #73
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Well - i had a great time - and almost didn't come back! Trout lake was wonderful. We camped at fabulous place that rally attendees have agreed not publicize. We want to keep it for ourselves - pristine and beautiful! it has a code name and will be referred to in a clandestine manner in future posts...... Area 33.

Got to meet some new folks and lewster came down for the day.

Northwest forums rallies have reached a new pinnacle in invitational excess.... I rolled on the lawn when I heard that one of our attendees drove past a house with a nice shiny Airstream parked in the drive only a mile from our rally site (area 33) , stopped, rang the bell and invited the residents to the rally! Cool - rally conscription.

The arts festival was lovely and Marys kids actually saw ice in the ice caves! (last year the caves were just cold - no ice).

It was great to have another argosy at the rally - we had 9 trailers and several folks in tents - all parked in a big grassy field dotted with little yellow flowers at the foot of Mt Adams. But..... i forgot my camera!

We're doing this one again next year and staying longer!

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #74
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
The cover up.

Though Janet has in the past been known to be a reliable source of information, I must go on the record that there is no area 33. Merlot+lack of sleep must have made the yellow weather balloons appear to be flowers. And the statment that the alleged campsite was at the base of Mt Adams is also untrue, in reality we were on a farm but the Mountain was really a heap of chicken manure.

So thanks again Janet for the lovely spin on the chicken poop yellow weather ballon flying ranch you booked us. Gee tell the truth why don't ya.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:47 PM   #75
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
More of a hint where area 33 is.....

This pic was taken somewhere between 0-50 miles from our campsite. Now I don't think that's revealing any information and thus keeping our site secret!
Great rally with a totally awesome group and location!
I'll be back next year!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4755sm.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	23658  

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 07-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #76
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Yep - that's it! Chicken splat and yellow weather balloons....

The Kool-aide was good too...

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Hey guys......that last post was my 500th!! Ya'll better listen up now when I make my posts.....cuz I got the rivets and that means I knows somthin' special abowt these here Airstreems! Like Bling Blings on my dog, I'll glow in the dark!

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 07-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #78
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Congratulations oh wise and exalted rivet master - may your rivets grow wise and remain untarnished.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #79
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Quality vs Quantity

So you got 500 posts big deal.

But hey If I wanted to learn about dog food on the bauxite site you have earned it.

Speaking of aluminium did Gi Gi yak up here aluminum hair ball yet? Or are you using a metal detector to scan her scat?

PS There will be a couple of G-Men at your house tomorrow to de-breif you on the alleged area 33.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:20 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
CC,
Her digestive juices were beyond belief...........absolutely no tell tale signs of it coming thru the gi tract.........Now if we could only develop a similar product to remove oxidation on vintage AS's!
Reminds me of the time a client's dog (a bull terrior) swallowed the mistress's wedding rings off the living room coffee table. I told them to keep the dog in the garage and strain all the poo until the rings went thru.........and they did!

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538